Adaptation when?

Adaptation when?

Other urls found in this thread:

cinemablend.com/new/Here-Why-Peter-Jackson-Can-t-Make-More-Tolkien-Adaptations-Even-He-Wanted-40760.html
birthmoviesdeath.com/2013/01/09/why-jrr-tolkiens-son-hates-what-peter-jackson-has-done
m.youtube.com/watch?v=83etthnOEUk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

The Tolkien estate will never allow it after the shit show that was The Hobbit.

Plus, the Silmarillion isn't a continuous narrative, so it couldn't be adapted well into a movie. Good job showing that you never read the book.

I don't know but keep it away from nu-jackson

Zaentz estate controls LotR and The Hobbit, not the Tolkiens. The Tolkiens get a payoff if something is made (which they will probably always have to sue to get due to le Hollywood accounting) but they aren't in control of LotR or The Hobbit.

would be too tragic for the capeshit audience so it would flop.

You could have several movies worth of content there though.

With some luck, never

Hopefully fucking never. Though i would be okay with children of hurin if it was by a competant director and had the same length of preparation that lotr had, which was what? 10 years?

I really hope Disney will make a nice and diverse film out of it as soon as Christopher dies

If God is just then never. There is literally nobody with the talent, the vision or the integrity to do it justice. Tolkien was a very different person to the types of people who exist today.

looking at hobbit, i'm not sure i want it

What the fuck was his problem?

Hopefully never.

All of these.
It's impossible to do it justice in any kind of cinematic form.

Plus we're living what, 15+ years since the original LotR trilogy? You know that they'll have to pervert Tolkiens work and shoehorn in black elves and a transgender dwarf and Melkor won't be some otherworldly Dark Lord like Sauron is but a cackling white male.
They'd probably even make Luthien, the most beautiful elf to ever exist, some short haired feminist mixed race abomination.

Is that supposed to be Feanor? He literally sucked the life out of his mother.

QUICK RUNDOWN
U
I
C
K

R
U
N
D
O
W
N

>be Feanor
>make the most beautiful gems ever in all of existence
>so beautiful Satan himself comes to steal them
>get mad, swear the most terrible oath that will ever be sworn in the history of the world
>former allies and friends are like "cool down bro, you're not thinking straight"
>kill them and steal their boats
>cross the ocean, get to the other side and burn the boats because this train has no brakes
>takes my entire people on a rampage all the way to the gates of Angband
>personally fight my way so deep into the enemy ranks I end up soloing nine Balrogs at once
>finally get struck down by Gothmog, lord of Balrogs
>my (many) children carry my dying body from the battlefield
>make them swear they nor their children nor their children's children will rest until we get those fucking gems
>set fire and blow away as ashes on the breeze as I die because of how FUCKING ANGRY I AM

MADMAN
A
D
M
A
N

I've been wanting this particular copypasta for awhile, thank you.

>cross the ocean, get to the other side and burn

You forgot the part where he left his brother and thousands of women and children abandoned in a frozen wasteland which they crossed for (supposedly hundreds of) years.

Which was the one that called Morgoth a bitch to his face?

Never ever, the main reason WB made 3 Hobbit movies instead of sticking to 1 or 2 was precisely because the Tolkien's descendants will never sell the rights to any other of his books, Christopher Tolkien fuckin' hates all the movies

cinemablend.com/new/Here-Why-Peter-Jackson-Can-t-Make-More-Tolkien-Adaptations-Even-He-Wanted-40760.html

birthmoviesdeath.com/2013/01/09/why-jrr-tolkiens-son-hates-what-peter-jackson-has-done

Silmarillion would be good as a YouTube series

feanor, the ultimate edgelord

Sounds like Fingolfin, who was Feanor's younger brother. Road right up to the gates of Angbad and started trash talking Morgoth to make him fight a duel. Morgoth literally shamed into fighting him cause he didn't want to look like a huge pussy in front of all his minions. And sure, he wins, but the elf still managed to cripple him which is humiliating when you set yourself up as the absolute master of all creation.

oy vey goy nevah forget da six silmarillion

Letters, Bored, Zaentz etc never get any traction in these threads because the autists are only concerned with the lore, not the meta. Shame really, lots of the meta is fascinating. The whole Guy Gavriel Kay dog thing, for instance.

Was it autism?

If the Silmarills were so powerful then why didn't Gandalf use them against Sauran in the Lord of the Rings? They just get them off Feanor and never talk about them again, fucking retarded Tolkien plotholes yet again.

The real question is why didn't he use the eagles to fly the ring to Mordor.

One silmaril was lost in the ocean, one silmaril was lost in the earth, and one silmaril travels across the stars with Earendil.

The real real question is why didn't Elrond just push that one cocksucker in to the volcano when he had the chance? He could have walked out alone and claimed the king was attacked.

What the fuck does that even mean you retard

:^)

It means you should read the fucking book, you literal autist.

>Adaptation when?

soon

I'd like an animated adatpation. Something similar to the highly detailed old school Disney movies. Live action won't work without it being mostly cgi and I'd rather it be hand drawn than made digitally.

>all those fucking white males
implying this will happen in the current years

You sound triggered child

not at all

>Melian
>Sindar
Kys.

Been posting some stuff on , was Alfrid in the Silmarillion? I can't remember if he was or wasn't.

Oh, I forgot to say: What about an Anime or animated series adaptation of the Silmarillion, instead of a series of live action movies?

He sold Melkor the information on where the Silmarilis were being kept

Wait, what? I thought the Silmarils were stolen from the Elves while they were living in the Undying Lands or whatever it was called. This led to groups of elves leaving the Undying Lands and traveling to the mortal lands of Middle Earth. Oh, apparently the Elves can be jerks towards each other. One group leaves in ships, but burns or destroys the remaining ships so that another group of Elves had to travel on foot through land and some kind of ice bridge to get to Middle Earth. Alfrid is human and is not allowed to set foot in the Undying Lands.

Oh shit, I meant that what I wrote in was to be a response to you .

You underestimate Alfrid's true power

so if they made a Beren and Luthien adaptation it's guaranteed Luthien would be near omnipotent and perfect while Beren is her bumbling comedic relief sidekick right?

Possibly never. If the Tolkien family can keep transferring the rights to members who can resist selling out, and if Disney continues their tradition of lobbying the US government into ever extending copyright, it will never enter public domain either.

Of course eventually someone will sell out. Which fits well into one of Tolkien's themes, that men start out noble but over the generations they fall.

Beren would be played by Idris Elba

>Luthien would be near omnipotent and perfect
So a completely faithful adaptation?

The one time this meme made me laugh

>we will be there the day the strength of men fails

m.youtube.com/watch?v=83etthnOEUk

Pretty sure Christopher's will contains a phrase along the lines of "And if you ever sell these rights to anyone trying to make an adaptation out of it, my vengeful ghost has the legal rights to haunt you, your children and your children's children until this world ends and the next one begins"

Hopefully never.

When will Jackson address the DQ?

Kino