Pixie

Is Pixie the better version of Magik?

Pixie is my waifu, but even so, Magik is a better version of Magik.

I prefer Pixie without the soul dagger shit.

No pixie fans here uh

both are shit

>Pixiefag thread
Ignore and move on

I wish someone would follow up on her Nightmare persona

Nah, but she's still a QT.

Poor pixie

So what's her mutation?

This.
Sell me on Pixie, OP.

Insectoid wings giving her flight. She's been shown to lift both the Thing and Wolverine while flying, so she has some degree of super strength.
Her wings also give off a hallucinogenic dust that cause people to trip balls, usually in the form of teddy bears and bunnies and unicorns.

In the altered reality Age of X, she went through something called the Bleecker Street Massacre and somehow her wings turned Batlike. The hallucinations experienced from her dust likewise changed to involve scarier illusions like snakes capable of scaring a person to death.

When the Age of X ended and reality returned to normal the memories remained and when the Nightmare personality asserted itself her wings would change back and forth between insectoid and bat-like

I honestly thought she was a magic-user from lala-land
Or is she one in addition to the mutations?

I think Nightcrawler's still a demon-child in addition to his mutation, or is he just linked to an abyssal plane now? I forget how that all ended up

The wings and dust are her mutation.

She got kidnapped to Limbo and had a piece of her soul stolen. Black magic filled her soul where the missing piece once was leaving her the ability to cast spells. She also gained a Soul Dagger somehow. She only knows a handful is spells, including a teleportation spell and a sleeping spell.

It was also revealed that her mother was an acruel Faerie from Otherworld meaning she may have always had the potential to develop magic.

Her father may be the original Mastermind, making her half sister to his other daughters.

Neither of these last two developments have been referenced since they were revealed.

how did mastermind fuck a fairy?

Same way he fucked anyone. By using illusions to make himself look attractive to them

>She got kidnapped to Limbo and had a piece of her soul stolen
Literally Magik 1.1. But shittier.

Insectoid wings that produce hallucinating dust

she also has talent and minor training in magic with enough potential to be a candidate for Sorcerer Surpreme if anyone ever bothered to follow up on this

Strange and Magik have offered to train her but it is never followed up

Magik was the one who ate her soul. The abused becomes the abuser

Pixie is great, wish she was used more.

What's with the X-Mem getting involved in so much magical shit? Did Xavier's family built the Mansion on some burial ground after they pissed on the corpses?

God it's like they can''t decided what they want her to be, mutate, magician, demon, Magik?

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG!

>Is Pixie the better version of Magik?
Of course.

>I think Nightcrawler's still a demon-child in addition to his mutation, or is he just linked to an abyssal plane now? I forget how that all ended up

Azazel wasn't a real demon, his backstory was that he was an ancient mutant people THOUGHT was a demon and they banished him to the teleport plane.

I really have no idea how they managed to fuck Pixie up. I mean I get why in that they tried to make her Magik II before going "fuck it" and just bringing Magik back but still... how do you look at a character whose defining traits are "flies" and "cute" and go "yep, she needs to be turned into Not Magik"?

It's retarded because they were literally in the process of bringing Magik back when they did all this shit to Pixie. Fuck, Magik was in the same fucking stories!

That's what makes it hot

lel

Would you a Pixie?

>wake up
>eyes are completely black
>wings have grown so fast they burst through your shirt
>shit magic dust

the girl has an amazing ability to make the best of traumatic situation

Well yes. The Mansion was built on a portal to the N'garai's dimension

She's a mutant/faerie hybrid with different forms of magic.

It's no more convoluted than most of Marvel's mystical characters

>sexing her
>she fairy dusts you just as you make her get off
>you are now fucking a teddy bear

No, she's a shittier version of Meggan.

Does she ever use the thing? I can only remember her using teleportation, magic, and her hallucination dust, which should be skill set enough for anyone.

Her hair was always pink?

This my problem with the modern x-men. All of the X-Writers are guilty of this even Claremont and Morrison. Is where you have so many characters that they bleed into one another. There is already a magic user and 2 other X-Men with wings. A writer creates a character, usually a cute girl and maker her flavor of the year id the fanboys love her then a couple of more years, Meanwhile what made the X-Men tick (The group dynamic ) is gone. Its just so many X-Men now its hard to keep track of. It's like Legion Of Superheros but with bland characters. Now the old x-men are now in the future..OY!! Bendis really did a number on the X-Men. He took something that needed fixing and broke it even more.

How is this so hard a concept to grasp?
Someone's creating a character that's a mutant, they ask themself; "what kind of traits do mutants have?" so they look at the past examples and conform to that, and that's why there's a whole bunch of blue mutants, and a whole bunch of mutants with telepathic powers, and a whole bunch of mutants with claws, etc... etc...
Frankly, I'm amazed that someone remembered that a mutant who can fly might have actual wings to make that happen.
This one's hair is pink, nobody has yet to ask if she' a rip-off of Psylocke or Polaris, her eyes are all creepy black but nobody has asked if she's related to Gambit, she's got pointy ears and nobody has asked if she's Namor's illegitimate daughter...
There's little room for pure originality in comics these days, almost everything's been done in one way or another. Expect these questions with every un-original character that ever gets made from now on.

