ITT: Sup Forums Lineups

You, yeah you. Marvel and DC have approached you to revolutionise the line ups to some of their most beloved teams, and in this thread I want to see what you'd do if you were told you could choose the line up of the Avengers, or the X-Men, or Justice League or whatever team takes your fancy.

> Bonus points for explanations.

Here's my ideal Avengers line up to get the ball rolling.

I always liked the idea of a Future 'Future Foundation' line up as a replacement to the fantastic Four with

> Franklin Richards
> Valeria Richards
> Alex Powers
> Lyra the She-Hulk

Early-Mid 20s Franklin and Valeria obviously. I feel like it'd have a very similar dynamic to the classic First Family, but much broader in scope due to the significant power jump. Only complaint I can think of is that it might be too 'Blonde'?

Thoughts?

> Tfw someone other than myself likes Ares and Justice.

I've got a pitch for the X-Men, but I'm off to work for a bit so won't be able to post it for a little while.

Hopefully the thread is still up when I get back.

>Teaser Magneto is in charge

OP posted 8 so I'll name 8.

Spider-man: brains, street level fighter, spider-sense warning system.
Invisible Woman: multipurpose powers, FF travel/adventure experience.
Ms. Marvel (CAROL): Cosmic level heavy hitter
Ben Grimm: Heavy hitter, FF experience.
Iron Man: Genius, money, suit versatility.
Tigra: Scrapper, bikini to piss off the SJW's
Mystique: Infiltration, combat expert, manipulation tactics.
Thor: Mystic/God contacts

And for the obligatory minority sidekick that all comics have today, miles, kamala, and sam occasionally pop up to lust after the real heroes.

A new Young Justice featuring preteen legacy characters.

Damian leads the team in battle as Robin, though he's terrible at interpersonal relationships. He tries his best anyways, to varying degrees of success.

Lian Harper is resurrected in the first arc and becomes the emotional core of the team. She takes up the mantle of Speedy against her father's wishes.

Irey West is the fun-loving Impulse, with her sulky twin Jai as team tech-support.

Chris/Jon Kent is the new Superboy, though his naively optimistic outlook might get him into trouble.

Milagro Reyes is the newest, youngest Green Lantern, and getting the ring has made her somewhat cocky and overconfident (though not as much as Guy, her mentor).

The team dad is Nightwing, who is assigned by the Justice League to watch over and train the kids. They manage to get into trouble despite his best efforts.

Later additions to the team would include Animal Girl as the youngest but most powerful member, Abuse as the street hero insecure about his place in the big leagues, and Josh Jackham as the enemy/rival turned friend (and Irey's love interest, much to Wally's dismay). .

Overall the book would be fun, action-packed, and light on the angst.

Okay going to start as I don't need to be at work as soon as I planned.

Some anti-mutant asshole is able to start really fucking up mutants. He's supported by a government which isn't the United States but is nonetheless still powerful.

The X-Men and Magneto team up to stop him, but through his forces he's able to give the X-Men a real run for his money. He's planning on releasing a biological weapon in the United States which will only target mutants. Fortunately before he completely stops the X-Men the Avengers show up and save the day. Nonetheless Xavier dies. As he lays dying he asked Magneto to lead them now, and remind Magneto of when the two of them were young and friends.

The X-Men dispand and are sad about Xavier's death. However some of them receive letters inviting them to a special party and function being held in upstate New York.

The recipients of the invites are:

>Cyclops
>Storm
>Emma Frost
>Wolverine
>Cannonball
>Kitty Pryde

The arrive at the location and it's a party being held by Magneto who's now all dressed up like an academic not like his supervillain self he want to continue Charles' dream and make the X-Men the team of Superheroes for mutant kind.

Ah this'll never in a million years happen, but:
>let Bruce Wayne retire, go batman beyond, Terry McGuiness and all.
>maybe retcon the thing with him being a surrogate-clone of Bruce
>maybe no colored-hair black girl
>possibly have Paul dini as a consultant, keep the usual bad-apples from touching it.
>not sure if the artstyle should emulate the show or not, probably
>keep the young justice leaguers from the show, maybe swap a few out, not really sure, I thought it was a decent group.

