Anyone else get annoyed when the main artist on a comic book gets substituted by another artist who has no skill?

Anyone else get annoyed when the main artist on a comic book gets substituted by another artist who has no skill?

I understand that sometimes they get busy or they need a break, but why do companies like Marvel hire awful artists like Tana Ford? There has to be plenty of decent to good artists out there dying to get a chance at entering the industry.

Women artists can't into ongoings.

The good ones, anyway.

Pretty sure I get fucking angry whenever Opena gets replaced with anyone else.

ESPECIALLY LOOKING AT YOU X-FORCE

I have noticed it's common among books with female artists. I just don't get why they hire replacement artists who can't even draw. It must be frustrating for artists who have taken their time to study anatomy.

I don't read comics made by more than one person.

>but why do companies like Marvel hire awful artists
Because they would rather ship an awful issue than no isse

OP looks fine? ideally the artist knows what they can produce and don't overreach too much. and if you have fill ins or guests have the story match up with the art. (Wicked and Divine's guest artist arc for example)

iirc most of the replacements were alright tho. but i also thought that Magicworld art was fine so whatever

also very strange this is becoming some misogynist bs thread?

they get wanna know why?

they're pushing that diversity agenda Sup Forumsme loves so much.

Not my intention.

I was referring to how a lot of female artists have or have recently had replacement artists, like on spider gwen, silk, and black canary.

In this case the selling point was having a woman artist on a woman character so when they needed a fill in artist they had to hire another woman

Annoyed? not as much as I used to. (They're all work-for-hire, anyway.)

Nowadays, I think this tends to extend to giving artists "a shot" at doing professional work, despite having very little resume to show for it. I've gone through a few books now whose artists (predominantly female) are fantastic at pin-up art, but are absolutely atrocious at actual panel sequential art.

Tess Fowler? Joƫlle Jones? Check and check.

>substituted
Hell, some Marvel books even START with shitty artists nowadays. See Erica "all my people have pig faces or Down syndrome" Henderson.

So, whos better for Ms. Marvel? Alphona or Miyazawa?

Don't read capes. It's your fault for supporting that bullshit.

I am actually surprised that Fiona Staples hasn't been hired by Marvel yet. Her Artwork is fantastic.

How the fuck did Henderson get hired over Gurihiru?

>They hire the fucking bee and puppycat artist for Patsy Walker.

because they work cheap, fast, and/or they know how to suck dick (literally or figuratively)

Maybe she has Adam Hughes/Frank Quitely Syndrome . . . of spending way too much time on her art.

>Marvel hire awful artists like Tana Ford
I feel your pain, user. I dropped Silk as soon as it was clear that she wasn't just filling in while Lee got caught up.

Tess Fowler isn't as painful; but her style didn't work AT ALL on Rat Queens. Dropped.

I dropped Totally Awesome Hulk as soon as Cho left.

And I won't read anything with Land or Deodato regardless of writer or character.

>surprised that Fiona Staples hasn't been hired by Marvel yet
She can make a fuck-ton more money with Saga (she's co-creator/owner with the writer and it's one of Image's best selling trades).

>How the fuck did Henderson get hired over Gurihiru?
Isn't that the main artist on Gwen Pool?

Yeah I can't believe she wouldn't give up her job as an artist on one of the best selling comics on stands for a work for hire contract

They've probably tried but she's too principled to work for shitty companies.

Cho's immediate replacement is for only two issues, Alan Davis also two. You will get Mike Del Mundo next month.

Alphona all the way

everytime