"VENOM" PLOT DETAILS

Looks like capekino is back on the menu, boys!

Eddie Brock is still a disgraced journalist, but rather than the Sin Eater he was duped by Cleetus Kassady, and Kassady was brought down by Detective Jean DeWolff rather then Spider-Man himself. Kassady was also a killer-for-hire for mob boss Silvio Manfredi.

Brock finds out Kassady has been moved to the privately-funded Ravencroft Institute and breaks in to investigate, as he's obsessed with getting revenge on Kassady for ruining his life. As it turns out, Kassady is being used in experiments conducted by Dr. Miles Warren to weaponize an alien symbiote that has been recovered from a crash site by their benefactor (OsCorp). Shit goes wrong, and Brock bonds with the original symbiote while Warren's "clone" bonds with Kassady.

Kassady becomes Carnage and essentially goes on a rampage, hellbent on toppling Manfredi's empire after Manfredi betrayed him. Brock grappes with the changes in his organism and a telepathlic link that allows him to sense what Carnage is up to.

Warren's assistant Ashley Kafka finds out about the whole thing. They fall in love as Ashley helps Brock overcome his issues and become Venom in order to stop Carnage while both are being hunted by both Warren and DeWolff.

Mac Gargan is featured as the leader of OsCorp's private military unit, armed with sound-based weaponry, and we also get Robbie Robertson as Brock's old editor at the Daily Goble, and Robbie Farrell as Brock's street-wise informant and friend who dies. Frankie Barrison also appears as Kassady's psycho junkie girlfriend, while Patrick Mulligan is featured as DeWolff's partner.

Spider-Man is not involved in the plot at all, but there's a passing reference to him. Just the bare minimum to establish that he might exist in that universe.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amy_Pascal
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shriek_(comics)
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Sounds pretty bad honestly. Why would a journalist break into Ravencroft?
Why is Venom the good guy?
Where is the horror

>Spider-Man spinoff
>Spider-Man might not even exist

the fuck is sony on?

It doesn't really sound like he's the good guy, more like the lesser of 2 evils. I don't think it sounds too bad. I bet there's a lot of good action sequences.

i like

So it's like any other capeshit origin story then?
>bad things happen to man
>man gets mutated
>man wants to kill other mutant
>gets forced love interest
>man defeats other mutant

100/100 rotten tomatoes

I was really hoping for Agent Vemom operatorkino.

This is so retarded that it's probably true.
T H A N K S A M Y !
H
A
N
K
S

A
M
Y
!

GIVE ME SOME OF THAT WEB ACTION

The Japanese have a proud tradition of killing themselves rather than allowing their enemies to defeat them.
Sony's going to cling onto the Spiderman property until it's ripped from their cold, dead hands by Disney. They'll make a mediocre Venom movie if it A) keeps them afloat a while longer and B) makes it so no other studio can make the movie.

>mfw

This shit is mainly Sony US, you idiot. We've even got the damn emails showing that it's the execs in US coming up with all these ideas.

>sony
into the trash it goes

I love Venom, and kind of glad he has his own movie. Hopefully this will be a win for DC!

>Daily Goble
too good for a simple typo

SOMEONE STOP HER

The Japanese don't seem to be all that involved with Sony's movie production side of things in America. From what see in interviews and the leaked emails, the retarded ideas all seem to from Pascal and co.

Obviously fake, but thats really not bad at all. Good job, OP.

this, Peter's highschool bully having joined the army and gone to Iraq and gotten his legs blown off and become an alcoholic like his abusive father was and given a second chance by being given the venom symbiote by the military that can turn into legs for him but he can't take all the horrible things they order him to do so he goes on the run with the only thing keeping him walking also trying to drive him to get black out drunk so it can take over and eat people is way more compelling than "I am le jealous of le spider-man" Eddie Brock who has been shitting up every media he's been in forever

although that's never happening even in the MCU since they made Flash some fat paki kid they'd never be able to pass as spec ops soldier

This sounds okay desu, but a Venom movie without any sort of ties to Spider-Man is an inherently terrible idea.

>Eddie Brock is still a disgraced journalist, but rather than the Sin Eater he was duped by Cleetus Kassady,

This is actually pretty smart and seems almost obvious in retrospect. Rather than having a throwaway character like the Sin-Eater, it's a good way to set up Kassady as an important figure while establishing Venom's origin. Sort of kill two birds with one stone.

>reads the rest of it

Nevermind this is fucking retarded

i would like to see spider man vs spider man

Sony congratulating themselves on their own professionalism gets me everytime

I can't believe half the stuff she is saying here

This is gonna be weird, since the reason Venom shoots webs and has a similar powerset to Spidey with some tech is because he originally bonded to Peter and learnt how to do it through him.
That's why Carnage is the weird body mod weaponry, since he bonded with a serial killer and that's what he needed.

