There have been plenty of funny women in sketch comedy and TV shows (Roseanne, Tina Fey, etc)...

There have been plenty of funny women in sketch comedy and TV shows (Roseanne, Tina Fey, etc), but has there ever been a successful female standup comedian?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Zl3fRnmEKgM
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Margaret Cho is unfunny but she made ridiculous amount of money pandering to her audience who just want the lowest-common-denominator second-generation Asian and gay-pandering jokes.

the stock answer is joan rivers
at least she was successful until johnny carson blackballed her

Define successful. In the sense that they make more money than the median comedian, definitely. In the sense that they are as funny, debatable. Would you say Dane cook is successful? He makes a lot of money but isn't really that funny.

Phyllis Diller was huge back in her day. I think she's pretty funny too. I like the witty comedians who actually tell jokes with set ups and punchlines more than ones who basically just get on stage and tell stories.

I've heard Lisa Lampanelli on some shows and she had good stuff

?

>"I fuck black guys": the comedienne

You literally named Roseanne in your fucking post you retard.

>Dane Cook
He still makes money?

This, although I was optimistic about her show but then couldn't even make it through the first episode, way too cringey. Her standup is good though.

Maria Bamford

I used to like Paula Poundstone. I liked that she would joke about things in general rather than VAGINA THIS and DATING THAT.

She had good timing. I remember some gay guy gave some heartfelt speech about the plight of the LGBT community. There was an awkward silence and then Lisa just said "fag" into her mic

youtube.com/watch?v=Zl3fRnmEKgM

Watching this makes me realize what I've been missing out on. Modern standup is such shit in comparison.

yeah, Roseanne, you fucking idiot

Ellen Degeneres was big time stand up in the 80's

I've always found Margareth Cho to be fucking disgusting but still want to fuck her hard and come inside her.Why lads.

rita rudner was pretty big

wendy liebman is up there in term of one liners

stand up comedy is shit anyway besides Mitch

>is unfunny but she made ridiculous amount of money pandering to her audience who just want the lowest-common-denominator

This is literally every comedian working today.

Yes, that includes the ones you like. You fall for pander monkeys just like everyone else.

Judy Tenuta had a good act

Camilla Cleese

shes tall as fuck

shes a literal amazon

shes john cleese daughter

Margaret Cho literally hasn't written a new joke in 20 years.

>hello my name is judy
>and i have my own religion
>judy ism

/our gal/

jim norton

Whoopi Goldberg was actually pretty funny.

isnt funny at all.

seriously im from her hometown and people here dont even like her. her stand up routine is so bad for her specials she has to chop ad cut them together from multiple cities or not even have one (and do it for her parents in their living room instead) because she cant get consistent laughs from her audience.

i guess the "im weird xD radom" act doest do well post 15 years old. who knew

She's hardly a standup comedian you failed abortion.

>generation Asian

>but has there ever been a successful female standup comedian?

You just named one of them: Roseanne.

How about these names
>Whoopi Goldberg
>Ellen Degeneres
>Joan Rivers

Any of these ringing a bell? I swear sometimes people just can't see the forest for the trees when they ask questions like this.

Other names, less notable but definitely successful.

>Brett Butler
>Sarah Silverman
>Whitney Cummings
>Kristen Schaal
>Chelsea Pereti
>Sandra Bernhard
>Janeane Garofalo

And one last one:
>Amy Schumer
Whether you like it or not she is a stand-up comedian who has had a lot of success the last few years.

sexists btfo

Prime bait. Perfectly captured the essence of Reddit. 10/10

>there have been plenty of women who are good at reciting funny lines, but what about women who are genuinely funny

ftfy op

kristen schaal is excellent
so is kate micucci

Why has no one mentioned Carol Burnett? She had her own show in the 60s and 70s. HUGELY successful and the tv show Mamas Family became a spinoff series from her show.

>look up Carol Burnett stand-up
>she's young, cute
>close tab
I don't need this in my life. I have enough waifus, don't need one from the black and white era.

she looks like she'd be a good fuck