"Serious" question Sup Forums

Would movie Cap be anti-gun control?

What about comic Cap?

Let's assume no Hail Hydra.

I think MCU Cap would be pro-gun control, but against drastic changes to the 2nd Amendment. Keep people safe with common sense legislation, but don't ultimately strip the rights of the people to defend themselves.

Would be a-okay with law-abiding citizens.

Would punch the shit out of anyone else otherwise.

This probably.
The core idea of the right to guns would be important to him, as a physical manifestation of the dream, but he also has a lot of first hand experience with them, and does not seem to approve of their usage to fight crime.
He'd want them out of criminals hands, and off the streets. He also wouldn't like open-carrying I suspect, as it represents fear.

Probably a combo of these.
Though after the whole Winter Soldier movie, I don't know if he'd be okay with the government having everybody who owns a gun and what type of gun on a big old list.

Just feels like that whole thing backfired and probably soured him is all.

He'd for sure dislike open-carry, as it would seem a bit too much like bullying to him, and we know how he feels on that. That said, might be a bit hypocritical of him to call anyone out on it considering the duds.

I can't imagine that either Cap would trust the American Government with gun control.

I also can't imagine why gun control would be considered a serious issue in a world where the average citizen has every justification for feeling afraid for his or her own life, given that there are literally supervillains running around that can kill hundreds with their bare hands or laser eyes or whatever, and violent crime is significantly higher than in our universe. If there was an organized push for gun control or civilian disarmament in the Marvel Universe you can bet your sweet ass some criminal organization like Hydra would be behind it to soften up the populace.

Depends on what the writer wants, and the writers being Marvel writers Anti-Gun.
Is he against cops having guns?

Well, consider Civil War where he was anti-registration.
But also that was really out of character for him.

A guy who is known for a shield isn't likely to be fond of guns becoming too prevalent in the civilian sphere.

>Implying Cap wouldn't realize that the NRA and arms manufacturers are just twisting what the second amendment means for profit

He'd have to be for serious campaign finance reform before "common sense" gun laws ever happened.

Was it really? He was willing to register himself but got up in arms when they made it clear they were going full fascist on anyone who refused to play ball.
But really the whole plot was kind of forced.

How prevalent were they in the civilian sphere when he was young?

America is incredibly irresponsible when it comes to this shit. I can't believe they actually sell weapons in regular stores.
Jesus Christ, guys, why do you need more than a handgun to "defend" yourselves? Why don't you have good background checking.
Why aren't you creating better laws after Sandy Hook? What the fuck is wrong with you, you warmonger assholes?

Yeah I could see Spencer write a Supervillain to be a mustache twirling Gun manufacturer and all his droogs being stereotypical Prepper gun nuts.
He'd probably even work in a "Nobody needs an AR-15" line.

Obviously not, but he probably would oppose the militarization of the police, even though it's more justified in his world.

What difference does it make if it's sold in a Walmart or not?
What do you propose in terms of Background check reform?

>He'd probably even work in a "Nobody needs an AR-15" line.
Well, unless you go to war nobody does.

This is a good point, how the fuck can you justify someone not being allowed to hold a gun when fucking supermonsters invade all the goddamn time and 9 times out of 10 there's a major invasion which forces the goodguys to look the other way for mass murderers and use their powers to fight back, what is some smhuck with a gun compared to Magneto joining in the fray?

>Is he against cops having guns?
Considering he used them all the time as a soldier, why would he?

Besides it's marvel and "TOPICAL CONTROVERSY!" I mean.

what about all the mutants and super people more powerful than a .223 rifle.

>I can't believe they actually sell weapons in regular stores.

Why not?

>Jesus Christ, guys, why do you need more than a handgun to "defend" yourselves?

Guns are used for more than just self-defense. They can also be used for hunting, such as with the AR-15.

>Why don't you have good background checking.

The background checks we have already are fine. The people in charge of acting on those checks are incompetent. The Orlando shooter was covered in red flags and the FBI did absolutely jack shit.

>What the fuck is wrong with you, you warmonger assholes?

Most of the dozens of millions of legal gun owners are not using their guns to kill anyone. Most of the gun deaths are concentrated in urban areas, and most of the victims are of the same demographic as the people killing them.

Of course they do.

Why?

I don't know about no movies, but Cap is definitely Libertarian. He reminds me a lot of Superman in that he believes that authority exists to serve its subjects.

People often confuse patriotism with supporting the government.

Yeah you try fighting modern militaries with an ar-15 and see where that gets you

Why the fuck are you trying to debate this on Sup Forums?

all any one is going to do is project their own values and go "NOT MUH CAP!!"