Tfw no episode tonight

>tfw no episode tonight
feels bad bros

>not starting a rewatch.
desu s3 was a letdown, should not have happened

s1+s2 = godly shit

I guess we're the leftovers now

S3 would've been fine without the last episode

What was the meaning behind the last episode?
Nora found out those that lost everything coped better than those that lost something? Was the point about how narcissistic she was, or egoistic, and she unfucked herself?

why was Kevin looking for forgiveness, redemption?

Yeah I don't understand the acclaim for s3. So much buildup just to base the final episode around romance.

the whole show was about relationships and loneliness how are you surprised

mfw

>tfw nora was still qt as an old lady

did i just get a gilf fetish?

Season 3 is one of the most masterful season finales I've ever saw.

It was unconventional though, it didn't care much for wrapping up plot lines or grand epic conclusions. It reshifted the lenses in a way that was unexpected and compelling. The last episode, in particular, was genius. Ripping out the floor from the viewer after The Most Powerful Man in the World and throwing them into THAT, it's incredible. That final conversation between Kevin and Nora was brilliantly acted and masterfully written. It cared not for wrapping up every plot line, because in a show like this it would kind of be non-fitting. The image of the doves returning to the roost brings tears to my eyes every time.

Exactly

The last shot of episode 7 was just perfect to close the show

>base the final episode around romance

That's why I didn't like it. Makes no sense to make Kevin so obsessed with Nora, to search her every year.

He'd do that for maybe 3 years, a bit more, then move on.

>The show should have ended on episode 7

This is LOST tier shit. If you genuinely believe this you are a stupid reddit fuck.

I do believe in their romance, that's not my issue. They represented/portrayed it very well.

But it actually explains a lot more than the actual ending did, which just made everything more LOST bullshit.

rewatch lost. it's way better

>The image of the doves returning to the roost brings tears to my eyes every time.
wat did it mean to you

>Makes no sense to make Kevin so obsessed with Nora, to search her every year.
This, their entire relationship from the start was basically damage control, it was never convincing that they had that strong a relationship

Don't get me wrong I don't think it was terrible by any means, but the last season dealt largely with how people coped with the departure, belief, and the extent that some went to find meaning and purpose. Then the season finale dealt entirely with the relationship with Nora and Kevin which was not the whole part of the series or the season 3.

It would have made more sense if they made Nora more likeable but she was kinda bitchy. Kevin live with his wife for 16 years or something liked that and eventually moved on after 3 years, yet he was with Nora for only 3 years, never married, never had kids and never gave up.

>but the last season dealt largely with how people coped with the departure, belief, and the extent that some went to find meaning and purpose

what are you talking about, that's season 1. season 2 and 3 are about how kevin is fucking jesus

what happened to his daughters friend that wanted to fug

same thing that happened to the twins

they disappeared also

what's it about? any good?

Only season 3 was about Kevin being Jesus and that goes to people wanting to find meaning. It was the pastor who first believed it because he desperately wanted to believe in something and eventually started convincing others even including Kevin . His belief was not that different than any other cultist.

>His belief was not that different than any other cultist

kevin died, was buried, and somehow came back to life.

actually nevermind, let the mystery be

Bros got Lindelof'ed again.

Bros got chick flick'ed on this one.

halfway through season 2 my man

>What was the meaning behind the last episode?

to confuse people into talking about the show for even an hour longer than it was airing

press S to spit on his career

>Nora was basically irrelevant for all of S3 and most of the show
>let's have 99% of the finale revolve around her
I can't fathom how anyone who enjoyed this show half as much as I did could have liked that finale

It will always live under LOST shadow, and rightfully so. LOST is superior in every way.

What do you guys think of the finale? I wasn't too into it honestly. I feel like Seasons 1 and 2 ended beautifully but S3's ending was lacking. It didn'tfeel like a The Leftover's ending. I dunno. Felt weird. Liked the season overall but yeah.

It wasn't bad but it was weak compared to the other two season finales. In all it felt kind of pointless, they could have ended it with ep 7 and it would have had the same impact if not better.

Shit show got cancelled.

I think the whole of S3 was excellent but it left me wanting more.

>Nora found out those that lost everything coped better than those that lost something?
No, it was clear from her description the whole planet turned into a dilapidated shithole, she only made that while she lost her whole family, her whole family had the rest of eachother and only lost her (and let's be fair, it wasn't a great loss).
>Was the point about how narcissistic she was, or egoistic, and she unfucked herself?
The point that she left instead of forcibly reinserting herself in their lives would support that, but she also failed to tell anyone else about the fact that two-way travel between the worlds was possible and that the world could heal from the departure because "it sounds crazy". So she's still a self-centered twat, now on a global scale.

>why was Kevin looking for forgiveness, redemption?
He fucked it up with his waifu. That was the least ambiguous motive in the episode.

Nora and Kevin felt like completely different characters, none of their actions made any sense.

Man, fucking Episode 7 was amazing. I was legit having fun. Throughout the episode i was just like "Oh shit, that means this and that relates to that" and stuff like that. It was great.

That's me with most series that I watch tbqh.

Kevin brought it back near the very end, I think. He went back to being normal Kevin. At least dilogue and stuff wise.
But sadly I just didn't care about Nora whatsoever even from Season 1. Probably why the finale was a letdown for me personally.

Just think of Nora as Kevin's McGuffin.

>But sadly I just didn't care about Nora whatsoever even from Season 1

That's because we're never presented with a likeable Nora. She was always arguing and fighting and telling people to fuck off.

>that relief when Kevin went to Nora's house and was all pissed off and acted like normal Kevin
Huge relief desu. I was worried the finale would have some fuckery like that.

>Sometimes I like to get a little L O S T
Lindel knew damn well we were all dreading that.

why did nora lie about crossing over

What makes you think she lied?

She was embarrassed and ashamed at the way she coped with losing her family and needed a way to get over it.

best show ever maybe tied with Lost

so people would talk about the show

I'm pretty sure the whole point was that Kevin saved Nora in the end like he saved everyone else, by giving them real actual closure. They all wanted Kevin to go to the otherside to get answers but one of them got any, or at least not the ones they wanted. But they had to deal with it. Kevin gave them the truth and that is what let them move on.

Nora needed to create/tell her own story though, and by letting the story be, by believing in her in the way Nora was unable to believe in Kevin, he saved her. Just like how an actual messiah figure wouldnt give a shit if you believed in him or not, Kevin still loved Nora. And if you really think about, whenever Kevin (or anyone for that matter) acted out of selfless love they were following "god's" path.

Kevin only got to Australia because he wanted to be with Nora. Kevin Sr was the closest to getting what he wanted when he just listened to the tape recordings of his son. Matt sacrificed himself so that his wife and baby could live. etc.

I think one of the main themes of the show is that the real lesson to be taken from messiah figures is to just love and help each other. And that is ultimately what Kevin wants to do at the end. In the same way Nora finally is willing to accept her sin (shown by her taking the beads off the goat), accept her flaws and move on, Kevin is able to accept Nora and her story and everything and love her for who she is.

Kevin was able to move on past "the other place" and Nora was able to move on past her kids. They both have stories that let them do that. And now they can actually function and be in a relationship.

>yfw you just lied to your ex bf from way back so you could make up and get the d