"Very early on Larry David wrote an episode where Elaine and Jerry go to Florida and Kramer and George are not in that...

>"Very early on Larry David wrote an episode where Elaine and Jerry go to Florida and Kramer and George are not in that episode"
>Jason Alexander had said to David "Look, I get it. But if you do that again, do it permanently. If you don’t need me to be here every week ... I’d just as soon go back home and do what I was doing."

Why was Jason Alexander such a whiny bitchboi. He was literally absent for one episode of Seinfeld and lost his shit. Worst character and actor on the show.

Other urls found in this thread:

nypost.com/2016/07/10/the-backstage-bickering-that-almost-brought-down-seinfeld/
news.com.au/entertainment/tv/flashback/why-jason-alexander-threatened-to-quit-seinfeld/news-story/94dcafd4c0a11472483932bbe9cdfcdc
youtube.com/watch?v=UTSdUOC8Kac
comediansincarsgettingcoffee.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

He is a bitchboi, but I disagree with your claim that he is the worst. Jerry is clearly the weakest character and actor.

You don't really know what conditions he said that under. We've all said stupid shit before when stressed or worried.

Jason Alexander is an actor is why. He's not a comedian. He's very image conscious and success driven. Jerry and Larry were just comedians who also happened to be extremely funny. I don't think success was ever their intention.

No, George is easily the best character on the show. All the detail Jason put into playing George makes him god-tier.

he probably didn't want it to end up a romance show like friends or w/e

What was he doing before?

He probably didn't get paid for that one episode.

idk sounds pretty alpha

Being a little bitch.

just look at OP's pic

That's the thing about sitcoms; all it took back in the day was to disappear for a week to be removed from the lineup. Jason Alexander probably wanted the more frequent paycheck of network tv, and didn't want to be dicked around.

Watch the making of Seinfeld, you are correct.

Opera

>Jerry is clearly the weakest character and actor.
is this bait? george is def the weakest actor.

kramer > elaine > newman > jerry

but jerry was outshined only by the best of the best

It's called a power play, obviously Larry wouldn't write out George

>shows up to work
>doesn't actually need to do anything
>pissed about wasting a week

holy fuck ur a pleb

Haha about which part?

this is bait

He was an architect.

He probably helped save and shape the show by saying that.

jason's acting is superb man. he's a fantastic actor.

you

writing his book about acting

import and export

You're an idiot. Jerry is by far the worst part of the show. You could've replaced him with a broom and the quality of the show wouldn't decline.

kys subhuman scum

>literally no source for this

stop

how about the NY post faggot
nypost.com/2016/07/10/the-backstage-bickering-that-almost-brought-down-seinfeld/

Marine biologist

>literally a fake source

bait a little harder next time

>newman > jerry

>elaine > newman

New York Times is the fake news outlet, goober

>kramer > elaine

What the hell was her problem?
That is literally assault and destruction of property.

GEORGE IS GETTIN' UPSET!

>the NY faggot backstage

Cause George is too poor to litigate

She didn't like that thing.
And that's what she did to it.

Childhood is idolizing Kramer
Adulthood is realizing Costanza makes more sense

You're both idiots, and the show wouldn't work without Jerry or George. Elaine and Kramer are both funny (it's George > Jerry > Elaine > Kramer btw) but ultimately superfluous.

He has huge academical background, deal with it

Jerry existing was integral to the way the show worked, even if he wasn't the funny one

real estate

George was what made the show. EVERYONE can relate to George, even if they don't want to admit it. That's what made him so good.

Kramer was reddit personified and occasionally made for a good joke, but wasn't really able to carry an episode. Elaine was average, maybe women relate to her more I don't know. Jerry was just there.

I heard he was working on the empire state building

Post kramers

Cause hes a jew

This dude is the sinister from inside out (笑´・艸・)

haven't done anyone else's. Might work on it though

I hear he was working for a baseball team.

He just had so much on his plate with his many other jobs like appearing in pretty woman several years before that he didn't need the arseache m8, what's to understand?

>Jay Scott Greenspan (born September 23, 1959), known by his stage name Jason Alexander

Full article gives a lot more context

news.com.au/entertainment/tv/flashback/why-jason-alexander-threatened-to-quit-seinfeld/news-story/94dcafd4c0a11472483932bbe9cdfcdc

>The actor who played George Costanza was frustrated by the storyline of an episode in the show’s second season and told co-creator Larry David that he might walk away.

>“Very early on Larry wrote an episode where Elaine and Jerry go to Florida and Kramer and George are not in that episode,” Alexander said to Access Hollywood.

