Who will win?

Who will win?

Borg Cube vs Death Star

Star Trek vs Star Wars general

With no prep time, the Death Star will obliterate the cube in one shot.

If the Borg knew about the Death Star in advance, even if only a couple of minutes or a wasted shot, the Borg will become impervious and then will take the DS over.

Star Wars fans could beat the shit out of fat Star Trek nerds. GTFO wit this stupid ass shit

Pretty much this, but even with prep time, it takes several losses before the Borg are able to adapt. They have to experience those losses before they can do anything about it.

Actually, I would go even farther than this. Even though it is not stated (to my recollection), I doubt the Borg could absorb the amount of energy that comes out of the death star, even after they adapt. Adaptation also doesn't protect against collateral damage, such as destroying a planet the Borg live on.

Bleh, and one more thing; Cubes don't absorb damage, they regenerate it at an increasing pace. Considering the power of the death star, and assuming they could charge and fire it whenever they want, Cubes wouldn't be able to prevent the damage considering it can destroy planets instantly, something even the Borg can't do.

Unicron.

There is always the possibility that the weapon simply pokes a clean hole through to the other side of the cube. Planets may only explode because of the super-heating effect on the planet core.

Since the death star has no defenses against teleporters even if the borg cube is destroyed the damn death star all its people and its technology gets assimilated regardless.

Good point, but then you have to consider the size of the Cube in relation to the death star and the beam it produces.

Death Star 1; 140 and 160 kilometers.
Death Star 2; 160 to 900 kilometers.
Borg Cube; 3 kilometers.

The size of the DS isn't really as much of the issue as the width of the beam it. It's pretty narrow, and kinda has to be narrow to do its job.

That's assuming a Cube could even get close enough to beam any drones aboard. A single cube just wouldn't be able to do anything. Several cubes, maybe.

Looking at the picture, it's hard to tell how large the beam is, especially if the second death star (pictured) is on the higher end of the size estimation. If it's 900 kilometers, even at 1% of the size, it's still 3 times larger than a cube at 9 kilometers.

they have a little thing called shields in the Trek universe bro. It would survive the first shot, scan the death star and find its glaring weakness and destroy it in about 10 seconds

Here is another reference. This is a Mon Calamari Liberty Star Cruiser. They are 1.2 kilometers in length.

Hey faggot you stole my thread idea

A weapon that can destroy a planet, is a complete shield buster, even against something from the Star Trek universe. It may be the only weapon in Star Wars with that kind of power, but it has it.

why a cube though when a hexagon is proven to be the most efficient shape? Shouldn't the borg have figured this out?

Borg Cube fucking easily. Not even a competition. Death star takes 24 hours to charge before a shot. 24 hours. Think about it. The borg cube would just move the side once the laser was being shot. No fucking way the Death Star could be calibrated and re-positioned for targeting while the lasers are visible.

Death star is absolutely massive but the Borg would fuck the shit out of the gay wars ship.

Because Borg Hexagon doesn't sound nearly as intimidating.

Because you're thinking in two dimensions.

That's because star wars is for normies,
and it's a nuscifi

>Death star takes 24 hours to charge before a shot
Wut? Where the hell is this said?

They did figure it out.

>Death star takes 24 hours to charge before a shot. 24 hours
Negative. Death Star 2 fires several blasts at rebel ships within a span of a few minutes. The initial blast to destroy Dantooine was likely just a warm up and test firing.

>2

No need to move the goalposts. Death Star is shit and Star Wars is shit.

>nuscifi
It's called science fantasy dipshit. Nobody cares how super duper Sci Fi your precious Star Trek is, it's still fucking retarded in a lot of regards just like star wars.

His ass.

They are the same thing, really.

Why are you in this thread if you're only here to bash star wars for no good reason?
Did George Lucas kill your parents or something?

The borg would just trade coffee with Janeway for information how to destroy the death star. If they throw in some choco lattes she would do it herself

Just telling the truth. I make no apologies for your sensitive feelings being injured.

I would have liked to see an argument about something more evenly related, like The Dominion vs. The Borg.

