FMG SWG

For the directors, editors, writers, color graders, gaffers, cameramen, electricians, caterers, runners, coffee-go-getters, the homeless and the hopeless.

The sun is staying up till late, lots of filming hours in the day. Whats everyone working on.

Other urls found in this thread:

zeemaps.com/map?group=2587318&add=1
drive.google.com/open?id=1X5PJ0WX0VGBbNPkKb16I_0LlAGoAgG9VE5OUC5qa7eA
drive.google.com/open?id=0B7jvPIKsGuOFdWZGQUpfNE5tLVE
docs.google.com/document/d/1TLcSsnAVu-FNE3yFVR3wLkJhrSRtvxwQ6N3FEqZv0D0/edit?usp=drivesdk
youtube.com/watch?v=qInlVSEKL-Y&t=251s
youtube.com/watch?v=78jMP1YTFjo&ts
youtube.com/watch?v=_ZaUTm33TpU&t
youtube.com/watch?v=29wXfMrC3BI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Post some demoreeels, work in progress or finished shizzle.

>It's easy to make some short films user. You just need a camera and a few friends. : )

>You can rent a decent camera for 10 to 30 euros a day.
>Working with friends...

You don't work with friends the atmosphere is to much fucking around to seriously do something. Get starters and amateurs. Provide food on the set and make sure they get their travel expenses covered and you are good to go.

Bump

Be making movie but want to finish important film book first, must read more

I wonder what the reddit film makers club is like

Which book?

Film Technique

Any good? Sounds a bit broad and general.

It's meant to be the best, it is quite good.

How about we try filling up this map.
zeemaps.com/map?group=2587318&add=1

See if you can meet up people to make stuff with.

>doesn't even put self on the map

FMG is dead

We can reboot it, just like all the major blockbusters

FMG might be dead... but Neon Blades lives.

What's wrong with me boys?

I have thousands of dollars worth of equipment and all the crew I need to make something but I just can't be bothered to do it. There is no motivation or anything.

What do?

give me your stuff and we make the best movie ever made... Neon Blades.

Realise you don't actually want to make films and donate your equipment to FMG.

What equipment you got?

Ill give it a check then.

Americafags waking up. Post some shit

You might be a good director and a shitty writer. Pair up with a writer.

>move city
>no longer surrounded by friends with free time to star in my shit for free
>feelings of dread
>everything sucks

we all gotta grow up at some point.

I'd kill to have a crew willing to stand behind me so confidently
To each their own

Ye wel you need to build that. Doesn't come out of nowhere. Help on some small sets for free and talk to them, when you are ready to shoot you can ask for the return favor.

Added.

OKAY guys read my script I'm tryna get better at comedy

Post it.

Not bad, needs more references to something obscure. Also, try adding some physical aspects to make it something distinguished from radio plays

drive.google.com/open?id=1X5PJ0WX0VGBbNPkKb16I_0LlAGoAgG9VE5OUC5qa7eA

Well first off, the formatting is something you should be working on in tandem with developing your actual writing.
I can't quite tell whether it's meant to be a stage-play or a film. I'm assuming it's a film.
On top of that, it will make it easier on the eyes if you follow standard formatting for scripts as well making the different types of information clearer.
One minor issue that really jumps out at the start for me is you writing "Int. Mid-day. " and nothing else.
All you've told us is that they're inside and it's mid-day. You should specify where they are with the key information "e.g. The Throne Room. Int. Mid-day." and then elaborate a little bit on that in the descriptive text and set the scene.
Are they in a crowded room at a party? Are they alone in the King's chambers? Is this conversation happening at an Alcoholic's Anonymous meeting? You should try to set the scene a little more.

As far as the actual content goes, I don't have as much to say that's specific.
Is this meant to be the beginning/entirety of a sketch/short film or is this just an excerpt from a longer piece?
The contrast of Shakespeare and modern-day vulgarity is a tried and true comedic premise. Hamlet's letter was a nice touch in flipping that idea back for comic effect. I did like that.

