My favorite director is stanley kubrick

>my favorite director is stanley kubrick

what's wrong with that?

good taste frogman

Look at that frog's gaming laptop, haha. You must be dumb as a that frog if you like Cubrique

I also like Altman, is he bad too?

and who's a good director anyway? Gimme two

Tarkovsky and his spiritual successor Snyder

>Wes Anderson
>George Lucas

He's a talentless hack

Tarkovsky hated cheap and lazy symbolism/allegories and Snyder constantly pulls this shit in all of his flicks

>Peter Jackson
>Guillermo del Taco

>my favorite director is quentin tarantino

I LOVE NOLAN

most people's favourite directors are guys like Nolan, but for some reason snobs always hate on the 95th percentile rather than on all the rank and file creators

wew lads

At least put Bunuel there or something, elves and dwarves and cheap space japanese knockoffs so deep

This is the only meme I can get behind.

james cameron
james cameron

What reaction is this picture supposed to convey

kubrick is one of the goats, his movies sit among the highest ranked, deservedly so. he's a valid choice as favorite. The only "people" who disagree are a small colony of internet virgins who thrive off of being abnormal.

>my favorite director is Wes Anderson

The fact that so many people still name Stanley Kubrick as the greatest or most significant or most influential director ever only tells you how far film still is from becoming a serious art.

Contemporary film makers never spoke highly of Kubrick, and for good reason. They could never figure out why his movies should be regarded more highly than their own. They knew that Kubrick was simply lucky to become a folk phenomenon (thanks to the Space Race, which had nothing to do with his film making merits). That phenomenon kept alive interest in his (mediocre) films to this day.

Kubrick sold a lot of copies of his films not because he was the greatest director but simply because his films were easy to sell to the masses they had no difficult content, they had no technical innovations, they had no creative depth. He shot a bunch of catchy 3-minute scenes with some decent cinematography. If somebody had not invented the Space Race in 1957, you would not have wasted your time reading this post about such a trivial director.

this is dumber then the Harry Potter pasta.

Pls go Scaruffi

Sure thing kid, keep defending your meme director.

whatever, retard.

>I have a favourite director

My fav director is Danny D.

>holy shit a ring space station!
>wow tables and chairs in a space station!
>oh shit they're watching tv while in a space station!
>damn 2 people in space wearing a spacesuits
Scenes like these should never be filmed again because is just so tacky copying other people. WHAT A FUCKING HACK!

Wow great argument fagtron you sure convinced me with those hot opinions.

>My favorite movie is from 2011

>They could never figure out why his movies should be regarded more highly than their own
they're probably shit