Why are they holding the Olympic games in this South American island country in Rio when the country is undergoing...

Why are they holding the Olympic games in this South American island country in Rio when the country is undergoing public health crises such as Zika mosquitoes, crime rates that are sky high, dirty water, heat?

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/OyyUL
archive.is/xmWg1
archive.is/lDAk1
archive.is/rQT9c
archive.is/2pXFC
archive.is/n03il
archive.is/Cgokk
archive.is/SRGLa
archive.is/yx45l
archive.is/zukpY
archive.is/d1D3o
archive.is/tYih9
youtube.com/watch?v=aFD76KsmVh0
bbc.com/portuguese/noticias/2015/08/150811_orgaos_rim_china_lab
mysailing.com.au/olympics/main-ramp-collapses-at-rio-sailing-venue
rt.com/viral/351308-fire-extinguisher-olympic-torch/
mobile.reuters.com/article/idUSKCN10D28K
a.pomf.cat/xswbnp.webm
bbc.co.uk/news/uk-36972126
a.pomf.cat/onkttp.webm
a.pomf.cat/vvtfbl.webm
a.pomf.cat/vihdin.webm
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

the choose the Olympic city 8 years before the games begin. A lot of shit can go down in 8 years.

I'm building up a list of fuck ups. Feel free to contribute.

>Australian paralympian robbed at gunpoint in Rio
archive.is/OyyUL

>Australian athletes robbed during fire evacuation at Olympic village
archive.is/xmWg1

>New Zealand jiu-jitsu athlete kidnapped by men in police uniforms and forced to withdraw money
archive.is/lDAk1

>Chinese hurdler gets vomited on and robbed upon arrival in Rio
archive.is/rQT9c

>Australian news crew had a lucky escape after almost being robbed of their camera gear by a group of transvestites along Rio de Janeiro’s most famous beach
archive.is/2pXFC

>Massively behind schedule and shitty quality infrastructure and athletes village
archive.is/n03il

>Body parts wash up near Olympics beach volleyball site
archive.is/Cgokk

>Sewage spills and pollution
archive.is/SRGLa

>‘Super Bacteria’ detected at beaches
archive.is/yx45l

>Russian doping scandal and bans
archive.is/zukpY

>Zika virus
archive.is/d1D3o

>ISIS terrorists
archive.is/tYih9

youtube.com/watch?v=aFD76KsmVh0

>brazil
>island country
>american geography education

It was shit 8 years ago

bumpo

Dude... what are you talking about. Rio is an island country.

I can't believe how apathetic people are concerning these games. Nobody cares. I don't know anyone that is even remotely excited to watch these games.

Compare this to the excitement of London and Beijing. Even Sochi had more hype than these games.

I think people are really underestimating just how pissed off people in Euro/USA/S.America are.

The West is a garbage fire right now.

>Rio is an island country
can't tell if troll or victim of american education system...

stfu Paddy nobody likes you

didn't some niggers kidnap some tourists yesterday?

They used to be able to hold international events in third world nations because the footage could be edited before it reached the public and reporters kept out of bad areas.

Now everyone has a camera phone and Twitter. Instead of competitors being grateful for being there, they're more concerned with hashtagging and making sure their sponsors are pleased.

>They used to be able to hold international events in third world nations

>used to

>what was London 2012 in the Islamic Republic of Bongistan

Because it's racist to always choose 1st world countries.

I can't wait for the Zimbabwe Olympics in 2024.

My friend's brother is swimming in this year's games after 5 years of preparation. This will probably be his only shot at Olympic glory. Fuck the IOC for letting these games happen

The IOC needed to pick a country on the same timezone as US Eastcoast to maximise the sales of the TV broadcast rights aligning with Eastcoast prime-time.
>it was never about Rio, Brasil, or Carnivale crap, not the sports, not the actual athletes - it was always about the cash

>Literally SHUT IT DOWN the post

You guys are missing out coming here m8.

Women out here love some foreign dick, hoping they will take them out of this shithole.

Also, it is pretty fun down here. Just don't go to Rio, pick some othee place, for your own safety.