If you want to make money

>JLD: Justice League Detectives
Small team dedicated to protecting the world the hard-boiled way but secretly act as an internal investigation unit for the other Justice Leagues.
>JLD Line-Up
- The Question
- Ralph & Sue Dibny
- Martian Manhunter
- Detective Chimp
- Edward Nigma (probationary member)
- Batman (secret benefactor)

Honestly, I'd read the SHIT out of this. Especially if Ralph and Sue are the leads and it isn't really that actiony at all.

For the Avengers I figure that any hero generally understood to be legit would be on the reserves roster.
Beyond that the permanent team roster would always include the original six, Captain America, Hawkeye, Scarlet Witch, Quicksilver, Vision, Black panter, Captain Marvel (Carol), Spiderwoman, She-Hulk, Hercules, Luke Cage, and if he ever comes back to life, War Machine.
Rotating in and out of the team line-up, of course.
These are all characters that had some of their best stories in Avengers books and can stand alone in their own books.
I won't ever think of Spiderman or Wolverine as Avengers, those were never really a good fit with the team, but I can't imagine they wouldn't show up in one of those call-in-everyone situations. And having a secret agent spy assassin like Black Widow on a celebrity superhero team is insane. It's almost as nuts as recruiting children for dangerous superheroing.
Am I wrong?

I'd like the JL to split up into different teams to deal with different threats. So you could have Justice League Cosmic:
>Hal Jordan
>Power Girl
>Starfire
>Adam Strange
>Saint Walker
>Vril Dox
>Hawkman (Katar Hol)
>classic Lobo (probationary member)
Or JL Technology:
>Cyborg
>Will Magnus and the Metal Men
>Firestorm (because Nuclear + non-organic transmutation)
>Steel
>Black Lightning
>Blue Devil (stunt suit version)
>Blue Beetle
>Booster Gold

Replace Ronan with Ares if it needs to be an all-Earth crew.

Bonus if story has them fight Kirby monsters.
I dig it a lot.

Non Villainous Dark Avengers

>Ares - God of War
>Zarda - Power Princes (jms)
>Betty - Red She Hulk
Are all fuck buddies...

>Domino
>Gambit
Are lovers...

>Remus
>Shadow Woman

Thor
Hyperion
Black Panther
Sunspot
Smasher
Scarlet Witch
Aarkus The 1940s Vision

Bentley-23 should be Hank Pym's prodigy
like a good father-son comedy of super scientists trying to fight their villain urges together
Also, kinda Future Future Foundation related, what happened to Crystal's baby

I might be the only 30 year old straight, white conservative who really likes Wiccan and thinks Gillen's Young Avengers is one of Marvel's best runs just because it's an extension of his kidLoki story

As in Luna?

yeah
is she still alive?

As far as I'm aware she's just in Limbo, but there is no reason to suspect she shouldn't be in Attilan. We last saw her in X-Factor with Quicksilver and Crystal a year or two back.

Uncanny X-Men

> Cyclops - Leader
> Emma Frost - Psychic and after seizing control of the Hellfire Club, the money.
> Storm - Would join Scott's team because of her influence in the Superhero community but also to keep them honest.
> Magneto - Second in Command and fully dedicated to Cyclops' vision of the future and Mutants place within it.
> Monet - Emma's protege and the powerhouse of the team. M has always known she was superior and wants to lead mutants into a golden age.
> Cannonball - Scott's vision of the future. Cannonball isn't as ruthless as the rest of them, but Cyclops sees him as his natural successor.

So this is my lineup if I'd gotten to decide what would happen to the X-Men post Secret Wars and as you can quite clearly tell, I wouldn't have gotten rid of Emma and Scott off panel. Essentially though, they'd fill the same role as the Extinction Team/Current Uncanny X-Men. They exist as the leaders of Mutant kind and the proactive force in asserting Mutants place within the world. This would be a highly political series as I wouldn't want to treat them as just another generic superteam, and as such they'd be more like the Mutant Illuminati and they would be at the forefront of mutant and world affairs, with a clear agenda of pushing forward the Mutant agenda and an extrapolation of Cyclop's revolution. As such we'd see them come into direct conflict with the Avengers Initiative, The US or other foreign Governments and whatever Sentinel Programmes they possess and in the event of M-Pox, you bet your arse they'd have something to say about it.

