When was the last time you cried reading comics, Sup Forums?

When was the last time you cried reading comics, Sup Forums?

Pic obvs related

The Goon

Re-reading Roger from BPRD.

Sweet Tooth

1/11

Never but I did read this thing once.

I was really into Red Hood after the movie. So I go on Tumblr looking at different picture. One Tumblr is dedicated to Red Hood, turns out it some girls blog thing. As I'm reading it she talks about crying over Red Hood and going over to her mom I the kitchen to hug while crying. The mom then ask "is it that comic book character you like?" Girl just nods and continues to cry.

11/11

Praise be to Ewing

Shit, it still makes me tear up.

The fact that Kaluu is nowhere to be seen in ANAD Marvel is the greatest crime

I just realized the doctor is an aged Al Ewing.

His Ultimates has two of his Mighty Avengers, his New Avengers has another two, Shulk is dead, Luke, Peter and Sam are busy, Kaluu has to be lurking around somewhere.

o wow. Nice.

Has Kaluu been in Strange? It seems like he must have showed up in the current arc at some point, but I can't remember.

Rebirth

Nope. Thanks Aaron. But hey, at least Baron Mordo will be back just in time for the movie.

It's weird that Ultimates doesn't have a magic rep. You'd think given their MO that a top tier magic user would be a big draw.

I was just about to post this.

maybe at the bar with no name?

i need to catch up with strange i was enjoying it

Aaron is a fickle lover. Sometimes he's god-tier, sometimes it's fucking unreadable trash.
Maybe Last Days of Magic will shake up magic squo enough to get one on Ultimates. Maybe Doom, he was on the NOW teaser with Miss America. That'd be p fucking cool.

I dropped it pretty quick but then picked it up again just because the Emprikul are so fucking dopey and ridiculous and stuff actually started happening. I'm digging it. I know some people aren't into it, but I'm not super clear on why.

>There's no more time. I'm out of time. This is it.
fuck

Sup Forums says not muh strange but i don't think that actually means anything.

imo Bachelo is worth coming for and I'm usually not a fan of his

Is there even a Strange to >muh?

I read Ditko's run but what else noteworthy even is there?

Damn...

Kid Loki.

The slow trickle of Loki I'm getting in Thor is actually pretty good, I just wish I didn't have to dance around the Jane stuff to get it.

The jsa convergence tie ins

Secret Wars was mostly shit and destroying 616 was a bad decision but fuck, this is really great writing.

?

The Hickman lead-up was great, the main event was good, there were some great tie-ins. Secret Wars was dope.

The main event were pretty useless to me, except Doom-God. And I hate that the main reason behind the event was only to make room for the Tumblr-MCU-verse that is ANAD Marvel. Different strokes I guess.

The only thing different post-SW is that Miles and Maker are in 616, and some cosmic fuckery going on as a result of the new Universe.

Goddamn son that shit is heavy.

Posting more Secret Wars.

(1/4)

(2/4)

(3/4)

(4/4)

>Loki begging Thor to kill him
>Thor saying that there is no way he'd ever have a reason to
Loki banishing his waifu without a word
The fakeout with Loki and Leah
>Kid Loki being definitively dead for all time with no way to be resurrected, ever

Did he win Sup Forums? Or did Marvel somehow fuck that up too?

Seems like he won, maybe?

He is the god of lies, kind of hard to tell.

He's the god of stories now actually, I just hope Hastings follows up on that and does him justice.

Kid Loki's still dead right? I haven't kept up but depiction of him doesn't seem like the same asshole Loki.

He was dead and became a sort of amalgamation Loki, he wasn't the old Loki nor the kid Loki but a new other Loki and this one tried to do good, failed miserably, suffered, etc.

Read Loki:Agent of Asgard for more concrete info, it's actually pretty good, I can only hope Ewing to write Loki again.

So are we ever address the fact that loki used to be Satan and has a son in hades?

In Vote Loki? I can't imagine. Aaron's Loki has been cool, though. I just wish he had an ongoing again.
From what I remember Kid Loki was engineered by King Loki as a stepping stone to his own reincarnation, Kid Loki was killed but the next stage of the evolution didn't play ball the way King Loki wanted him to, so now we have current Loki who may or may not turn evil one day and who may or may not be the Loki from Aaron's ANAD Thor.

Somebody please correct me.

Damn son...

I mean, that's more or less the only thing that's been addressed in Loki since like 2011.

Incoming

I can't deal with this Loki's pubes beard. I don't know what the artist was thinking.

When I stopped following it, in Young Avengers or whatever, Loki has a Kid Loki spirit following him around who outright says that it is just his guilty conscience and that Kid Loki is gone.

>this one tried to do good, failed miserably, suffered, etc.

Sounds like Kid Loki to me.

It's honestly a struggle.

Don't take my word for it, user. I'm shit at explaining things.

Yeah Kid Loki is dead and gone. Thor was pissed.

Cool.

When is Aaron gonna resolve all this shit?

Didn't this just happen last issue?

The one before. And I'm mostly referring to untangling Loki's deal, which has been the draw all along and keeps getting buried under Jane stuff.

>Dave Griffith

Well I'll be damned, he's still around. I figured in this modern age where everyone's seen "Birth of a Nation" they'd never use a character named D.W. Griffith.

He's not just dead, his soul was freaking annihilated. He's super-dead.
The Loki running around now is the Old Loki, but with enough of Kid Loki mixed in that he's a brand new Loki.

Doesn't Old Loki also exist, though? In his staff?

That's King Loki, who is New Loki, but older. But throught King Loki going back in time, meddling with his own past, he ended up causing New Loki to become the God of Stories, which King Loki never did, so their timelines basically split.

Where's this from?

I kinda wish Duggan hadn't inherited Doctor Voodoo and Ewing could have stolen him.

Uncanny Avengers is a good book, possibly the best Avengers title, but Voodoo doesn't get much chance for development in that book because of the huge cast and Mutant/Inhuman bullshit that he has no involvement in

Deadpool 250

I'm mostly just mad that everything that Ewing established with Luke like reconnecting with Dave, the return to the Gem Theater and the set up for taking on the Defenders name was all ignored in the new Power Man and Iron Fist book

>Watchmen

lmao

Ewing must die for our sins, them's just the brakes.

Never cry, but I sometimes well up a bit. Most recent was Dark Night: A True Batman Story. That shit just hit way too close to home.

Good thing Voodoo's getting his spotlight after CWII wraps up. Duggan's been teasing supernatural stuff lurking in the background of his subplots, and he said so in an CBR interview I think.
Deadpool: The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly.
Got me into comics. Duggan knows how to knock the wind out of you. Just been rereading the run recently, and got through the Original Sin flashback issue tonight (favorite of the run)

Hell, we got space for a short storytime...