Southern Baptist Thread

The Southern Baptist Convention is the largest evangelical denomination in America and the world.

>Southern Baptist news & worldview analysis by Southern Seminary president Dr. Mohler
albertmohler.com/the-briefing/

>The gospel message:
sbc.net/knowjesus/

>Baptist Faith & Message
sbc.net/bfm2000/bfm2000.asp

Who else here is a baptist?
What do you think about baptists, their theology and politics?

Other urls found in this thread:

sbc.net/churchsearch/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>heretics

>purge

Note "baptist" extends far beyond southern baptists

>Not a theological argument

Probably least cucked imo. I enjoyed the southern baptist upbringing.

Did you stop going? How is your family?
sbc.net/churchsearch/

Something I always seem to need to explain is how the local church functions related to the convention, and that is totally autonomous

The convention is really a means to use funds together in a more efficient way, rather than a regulatory agency as in a presbytery or roman catholic diocese

bumping

Fuck the pope, catholics should be beaten with rods.

>muh bible 100% factual
Please. Baptist are biggest supporters of israel

2 Tim 3:16
>All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness

>not acknowledging the unwavering support for israel.
>the Jews really came from Egypt and weren't polytheistic savages

I don't deny the general support for the nation-state of Israel, and I agree much of it is unfounded. The most ardent followers are believers of dispensationalism which I cannot support

>the Jews really came from Egypt and weren't polytheistic savages
Whats your argument, that the biblical story of the Hebrews is incorrect?

It's completely false. There was no singular worship of yaweh among hebrews would led them to freedom. The Jews were a polytheistic culture that has stolen from Christianity more than vice versa

On what historical record do you base this?

Catheterlick cuck detected

Alpha

Their teachings contradict those of Christ and therefore are unchristain. Their ideas of righteous hatred are in fact such a departure from the very fundamentals of the gospel that they simply shouldn't even be considered to be Christians.

Be specific
What are the fundamentals of the gospel?
What supposed baptist doctrine of hatred are you alluding to?

The 'Baptist' movement is not supported by Jesus and thereforw I do not believe in it. As long as you believe in the resurrection and loving others the way he loved you youre doing good

>Note "baptist" extends far beyond southern baptists

Nope. all invalid sorry. I get the final say.

Sorry.

Fun game, name the speaker:
>For I say unto you, Among those that are born of women there is not a greater prophet than John the Baptist: but he that is least in the kingdom of God is greater than he.

A major, if not the most important, aspect of the gospel is that Jesus died for us while we were yet sinners, his enemies, because he loved us all so much individually. The phrase "love the sinner, hate the sin" is correctly gleaned from the teachings and actions of Christ.

The Westborough baptists' most well known tagline "God hates fags" not only expresses their own attitude towards homosexuals but even promotes the blasphemous claim that God shares their opinion, the same God who died that they may be saved.

Amen, westboro baptist are not Southern Baptist :^)

I can't say I know much about the Southern Baptist community as a whole, but I must say that Steve Anderson dude is equally hateful.

Steven Anderson is an independent baptist

Ah, righteo then

Man I need to come onto Sup Forums more often, get to crack on about proper theology all the time... well except for when there's a US election coming up

I made this characterizing how I first interpreted your initial post

>people shouldn't have the option to sin we should just stay indoors at all times until the rapture cums
Rapture aint biblical btw

welcome back, still waiting for that historical reference on Hebrews being polytheistic

criminalizing abortion does not intend to remove free will, as if that's possible. There is significant scriptural support for a developing baby to be a life, and to take a life is murder. It's pretty simple.

bumpf

bump

I am from the deep south and I grew up southern baptist. I still believe in God, but I haven't been to church in over 5 years and I have no desire to return. Why? Because I got so tired of being told what not to do and the bony, blue haired women judging everything you do.

t. Houston
I've been there one time. I liked the sermon, but I hated the exclusion you get if you are not in a clique.

in the end it doesn't matter

they are all cucks for a retarded merchant god.