There were two things that really stood out to me as needing to be fixed.
Ophelia has a very inconsistent voice. Sometimes she's got a very prim and proper way of speaking and sometimes she's speaking in more a drawling/colloquial tone. Sometimes she drops her g's and sometimes she doesn't.
The other thing that stands out as possibly needing work is Polonious's big speech. You might want to try breaking it up. Even just a "But I--" from Claudius while Polonious keeps on talking would help.

As a whole, I didn't think it was very funny but that criticism comes from my personal taste in comedy.

I shot this in a day with my girlfriend and our friend. I didn't cut it until a few days ago and finally I'm going to post it. We plan on doing a cover of the song and replacing it, but this is the copyright unfriendly cut:

drive.google.com/open?id=0B7jvPIKsGuOFdWZGQUpfNE5tLVE

you know you're still violating copyright if you cover the song since you don't have the rights to it right?

I mean if you posted yo fuckin script here to be critiqued you better read the critique

I mean, yeah but it won't get killed

If you're the person who was asking people to read your script then yes, I would expect you to read it.

It's a short I wrote the night before it was due for my high school English class.
Ophelia's supposed to have a southern accent.

Something a few buddies of mine are writing, with me part of the production team. We're planning on making a web series based upon it. Questions, comments?
docs.google.com/document/d/1TLcSsnAVu-FNE3yFVR3wLkJhrSRtvxwQ6N3FEqZv0D0/edit?usp=drivesdk

>Ophelia's supposed to have a southern accent.
See, that only comes through partially. It's very inconsistent.

Also, how old are you?

18, why?

Try the Skype, the thread is bit to fleeting to get solid feedback.

I don't have Skype.

Oh well that sucks.

Are you the guy who posted the script? If so, I'd be happy to give you a more succinct commentary.

sure. wait, does succinct just mean shorter?
Not necessary, I was just fucking around.

Put your screenplay in the correct format.

I recommend just making the movie and then many more movies and never reading from the book again

why did you make ophelia black lmao

I'm just getting frustrated, man. I can't organize to save my damn life, and as of right now my ideas stretch way beyond my ability. Can't even organize a simple concept test for bullet squibs without everyone bailing because "Oh I forgot I had a fucking dentist appointment" or "My work's fucking me up that day"

I just want to make dumb gun-fu action, man. I spend so much time studying and critiquing every movie I come across, I want to put my ass to the test.

I made everyone black.

yeah nobody wants to watch Hamlet meets Madea

Had a bit of a kek, good work. Usually this type of gag wears on me after a while but the bizarre editing in the sex scene sold me. Reminded me of the opening from Apocalypse Now.

Reminds me of some shit I did back in HS, right down to some of the names. You can see what that ended up becoming right here: youtube.com/watch?v=qInlVSEKL-Y&t=251s

As such I have a lot of the same problems. Something about that style of writing feels really stilted, like you can feel that it was being written instead of actual characters saying it. Try and think your characters through, make them real distinct. That way their interactions feel a little more natural.

Also, the formatting's fuckin' weird.

What do we all think of Rebel Without A Crew?

I got it a couple months ago, and I absolutely fucking loved it.

I refuse to let this thread die

How do I find movies to PA on? I'll literally work for free, I just want to get my foot in the door.

Pinned.
Come on faggots, pin yourselves.

my recent garbage
youtube.com/watch?v=78jMP1YTFjo&ts

youtube.com/watch?v=_ZaUTm33TpU&t

youtube.com/watch?v=29wXfMrC3BI

Seconding this question.

Seems especially difficult since I live in Bumfuck Nowhere, Indiana.

I've seen you post before. Third one is great.

>Nobody ITT is American

thanks man. working right now biggest one yet, biggest since silent era

Join the FB group "I need a PA"

I've gotten tons of payed work. It's all over the country work. I started working from Alabama

on*

here

actually you dont even need friends to make a decent short film, just a camera and some free time, if i can do it anyone can do it

I can't drive.

That is half of what being a PA is, learn to drive.