/swco/ - Star Wars Comics & Cartoons

There's nothing wrong with species-mixing Edition

>Upcoming Releases:
swbooks.net/updates/release-2016.htm

>Out This Week:
LEGO Star Wars: The Freemaker Adventures - Episode 2
The Force Awakens (Comic Adaptation) #1
Epic Collection: The Rebellion: Volume 1 (Star Wars Legends)

>Star Wars Canon Guide:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1t1KovH_1GYLDTAe3yrleeWiuzwulm670o_anQqr5Rcg/pubhtml

>Download links: (Check here for new Rebels Episodes + Books, Comics, Films, etc)
pastebin.com/nWsKtSya

>The Clone Wars Legacy Content:
starwars.com/tv-shows/the-clone-wars-legacy

The other one's not even on page 10 yet.

Not even page 10.

>There's nothing wrong with species-mixing Edition
Agreed.

why do people care so much about fucking midi-chlorians

no one was mad when bags of organic molecules created a magical energy field

but add midi-chlorians and everyone loses their minds

No, certain people are just better at karate. Do you get mad because you're tone-deaf too?

Reminder that a Twi'Lek-Togruta hybrid would have super thicc, chunky lekku

Why do the human/twilek mix kids just end up as short lekku'd twileks?
Why don't they get any human features like hair?

Twi'lek/Togruta/Askajian (for the six boobs) would be my ideal mix for a hybrid waifu.

>six boobs
Too much.

Try to write his death scene.

Hard mode: Vader has nothing to do with it.

I think it varies since Shaeeah does appear to have normal lekku but has splotches of colors on her skin meanwhile it's Jek's lekku are actually shorter but his skin isn't like his sister's.

His cape get caught in the Death Star exhaust port.

The cape kills him.

Sheev throws him into the death star's reactor shaft.

Palpatine personally electrocutes him with force lightning.

She has vitiligo

He gets cancer.

For you

So, what do you think happened to Rex that allowed Appo to assume the position as Commander of the 501st instead of him? Did nobody suspect a thing when he wasn't present during Operation Knightfall?

None of these species would be considered wholly separate species to begin with really on Earth

Pantorans, Mirlialans, Chiss. Zabrak, etc. would be variations of 'Homo Sapien something'

Twi'lek, Togruta, etc would be variations of 'Homo something'

Just different species/sub-species of humans like Densovians, Neanderthals, and hobbits.

It's unclear. He might just have been assigned to Mandalore so Appo got the promotion instead of him.

do Chiss even exist anymore? I thought Disney delegitimized all the material containing them

>Did nobody suspect a thing when he wasn't present during Operation Knightfall?

We all did, until we found out he was participating in the siege of Mandalore during the events of RoTS.

Isn't there a Chiss in Uprising?
Sure it isn't much, but still.

Theyre in a canon mobile game.

Also, Lucasfilm did that, not Disney

One of the newer video games, I forget which one, lists the Chiss. So yeah, they do exist. We just haven't seen them yet.

They brought them back in Commander.

Is it just me or did they also somewhat change the clones' faces? Their proportions look less sharp than what they used to.

On Earth, we would have just killed, raped, and out hunted them all out of existence like we did the others

Daily reminder that chumba vos bootini combasa wan cheeki no matta.

Ho ho ho ho.

They weren't supposed to be common in Legends too, anyway. They were pretty happy to stay in their corner of the unknown region most of the time.

Do you think the Empire would have laws against species-mixing?
I'd love to see a story set in the heart of Coruscant which elaborates on how prevalent it is and how it effects people's lives.

I really don't think the Empire would give a shit.

The Empire isn't speciest,

Also, Rex does look more pale and his stubble isn't that noticeable anymore.

They'd still enslave entire species as punishment, like the Wookies (mentionned in Rebels and Poe's comic) or whatever species I forgot the name in Lost Stars.

But yeah, nothing imply the Empire was speciest in broader sense. Just hope it won't be pissed at your homeworld.

>Is it just me or did they also somewhat change the clones' faces?

Yes. During the season 3 quality spike, they literally remade every clone face, amongst other things.