Pixie started as background filler when Morrison expanded the school to match the movies. She stuck around mostly because she was fun to put into the background. Only after her original creators moved on did she get any play. Even then, the creators who popularized her barely wrote her and moved onto another X-project. Then she was snapped up by someone else and started to suffer from what you describe.

I guess so. Maybe it's faerie related because when she got magiked it gain black streaks but by that logic her wings are faerie related because they can change appearance too

She uses the teleportation spell the most

The Souldagger is her only real offensive ability since her Pixie dust has varying and unreliable effects, especially since she's too nice to use them to create fear illusions like Nightmare. Plus hallucinogenic dust isn't going to hurt a Sentinel.

Soul dagger won't work on a sentinel either, right?

but she literally uses Magicks mutation.

Here's a better Pixie.

I don't know if that's why Morrison made what was always called a school into an actual school.
Seems like there could be another reason for that as his spaghetti-against-the-wall creative style spawned several interestng X-students who dominated the stories from then on.
Leather jackets - yeah, that's movie soul-crushing compromise.
Creating a horde of your own imagining to influence the next 15 years of X-comics - Morrison was always going to do that.

No she uses a spell that Magik taught her.

It's worked on them before.

Neither the Souldagger or Magik's Soulsword seem to have the "only works on mystical beings" limitation anymore. They're just magical glowing blades now.

She's a teleporter. How many different ways can a mutant teleport before they do it the same way as another?
We fans used to think Sabretooth was blood-relation to Wolverine because they both had healing factors, how many healing factors are out there in comics today?

I thought teleportation was one of her mutant powers? Wasn't that what we were talking about?

Glob Herman is also an example of background character that eventually get use in a storyline.

I mean he has survived 3 genocides, artist must really like him

Superpower limitations always drop away eventually, it's an unwritten rule.
The more stupid and senseless they are, the faster writers ignore them.
A blade that can't cut anything solid is really stupid.

I have the New X-men omnibus and it has his "manifesto" that includes the point of taking the better aspects of the movie and adapting them to the comics. Maybe that's just an excuse but he could have done Xorn's special class with expanding the school as much as he did.

Magik's teleportation is a mutant power. Pixie's is learned magic.

He's a living skeleton wraped in bubbleyum, what's not to love?
But for impact's sake, nothing beats the 5-in-1 (turned 3-in-1) who are embraced as mains by almost every writer so far.
And then there's Quentin Quire...

>tfw the biggest drawing of Nightmare mode pixie left her wings out

Being able to alter her size and pixie dust powers with various effects like poison, blindness, hallucination, or even acid and explosions

Would have been enough to make her prominent and useful

Okay so we've got:
pixie dust halucinogenics
shapeshifting wings
a souldagger
teleportation
pink hair
black eyes
pointy ears
super-lifting when flying strength
sleep spells that make rock guys explode
perkiness

(first: am I missing anything? then...)

How much of this is being a mutant?
How much of this is learned magic?
How much of this is her mother being Tinkerbell?

Her mother is an actual elf, how did mastermind found an elf and fucked it ? We will never know

>a souldagger
>teleportation
>sleep spells that make rock guys explode

Definitely learned/acquired magic

>pixie dust halucinogenics
>shapeshifting wings
>super-lifting when flying strength
>black eyes
>pointy ears

Presumably mutation but potentially faerie

>pink hair

Potentially faerie based but who knows in a fictional universe like 616

>perkiness

From being 2nd best girl of course

How did Banshee's family estate become infested with Leprechauns? Shit happens.

Her mother had pink hair, pointy ears and black eyes. But she didn't have wings.

The teleportation spell and soul dagger comes from Limbo magic

Her pixie dust causing hallucinations is apparently derived from Jason Wyngarde's illusion casting mutation, but more chemical than psychic in nature.

The sleep spell came from Wanda Maximoff.

I think her wings are the only one we'll never be sure about.

But first best girl doesn't need the perk to be first, does she?

>Her mother had pink hair, pointy ears and black eyes. But she didn't have wings.
Well she might have and we just didn't see them

Wyngarde's illusions were never telepathic, he was always able to use them against telepaths without any sort of psychic battle or such, and he had none of the other traditional telepathic abilities like mindreading.

Not telepathic, but they were psionic in nature and only affected the mind. You couldn't record them on surveillance or anything.

Martinique and Regan have some degree of telepathy though

Anyone know what book cast Pixie might have landed in after the whole 8-months later retcon?
Any background appearances or mentions of her in dialog?