So i just finished this movie and to be honest the fucking first hour and a half is boring...

So i just finished this movie and to be honest the fucking first hour and a half is boring. Its just politics and straight up backlogging with no real action. It honestly seems like thats why the movie was the fucking failure it was.

I thoroughly enjoyed the second half since there was a lot more action and story progression going on, showing all the meta humans including cyborg (which imo was the most fucked of them all) felt like a good way to bring them in.

Ben Affleck and Jeremy Irons were honestly the more saving graces of this movie all together. Superman i think only had 37 lines total. So glad i didnt waste ticket money on this and waited for dvd release.

> Its just politics and straight up backlogging with no real action. It honestly seems like thats why the movie was the fucking failure it was.
You should stick to Whedon Avengers and Transformers movies.

It's DC, did you actually expect quality?

I think the main problem with the movie is that Superman's character gets majorly downplayed in favor of Batman. Really, the main conflict revolves more around playing Lex and Batman as foils to each other, and Superman falls into the same problems as MoS where he winds up spending most of the movie being lectured to by other characters and never gets a real opportunity to speak on his own behalf.

Watch it again when you're over the age of 25.

DC stands for Decent Cinema

Over 25, This movie sucks compared to Superman and Superman II. Heck, I'd even say Superman III is better. Yeah, Superman III is cheesy but the Clark kent\Superman fight was amazing!

Ok.

Wow ever their name brand is apart of fiction!

because who would he speak to? his actions speak for him and what his decisions are. But i guess you are just gunna rule that up to being "hurp durp 2deep4u" instead of just being, you know, present in the actions of the character.

Like here's the thing, i like politics as much as the next person does in a movie (huge house of cards fan) but i feel like if you make it that the majority of your movie is built on the whole "omg we gotta show senate hearings and everything cuz superman issues", it makes the movie incredibly lack lustre compared to what the final act is like. IDK its just my preference in these movie that if there's going to be story development, it shouldn't be 90% politics and people going "omg heroes did bad things" .Thats why civil war was successful as it was, it had both politics and super hero actions going on that made sense given the situation the world was in.

>huge house of cards fan
you wouldn't understand this movie if this is your standard for politics

Well that's part of the problem, Supes goes through this whole ordeal bearing everyone's complaints, but at the end of it all, he just winds up doing what he was already doing in the first place.

I don't have a problem with Supes character, I just complain that he doesn't have much of a character ARC in the movie as compared to Batman.

According to a reddit post, this film is pure kino

Ok to be fair, you cant really compare Donner Superman with this given tone and general nostalgia. BvS still has severe issues but again its not a fair comparison

Shut up. Don't act like millennials are the only ones hating the movie. It was bad. The entire movie has zero payoff for any of the events that transpire in it. Most of the characters are unlikable dickheads thats motivation either switch on a dime, or are lead by some of the most egregious driving points in cinema.

If the movie has some extra layer that makes it shitty upon first viewing, then it's still shit. It's almost like arguing that the Warcraft movie is good if you know the lore of warcraft. It's still shit. You're either a false flagging shitposter or an actual DC shill if you liked this movie.

Heres the thing, the senate scene was a HUGE missed opportunity and thrown out for the sake of a piss joke and explosion. This was a scene where the public would finally get a chance to hear what Superman is all about. And I know the "actions speak louder than words" argument is said, but sometimes people need to actually hear it straight from the horses mouth. All I wanted personally was a brief
>Are you here to help uplift mankind?
>No, Im here to catch you when you fall
More or less.

See thats what i wanted that scene to be about . Him explaining why he does what he does but instead yeah, they turned it into a piss joke and a suicide scene. It was fucking stupid to do so.

Maybe if they added some quips?

Dc fail when teh director is him

>ITT: manchildren defend their movie as some true artform that only truly enlightened intelectuals such as themselves can understand
Look, the movie is kinda fun, just stop the fucking kinoposting please, Sup Forums at this point is becoming more cancerous than actual cancer.

Civil War was a total fucking borefest until the airport fight, and despite that movie actually did very well.

>People are talking about how they wanted the Senate scene to be serious and have Superman display his views
>Give a character a chance to portray himself not just to the movie characters but to the audience
>Opportunity is missed because piss jokes and gotta get that Batman hate train
>"Hurr you guys just want quips"

No thats not helping user

The movie's fun dont get me wrong but it was really fucking hard to get through it when there was so much filler and pointless content / shit that made no sense. If i had to rate the movie it'd be at least a 6.5 / 10 for me. The wonder woman scenes were solid and enjoyable compared to the rest of the movie. Just makes me wish the rest of it was like that.

We havent devolved that far yet, All we said was the senate scene was a missed opportunity and the film is still a mess.

I'm one of those people who think that there's legitimate thematic material that makes for good discussion, that a lot of people don't give the movie credit for.

But it's by no means perfect or a masterful piece of art. It's got legitimate problems too. But by the nature of Sup Forums shitposting you either think it's an irredeemable piece of shit or the greatest superhero movie with no middle ground possible.

How did the entire movie have zero payoff.

Why do millenials think saying a movie is bad bothers people?

It's not a matter of quips or fun. It's a matter of capturing what you're even trying to do. It was going for serious most of the movie then decides to turn into a superhero movie in the last 30~40 minutes. This is a ridiculous, jarring, shift in tone. It wasn't even a realistic take on superheroes at that point, it just completely changed, losing any grounds in reality it was trying to establish with some outstanding bad plot. It would of been a WAY better movie it the writing stayed dramatic, and was tuned better in the beginning instead of forcing in a fight that was stupid, and adding terrible tension. I expected a dramatic payoff for the suffering and boredom of the first half of the movie and what I got felt like rushed garbage. Civil war atleast knew what it was trying to be and used drama almost purely as a climax, but I'm not even trying to compare it to CW, it just sucked by itself.

I bet you read gwenpool

It was called advancing the plot user. If you don't do that you end up with shit like BvS that has to depend on a directors cut to fill in stuff.

>this is what DCfags actually believe

Exact opposite opinion, it was good until Doomsday came in

>the first half of the movie is boring because there's not enough action

I've never read something more pleb on Sup Forums. Do you watch anything outside of action movies?

I agree OP, you can do politics and shit without going too droney and boring.

Also I would fix the ending of that scene. Have Superman notice the bomb and halfway through flying towards the device, have it explode. Rather than Clark just not notice it.