/who/ - Doctor Who General

Eight Doctor edition
Last thread:
Temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations and divergences:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_z9hBtN7pGw
mega.nz/#F!9GB3CYrI!XQ0sYoyySM6waCFYdfUTLA
youtube.com/watch?v=M9I_Xp9-1-c
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>making doctor who a scifi shows is pandering

How can one like LOTGH but prefer Moffat over RTD?
Baffling.

Name something of substance that Moffat has given us.

>implying moffat hasnt written many worse episodes
>hurr durr moon is egg khaleesi

The political nonsense has been in all of his shit, it's just been pronounced enough for normies to notice in the most recent series.

I just wish Moffat would chuck Bill, it's annoying how everyone finds her ugly mug attractive and they keep forcing revisionist "blackz wuz everywhur" history.

>The political nonsense has been in all of his shit
Are you gonna give us any examples?

>>hurr durr moon is egg khaleesi
Moffat didn't write kill the moon

>and they keep forcing revisionist "blackz wuz everywhur" history.
I thought we already established that was the BBC's fault and not Moffats. I don't think he gives a fuck about some random extras

I actually like the nigger faggot. she isn't bulit up to be a universe saving demigod like the other nuwho companions.

>"WEEEEE REEEEEMOVED IM-PER-FEC-TIONS"
>"What sort of imperfections, what are you talking about?"
>"HUUUUUUMANITY WAS COOONTROOOLLED BY THEIR TRI-BAL-IST-IC DIIIIIVI-SIONS"
>"Docta, what is dey on abou'?"
>"If I'm understanding them correctly.. they saw the biggest flaw stopping humanity from achieveing it's full potential.. was racism."
>"YES, THAAAAAAAAT IS COR-RECT"
>"Hol' up, docta, so they is actually the good guys innit? Equality fo' da peoples, innit?"
>"I'm not shure.. tell me, tin head, how did you achieve this racism free utopia?"
>"WEEEEEEEE KILLED ALL RA-CES WEEEEE DEEEEEMED TO BEEEE IN-FER-I-OR"
>"Oh mah daise, docta, they is like well propa evil racist and dat doe innit?"
>"You sicken me, patrolling the galaxy acting as a masterrace, when in reality you've removed everything that makes humanity so important, diversity, tolerance, understanding, love, interracial relationships, compassion, you're SILVER SUPREMACISTS!"
>"EEEEEEEEX-TER-MIN-ATE, THEEEEEEE CYBER RACE MUST BE PURE"
You know it's going to happen, lads. The only way they can write "villains" today is if they're evil shitlord racist homophobes.

Would the Doctor side with Reinhard or Yang?

>Name something of substance that Moffat has given us.
Weeping Angels
The War Doctor
The Eleventh Doctor
The Twelfth Doctor
Night of the Doctor
Clara Oswald
AMy Pond
River Song
Bill
Nardole
Missy
New Daleks
New Cyberman
Bringing back Gallifrey
and a ton of other shit I don't feel like mentioning

Why are you guys responding to the shitty bait?

I can't believe that someone like LOGH and has such shit taste on Who.

>example
Clara had a black boyfriend.
Literally black man white woman, it's practically a meme at this point.

>moffat didnt write kill moon
He said yes to it.

>bbcs fault
The BBC don't write shit like "lol history is totally whitewashed".

Fair viewpoint, but I preferred Martha as a random nigger companion.

Fucking hell, I've never seen so much bait in a single post!

>Literally black man white woman
I know this is bait but

All the female NuWho companions except Amy (who is Moffats character) has been BLACKED so what point are you even trying to make?

>weeping angels
shit monsters
>war Doctor
shoe in because Eccleston is still a cunt
>Clara, amy, River
possibly the worst characters in all of Doctor who. only saving grace is Jenna being hot.
>missy
shit
>bringing back Gallifrey
in the worst way imaginable. if /who/ wrote an episode one word per post it would still turn out better than hell bent

Cringe

>black man white woman

Just because they all did it, it doesn't change the fact that Moffag also did it.
It's just ridiculous how there are so many black man + white woman interracial relationships in modern media but little else.
Not very diverse eh?

So people who hate Moffat, what other TV shows do you enjoy?

>Literally black

Is Legend of the Galactic Heroes actually good or is it just a meme?

GET OUT OF MY FUCKING GENERAL BOARDIES

It's fucking GOAT, user. The first twenty or so episodes are kinda slow though.

>tfw no one replied to my shitpost

Official showrunner power rankings!
Holmes/Hinchcliffe
Gary Russell(big finish 2001-2004 eighth doctor main range)
Dicks/Betts(Third Doctor)
Verity Lambert
Paul Cornell trying tobherd a bunch of cats writing doctor who books in the early 90s
Phillip Segal
Whoever the fuck was running the second doctor and not getting him ratings or color tv
Whoever the fuck was running the 4th doctor before jnt but after hinchcliffe
Andrew Cartmel
JNT
Paul Cornell trying to get Richard E. Grant to give a shit
Moffat=RTD

Love it senpai, you go gurl.
Nice taste mate.
>putting rtd below runner for 6th doctor

Timelash>Fear Her

Vengeance on Varos>Midnight.

