Why Are American Cinemas So Badly Managed?

Yurofag here recently moved to the Americas. I love movies and was excited to see how cinemas (or "theatres") in America are compared to where I'm from. I was shocked at just how shitty they were. Have gone to 5 different ones, both Cinemark and AMC chains and there are always the same issues.

>literally no staff at Cinemarks, just machines. may as well go in without paying for anything
>filthy and retarded staff at AMC that don't know how to function shit. also they don't check tickets
>AMC has a downright broken website and app, have to basically buy tickets from 3rd party if there's reserved seating
>30 minutes of trailers at showtime and 30 minutes more beforehand. somehow they brag about it as if it's special?

In addition I've gone to movies on release date, weekends, and mornings and they are always empty. I guess with all the bullshit people just got fed up? What is with the industry here?

Other urls found in this thread:

smallwarsjournal.com/jrnl/art/no-more-fun-and-games-how-china’s-acquisition-of-us-media-entities-threatens-america’s-nati
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

fug i noticed i basically called AMC staff filthy. meant to say their cinemas are filthy. always spilled popcorn somewhere or dirty soda machines

welcome to America theaters op. I imagine IMAX is pretty clean but I've never been.

It's been a bad May in terms of movies and it's custom to throw your popcorn and drinks all over the floors and seats when you don't like a movie. Can't blame the staff.

I had to pick out my seat on a screen before i got my ticket to an empty 3pm showing. There were loud electronic reclining chairs, extra wide of course. Truly a horrific experience.

Boutique cinemas are the only ones worth going to.

Go to a drafthouse pleb

We dont go to theaters anymore because we found out how evil Hollywood Jews are.

Instead we download movies and watch them on our 8 inch flatscreens

how barbaric. though i've been here almost a year now and just notice this being a common issue
reserved seating isn't new, it's just a bigger pain since it can be done online here. even though an auditorium has never been full, sans wonder woman, the few people that go always reserve the exact center seats which is where i prefer. of course i've grown to reserve online but extra fees are annoying
never heard of them but i'll see if there's any in or around my area

where do you live in America?

DFW in texas, on the southern end

who does the penis inspection at Cinemark if there are just machines?
Is there a different machine for it in the shower room?

I work at an AMC in America, and the facilities are always very clean. If the bussers ever leave an area messy, you can bet that management's gonna be on their asses.

Not sure where you live but try Angelika

oddly enough some days there is staff, other days there isn't. haven't used the bathrooms at any cinema but i haven't seen people guarding the doors anywhere so idk where you're at. maybe texas is especially shitty.
funny how when i wanted to complain, there was no one at the customer service. the one guy that was there was gone

You know that if you complain about any aspect of your moviegoing experience you automatically get free movie tickets no matter how often you complain, right?

I haven't paid to see a movie in years. Regal in particular gives out free tickets like candy.

>be american
>get denied entry to a movie for not being or identifying as a woman

>Not going to based Cinepolis

the one regal i know is a bit far from me so i haven't tried them yet. AMC and Cinemark seem to be around the most. AMC in small neighbourhoods and Cinemarks at malls and near college campuses

kek you live in one of the most nigger filled areas of Texas and wonder why the theaters are shit?

>my local AMC is inside a giant mall on the second floor, accessible by either escalator or a side elevator
>the escalator is on accessible with a ticket, while the elevator takes you to the customer service counter if there are issues with your ticket
>no one is ever at the customer service counter, all the people hired for that job just goof off elsewhere and give zero shits, meaning you can just ride the elevator up and walk in without paying
>all the popcorn, candy, drinks, etc are self serve and you pay at a non-walled off service desk, which also almost never has people at it
>even when it does, you can get free refills on large drinks and pop corn, meaning they have no way of telling who's getting a refill and who isn't, so you can just take whatever you want without paying and then claim it's a refill and there's nothing they can do, and they don't care anyway

I've been going there watching movies with my brother for the last three years almost every weekend without paying for anything. We probably owe them over a thousand dollars.

Alamo Drafthouse
>food
>beer
>kick people out for talking

keep in mind i've gone to multiple cinemas. been to hulen, downtown fort worth, ridgmar, alliance. just haven't gone to northpark dallas yet but fuck that traffic

My local cinema is so badly managed with insane 7 dollar popcorn and audio being too loud or too quiet in half the rooms and yet it is still packed on friday and saturday nights. It's the only one in town with 40,000 people. If there was a tutorial on how to open a kinoplex I would be so fucking rich but I'm not a risk taker.

this pretty much explains most of my experiences. but i buy tickets because i like supporting smaller movies when they are released. if there were any shitty movies i wanted to see out of curiosity i'd waltz right in. alliance in texas is especially abandoned

Try alamo draft house in Richardson on sat or sunday

We have popcorn guards in our kinoplex but if you're lucky you can find a popcorn bucket in the trashcan next to the restroom and take it and get a free refill at the concession stand because they don't need a receipt or nothing. They also only have room guards on busy nights so if I can walk in and movie hop if I can get passed the first guard. But the popcorn guards are always there. It's almost like the popcorn is more valuable than the movie.