Btw, very few zika cases in the Southwest, where Rio is located.

João, we're aware of your kidney stealing ways. Dont try and lure people in.

>mfw ISIS blows up Christ the Redeemer

We don't really steal them because people around here sell them for a few bucks.

bbc.com/portuguese/noticias/2015/08/150811_orgaos_rim_china_lab

i predict the russians are going to win big. they always do.

See /r/apocalympics2016 for more stuff. They got a pretty long list of links.

Rio is a place for degeneracy. Nothing virtuous can be done there. Genetic is destiny.

To transfer wealth from white people to non-white people -- Just like most other government programs.

the world cup 2014 was great fun, especially the semis

give it a chance

This is a rare flag that appears every 9,999,999 post -- screenshot to /r/Sup Forums or jews will come to your house

i'll show them my new oven i got. it seats twenty.

>american education
It's not the education system here, though it does suck. Teachers here more like zoo keepers. We're drowning in fucking spics. Every year, this place gets more and more spiked.
Need a new place to shitpost, soon this entire thing will be in Spanish. Wish we could make a new board for Euros only.
IF you all could read Latin there, we could keep them out by default.

>he world cup 2014 was great fun
they know how to organize a few football games, since all their waking hours they aren't stealing they are playing it.
The Olympics is an entirely different beast. You know how people go ape shit if a time is 1/1000th of a second off?
The real hard-on is that even with all the channels in the JEwSA, will still be a tape delay for won't get to see it if a swimmer runs into a corpse.

I'll be posting webms on Sup Forums and Sup Forums of happenings, like I did during the World Cup.

The main boat ramp collapsed 4 days ago at the yachting venue because the sea got a bit angry

mysailing.com.au/olympics/main-ramp-collapses-at-rio-sailing-venue

>portuguese
Tens sorte que eu por acaso falo Portugues. Mas dar um link numa língua que quase nínguem fala? Má ideia.

Flawless, and considered one of the best Olympics ever held.

Every modern browser comes with built-in translation.

>heat

Please do tell me how to fix this. I'm super cereal about it.

Don't live in between the Tropic of Capricorn and the Tropic of Cancer.

Obviously because they want to create a global epidemic of Zika.

No one is going to bother with that, they're just going to go HUE HUE HUE HUE

Tough shit.

Don't be so harsh. If someone asked me to point where Dublin is, I would probably point at Belfast with a smuggy face.

But I don't, my man.

What heat are you complaining about, then? 16ºC?

if my digits are sequential in any way, rio happening confirmed

Well obviously the happening won't be IN Rio, it'll be in all the countries people go back to when they leave Rio. Silly bitch.

Not now. Winter is ok here. It's the summer that fucks my shit up badly.

Let me help you with that.

Because the IOC is corrupt as fuck and Rio probably paid the highest bribe to get the games?

Our summer average is 22ºC, which is not that bad tbqh. I imagine you get around 19ºC or something.

tfw my sister is moving to rio.

who moves to rio in 2016?

>I imagine you get around 19ºC or something.

I fucking wish. Here in Florianópolis the average is 28ºC+.

People chosen by the unknown for the sake of natural selection.

That's impossible. You must be talking about the average maximum or something.

lol what a pussy running away from that malnourished child, i would have put him over my knee and spanked his ass

You'd be sent to jail, forced to pay a fine and called the literal reincarnation of Hitler by thousands of Facebook posts.

rt.com/viral/351308-fire-extinguisher-olympic-torch/

Seriously whoever planned this event is a fucking moron.

I like how useless the female is

because they said they could fix it in time, they couldnt and now they cant pick another city to host it.

That's clearly a jewish trick, user! Don't believe them!

Serious now, so the reason I feel some much heat might be because I work downtown.
A lot of buildings, concrete everywhere, poor ventilation, etc.

>NZ gets kidnapped

>fat pratt
>edgy atheism
>supporting terrorism

We got ourselves another underage b&

Oh, ok. I never really stayed in Floripa much so I can't really relate, but I went to Criciúma, Balneário and Tubarão and they were pretty alright during the summer.