I think Sheev pulled some sheevnanigans to make sure noone of anakins closest friends would be there to keep him from falling to the trap. Rex would have been quite the foil to anakins fall i believe, as would ahsoka (jedi counsil shot themselves in the foot there)

Sheev isn't. Most imperials were.

To Sheev, everyone had equal opportunity to be a too for his own ends.

What does Sheev do to unwind?

He goes to visit Barriss of course.

Opera, art museums belittling Vader, personal executions of rebels, the usual

>be a too for his own ends

*tool

>I think Sheev pulled some sheevnanigans to make sure noone of anakins closest friends would be there to keep him from falling to the trap.

I didn't think of that. But at the same time, I don't think that was Sheev's design. I mean yeah, he went to some big lengths just to test Anakin (and wouldn't stop even after Anakin became his apprentice), but I kinda doubt that what was happening on Mandalore was meant purely to separate him from Rex.

Especially since what happened on Mandalore was possibly because of Darth Maul.

Takes long strolls through the palace.
Likes to reminisce.

He was both species-ist and somewhat sexist in Legend novels, it was mostly Tarkin's influence that got Thrawn and Daala promoted to their positions.

Has this changed in the new canon? Can't be assed to read anything in it when there's such slim pickings and the most important stuff canon-wise was handed off to a tumblr Dr. Who fanfic writer.

One time he personally went and fucked up a bunch of spies on Coruscant and left the last one alive but with lightning-induced Dark Side cancer just for fun.

He didn't even need to do it. Everything would have happened pretty much the same way without him around. He just was having fun.

I will never get over the palace being the temple.
It just tickles me so.

Well that blue dude was one of his most trusted aides, and propably of the few who knew who he really was. I dont thinks they've said anything oficialy yet

:)
Sheev's pretty much the only Star Wars character who genuinely enjoys his life.

For me it's very orgasmic. He's gloating and boasting to all the Jedi in the galaxy that he destroyed their home and now he lives in it.

I wonder what happened after he got Vadere'd. Did the new republic give it to luke? was it demolished? turned to a museum? I really liked that place too

Daala literally got where she was because she was Tarkin's booty call.

It'd be pretty ironic for Disney to say Sheev's speciesist, given how few AYYs are featuring in the new SW movies.

This is the second most powerful man in the Empire(Vader is a special case)

And in the new canon we see female Moffs and a lot of female Imperial officers. Sheev seems very much to believe in equal opportunity.

>Has this changed in the new canon?

Yes. That's what I was speaking in regards to. He literally doesn't give a shit what you are so long as you're useful to him and his endeavors.

He probably saw that the Order got affiliated way too much to the Republic (To the point of fighting the Clone Wars for them, a decision that almost destroyed the Jedi) and decided that the Jedi should just chill and do their thing.

Maybe, but Tarkin got off to her ruthlessness along with her booty. She did do some cool stuff in Legends

But Aftermath isn't really important in the long run. And the rest of the novels are great.

It has changed, because it was something the EU invented. Canon he's not speciesist or sexist.

Plus, hes got an alien as an advisor/most trusted aid, thst should end the discussion

>art museums belittling Vader

I like the fact he has more than just one.

It shut down for a while and then reopened as a laundromat.

B-but muh aesthetic temple!

Luke was a military officer in the Rebel Alliance. So I don't think he'd be neutral politically. However since there's so few Jedi now, he can't have the same kind of relationship with the New Republic anyway.

Look on the bright side, it could become a museum for the public to learn about the Jedi. If Sheev did not destroy all their artifacts and art that is.

Sheev confirmed most progressive man in galaxy?
He truly was a saint, long live the Empire!

>museum
But what about the open lakefront?!?!

>Plus, hes got an alien as an advisor/most trusted aid, thst should end the discussion

>apprentice to an alien for most of his life
>master to an alien for decades
>Aliens are his closest confidantes and aides

Palpatine being speciesist never made any sense really

Psst, if we're lucky we might get something similar in Episode 8 >.>
Pic related

>That Umbaran chick
>Maz his most trusted aide
>another picture with pantorans from previous thread i cant be arsed to find

Sheev liked blueberry didnt he?