I don't mind a different retelling tho, especially if they do it well.

>Venom vs. Tobey Maguire Spider-Man vs. Amazing Spider-Man in 2020

>2 billion on Sinister Six
W E W
E
W

>Spider-Man is not involved in the plot at all, but there's a passing reference to him. Just the bare minimum to establish that he might exist in that universe.

Nigga how do you make a movie about a spidey villain without spiderman

that's not eddy brock

>it's not topher grace
Dropped before I even picked it up

>"WE'RE NOT SO DIFFERENT, YOU AND I."
>it's the entire movie

Jesus Fucking Christ.

she's fucking retarded. her numbers are fucking retarded. the ideas all sound awful. they're so attached to keep andrew even though his movies sucked and also really want to get tobey back which i really doubt they could.

just fucking nonsense, is she like that stupid boss everyone hates but just won't get fired?

She probably has dirt on everybody. She was less than subtle about threatening people in her emails.

Is it The Thing with superheroes? If not, fuckoff

even then how do they listen to her and not just say that's terrible, no. like okay they can't fire her but don't let her walk in with this bullshit.

Because Hollywood is run by control freaks and the sycophants they surround themselves with. Check out Swimming With Sharks, supposedly the horrible, abusive shithead boss that Kevin Spacey plays was based on a real guy.

>Sinister 6 will break the 2 billion mark
>need 500 million on the next spider man to stay afloat
>offering Marvel 1.5 billion to get the Spiderman licence back
>we need to recast Toby Macguire!
>"""""""""convince"""""""" Raimi to return and write/direct
Jesus christ

>Sinister Six
>2 billion dollars
>achieved by more exciting and dramatic special "affects"

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHA

>Check out Swimming With Sharks
i will

>Jackal cloned the symbiote to make Carnage

I actually like it. I mean, I've got no idea how Warren would manage to clone the alien, but it's comics and it's his forte.

I don't understand, why would the Venom symbiote look like spider-Man's costume and emulate spider-man's powers if there's no connection to Spider-man?

side note, when I looked up "black spiderman" for pic related the first picture was of Miles Morales instead of this REEEE

It really speaks volumes how popular Spider-Man is that he has managed to endure people like Amy having sabotaging his franchise for the last literal decade.

A post reboot Spider-Man flick hasn't even reached S1 Billion and she seriously expected Sinister Six to make more than double that?!

Bring back Sam Raimi and Tobey Maguire after having just rebooted the franchise? What?!

And, for Spider-Man alone, charge Marvel more than it cost to buy Star Wars and Indiana Jones? Mind you that Marvel has always retained the merchandising rights to the character. How does this woman still have a job?

>Kassady becomes Carnage and essentially goes on a rampage, hellbent on toppling Manfredi's empire after Manfredi betrayed him

This is all I ever wanted to see: a hencheman acquiring superpowers and killing the mob boss thereby taking over the whole city. It's what I hoped Sandman would do in Spiderman 3

Isn't that kind of what Joker did in Batman '89?

Haha holy shit they're retarded.

>Not a horror movie in which a gang of hoodlums is stalked through the underbelly of Manhattan by Venom, each being killed off one by one

A better movie would've been Flash Venom(Jensen Ackles) being sent on a mission by the US government to go after and destroy the Carnage symbiote(Michael C Hall or Aiden Gillen)

Superpowers/ extraordinary abilities though, so the takeover is especially dramatic

Jim Carrey gotta be Kletus bra

Jim can be Jonathan Ohm(The Spot), who Carnage kidnaps and uses to teleport around places making it easier to kill victims. Mark Pellegrino would also appear as The Sentry.

>Toby Macguire and Andrew together = 2 billions in profit
How do these people end up in those positions?

>Andrew Garfield was practically days away from being set for life even with TASM2's failure
If only he didn't stiff the CEO or whatever.

By playing the corporation game. It has nothing to do with making good product, it's everything to do with kissing the right asses and crushing your opposition.

what did he do?

though i think marvel wanted him replaced no matter what. only his chick seems to wanted to keep him even if she lost emma stone.

also who in their right mind thought marvel would give them thor?

>How does this woman still have a job?

You even have to ask at this point?

journalists are literally caught lying these days. Brian Williams lied about some CRAZY ass shit and he is still on TV. The plot is not believable.

christ i want to kill myself after reading that.

as someone who has done super spartans and tough mudders, I don't know anyone that has thought it was "no big deal" as they cross the finish line and know for the next week their body will have aches they didn't realize they could have. such bullshit. the entire thing is bullshit. It's no wonder movies are so bland.