Objectively, 6th doctor had better stories and never sunk to the shit level of fear her

But that's wrong, user. That's very wrong.

JNT made caves of androzani happen. Name a single non-Moffat story objectively on that level.

>putting midnight and fear her in the same post

This would be kind of cool

What was the result of that "women in the shop" plot again?

It was Missy

yea but why did she pair up clara and the doctor

Because they were perfect for eachother or some shit
I don't know user don't think to much about it

to stir shit

Fuck you Cloister

Literally none of that has any substance. You don't actually know what substance means, do you?

>weeping angels
>substance

They're spooky statues that send people back in time amd can only move when you're not looking at them. Well. except for all those episodes when they don't. But either way, they're literally just a concept. They have no substance or depth. There is no answer to "why" the Angels are what they are, and do what they do. That doesn't mean it's a bad concept! But in this case, substance would literally defeat the entire purpose of the concept.

Imagine if Doctor Who was like this.
youtube.com/watch?v=_z9hBtN7pGw

i'd watch it. can't be worse than the moffat era.

In order

Six Feet Under
the Sopranos
the Wire
Twin Peaks
Band of Brothers
Mad Men
the Shield

Probs more, but of exclusively Brit stuff

Brideshead Revisited
I, Claudius
Edge of Darkness
State of Play
Boys from the Blackstuff
The Street
Alan Bennett's Talking Heads

Of sci-if

BSG (00's)
Black Mirror

Of historicals

Deadwood
Rome
Wolf Hall

I have seen this, at least one series/season of it. Tunes are surprisingly catchy.I think it would come on before bear and the big blue house. Pretty sure they would air a cosmetics commercial featuring Tina while Sclub7 was airing stateside. It was disconcerting.

I miss 2007
The year when literally everyone was happy with Doctor Who
we were young and excited about Russel T 'genius god writer' Davies being in charge with a new Doctor
we were adoring David Tennant
we were hyped as fuck for The Master
we were getting quality promotion for the series
and people just loved each other
LITERALLY EVERYONE WAS SATISFIED

I miss these times so bad tbqh

primewire ag/tv-2794269-Whovians/season-1-episode-10
New Whovians for those interested.

I miss 2007
The year when Doctor Who was still that weird show nobody in my high school knew about
we were young and scared of Russell T "Rhinos on the moon" Davies being in charge of a Doctor
we were all right with David Tennant
we were somewhat hyped but then confused by The Master
we were getting little international promotion for the series
and people just hated each other
LITERALLY EVERYONE WAS PISSY

I miss these times so bad tbqh

Whovians Episode 10

Uploaded So That You Don't Have To Trust Links From That Old Man That Still Posts Here Edition

mega.nz/#F!9GB3CYrI!XQ0sYoyySM6waCFYdfUTLA

>mfw cloister won't live to see the 50th anniversary.

>A Mondasian Cyberman
Yeah this was definitely Capaldi's doing. Fucking awful line.

A bit rude desu senpaitachi. I'm just trying to be helpful.
Again you mean? Once is probably enough

>tfw Cloister is already dead
Miss him miss him

>this trailer
youtube.com/watch?v=M9I_Xp9-1-c
Jesus why didn't the BBC or Doctor Who official youtube channel upload this one? It sets the tone for the episode much better, but instead we get the usual cheesy tripe.

YOUR OATH, SIR!
OUR FRIEND DOWN THERE!
LOOK AT ME!

Remember when we were meant to get an Angels origin story this season?

Well, you are a wraith after all.

You appear to have confused the Cybermen with Daleks. If this was a Dalek story then I would have laughed but the Cybermen only upgraded out of necessity to survive after Mondas got flung out of the solar system.

You've got Bill down to a T though.

Midnight
Dalek
Utopia/The Sound of Drums
Bad Wolf/Parting of the Ways

Finish this sentence.
Doctor who? more like Doctor _____

SHITE

I'm not very familiar with Chibnall, but do we have an idea of any writers. directors, or other people he might bring along with him to work on the show?

>War Doctor
>something of substance

It's looking like Mark Gatiss won't be returning.

The best thing you could do I guess is watch Broadchurch, who he is the showrunner and writer on for every episode. There's honestly no way to know what his plans are. Good show though, really. probably one of the best crime dramas I've seen.

>Chibnall era confirmed GOAT

at least he left on a high note, right?

Gaypiss would make a great Master.

Supposedly he's good friends with director James Strong. He did 7 episode over the first two series of Broadchurch, 7 Who episodes under RTD, and 2 for Torchwood as well. Here are his relevant Who credits:

The Impossible Planet/The Satan Pit
Daleks in Manhattan//Evolution of the Daleks
Voyage of the Damned
Partners in Crime
Planet of the Dead

Cyberwoman
They Keep Killing Suzie

We have no way of knowing for sure of course, but given his previous experience on the show, it's not unlikely we'll see him return.

I accept the bait.