In conjunction with this team, there'd also be a Faculty/Superhero based team of X-Men led by Kitty Pryde that would be at odds philospohically with this Uncanny X-Men lineup, however Scott would appreciate the need for Xavier's School and therefore would send any fledgling mutants to the school even if he and his team believe that the Dream is dead and that action is now needed.

Cyclops killed her when he bombed Inhuman daycare and Royal Family killed him.

Is that confirmed?

God I miss Emma and Scott. Also love the idea of Emma taking control of the Hellfire Club. Who'd be in your Faculty/Superhero X-Men team apart from Kitty?

>someone else wants the pym pack to be to be a thing
Thank you user

No Victor, no buy.

Top row is guys I want in some monster-hunting comic. Bottom row are muh West Coast Avengers. It'd live 12 issues plus Annual.

Bump

I actually oddly love this team. In my head I want to add 1 more member, maybe Rambeau or Hercules but it's pretty great irrespective.

I hear you, senpai. I like Monica, too. But I think six members is perfect number so I don't go further.
Besides, in my head, she's on Marvel team.

My Idea for a non Marvel/Dc multiversal team.

>Space Ghost instead of BIIIIIIRDMAN

School team would function like the X-men of the Morrison/Whedon era, in that they're mentors first but also superheroes to set a good example for mutant kind. They still believe in Xavier's dream.

So its just A list X-Men. Throw Magik or Danny Moonstar in and Im totally down ( we always need more New Mutants.)

Needs More Gambit and Cypher.

-No Wolverine
-All Characters that are believably positive and still believe in Xavier's dream.
I'm really feeling this.

I really like this, but y no Sunspot on Uncanny?

Nah to Cypher. Had considered Gambit but I like it when Rogue gets out from under the shadow of their relationship. I'd considered adding Dani or Psylocke but in truth, neither brings that much to the table. Psylcoke whilst friends with most of them has gone off the deep end recently and it's canonical she's a piss poor teacher. Whilst I love Moonstar and most of the New Mutants (Hence my inclusion of Cannonball in the Uncanny Team), last I checked she's still not a mutant and I'm a purist in that I like my X-Men to just be mutants.

At any rate, got another role in mind for Dani.

whats the deal with people wanting so few mutants on Uncanny Avengers? It should be a more even mix.

I just think that as the head of AIM is a far more interesting use of Sunspot, and he's on page as saying he's done fighting the mutant fight whereas Sam has always had more of a conscience to him and I could see him getting dragged back in if Scott asked him. Obviously a political team like this Uncanny one would no doubt cross paths with Sunspot a few times, either in his role as Supreme Leader or in their dealings with the Hellfire Club.

I have a feeling this dude is ignoring the mutates retcon.
Ah, so you're going with current continuity, apart from the death of Cyke (and Emma?)

>whats the deal with people wanting so few mutants on Uncanny Avengers? It should be a more even mix.
Its 4*4
Wanda, Petro, Storm & Sunspot are mutants.
Cap, Thor, Voodoo & Smasher are not.

Sure they are mutants.

U shud write 4 marvel. I wanna know your plan for Danny and Magik. Fuck what about X-Factor or cable.

Its weird. Wasn't UA supposed to be a response team by the Avengers after AVX because they really never had Mutants Backs. The team was supposed to be a bunch of Mutant Avengers.

Emma isn't dead as far as we're aware, just in Limbo but yeah pretty much, I don't mind much of the status quo generally, and I'm happy to adapt my ideas to it. Although there are certain things I'd change, like the School in Limbo because it M-Pox or not it doesn't make much sense with Mutants like Elixir, and Triage hanging around and especially when Storm could just stop the Terrigan cloud from going new the school. Oh and yeah, I wouldn't kill of Elixir (Damn you Bunn).

Ahaha I appreciate the compliment. My Plan for Dani would be to touch on her connection to the New X-Men kids, remember, she's still Elixir's legal guardian? Oh and Magik would be part of my X-Force team (Led by Cable coincidentally)

It changed with the latest incarnation, adding in Inhuman, MaAndroid and a bunch of other representations.