>84097933

>bad things happen to man
>man gets mutated
>uncle ben dies
>man wants to kill other mutant
>gets forced love interest
>man defeats other mutant

the perfect formula

Someone please explain me how retards like these get high paying positions and direct input on creative control.

Surely something else than nepotism is to blame for retarded shit like this.

They want a fucking $500 million dollar profit before making another Spider-man movie?
Fucking kikes

Oh did they backtrack on Carnage being a woman
good
would've been fuckin' dumb.

The only way for Venom vs. Carnage movie to work is a straight R-rating with horror elements, otherwise what's the point?

Dude... how does the symbiote gets spider powers if it never bonded with Spider-Man?

Or are they scrapping the spider side of Venom and he's just a symbiote like the other ones?

spidey snap is fucking cool

That's the kind of person Sony wants. Reminder that they immediately hired Tom Rothman as soon as he was fired from FOX for being the actual fucking devil and running the company into the dirt. He immediately replaced Pascall.

check the (((last names))), pal

What are you? 12 years old or something?

Try again, Pascall is european.

I love Topher, but he was a bad choice for Eddie.

He would have made a great Scorpion or Hobgoblin though.

what. the. fuck.

Nah, but I mean that those characters are like the epitomes of edginess, that's why they are popular. If you water this shit down, they'll lose all of their appeal to their audience

First time seeing the hacked sony emails?

Fucking hell she is bonkers. The ideas at 9AM are ridiculous, the astronomical numbers, jesus christ. Does anyone in their inner circle not read that and think "jesus what is this bitch on?"

That kid is right.

Carnage is basically: if you tell me to do something, I will do the opposite EDGY!!! If I tell myself to d something, I will also do the opposite because I'm a speshial snowflake of SUPEREDGINESS!!!

she even looks like a crazy cat lady

Are you an idiot, Carnage literally exists to be edgy venom.

>just a couple of rando thoughts from 35,000 LAX-JFK

>sound-based weaponry,
when will this meme die?

When your mom finally accepts that she can't sing for shit.

Carnage is a serial killer who makes his arms into sharp objects to kill people. Rated R is the only way this character works properly, faggor.

wow how did you know? I always beg her to shut fuck up, but she never does.

>2 billion dollars

Sheeeet :D Wtf were they thinking?

anyone???

Carnage is R-Rated character. Venom with PG-13 could work, but Carnage is too violent for PG-13.

Yet he became popular in a book meant for children.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amy_Pascal

>Pascal was born on March 25, 1958 in Los Angeles, California.[1] Her father, Anthony H. Pascal, was an economic researcher at the RAND Corporation who wrote about African American social inequality and the cost of AIDS.[1][2] Her mother, Barbara Pascal, was a librarian and owner of an art bookstore, Artworks.[1][2][3][4] Pascal attended Crossroads School in Santa Monica.[1][5] She then worked as a bookkeeper at Crossroads School while getting her international relations degree at UCLA.[1][5][3][6] She is Jewish

not children, it's literally meant for angsty teens
It's basically the same fanbase as ICP

The name, retard.

>a woman being depicted as having any character flaws
>in the current year
clearly you aren't a fan of modern media you problematic, sexist asshole.

You expect them to know that?

Be realistic. They have retards do their research for them and they chose what they want out of it.

Sony just doesn't understand or care. They'll do anything to shit out this movie without knowing the entire history of the symbiote, peter, brock etc.

Topher would have made a way better Spiderman than Tobey

Shriek>Carnage

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shriek_(comics)

That was the original idea for the movie, not a female Carnage. That came later. They wanted to build the movies up to Maximum Clonage by introducing characters. Carnage would have been introduced in the end of the movie that came before MM (but Cletus would have been in the movies before as a serial killer and Venom would have "killed" him as a fuck you to Spidey who let him live. That "death" would have made him become Carnage because a piece of the symbiote would have been stuck in him)

It was too ambitious an idea though.

*Maximum CARNAGE*

Fuck Maximum Clonage. That was the end of Spider-Man comics for me. It's such a sore spot that I made a Freudian.

This is actually a much more reasonable motivation for Brock.
It NEVER made any sense to me that Brock would blame Spider-Man for his career being ruined instead of the Sin-Eater or the compulsive confessor that gave him the fake story in the first place. It also didn't make much sense to me that he was fired, since in the real world reporters have done bigger screw-ups without getting fired.

Sony should just go full "Fuck It" and just adapt Spiderverse.

Not going to happen. They made Flash Thompson into a fat nerdy paki.

That was before army. The whole point of army is that ideally you stopped being a fatty after the training.