>Weeping Angels
Cool at first then got progressively shittier. He fucked that one up completely. Blink was great, the two-parter was good, then he was out of ideas. What the shit was Angels Take Manhattan? There's a reason they haven't been used in any substantial way since: they were a cool idea that Moffat fucked up by being himself. This is a recurring theme.

>The War Doctor
How was he really any different from the Doctor? He's billed as this regeneration who committed such heinous atrocities that the doctor practically erased all memory of him, and then he shows up as all in all a pretty standard old man who might be a little grumpy but is never seen doing anything nearly as bad. Moffat's problem is he writes characters talking about all the cool shit the doctor has done but he never actually SHOWS us any of that.

>The Eleventh Doctor
I liked him fine.

>The Twelfth Doctor
Great doctor held back by complete shit writing. Series 8 almost put me off the show.

>Night of the Doctor

>Clara Oswald
The worst nuwho companion. The Clara Oswald Show Featuring The Doctor was not a good look for the show.
Also another example of Moffat's signature move, the interesting setup followed by a disappointing payoff. The whole impossible girl thing was interesting but once she lost that appeal in such a shit fashion we were left with a bland character and not much else.

>Amy Pond
Alright.

>River Song
Again, interesting setup, laughably disappointing payoff. Moffat pulled a Moffat.

>Bill
I like her, she's cool.

>Nardole
Awesome

>Missy
I get it, she's CRAZY. Moffat can't write women.

>New Daleks
The Daleks have never been less threatening. Say what you will about RTD, at least he made the Daleks intimidating.

>New Cyberman
So bad they brought back Mondasian ones.

>Bringing back Gallifrey
And doing fuck all with that idea

>and a ton of other shit I don't feel like mentioning
Because they'd all end up disappointing too,

Are you implying that Moffat writes good TV shows?

Because Moffat sets up interesting plot points that never have any kind of satisfactory payoffs. See: all of Matt Smith's run and all four seasons of Sherlock.

Nice taste

The man really needs to work backwards from amazing revelation first.

ITS HAPPENING

Episode 11/12 summary
>The virus from the 2nd Monk episode is what prompts humans to replace themselves with mechanical parts in an attempt to cure themselves forever of it.
>Missy/the Master and the Doctor essentially swap roles for this story. Missy is initially given the Doctor's role of 'saving everyone', but when he eventually discovers this involves Cyberconverting the humans, he has to stop her plans.
>Mondas is the earth's twin in the sense that it was the reality which the Monks averted

This doesn't make any sense
If you're going to make fake spoilers at least put some effort into it

Real episode 11/12 summary:

>The Doctor, Missy, Bill and Nardole arrive on a large space ship. The Doctor and Nardole play table tennis for the entire episode while Missy and Bill talk about UNIT Dating. Oh and the Master appears.

THE ABSOLUTE STATE OF WHO ADDICTS

>The Eaters of Light
>No views

It's like pottery.

POTTERY
O
T
T
E
R
Y

Why did that ass who was hit by a car leave? I just saw a comment saying hes gone

ANTI-PLASTIC

Anti-Plastic?

AAANTI-PLASTIC

you fuck, im supposed to reply to that :(

>tfw we will never see kino like this episode again

Why are their faces offset?

University work apparently

homage to this

they were faggots anyway, i heard him say one of his favs was journeys end so i never watched again

>the humans
>Mondas is Earth's twin in the sense that it was the reality which the monks averted

You haven't seen The Tenth Planet, have you?

>less than 3m viewers
>AI of 81
Is The Eaters of Light officially the worst received episode ever?

yes

HAPPENING

STRAWBERRY
B
L
O
N
D
E

>capaldi's last finale
>instead of anything about capaldi or the story itself they slap "WHO'S NEXT?" on the cover in huge letters
RT is brutal

Remember when River and the Doctor spent 24 years staring at giant stone horsecocks?

>You appear to have confused the Cybermen with Daleks
He's not the first to do it either

Explain

>>The War Doctor
>How was he really any different from the Doctor? He's billed as this regeneration who committed such heinous atrocities that the doctor practically erased all memory of him, and then he shows up as all in all a pretty standard old man who might be a little grumpy but is never seen doing anything nearly as bad.
Yeah, War never does anything that really sells that premise, and the end result of Day of the Doctor (no one will remember the events of today because of timey wimey bullshit) just leaves me feeling like his whole supposed redemption arc (that we never really saw any part of aside from the redemption) was moot.

On the flip side, I have to hand it to Hurt because his acting runs circles around Tennant's and Smith's, and I can't think of a better choice for the Doctor who had to make the momentous choice of using the Moment. Honestly, not even Eccleston could have pulled that scene off as perfectly as Hurt did.

I'm so divided on this character. On one hand, he's a living, breathing retcon that bothers the shit out of me but on the other hand, you sort of have to hand to Moffat for making the best of a bad situation.

RTD made the Cybermen into Daleks lite by giving them a meme catchphrase patterned after the Daleks and making it in their nature to upgrade other lifeforms which they deem as inferior, rather than upgrading being something they did out of necessity.

Cybus was a mistake

>you sort of have to hand to Moffat for making the best of a bad situation.
he made the situation, and he could've cast mcgann REEEEEEEEEEEEEE