Two more teams to come. First off, The New X-Men which would essentially be the student body at the Xavier Institute. This isn't Wolverine's 'kids can't be superheroes' school, after all, it's not really logical that any of the crop of staff would honestly believe that as they've all been superheroes since they were teenagers, however I do respect that obviously the Astonishing X-Men team would feel protective over them. However it's not unreasonable to expect that as they learn to use their powers, that a new generation of X-men must be born and so we'd return to the era of Training Squads. However it's fair to say that perhaps as this is made up of the New X-Men generation, and they were always very impulsive that for in story reasons. The theory in mind would be that the Purifers or a similar group, perhaps even the Dark Hunters would come after Elixir who was out in the midwest being a Messiah-esque figure, walking from town to town healing people. Whilst under attack, the Cuckoos would get word and then Hellion and Surge being who they are, wouldn't wait for the X-Men but would just assemble their friends and get Pixie to teleport them to Josh's aid. Dani and the other new Mutants (Cypher, Karma, Magma) would somehow get involved and ultimately whilst the Astonishing X-Men know that they've got to step up eventually, it'd be Dani who would really push them to recognise the validity of the squad.

> Hellion
> Surge
> Elixir
> Dust
> Rockslide
> Wolverine (X-23)
> Pixie
> Genesis

Avengers are pure cancer
prove me wrong

Wish i could man. Disney sure want to make you believe that they aren't though

Exactly

Fuck yo, Dust and Rockslide should be the Jean and Scott. I can see it.

Final team, X-Force. Very simply, they are Team Cyclops and their led by Cable as a proactive 'preserve the future' kill squad.

> Cable
> Psylocke
> Magik
> Domino
> Warpath
> Archangel

Why Magik hasn't been a member of X-Force yet is beyond me, she's the perfect fit

New SJW Friendly Marvel would love that shit.

Jean and Scott have sex. Poor Rockslide can't.

Earthsexuals everywhere.

>implying making a penis out of rock is hard to do

Sure, but would he even feel anything?

>> Cable
>> Psylocke
>> Magik
>> Domino
>> Warpath
>> Archangel
its basically Uncanny X-Force minus the Memepool and Wolverine. Fuck dreamed of this but never could put it together in my head. Warpath makes 100% everything better.
Pic related - have him as a side character.

Probably. I wouldn't be surprised if he had orgasm by blowing himself up. Get it?

Is he from the second wave of New Mutants? I know very few of the mid 2000s Mutants. After Gen X and before Wolverine and the X-Men im kinda lost. Dust looks cool though.

Yeah. He was on team with X-23, Hellion and such muties. Completely fell out of relevancy. Last time he was in comic, adult X-Men acted like he raped all flatscans. Amazing X-Men wasn't amazing book.

>Crystal
She's going to fug everyone

Who is the QT on the far left on the bottom?

ANAD Songbird.

Wait, no. I think ANAD Songbird has long hair. This is her previous haircut.

Looks like late 90s DC Dark Phoenix

It's more of an amalgalation of every major incarnation of X-Force

So Cable (Original), Domino, and Warpath (Messiah Complex X-Force) and Psylocke (Uncanny X-Force) and then yeah Magik because it's a natural fit.

As user said, Carnageman would be moral one.

My knowledge of Spidey comes from friends and movies. Isnt Hemogoblin a shitty C list villain, who like hires people? Also was Carnage Man as cool as people say?

>Global Avengers
>Captain Britain - Leader
>Hercules
>Black Widow - Connection to main Avengers
>Shang Chi
>White Tiger
>Hummingbird

American Kaiju - Just in case Shit goes down

Yeah at both your questions. Read their Axis minis. Carnage becomes friendly neighbourhood Carnageman and Hobgoblin becomes greatest shill to ever shill. Both are great reads.

id rather the current TT team without Starfire but an older Beast Boy, with the new Superboy and Emiko both joining the team aswell.

not
>Maker
>Superior Spider-Man
>Superior Iron Man
>corrupted Ultron Pym

as the Superiors

That would be cool too! Mostly I was thinking of how DC has all these kid characters who would work well together and have an interesting in-universe dynamic, but mostly wastes them by putting them in limbo or killing them off for edgy shock value.

