Goddamn I just read these, so fucking good, what was Sup Forums's opinion on this?

Goddamn I just read these, so fucking good, what was Sup Forums's opinion on this?
How are these so much better then Darkseid War itself?

This one even made me shed a tear ;_;

it was great
fuck DC for not putting a decent writer on green lantern after rebirth

Have you read Omega Men? It's a 12 issue series from the same writer and much better than the Darkseid War tie-in

Earth One Green Lantern GN by King and Shaner fucking when?

I love that issue so much, best Hal story in years. Also probably the best thing to come out of Darkseid War

I liked the Shazam one shot too

That actually sounds really really good.

Lex and Batman were really good but I actually enjoyed Darkseid War because it was exactly what I was expecting it to be.

Yeah, the Hal Jordan and the Shazam one-shots made the event worth it.

>By Shaner
Fucking never. Guy's just too slow.

Yeah that one was great, also liked the Shazam oneshot.

It's a shame they didn't give King a GL book. Not impressed with Batman so far, I think he'd do a better job with GL.

Eh, I'll see how the first arc goes.
He seems to be good at telling solid stories in single issues, but I'm guessing he has another plan for Batman, hence the slow start.

I'm hoping after Venditti finally fucks off King can take over GL

Lots of people loved King on that issue and Omega Men, bit honestly I couldn't for some reason.Something about both of them just rubbed me the wrong way.

Maybe you just don't like cosmic?

Nah I got a mountain of GL REBELS and Marvel Cosmic that says otherwise.

Just there is always something near the beginning that rubs me the wrong way that set me to judge negatively the rest like a terrible first impression.
Like how in Omega Men kyle gives up his ring for some reason, and then gets kidnapped, and the whole time we are tried to be convinced this asshole team is in the right.
Especially at the end when it is revealed they're even bigger shits than the bad guys they replaced.

>and the whole time we are tried to be convinced this asshole team is in the right.
they aren't trying to convince you that the Omega Men are right, they're trying to convince you that they're the lesser of two evils

what didn't you like about the GL one shot?

He had to give it up. That section had always been off limits to Lanterns. It made perfect sense.

Also you're not really supposed to think the Omega Men are good people. King made that clear when they blew up a planet when Kyle was trying to negotiate peace.

I think the religious stuff, cause religion was never brought up for Hal before so it felt like "this is part of his character? News to me and I've been reading Hal stuff for a decade"

But Vega System has been open to GLC since 2008 when the pact with Larfleeze broke.
The Vega System even had lantern members before reboot.

And despite Kyle time and time again the Omega Men betraying his trust (especially after blowing up that planet) Kyle stuck around and kept fighting front lines for their war.

Well you have to think, this focus of the stories are the Justice League becoming gods, and facing off against New Gods. Gods are a big deal here.

>cause religion was never brought up for Hal before
bro, he was the Spectre

>Kyle stuck around and kept fighting front lines for their war
he still wanted to help, even though the Omega Men weren't the greatest bunch the Citadel was still pretty evil and he wanted to prevent more suffering

Yeah but work off what is set up for the character.

I mean he's been a GL for years, faces entities and Aliens thinking they're Gods and New Gods and he was even the Wrath of God.
Work with that "the Corps has stood up against holier-than-thou Gods, and WON" confidence.
Why not that angle?

I honestly haven't read his run as Spectre, does he actually spend time in church at all?

Because that's boring.

>Work with that "the Corps has stood up against holier-than-thou Gods, and WON" confidence.
Isn't that what he did? The Corps stood up to the motherbox but Hal was the one who had the experience and the confidence to deal with godhood

the stuff about his childhood was to elaborate on his world view

He had his ring!
Call in help from the Star Sapphires, or those White Lantern recruits who were set up before New Guardians was cancelled.
Hell white lanterns have been shown strong enough to fight fucking source wall monsters, why not just put everyone in a indestructible forcefield and force them peaceful negotiations.

Ya know, instead of continuing to be manipulated by some bitch princess who wanted her sword to taste the church dude's blood.

Yeah that page is super dope, but the child stuff is what turns me off.

At least it made sense then. King couldn't even get the color spectrum right.
I'll take that over how it went down.

I cant stress this enough, I want this to be Hals new mask from now on.

It is baller, but are stuck with that haircut?
I'm trying to imagine a different haircut with that mask and that is the one that only works.

Omega Men is better as a whole, but DW:GL is a better character piece. Probably because Hal is more interesting than Kyle.

I think other haircuts could work. Normally Im not a fan of the exposed top (Like either Wally costumes) but I think this is a good progression from the domino mask. At least the next live action version could try it

yea that doesn't strike me as a "hal" haircut.
he needs that classic clean cut look, and that mask definitely only works with longer hair.

Maybe renegade Hal's long hair?

I did not understand the hype for Omega Man. The pacing was. Weird. Then there were plotlunes which were dropped into the abyss (key of Alpha)

Key of alpha was needed to enter Voorl.

Not really although he makes himself a temple in the middle of a desert and it addresses some theological concerns

it's more new agey than religious in a christian sense but it's there

If I remember right, they key of alpha was needed to get through the illusion forcefield to reveal the massacre planet.
I ... think?

Who was his father? Why does he say my father ripped the sky open?

well that would just be boring

it's about Kyle's struggles to do what's right even though it's extremely difficult and it wears on him, I don't care if his ring is malfunctioning or not

Its a metaphor...

Alan Scott

Hal's more traditional hair could work with a mask like that, just look at Booster

then he'd just look even more like Gambit

>I honestly haven't read his run as Spectre
Big mistake.

Hals father was a test pilot for Ferris Airs way back when Carol's Dad ran the place.
During some flight test or flight show, the plane fucked up and crashed, Hal dad died.

But Hal stilled loved his dad and his awesome fearless ways and went on to join the army and be a pilot just like his pops, eventually becoming a test pilot for Ferris Airs too.

His dad was a pilot, Hal basically idolized him

the phrase was something Hal heard from a stranger

Holy shit OP are you me?
I just read these myself.

Say that is a nice pic of Green Lantern you got there.

>does he actually spend time in church at all
He literally pays a visit to Hell and Heaven.

Yeah Ostrander's run handles the classic theology, DeMatteis' Spectre is more focused on New Age mysticism and spirituality.

Ok now I REALLY want Hal to keep the new god mask because the Booster Gold jokes are even funnier now
>Thanks Green Lantern!
>Im not-...........sure whatever

That good?
I'll try to find a torrent.

JMD is a serious devotee of Meher Baba, who is depicted on page in his Doctor Fate run.

Oh shit, was this from the Parallax Hal saga?

semi related, but I was really disappointed that new god Billy didnt stick around longer

same, his new power set was pretty rad

He didn't?

Only read the oneshots, shame they didn't continue with it.

Shit?

Yeah everyone lost their god powers. Which actually Im not sure if thats the case with Billy though. Is he still connected to new pantheon?

I don't think so? Unless it was mentioned in JL #52 or something I don't think he is. On the Rebirth splash he was in his regular outfit

His god powers were part of what was used to create Babyseid iirc.