>one of the most nigger filled areas of Texas

Has it changed that much? I lived in Grapevine for two years (2003-2005) and I saw maybe three black people the entire time I lived there.

can confirm many blacks in crowley

>this

I have the regal rewards card and every 3 movies I get either a free popcorn, drink or ticket

Dfw south (south of i30)

Oak cliff, south dallas, Desoto, pleasant grove

Blackest area in the state outside of Houston

Grapevine is still overwhelmingly white, as it's North DFW.

The south side is a fucking blackout.

sounds comfy

It is actually. They just got done renovating it. It's 30 theaters, and all 30 of them now have those comfy lay-z-boy recliner chairs in them.

And the employees still don't care if anyone pays for anything.

All the theaters in my home town are shit but i'm on business in Dallas atm and the AMC here is bomb

>get free Premiere AMC membership for a year
>go on tuesday to buy ticket because "$5 off tickets on tuesdays"
>receipt says no discount, was charged full price
>customer service literally empty
>whatever, go to concessions
>mfw 5 buckaroos for a water
>pay and scan AMC card
>no points credited on receipt, not even AMC member number
>guy at concessions was mumbling and couldn't hear shit of what he was saying, probably didn't know what he was doing

how the fuck is this chain still around?

northpark mall? been wanting to go there, but it's a bit expensive and far for me to go regularly

I say Dallas, I mean Plano. The AMC at the Stonebriar Mall in Plano is bomb,

ah i see. i'll put it on my list then

one benefit to a small town - my theater is locally-owned; tickets are $7.50 at most, maybe 10 minutes of trailers. essentially the theater experience without all the corporate bullshit, how theaters used to be.

I go to arclight and ipic because I'm from commiefornia

isn't AMC owned by some chinese company?

So fucking lucky. At least let me know what state or the nearest state. Wish it was like that in my city. I've always liked movies in the theatres or at home but the prices limit what and when I watch something. Luckily there is rarely anything worth watching on the big screen.

It has been for the last couple of years.

that explains a lot

They're a publicy traded company.

Must be easy to go thorough life with zero sense of shame.

The thing is, my complaints are always valid. Like, I'm not making up the fact that there's a stain in the center of the screen in theater 13 where someone threw a drink at it or that the floors in theaters 7 through 9 are so sticky that when I get home I rip up the carpet.

I don't ask for free tickets, either, btw. I just submit honest complaints. If these guys would get their shit together and run an honest enterprise they wouldn't have to send me 10-14 free tickets every year.

Cineplex in Canada is great, sorry you have shit kinoplexes.

I live near houston so I don't bother going to theaters anymore because its nothing but beaners and niggers from wall to wall. the smaller chains like alamo are better about keeping the rift raft out

>popcorn guards

Please tell me youre making this shit up

>amc takes over carmike
>"small" sodie and small popcorn 20 dollars now

Why

Harkins the GOAT

>large poppy & sody $5 student ticket $5

I go to an Emagine theater in Michigan. It's pretty nice.

don't they also kick people out for using their phone? Based as fuck.

I used to know how to use the service halways to get into the AMC in my mall. I probably went 3 years without paying for a movie and went all the time.

The small is more than you could ever drink during a movie without pissing yourself. The small popcorn is still more popcorn than you should eat in one sitting. Still overpriced, but that's all the food you need.

Commies are trying to take over.
smallwarsjournal.com/jrnl/art/no-more-fun-and-games-how-china’s-acquisition-of-us-media-entities-threatens-america’s-nati

>he doesn't have a flix brewhouse in his town

All of the industries that don't require a college degree are like that except for maybe McDonald's. Eat at literally any chain restaurant and the service is terrible.

Wait until your turn to work on the quarry comes.

Fuck Cineplex for their movie selection. I try to go to my local kinoplex to try to watch something that isn't a blockbuster capeshit and they don't fucking play it, EVER. I wanted to see Churchill this weekend but nope, gotta have fucking Baywatch and Generic Capeshit #28 playing instead

As someone who has worked at a Cinemark in the north DFW area for quite a while i can say most of the theaters in the Plano area are pretty well managed and always trying to improve in and out of house. That goes for amc' and smaller chains too.

But I'll admit my favorite theater to go to is Angelika Plano or Alamo in Richardson

Also 18+ Only where I live, which keeps retarded teenagers and screaming children at a minimum.