Remember this?

Remember this?

I had stopped watching several season beforehand so it was a relief realizing I didn't have to pretend to care anymore.

>watching zombie-Simpsons

Maybe if I was dropped on my head as a child...

no

Did anyone die or was it merely a stunt?

Krusty's dad I think.

didn't they do the exact same thing with maude?

yes, it was pretty obvious who it was going to be. the character with the least appearances and the guest star voice

>watching Simpsons on demand because xfinity has the entire series and I never really watched it seriously before
>get to who shot mr burns pt 2
>episode is split into three parts with short commercial breaks
>get to the third part which is just after homer gets arrested
>it fucks up and just plays the second part
>still don't know who shot mr burns

This was my first guess.

It was Maggie. Premeditated if I remember correctly.

I remember when they announced a gay pairing, it was when the show was already shit but never knew how that ended

Nah she accidentally popped him when she grabbed his revolver in his coat pocket. This was before Maggie was a secret assassin.

Maggie knew exactly what she was doing

>That scene where Burns is taunting everyone
>tells them none of them have the balls to try and kill him
>everyone who was angrily staring at him eventually looks away
>Except Maggie

>By far the least important character in the image was the one who died
Shocking.

I think they only marketed this as a "TONIGHT SOMEONE DIES" episode because it wound up being the season premiere. It clearly wasn't written to be one, and was actually pretty good.

Yes, and I remember everyone calling it being Krusty's dad from the very second they announced it

>The Simpsons have done this, over-exaggerated Homer and Marge's rocky marriage like it hasn't been several times before, and Sideshow Bob killing Bart in a ToH episode, along with more unmentioned actions that seem like they'll break status quo when in reality they're just cheap ratings gimmicks
>Viewers and news outlets will continue eating it up and doing reports about it with ignorance

I remember when they announced that Smithers was gay.

I bet most people were shocked.

It's funny with how little continuity the simpsons has that death always sticks

There was a small chance it could've been Marge's mom I guess, she's always been pretty insubstantial, but yeah, I doubt there's a Simpson's fan or former fan who didn't immediately assume it'd be him.

They were marketing the "SOMEONE IS GOING TO DIE PERMANENTLY, IT'S GOING TO BE AWESOME" since like two years before it aired.

Only for Edna's VA to die in between and having to retire one of the most relevant characters while hyping up Krusty's dad's death.

>Viewers and news outlets will continue eating it up
Uh, Simpsons ratings are down like every year.

I do

just looking at this pic you'd know it'd be Krusty's dad, but MAYBE Marge's mom

shows have been pulling that stunt since the Pleistocene era, but it's tapered off in the last decade or two, thankfully.

It's literally always the least important character listed. Arrested Development had a gag making fun of that stunt.

ONE OF THESE PEOPLE WILL DIE
>rapid montage of major characters with random nobody slipped in about 2/3 through

How many people who saw this do you guys even think remember who Krusty's dad was?

They should've stopped doing Sideshow Bob episodes after the Cecil one.

>Literally Jew number 2

Goddamn right, his arc felt completed. I remember watching by chance the episode in Italy with Bob's family and found ridiculous that he still wants to kill him.

To be fair his "arc being completed" was literally thrown out the window for a gag. They should stop making them for the same reason they should stop making the Simpsons period. They're not funny anymore.

oh no, not Munchkin Mouse!