Okay, so this isn't really a beloved line-up but whatever.
I want a Green Lantern book about:
>Torquemada (GL and sorcerer)
>Morro (Cryptkeeper GL)
>Ash (Vampire hunter GL)
dealing with cosmic magical shit. And I want Alan Scott and Charlie Vickers to guest star.

Young Avengers But Less Gay
>Miles
>Sam (maybe he'll suffer less when he gets to be the heavy hitter haha who am i kidding)
>Kamala
>Stature
>Juston and his Sentinel
>Hazmat
>Mettle
>formal confirmation that Avengers Arena never happened
>a constant parade of kaiju to fight for the giant kids/robot

>Captain Britain, face in the dirt. Dr. Doom stands over him triumphant.
>"The Avengers are nothing before Doom"
>And then in the distance, an echo, a terrifying roar resonates from the depths.
>"YUUU...."
> Doom momentarily startled turns to the water.
>"Esss" rings out, reverberating ever closer.
>"Who dares interrupt Doom?!"
> "AYYY" American Kaiju roars as he bursts from the water's surface, and in one swift movement swallows Doom hole.

> YFW.

Is that godzilla?

American Kaiju. Basically, 'what if Godzilla existed in the Marvel Universe and he was a goddamn patriot.'

> Based Ewing

bump

This all seems fine, except that your only Generation X character is M, the worst Generation X character.

That's a bit Western Hemisphere biased. Throw an Asian or two on there.

YOU.
You are good people.
Ash and Torquemada were sorely wasted in the Johns era.

This is ultimately a family book.

It's about how challenging it can be to be a single dad, growing up isn't easy, and being a part of a legacy. The action should only serve to further the character beats. Pregnancy scares over saving the world.

I WOULD READ THE FUCK OUT OF THIS

I legitimately want a super team consisting of them. Can probably call them Black-op Avengers or Thunderbolts. Punisher is the leader and his solution is generally kill it. Scott is the tech guy. Karnak is the sharpshooting melee combatant. Satanna the powerhouse because of her force manipulation. Thing is the guy pretending that he isn't the Thing. Everyone plays along because they don't want to hurt his feelings. Squirrel Girl is the asshole preaching a peaceful solution for everything while leading to dozen of squirrels to their death.

my getshitdone avengers: 1.Bucky(leader and tactical one) 2.Ares(powerhouse) 3.Warmachine(when rhodey comes back) 4. Carol-captain marvel. 5. Hawkeye(the female young avengers one) 6. u.s agent-john walker(hes back and pissed) 7. kaine

See I'd love to see this team juxtaposed to a Cyclops who went away from Xavier's ideal and started using X-Force as a kill squad but excludes children from his whole thing. Bendis was so close to doing the Cyclops heel turn well and then shit the bed.

>dylan
because he spits hot fire
>dylan
>dylan
>dylan
>dylan

Doctor Strange: Because he's awesome
Wiccan: Because he's awesome-lite
Mystique: because i'd like to see what she looks like in the spiritual spectrum, It would be a cool way to explore the spiritual side of that particular mutant power and maybe learn something really cool
Forget-Menot: because..uh..what was I talking about..? Right mystique...
Rogue: The super powerful version Because, like mystique, there's a lot of potential there when view in the magical/spiritual spectrum and taken on metaphysical adventures. What happens when rogue touches doctor strange? I don't wantt to know because that's way too obvious and not the most interesting thing that can happen.
Iceman: because gay. And he's there to protect rogue or protect others from rogue

Five people who would be really cool together. For the people I want to stay away from my storyboards, definitely:

Not-Scarlet Witch because I don't like how she vibes with doctor strange
Not-Ironman: because he's a materialist and a shit and I want him as far away from my metaphysical super line-up as possible

Justice League: Fantasy
>Wonder Woman
>Aquaman
>Swamp Thing
>Tim Hunter
>Madame Xanadu
>Batwoman
>Amethyst

They'd avoid the usual cosmic and tech side of the DC universe, and instead focus on the criminally underused fantasy side of it.

I have a hard on for this team
but take out Batwoman for either Red Hood, Blue Devil or Shade

Spider-Man (Peter Parker)
Hulk
Beta ray Bill
Nova
Doctor strange
Marvel (carol)
X-23
Doom

Jennifer Kale or Magik or Tempus instead of Strange and that's a good team

Bucky and US Agent is redundant