My god, look at what they have done to this place.
It's beautifully abhorrent.

it looks like minecraft

Wasn't the last Olympics to actually profit Lake Placid? But third world countries are now the location of choice because kickback, bribes and corruption steer all the pesky black ink into the pockets of the friends and families of the Committee members, and local politicos.

What can you do, palitões are cheap to build and add value to previously poor neighborhoods.
I'll be going to Joinville next summer. All PR beaches are crap and I'm bored of SP beaches.

Im sure favelas are much better, Pedro.

There is also a south korean cyclist who got ran over by a car mobile.reuters.com/article/idUSKCN10D28K
Shit hasnt even started yet

We consider those buildings as "vertical favelas" here.

Spoilers: A lot of those buildings are full of squatters.

>Floripa
Did y'all seriously just take my states d and flip it 90°?

If you ever come to rio dont do it bro.
Niggers hunt in packs. You drop this skelleton child and his friend around the corner pops you with a gun
Happens all the time

Floripa is a nickname for Florianópolis. No one is going to steal your elderly containment state.

Wait until spectators start getting killed. I predict a bleacher collapse, and gangs attacking/robbing hotels.

Also look for events cancelled because venues are unsafe, facility and infrastructure failures that prevent competitions, athletes refusing to compete out of safety fears, broadcast personnel threatened or attacked during live broadcasts. Professional athletes just leaving completely because of reasons from recognition of how fucked up and dangerous things are, to being told by their pro teams that if injuries r illness associated with Rio would not be protected by their contracts and cause for breaking them.

I for one can't wait for Kermit's asshole to win a medal.

Honestly Greece should just become the permanent host.

#MakeOlympicsGreekAgain

Who cares!
WE GOT DEM SWEET OVERWATCH SKINS

Fuck off, we're full

So who exactly thought, in the grand scheme of things, that hosting olympics in Rio was a good idea.

Hay now we have niggers, meth heads, white trash, rednecks, snowbirds, Cubans, Jews, and fags.

Don't forget FloridaMan either, he'll rip out your girls pussy if you do.

This is such a shit show and I'm loving every minute of it

Don't worry, I'm not getting near your favela and I'm only staying a couple of weeks for the summer.

Kek. I guess now it's worth stealing from.

I honestly think something big is being planned. I don't consider myself a conspiracy theorist, but holy fuck all the shit that goes down in Rio and your gonna host a global sports event there?

The odds of ISIS and associates hitting it are likely.

kek

a.pomf.cat/xswbnp.webm
Such a great country

>mixing Rio with everything else
And then you all bitch when people mistake the rest of the UK with London.

It's winter fool

At least people don't murder eachother in the streets in London.
It's got one too many minorities. Pretty much it.

>At least people don't murder eachother in the streets in London.
yet

bbc.co.uk/news/uk-36972126
You were saying?

soon

>why are you waving kermits asshole? It ain't easy being green
My sides

Yeah, it happens. And then it's dealt with. Like any other civilised country.
a.pomf.cat/onkttp.webm
a.pomf.cat/vvtfbl.webm
a.pomf.cat/vihdin.webm
Sure looks like everyone gives a fuck here. Lot of crime and punishment

>crying over a bunch of niggers getting killed
Just don't live in Rio or the north niggerdom, problem solved.

I like how you guys suddenly cares for nigger's lifes when it comes to talk shit about our country.
Simply amazing.

I like how you have to cut out the sections of your country that have insane murder rates, and corrupt police forces.
You don't need to do that in first world countries.
I'm not saying I care. I'm saying people get murdered.
Also
>pol is one person

Fucking hell these mental gymnastics

>implying Brazil was a wonderful and developed country 8 years ago.

Spanish is based of Latin up dip

Can't wait till it begins, the whole world will see Brazil as a shitshow

The irony in your post is that if you cut out the four southern states, it legitimately becomes a first world country with high concentration of white people, high IQ, low crime rates, extremely high GDP, high income per capita, education, etc. IIRC we would be the eleventh richest country in the world.

Don't be so appalled that we hate to be mixed with the shithole part.

Olympic cities are chosen like a decade ahead of time.

>this South American island country in Rio

americans