How did Raimi manage to fuck this up so bad?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5A9D-XVmK10
youtube.com/watch?v=qtx18tPNda4&
youtube.com/watch?v=UTT9doNS6VY
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

He didn't apply the final solution.

>Eric "dumbass" foreman

He passive aggressively sabotaged his own movie because the studio forced him to put Venom in the movie.

Dark peter sequence is kino

>le Spiderman 3 is bad meme

Hello pleddit.

this movie absolutely has its moment, but it's bad compared to 1 & 2. They charged this movie with sub-plots and it should have had only one antagonist.

But it was good?

He was forced to add in a bunch of shit that no one wanted because one of the Sony executives has a hard on for venom.

I absolutely hated it when I first saw it. something corny about it...

the second time, it was on tv, and i was too lazy to turn it off or change the channel. this allowed me to pick up on the themes of friendship and redemption. it was poorly executed, but it had a lot of heart. that second viewing really made me love it.

plebs hate it, the truly educated will find that they have no choice but to love it.

rami did nothing wrong.

I actually like it

I dont see what the problem is, for me it's the few cringe worthy scenes like Spiderman's return when he's getting pounded by sandman

Or when he's on the board with Franco and says "I'm a bit occupied myself" or something along those lines..

The emo parker thing was hilarious, it's supposed to be corny and over the top

Some things did feel forced, like being pressed for time which made the dialogue suffer

Overall not bad. Gonna download it in high def and give a dedicated watch (usually catch these movies on low ded TV instead)

this. you cant blame Raimi for the (((Producers)))

This scene is great. The movie has more than a few good, memorable scenes in it. He wanted to just do Harry/Goblin and Sandman but the studio forced him to include the black suit and Venom. No clue who's idea it was to include Gwen Stacy though. She only made the movie more crowded with the unnecessary "love triangle" and it seemed like her whole purpose was to be eye candy to make MJ jealous for one scene.

youtube.com/watch?v=5A9D-XVmK10

Retconning Uncle Ben's death was a bad idea. And there was too many villains to balance. Disappointing conclusion to the series after the heights of Spider-Man and Spider-Man 2. Though it's an okay movie on its own. Better than much of the MCU and DCEU output.

is not as bad as spiderman 2002 tho

>Spiderkino 2 >TT Trailer 2001 >>>>> Spiderman 3 > poo = spiderman 2002

I've only seen it once and that was in theaters when it came out. You've inspired me to give it a second go.

PS I really loved it when I first saw it because Venom is my favorite. Just wish he was introduced in a better manner.

I don't even think it was intended as a conclusion. They were planning on making a fourth one.

>love triangle
Peter was cucking Harry with Mary Jane and Mary Jane with Gwen, and wasn't Eddie Brock involved in some way too? Sounds more like a love pentagon to me.

>ctrl f "Avi Arad"
>0 results
I'm disappointed in you, Sup Forums. It's common knowledge that idiot producer fucked over Spider-Man 3. He has a massive hard-on for Venom so he forced Raimi to put him into the movie.

Spider-Man 4 was going to be even darker than Spider-Man 3. I know a lot of anons around here wish to see another. But it was probably for the best the series ended there. Just wish it ended on a better note.

Yeah, I guess you're right, but the Peter/MJ/Harry shit actually made some sense but the Peter/MJ/Gwen/Eddie shit was pointless and rushed because Gwen really had no reason to be there, is hardly in the movie, and Eddie is just introduced in it. There just isn't anything going on between those 2 characters because the movie has no time to fit their stories in.

it was a different time

I saw it way after it was in theaters and I didn't think it was that bad. The emo Peter stuff was supposed to be a satire on the DARK superhero movies that were coming out by then right?

They made Spider-Man half nigger and we all know how Raimi feels about nigs

>Spider-Man 3
>dark

What? It was goofier and campier than the previous two.

True Spidy 4 villain was Mysterio played by Bruce Campbell.

Wasn't the villain going to be Vulture and Parker going to have a daughter?

But it had shit like
>him pummeling Sandman, with intent to kill him, and saying "Good riddance" in the edgiest way possible.
>JJ getting legitimately angry when he finds out Eddie faked his photo
>Peter yelling at his landlord
>Eddie going to a church and asking God to kill Peter
And there's that scene at the end where the symbiote looms over Peter for a second after he pulls Eddie out of it that always unnerved me. It just looked really dark and sinister.

I remember reading rumors that it would be Vulture played by John Malkovich and Black Cat played by Anne Hathaway.

Mysterio as Bruce Campbell was pretty much going to be a joke cameo. The movie was going to open with Spidey bringing him to the police.

