Why didnt it kill him in the end?

Why didnt it kill him in the end?

it thought it might need a snack

It just wanted to listen to his dramatic reenactment of 'Goodnight moon' again.

it started reproducing

Why didn't they freeze it when it started fucking with the guy's hand? It seemed like they could change the temperature in that enclosure pretty quickly.

i still don't understand why the cast eddie murphy and martin lawrence in this movie, it seemed very out of place

Calvin was fine in open space and sucked on those oxygen sticks like teats, what makes you think they could freeze it?

What was it made of? Cells are filled with water, which freezes. This thing seemed resistant to extreme cold and heat. It'd be interesting if they talked with biologists to see how a cell-based organism could have these traits, but I'm guessing they just waved their hands and had it have these characteristics because it's convenient.

I thought they would try to electrocute it again ASAP after it went dormant the first time.

Anyway, it's still better than Covenant.

Wasn't it silicon-based? I was playing a video game and posting to Sup Forums while "watching" so I'm not going to pretend I'm an expert on the film but I thought they mentioned that.

They deliberately state it's carbon based.

Welp

inb4 it gets killed by funghi or bacteria

Graphene is carbon-based.

was that his father watch in the end?

Unexpected feels general?

Wasn't it getting exponentially stronger and more clever? Maybe it didn't really need to kill him at the moment, so it incapactitated Jake to use him later as bait or something or just keep him fresh for a later snack.

>exponentially
FUCKING LOL DID YOU MEAN POLYNOMIALLY?

I don't know what's so funny about my post

Is it pleb to really like it when there's stupid loud notes playing over something happening and people shouting like in the end
Because I might be a pleb

>carbon based
>somehow a super blowtorch didn't do shit not even singe the fucking thing
>radiation didn't do anything to it while it was floating around in space for a time
>didn't even freeze while it was wandering around in space

It's made of graphene you stupid brainlet

How did the pods get switched at the end? I got bored so i jumped like half an hour

When the fuck did they say that?!
>mars alien
>gravity on mars is less
>somehow this fucking thing is the equivalent strength to adamantium on mars

That piece of shit thing shouldn't even have been able to break that guys hand.

It's better left unknown. The fear of something that you can't comprehend adds an element. We don't need additional movies to find out it was created by some robot with a hard on for human life.

So they could get the moment of him shaking his head to the chinks. This film was such shit.
>The monster sees, eats and feels from it's entire body
>still forms a head with a mouth and eyeholes for the spook factor

Crossboarder NEET that avoids tv and movies for years here. Expected something like the thing or alien. Are all modern movies this retarded? I'm not shitposting, I'm genuinely curious since I'm hardcore asocial loser and the movie came as somewhat of a shock with how dumb everything in it was. The script and everything seemed as if straight out of some low quality teenage fanfiction.

If you'd have the trailer you would have already seen how shit it would be.

it was gay

How do you entertain yourself?

>no no NO NO NO NO DON'T OPEN THE DOOR NO DON'T PLEASE DON'T OPEN THE DOOR
>hmm better open door

I don't get it. What do you mean? I thought he said he lost it

Sup Forums.

>>The monster sees, eats and feels from it's entire body
>>still forms a head with a mouth and eyeholes for the spook factor

This bugged me the most about this movie

They needed a shitty tweest to end the movie.

it was a joke line in a blooper

Same.

why didnt the cdc tell the astronauts about all of the containment procedures?

i find it impossible to believe cdc standard is to half-way inform their scientists of the safeguards

i like to think it used him as bait. He saw that each time a human was in trouble the other humans did all they could to get to them (giving him a way in or out) so he used Jake for this reason. A way in or out the pod.

Maybe it's like a xenomorph (cause the rest of the movie was a pretty big ripoff of alien) and it only started taking a recognizable shape after it got human DNA from Ryan Reynolds character?

It's need to eat seemed really unsustainable

He fed it oxygen so it became friendly again and attempted to cocoon him so he'd be cushioned in the crash. Remember it was only after the nigger tried to attack it with decompression and electrical shocks that it went on a murder spree.

Too bad they were found by gooks in the boats, the slant eyes will probably try to boil Calvin alive or something and set it hostile again.

this

Anyone have a picture of it?

Google is only showing me some plant looking thing

ok so I have a question ever since I saw it in theaters
towards the end they try and trap the alium by cutting off the oxygen right? but then how did the chinese guy effortlessly glide from one "capsule" to the next with no oxygen in it?

mfw they casted the Nightcrawler instead of The Driver in Life.

cool theory

>Reynolds dying pretty early
>lol he must get more screentime later
>throughout the whole movie kept expecting the alien would host his body and control it

So its Tasty Planet?

>Are all modern movies this retarded?
yes

It evolves throughout the movie.

>Anyway, it's still better than Covenant.

Pleb.