Power Man and Iron Fist Storytime (Part 6)

So because I had work, earlier, we're going to do two days worth of stories, and a little extra to make up for making you wait.

For those who weren't here last time, Luke was put through a process to reverse the Power Man procedure, and now he doesn't have his powers.

If you've ever been in a pool and tried punching a fat guy in the stomach, you should have an idea how impressive this punch is.

Huh, I guess I should've done Defenders. In my defense, I haven't read any Defenders yet.

Nice, my favourite time in the night.

I love how gripping on the side of a moving car makes more sense than hiding in the sewers.
Granted, it isn't easy to open manhole covers.

It's been a while since first grade.

I can't even count the number of reasons this shouldn't have worked.

Seriously, this issue had to have been inspired by watching three hours of Loony Toons.

>and then there was the time Luke Cage carried weaponry that would make Frank Castle pop a boner

Huh, Karma hit this guy quickly.

This guy looks like he's wearing a Beast costume and lost the mask. Does anyone else see it?

wut

>I guess I got my powers back after from electricity

This is some Silver Age nonsense.

I don't even know what this cover is showing!

Kind of looks like Charles Manson

>I just wanted to test and see how you react to me trying to kick you.

What was this guy's plan if Danny was twitchy and reacted by breaking his leg?

I guess calling his guards was his plan.

It wasn't a good one.

Here's a tip if you ever come in this situation, Anons. If you fear for your life, NEVER take the elevator. You WILL die.

>"You wear the mark of a dragon! That's a gook mark!"

Not... not really. I mean yeah, Danny's basically the biggest weeb in Marvel since Wolverine, but that's just a coincidence.

God damn it woman, keep your legs together!

How many capes actually have spare masks?

Remember when old comics would show off the settings?

Can you think of a modern Big Two comic that actually has this many supporting cast members?

You think they talked about it that time Frank was black and hung out with Luke?

It's a bit of a bummer that Misty and Harmony both have afros, because then it takes a bit to differentiate the two of them. Especially because early Misty hid her bionic arm.

Danny's got an Escher Girls pose going on.

We'll find out, since we're gonna do that trilogy of issues.

I didn't want to say anything, because I just assumed someone in better shape than me could pull that off, but yeah.

... See Hulk, this shit is why nobody likes you.

It's not even a particularly oriental style dragon.

You live in the Marvel Universe, there's a lot of guys who are big and immune to bullets. It's not like he's green.

Wasn't she previously drawn with straightened hair though?

>Fist-Man

So does Hulk ever get anyone's name right, by sheer coincidence?

Huh, I guess that one user who suggested using the Iron Fist to hypnotise the Hulk was right.

Oh wait, you're right. Wonder why they randomly gave her an afro...

Man, sometimes it seems like fucking anything will make Banner transform. Even shit that shouldn't make him angry.

Luke Cage driving a tiny golf cart running away from a gorilla with a human head . . . there's something you don't see every day.

I don't if it has happened but why Colleen, Misty and Luke never learned to use Ki? You would think hanging with Danny for so long he would past that knowledge on. Col using her Ki on her sword would be all kinds of awesome.

Because what Danny does isn't something that can just be taught. When he calls it "dragon's chi" he isn't being colorful, that's literally what it is. He punched into the heart of a nigh-immortal dragon until his fist absorbed its energies. THAT is what makes his fist all glowy.
Also, Colleen is the only one of those who would do that kind of formal training.

Colleen is surprisingly salty about not this

Where the fuck was Colleen hiding those things?!

Holy shit, little girl's surprisingly badass.

Ah. I see.

Still, Danny's origin is amazing in it's batshit insanity. Sure most Martial Art masters had to train to be insanely good.

Danny Rand? He trained to get that good to fist fight a Goddamn dragon, THEN put his hands into his burning heart to get his powers. Kenshiro might have 2000 years of history backing Hokuto Shinken but their masters never fought a fucking dragon.

Guess the artist just assumed she had an afro. I mean, most of the women in Luke Cage's comic had one, so he had a decent chance of being right.

I feel like Danny is the one who should be fighting the ninja horde, and Luke should be fighting the giant.

That's the thing about the Iron Fist. We never hear about it happening, but it can easily be implied that we've had people train for their entire lives, beat everyone else in K'un Lun in a tournament, finally earn the right to face Shou Lou the Undying... and then get fucking killed without ever gaining the Iron Fist power.

Sad thing is, most of them did.

Okay, that didn't work, but you KNOW that guy wishes he managed to kill Danny with the fish. He would tell that story until the died, the day he stabbed a man in a bar with a Swordfish.

Handbag?

Okay, Luke clearly isn't wearing the silk shirt under his amazing Hawaiian shirt. Where was he keeping that and the rest of his costume?

It was a popular look then. But I also think it's also partly that the artists didn't really know of any other natural black hairstyles. The only instance I can think of where another black hairstyle was used was that lesbian vampire story where the vampire in question had cornrows.

This guy looks so evil, it'd be more of a surprise if he WASN'T evil.

Also a handbag.

Davos was pretty banged up when he challenged the Undying Dragon so I'm sure there is quite a few bodies. I can envision quite a few Martial masters tipping their hats in respect to Danny after hearing his tale.

Hey Anons, remember when Colleen was put through Claremont's corruption fetish?

Of course!

It's completly unrelated, but I'm listening to an LP/podcast in the background, and one of the guys just mentioned a story about ejactulating in a girl's handbag,JUST when you mentioned it the second time.

Man, I hope Luke doesn't notice any stains on his shirt.

Does he not have any pictures of her?

>Claremont tried to take Collen into X-Men for a Jean-Scott-Wing triangle cause he created her
>PM/IF office wouldn't let him
>That's comics! dropped plot point

It can't be easy to clean stains off silk shirts.