Can borg use the Reed canons? I think they are more powerful than the deathstar (considering that with 1% power they destroyed a mountain bigger than Mars's moons

1 vs 1 a death star easily wins. But the borgs power is in therr number. There are trillions of those fuckers

The Lexx

Death Star would win, even the Enterprise (any of them if they've got a heroic-level crew like on the shows) would have a better chance at winning. Borg may be more technologically advanced than humans but I don't think it's in their character to adapt their defenses against an attack until they've already experienced it.

There is a discussion on Reddit about something similar. The argument is that Species 8472 overwhelmed the Borg with superior firepower and immunity to assimilation. It proves that the Borg do have a weakness, and that is superior firepower (shown by 9 ships combining power to destroy a planet). Basically, the Death Star is the same thing, but instead is a single ship.

Eh, I don't think the Borg would be able to do anything.

That was one crazy overpowered plot device.
>Now singing the Brunnen-G Battle Hymn.

Yeah, but they tried to assimilate 8472, so that means that they captured one therefore they could overwhelm them. People in Star Wars are just ordinary people, so they could be easily assimilated

Yooo weyy yoo

Home va ray

Maybe if they could mass produce vibroblades and train groups of counter-borg melee fighters that the borg can't assimilate against (I'm assuming they can't assimilate their shields against swords)

>Brunnen-G song is the song they sang when they were leaving to certain death in battle.
>Basically an alien version of Goodbye My Coney Island Baby.

HUH??? So unintelligible & stupid....... They would murder a boy like you...

Pretty obvious.... One does not have to think much on how the borg has tha edge......... Even when Star Wars is nicer and had tha (big) money... etc...

Assimilate:make it borg
Adapt: develop a counter technology.
The 8472s immune because they are from a different realm, so it seams pretty impossible to make artificially.
Even if they make blades that can cut through borgs they need to get close to use it, but than they would be assimilated

I doubt the ds can move fast. It's a good weapon against planets but a small ship would just move out of the way

I don't recall ever seeing a borg ship try to dodge something. They don't even throw up shields until something has already gotten a free shot in on them.

I think that's because they never came across with anything that can blow up planets. They detect the massive energy buildup and know it would kill them.

Wait I think 8472 could blow up planets, so they know they can't withstand the laser

Think about all the ships that got wrecked at the beginning of First Contact or in the Locutus episodes. It took less to kill the Death Star (both).

Now imagine those against Star Wars ships. Trek would probably win, so just translate the Borg cube winning this as a rock paper scissors match,

Every Trek vessel has a full power edge over any Wars vessel, however, that one gun that the Death Star has is so absurd that it could wreck any ship from either universe. It would only get one shot, but it would be a big one.

Ok, what about

Super Star Destroyer vs. Sovereign-class starship

Almost any Enterprise would rape any Star Destroyer. Any Enterprise from TOS forward anyhow.

Really only the Death Star stands any chance at all, and it only gets one shot.

But the Enterprise only has one laser and some torpedos. Star Destroyers fire hundreds of lasers, at least, and carry a fleet of fighter ships.

The Enterprise has enough firepower to sterilize the surface of a planet. It was simply written that big. Their shields were made to laugh at lasers, so shooting more at them will only make a prettier rock concert. They have narrowly shrugged off atom bombs.

Hey guys. I had a question. Can the Borg ever adapt to physical attacks, such as bullets and melee attacks? In First Contact, Picard used the Thompson and I'm not sure if he ran out of bullets or they adapted.

He basically surprised them. They don't shield themselves until after you get a free shot. Blocking projectiles is easy otherwise.

If those Imperials struggle against a gang of ragtag rebels, imagine what a shipful of Federation engineers would do to them.

Even that is overkill. One dude with a hand phaser could beam over and melt the fucking walls down.

Thanks. So a Ninja would only get so far so to speak? Each attack or tool becoming useless soon after.

Symbolism

Kinda, yeah. You last as long as you can keep changing things up.

What if that guy with the phaser wears a red shirt?

At this point it doesn't make sense to compare Star Wars to Star Trek. They have become literally the same.

>It makes no sense to compare similar things

Wew lad

Both of them are powerless against the Deadalus from stargate. Especially if it's powered by a zpm

They have shields in Star Wars, too.

A shield isn't going to prevent a full on blast from the Death Star.

But a mirror might

good point. It would have to be a starship commander doing the phasering. Would still totally work.

>It would have to be a starship commander
or come to think of it, any other character with suitable plot armor, like the resident android/vulcan/hologram