His "little picture" speech in AOU

>His "little picture" speech in AOU

SHOW, DON'T TELL. Holy shit, this was one of the worst offenses of telling and not showing I ever...didn't see

i agree it was pretty bad, but i dont know about worst ever

He even turns to Wanda to explain to her what she clearly knows in a matter of fact way, it's pretty bad

I don't even remember his speech. what did he say?

>SHOW, DON'T TELL
I don't get why Antman gets a pass for this. Literally every relationship short of Scott & Hanks is told to you, especially all that Cross stuff.

He told Ultron about how their parents died.

Having a flashback would be just as lazy.

"Show, don't tell" refers to characters' thoughts and emotions, not events.

uh, how exactly would you show that, other than a flashback?

No, it refers to when a movie simply vomits exposition rather than being a movie and showing you things happening rather than narrating them to you.

Ant-Man gets a pass for a lot of things...we all know why, but I wasn't trying to make this that kind of thread so *wink wink*

Wombats are shown chilling amongst each other, clearly comfortable in their company. Dave initially gives Scott shit for being non-violent, but respects that he cops to it and calls himself a pussy.

Paxton is visibly disappointed in Scott all the damn time, but it has a lot to do with him just wanting the man to do better. They learn to coexist and even share a dinner because ultimately they both care for Cassie.

The whole daughter plot is because Cassie has Scott built up in her head as a great dad when he's kind of a fuck up.

Pym's animosity with Stark and SHIELD is spelled out after he loses his wife in their service and finds out they are trying to weaponize his creation, further shitting on him.

Hope is irritated with Pym the first half of the movie and he's mixing walking on eggshells to keep her around and sternly shutting her down with authority over her he just doesn't have. She tolerates him and he knows it.

Cross gives no fucks about the sanctity of life and security. Pym does. Cross clearly wants respect but his own lack of respect for Pym's privacy and relatively peaceful ways means that they will never see eye to eye.

Relationships are there. The whole Cross being literally evil and pretty much Ultron and Pym never explaining Janet's death and the other excuse writing is an issue, but relationships between the characters are shown. What more did you want?

Exposition through dialogue is not always the wrong way to go. What Pietro described were very literal, straightforward events that would not gain any nuance from actually showing it. A flashback would be far LESS subtle and way more intrusive.

All of those are told. They have characters say those things to the audience.

It was literally
>Hey...pause a second viewers, I am Quicksilver, this is my sister, this is why we hate Stark, got it? Ok, unpause....roll tape!

So we should see Scott tearfully looking at photos of Cassie? Or Hope growing up without Pym? Or Pym growing more and more reclusive in a time-lapse?

>Just verbally dumping all that exposition about Jack's backstory
That Kubrick is such a hack!

Ultron literally asked them a question, and they gave a straightforward answer. It was like 30 seconds.

You sound like you just started learning about critique and are horribly mis-applying the terms you've learned.

What you're describing is basically a good 90% of Sup Forums and a good chunk of internet "critics"

This its not even about the even its about quicksilvers emotions and how uktron then reacta to said emotions

Are you seriously telling me we have time for that awkward intro where 1989 hank can punch the blatantly evil Shield guy, but not time to see Hank interacting with Cross and seeing "too much of himself"?

Cause thats serious bullshit.

>Ultron literally asked them a question, and they gave a straightforward answer.
No...that isn't what happened.
Ultron said something about seeing a bigger picture, and out of nowhere comes exposition out the asshole from the leftist of fields

Ignoring OPs idiocy, is there any chance someone will fix Whedon's fuck up and bring him back?

>Whedon's

I'd say it's just as much Marvel's fuckup as it is Whedon's

No, because FoX-Men

>Ignoring OPs idiocy
Nothing idiotic about it, drone. It was fucking awful like a lot of things in the movie, but one of the worst scenes by far to anybody who has a brain.

That's why Ant-Man is so mediocre.

It's not out of nowhere. Ultron described his goals, and he responded with theirs so that they could join up.

There is literally nothing wrong with what Quickass said. Finish your screenwriting 101 semester before you pretend to know how to properly apply the criticisms you're using.

Drone

I get why he did it, but it was done poorly. I get why cats in heat stick their asshole in my face, doesn't make it less obnoxious

>I get why he did it, but it was done poorly
I thought the QS scene, while blatant exposition, gave us a good moment to actually see some depth from QS. It's the ONE time in the movie where Ultron isn't making a stupid one-liner. He actually listens to them thoughtfully, and seems to give a shit. Plus, supercliches aside, shouldn't QS be the one jumping to conclusions and rushing to extremes?

I like this QS and I like this actor, but AoU was a pretty bad cape movie. Just slightly above X-Men: Apoc, but both are pretty shit.

I think that's fair, but X-Men DOFP was farrrrr superior

This was actually one of my favorite scenes in the movie next to Vision's conversation with Ultron in the end and the main reason I was crushed we wouldn't be seeing more of Quickass. But at least fun reading OP shitting himself in rage over being wrong.

The only correct opinion

Not only would it have been more expensive to show it, but it would be an over-explanation in itself to show the events that could easily be left to the audience's imagination.

That scene was one of the few I liked for how it gave the twins some actual emotional depth and reason for their hatred of Stark. Hell, look at Paris, Texas to see "tell, don't show" done the right way.

Because Sup Forums wanted to hate AoU and wanted to like Ant-Man.

Best part was Ultron's face just noding and shit... Really, that scene was awkward. A flashback would've been at least more interesting if not better from a visual point.