The Star War to end all Treks or The Trek to end all Wars

Sci Fi throwdown thread.

This is the containment thread for Sci Fi autist fights. Trek v Wars, Galactica v Farscape, Red Dwarf v Space Cases, WH40K v EVERYTHING.

>But user, how do I get to flaunt my Sci Fi autism in this super cool thread?
Simple faggot, you just drop some knowledge from your favorite Sci Fi universe(s), call other anons faggots for liking different things, and keep your autism as canon as you can.

>But just wtf is canon?
Fuck, I don't know man. Whatever is official I guess.

To get us started here's some size comparison bullshit.

And I'll toss my hat into Star Wars Legends.
inb4 not canon, fuck you it's what I know best.

Jyn Erso top sci-fi waifu.
Fact!
The more you know.

Star Wars tech is millions of years more advanced than ours whereas other Sci Fi tech is usually a few decades to thousands of years ahead of ours. This, along with Force sensitivity are what I believe to be the biggest hurdles for other universes to overcome.

Star Wars has weapons and defenses for nearly any bullshit reason with no technobabble because it's just commonplace to that universe. Barring you're not stuck on some backwater outer rim system.

The biggest threats I see to the SW universe are The Borg Collective, Imperium of Man, and Tyranids/ZergSince the Vong wrecked the NR and they were bargain bin Tyranids

Jyn is a shitty Strong Womyn™ rip off of Jan Ors Angela Harry if far cuter too

(actual size)

Borg Vs Wars
>Adaptive Shield Matrix might be able to withstand most everything else if it has time to adapt, but I believe Ion weapons will tear apart anything the Borg can throw at them.
>Borg will be unable to tap into the Force due to near total cybernetics. If a Force user gets assimilated though, that could be very bad.
>Assimilating a Force user may be a nigh impossible task though. Can the ASM adapt to being physically thrown around, smashing into things, having things smashed into you, essential cybernetics/organs being crushed, or lightsabers?
Overall I think it'll be a lopsided fight if SW can keep the Borg from assimilating too many Force users. If anyone near Sheev or Yoda strength get assimilated though it could easily tip the scales.

Imperium Vs Wars
>Sheer numbers of the Imperium will quickly overrun many systems, think Mandalorian Wars and Clone Wars combined x10.
>Psykers are probably an even match for most Force users. Master Jedi and Sith Lords would probably be equivalent to the strongest Psykers like Kaldor Draigo not physically mind you, fucking spess muhreens[/spoilers]
>Lasguns and other energy would be able to be mitigated, but bolt weapons will hurt damn near everything without shielding or armor. SW armor will protect infantry from the bolt and shrapnel but the actual explosion and concussive force will fuck shit up.
>SW naval vehicles are eons ahead of the Imperium's. I foresee SW stomping in air, sea, and space but struggling with the ground game. I would love to see Imperial/Old Republic walkers get into a brawl with Imperium Dreadnoughts and Titans.

Tyranids
>Neverending extra-galactic terror
>There is no stopping them, only slowing the inevitable
>Unlike Vong, cannot be reasoned with, no surrender, no peace.

the empire would probably lose every fight due to incompetence

r'ing the one where DS9 is in the background and it dwarfs everything

>r'ing the one where DS9 is in the background and it dwarfs everything
That's funny. I hope you don't believe that.

Whoever wins, you all lose.

????

>Star Wars tech is millions of years more advanced than ours
How? Their military technology is practically identical to ours except with "lasers" instead of bullets. And we're definitely not millions of years from having Star Destroyers

Are Forerunners the most advanced race in all of sci fi?

From what I've seen they are among the top ones without them being gods or magical beings

yup, and that's how they parked it in San Francisco.

*blocks your thread*

Top kek

>Repulsorlifts
>Hyperdrives
>Lightsabers
>Shield tech
>Droids/Robotics
>Cybernetics/Prosthetics
>Metallurgy
>Manufacturing
>Medical/Pharmaceutical
>Terraforming
>Sciences
Reminder, SW military tech doesn't progress unless there's a galactic scale war like the Mandalorian Wars, Hyperspace Wars, Clone Wars, or Galactic Civil War
Definitely in the higher echelons
kek

Ultimate kek

there's no way the Enterprise D could park in the hangar of a droid control ship

*destroys your energy source*

God damn it Voyager. Why do you suck so hard?

>tfw born too late to explore the Earth
>tfw born too early to explore the cosmos
>tfw born just in time to see half the world either commit cultural suicide or the holocaust 2.0 and the only world left to conquer is the goddamed ocean

*destroys your existence*

Born just in time to explore the web

look up the Xeelee sometime kiddo

>reading

>tfw no baxter cinematic universe

RingEdit
The Xeelee's greatest achievement—possibly the greatest structure of Baryonic matter ever constructed is the Ring, a gigantic loop of cosmic string, millions of light-years across and spinning at close to light speed. Because of its intense gravitation and spinning, it creates a tear in the universe at its center. Ships entering the tear will leave the universe and enter a different one.
>Ships entering the tear will leave the universe and enter a different one.

So what are other universes like

Ok so middle school me seems to remember seeing a documentary where they said that there are infinite dimensions and thus dimensions where Star Wars, Star Trek, etc are real. Is that true? And if so how could we possibly know there are infinite dimensions?

Pretty much the same, except everything's 2 inches to the left.

they goal of the ring project was to end the time-war between the Photino Birds and the Xeelee over the universe by giving the Xeelee access to a universe where they did not even exist.

>what are photino birds?

Photino Birds are dark matter life-forms that like to live in the gravity well of stars, so they artificially prolong the lifespan of as many stars as they can by turning them into white dwarfs. These stars are cold and dim and do not form black holes.

>why are they at war?

Because the Xeelee live on the event horizon of black holes, see above for why this is a problem. Essentially they are directly at odds because each need to destroy the others habitats. The war went on for 13 billion years and eventually the Xeelee realised that they needed some kind of alternate answer. One of the two they came up with was moving somewhere else.

We are shown that the Xeelee can more or less channel surf or possibly even create alternate universes using this device. They created a more mathematical universe for the Silver Ghosts for instance. So the answer is whatever you want it to be.

>sci-fi general

Fuck off, generals are cancer

Star Wars is fantasy, the brain damaged cousin of sci-fi. Normies love Star Wars, they wouldn't get 10 minutes into an episode of TNG.

>you can move rocks with your mind and swing a laser sword around?
>how quaint

>implying making up technology terms is any better
Star wars allows for epic battles and interesting uses for technology, while star trek is like a shitty drama combined with a science class that's making you dumber

And how would your precious sith/jedi contend with the Q continuum?

Question: Could the Borg control the Lexx?

It's a biological weapon of mass destruction with roughly the same power and more maneuvering than the Death Star, but there are no electronic parts.

Awww how quaint, they're using lasers.

*turbolasers you turbofag