So that's why Sheev turned it into his palace.

It did before the Prequels were made. You can't blame the EU authors when they didn't knew what Lucas had in mind.

The archives still exist so he probably didn't destroy anything

I would say Lost Stars and Bloodline are more important than Aftermath. Is there really anything significant Aftermath added aside from being the first canon post-RotJ story?

>aside from being the first canon post-RotJ story?
That's Shattered Empire.

Actually, it's said that he did remove many things from the Temple like the statues and the like.

He wasnt dumb, he propably kept the artifacts since they contained a lot of information. And besides the statues I dont think there was much art there (The building itself, materials design and all is the art in a sense). i do hope they explore the possibility of it being a museum of sorts though, something to honor the jedi that got sheeve'd

Well, considering that the Republic moves it's capital in relation to the homeworld of the acting Supreme Chancellor, there really wasn't much point in staying on Coruscant. The Jedi held temples all over the galaxy. But their main one before the end of the Clone War being on Coruscant was likely so that the Jedi council could respond quickly to decisions in the Senate on whether a Jedi was needed to cool down a certain conflict.

But seeing as that's not the case anymore, he really didn't need to hold a presence on Coruscant. Though I'm sure that the long term plan would've been to have all the temples manned in the future when there were enough Jedi.

Pantoran senators aka Lucas and his daughter

This is true, but the EU still tried to keep it going even after the prequels. I blame Leland Chee.

I completely forgot about Mas, he's honestly a lot more interesting as a more open minded dictator not unlike many ancient rulers conquerors.

West Ryloth Virus

So in other words, Aftermath isn't significant at all?

Papanoida was the acting sovereign of Pantora. Not it's senator.

Other than setting up a liberation for Kashyyk and giving us a glimpse to how the galaxy at large is reacting to the death of the Emperor? Not much.

I like how the prequels introduced tons of new aliens both in the background and as characters while also featuring older ones

Why did Pantora make an inexperienced, unqualified 14 year old their senator?
Just how much dick did she have to suck?

Togrutas are the best race the prequels introduced.

Prove me wrong.

I can't.

It was weird that TFA didn't have any aliens from either trilogy as background characters. Aside from named characters like Chewie and Ackbar, even the OT's aliens are missing.

This wouldn't bother me as much if TFA's aliens weren't all so dull.

>No Sith remains. And the lone Jedi that exists--the son of Anakin Skywalker--possesses an untouchable soul. At least for now. We must instead move towards the dark side. Palpatine felt that the universe beyond the edges of our map was where his power came from. Over the many years he, with our aid, sent men and women beyond known space. They built labs and communication stations on distant moons, asteroids, out there in the wilds. We must follow them. Retreat from the Galaxy. Go out beyond the veil of stars. We must seek the source of the dark side like a man looking for a wellspring of water

Wouldn't be surprised if this has something to do with Snoke. Or if the Acolytes of the Beyond turned into the Knights of Ren. But that's just speculation.

Unqualified teenager girls put in charg of important galactic matters seems to be a trend in a galaxy far far away.

We all know they are the best speceis and best waifus especially since they are always horny

You can ask the same of Naboo, making a 14 year old girl the Queen of the entire planet, and subsequently electing her senator.

>This wouldn't bother me as much if TFA's aliens weren't all so dull.
Yeah, there was this strange trend towards making them earth-toned lumpy frog/lizard people. There's a few that don't fit that model but they're shoved even further into the background.

>Prove me wrong.
They look too human.

This one is better. Not the best, but better.

They found that source, the Son from Mortis. And he is Snoke.

>Why did Pantora make an inexperienced, unqualified 14 year old their senator?

I think she was older than that. She was at least 18-ish.

I know in Naboo's case it was because they valued that innocence and believed a young queen would have a more idealistic outlook since she hadn't had time to become cynical.

Might be the same with Pantora, but who knows, maybe Pantora just really likes lolis.

CARLOS

who made this damn color palette

>even the OT's aliens are missing.

Which is rather ironic, considering the majority of those who worked on that movie were OT elitists.