>Bruce Campbell was pretty much going to be a joke cameo
I enjoyed his actual cameos throughout the trilogy.

the jews sabotaged him

>Malkovich Vulture

With the exception of Topher Venom, Raimi's Spider-Man had perfect casting for the villains.

And who doesn't have a massive hard-on for symbiotes? Carnage and Venom are the best.
It's a shame they rebooted Spiderman again because I was curious to see Gwen as Carnage.

I don't know. Malkovich would be good if he were older, but back in the late 2000's I think he wouldn't have been old enough. They really fucked up not casting him in Homecoming though.

>ywn see BDH Gwen get killed by Carnage in Spiderman 4

>hating Spiderman 3
How could you hate this scene?
youtube.com/watch?v=qtx18tPNda4&

>DCEU output.
Wonder Woman is miles better than this.

I really REALLY hate the fact that the new Spider-man will be popular and eventually become the Series everyone thinks about when Spider-man films are brought up. I fucking hate the MCU so god damn much.

>Sup Forums suddenly likes this abomination
What happened?

It has the same problems as TASM2, too many villains, and Venom is fucking terrible.

Did Spiderman 3 have the most kino jazz club scene?

youtube.com/watch?v=UTT9doNS6VY

But not MoS, BvS, and SS. Therefore my statement still stands.

People saw it when they were kids so they had lower standards, same reason people like shit like Critters or the Pokemon movie.

It's almost like he said MUCH of the DCEU output or something, which would imply not all, but most.

BDH was so fucking hot in this scene. Seeing this in the theater was the first time I felt that way about a woman, and I was 15.

I can take the goggles off and I still like this movie.
They grew up and got opinions of their own.

He managed to fuck up 1 and 2, so I don't see how it was surprising that he fucked up 3.

I think a lot of people didn't understand Raimi's sense of humor. It was definitely the weakest of the movies for me, but I had a good time with it.

It was a half-in-half at best.
Studio forced Venom in during a deadline which meant an incomplete mess of a script, so Raimi pretty much winged it, giving zero fucks and was actually subtly trash talking the thing during production and shortly after resale. Ultimate blame is on Sony imo, reinforced by the shitty soulless reboots that followed and further decent into similarly handled and directed shit like Pixles and Ghostbusters.

1 was corny as hell and only saved by Willem Dafoe.

2 was trash aside from Alfred Molina, which is a shame since he was only in the movie for about 20 minutes total. The rest was chock-full of a ham-fisted romance plot and a bunch of ending scenes that weren't necessary and dragged the movie on longer than it needed to be.

God damn, imagine having taste this shit.

Marc Webb loving tweeny baby detected.
I bet you got Coldplay and The Shins on repeat on your Xperia you literal cabbage muncher.

He probably thought TASM 2 was a masterpiece.

how does an asswartface like ron howard have such a beautiful daughter

Spider-Man is the best superhero origin movie of all time and Spider-Man 2 is the best superhero movie of all time. Only plebs disagree.

He wasn't that ugly when he was young. He just went bald and got a serious case of old man face. Clearly the women get all the good genetics in his family.

>Pleddit instead of Plebbit.
Helloooooo Reddit.

>yfw Spiderman 4 comes out in the 2020s with the original cast and Raimi directing without any Jew producers interfering

>ywn swavly impress your Russian landlords cute submissive daughter and make her soaking wet by your coolness and demand that she bakes you cookies and gives you milk

t. reddit letter media

I'm still mad. I walked about 2 miles to the closest movie theatre (didn't have a car back then) was super hyped. Needless to say it was a long angry walk back home. Plus I live in Arizona and it was summer.

>mfw majority of this thread not only liked but defend this piece of shit

I knew the underage rumors were true.

>2 miles is a long walk

Amerilards, everyone.

It was never as bad as the memes suggested. You were brainwashed into thinking it was and don't care.

You mean I was 19 and you along with the rest of the defenders went with your single moms after 2nd grade let out. I get it I liked a lot of bad movies when I was little too.

I was 15 when it came out, loved it on my initial viewing, then found out everyone thought it was shit so I just decided to agree with them to be cool until about 2 years ago when I finally watched it again and found out I still liked it. Nice projection though.

I disliked the whole sandman story line.

should have just been a venom movie.
or even if it was just a story between Peter and Harry/Goblin 2 I would have been fine with that

more importantly, why did they never bring in the true kinogoblin or kraven?

I remember being disappointed that Harry didn't become the hobgoblin in 3. He wasn't even another green goblin. They called him new goblin, which just sounds generic and boring.