>“And when Seinfeld started I had a very successful career in the theatre in New York which is what I thought I was going to be doing all my life. So when I was written out of an episode I came back the next week and I said to Larry, ‘Look, I get it. But if you do that again, do it permanently. If you don’t need me to be here every week ... I’d just as soon go back home and do what I was doing’.”

>Luckily, Larry David took the feedback on board.

>“He freaked out,” Alexander said of David’s reaction, “and then he did it and thank god he didn’t say, ‘take a hike’”.
Seinfeld is now considered one of the greatest TV shows in history, but Alexander admitted it wasn’t until an episode in season four that the actors knew they were onto a good thing.

>“The Contest [an episode where the four main characters bet to see who can go the longest without pleasuring themselves] ... I think that was the marker where we went, ‘I think we have some job security for a while’”, he said.

Jerry's shitty acting is the joke, dumbass. A braindead moron would've picked up on that the first time Jerry tried to yell.

This is an alpha move that paid off. Not defending Alexander as an actor but he did have the spibe to call out his superiors.

SPINE*

I believe they discuss this on the commentary track.

I agree. He let it slide once but made sure it wasn't going to set a precedent. He handled it pretty well.

Industrial smoothing.

is over there drmupfkin

>2017
>not keeping your beef hot and the cool crisp
ISHYGGDT
youtube.com/watch?v=UTSdUOC8Kac

is george being a burger salesmen canon?

baneposting on Sup Forums

The new addition to the Guggenheim

((()))

George and Kramer carried nearly every episode.

cocaine is helluva drug

>ywn go back to the 90s or in your imagination where McDonalds burgers tasted good and didnt taste like the dullest tasteless shit out

The quarter pounder just tastes like salt and the bigmac tastes like bread and bigmac sauce

I guess the bigmac sauce itself is still good, but fuck me, whatever was good about mcdonalds is either gone or my tastebuds changed drastically

>Why was Jason Alexander such a whiny bitchboi

Because you forget a line from that interview:

>And when Seinfeld started I had a very successful career in the theatre in New York which is what I thought I was going to be doing all my life.

It was only the second season, and Seinfeld had only just started to actually take off. If not being in episodes was going to be a continuous thing, he would make more money if he quit the show and went back to New York.

/reddit/ tier garbage

K Y S

Y

S

He had just won a Tony award when he was just starting working on Seinfeld.

>Jerry's shitty acting is the joke,

I don't think it's the joke. Just something that there was no way around, that ended up being charming.

I kek'd hard in that one episode where he imitates Kramer. Precisely because of how bad it is.

If you watch the Seinfeld bloopers, Jason Alexander never gets angry when the other actors mess up. At one point he even says something like "I don't care, I get payed by the minute."

No black women. Jews dont have to do it.

>Jason still appears in things to this day

>Jerry and Michael are not and have not for a while

Guess his attitude worked out in the end

That episode sucks balls too. The stupid convertible sofa joke. The stupid pen joke. The stupid it's old people like their home hot joke. STELLA, STELLA!

He was a "villain" in the movie Pretty Woman.

So he got pissed that he came into work only to find out they didn't need him for that week? Sounds like a perfectly normal reaction to me. I don't get your issue at all, OP.

Jerry was just the normal guy of the show. He didn't really have a gimmick like everyone else and did not really d much but be the regular one who witnessed all the nonsense that happened around him every week.

There was just nothing to like or hate about him but he was probably the least defined character on the show since he never evolved or did anything. He mostly played a slightly more idealized version of himself doing his thing while funnier people were doing wacky stuff all around him.

This.

George was Seinfeld's glue. He started to suck when Susan was around though.

not sure how his pay was structured, but if he got paid per episode that'd be reason enough to be pissy

>secretly alpha

Excuse me? Jerry not working?

Guess you have not seen this comedy kino comediansincarsgettingcoffee.com/

this is not the face of a subpar actor

This faggot goes to the same barber as me, every time he's in there he makes a joke about wanting the barber to add hair. It stopped being funny the second time.

>wanting the barber to add hair
classic George

seinfeld marathon going on at the sup/tv/ site

Stop shilling your board, shitposter.

Latex salesman

What a coincidence, in the thirty mile zone, you so happen to have been in the same barbershop at the same time, on several occasions no less, as Jason Alexander.

Costanza made the show though

>kramer
it took some strong acting to hide his racism

wtf happened to george? he looks like a tranny now

I don't think I could watch this piece of shit show even if I were a fan of Seinfeld

also
>spends literally half a day with Chris Rock and he gets in trouble with the police
like pottery

kramer is funny in doses but as I keep watching I keep wishing that he had been more of a side character

whenever he's in a scene it turns into him fumbling around and the audience hooting and hollering