Study says spanking is child abuse, links to mental health problems

Is spanking healthy for a child's development? A new study published by the American Psychological Association disagrees and says it's child abuse.

bostonglobe.com/lifestyle/2016/04/27/study-spanking-nearly-detrimental-abuse/X44bY3WymbVSv9LSRrKLWL/story.html

psycnet.apa.org/index.cfm?fa=buy.optionToBuy&uid=2016-17153-001

Other urls found in this thread:

cnn.com/2011/11/09/world/sweden-punishment-ban/
youtu.be/BdoU02icA0E
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Compulsory_sterilisation_in_Sweden
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

its a load of shit retard

They also say that gender dysphoria isn't a mental illness despite lots of research pointing that it is, and the fact that it's treatable with anti-schizoid medication

I don't care what some study shows, the bible says 'he that spareth his rod hateth his son: but he that loveth him chastenth him betimes.'

FACT: anyone who was brought up without being spanked turned into a raging liberal moonbat pussy.

wtf i hate studies now

Do you believe that verse was meant to be taken literally and not figuratively?

It's generally a problem if you're at the point where you can't convince your kid to listen to you, without physically motivating them. But the people having the kids are genetically trash, and feed their children neurotoxins, so the child only knows how to express themselves by running around screaming and demands reparations for his existence like candy or video games. And beating them won't help because the child, too, is trash. So might as well let them exist and fill a position they're barely qualified for in the future, and die early of cancer, than render them criminally insane for being beaten for something when their addled brain allows them to only barely understand what they've done wrong.

>

> studies say

I've got 2 carebear neighbours whose kids are screaming non-stop.

If you want to tell me that these little shits are mentally stable, I'd slap you along with their parents.

>studies

Millions of years of evolution dictate that, for survival's sake, sometimes a kid needs their ass beat. You should see how a mother wolf disciplines her cubs when they stray.

It depends. Reason severity, hit power, hitting place, surroundings...
To be honest, my parents never hit my butt. If i behaved really bad, batya would strongly slap the back of my head. But my ass - never, because it's fucking gay.

Yeah, because the "everybody is a winner / your actions have no consequences" child rearing method has nothing to do with the widespread special snowflake pussies.

Weak parents are responsible for not teaching their kids the difference between equality of opportunities and outcome and other key values hence the entitled, retarded SJW views on just about everything.

Good parenting means providing both incentives and deterrents to steer the child's development towards becoming a functional, self-reliant adult and not an entitled brat.

Used in moderation, spanking or slapping a child is a perfectly appropriate response to correct bad behavior.

T. Bible thumper

I don't want to believe this. I really do not want to believe this.

>But my ass - never, because it's fucking gay.

I kind of agree there. Involving weird BDSM assplay in your parenting methods is creepy as fuck, especially when slaps to the face or on the back of the head are just as effective.

Haha, a look or word straightened us out, but if we hurt someone else we had a belt smack across the back of the legs (never injure a child's head) but it was nothing. A child's felings get hurt more than anything, but they get over it. A disciplined child knows it is loved, an abused child does not. There is a major difference between discipline and bitter cruelty.

My dominatrix said this was bullshit, then put my ball-gag in and punished me for speaking without permission.

[citation needed]

muh economic disparities!
muh systemic raycissm!

Stef pls go

I spank my waifu when she's naughty, and she's just fine.

Hitting legs with belt is ineffective, and i can't call my pops' parenting methods an abuse.
But hell if i know, maybe you westeners are more sensitive.

Obviously not.
I'm advocating spanking, but I think what's being communicated throughout proverbs is discipline ranging from pointing out improper behavior, to the use of corporal punishment.
A literal rod to whack them with isn't necessarily needed.

>Withhold not correction from the child: for if thou beatest him with the rod, he shall not die.
The idea here is that discipline helps the child to live a full life; if he dies (prematurely), it would be a consequence of not being trained. In Proverbs such a death might be moral and social as well as physical.

There's nothing inherently sexual about asses, you're just projecting your own strange inclinations onto it.

Sorry, it was Proverbs 13:24

Spanking is deivant.
Slaps are better.

>The campaign against spanking is actually a conspiracy to turn white race's children into coddled, spoiled babbies to weaken them.

no, not that bible bullshit, but that """FACT"""

Were you spanked, user?

My parents spanked me but also beat the shit out of me for very petty things. Im also on Sup Forums so i guess that yea them beating the shit out of me fucked me in the head

Not condemning your pops, just mine wouldn't hit in the head. My Grandmother lost it on my Mom once and she ended up with abcessed teeth from impact.

Yes goy do not teach your children consequence and responsibility or they will become mentally SUCCESFUL (OYYY VEYYY!!)

>spanking is child abuse
>choping off their genitals is progress

Do they differentiate between degrees of spanking? Or are there some kids who were spanked raw for leaving the fridge door open out there skewing the results?

Sometimes its the only way to establish that the kid is to never do it again.

When I was 7 this 12yo kid and I started a fire next to two big propane tanks behind the apartment complex storage units. My mom caught us in the act and beat the shit out of me. I'm mentally stable 20 years later although I did like to burn animals I had killed with a bb gun during my teens.

Here you go:
cnn.com/2011/11/09/world/sweden-punishment-ban/

There's literally no reason to ever hit a child unless its somehow threatening someone's life.

>Violence against people who cannot defend themselves is wrong but I will use it on you to teach you what's good

Wow, really made me think...

Nobody trusts Clinton News Network but morons and I don't feed them.
It's always fun to expose their bullshit lib bias, though

youtu.be/BdoU02icA0E

It's another one of these weird fetish threads.

As usual, only burgers will defend spanking.

>A new study
They've been saying this for years and years already. Money well spent. BAKA.
Fun fact: nobody hits their kids as much as niggers, so ...

If I'm lucky enough to get a daughter I'm gonna slap that ass Til they say she requests a restraining order.

The only thing you really needed to glean from the article was the headline:

In Sweden, a generation of kids who've never been spanked.

No shit it does
I don't beat my vcr when it doesn't do my dishes, why would I do it to my kid?

It's almost as if your VCR doesn't need to respect you or learn there are consequences for its actions.

My parents usually only threatened me with spankings and I thought it was worse

Doesn't have to be spanking. Discipline is what's needed. Since libs brainwashed the masses to abandon discipline (thanks a lot, Dr. Spock) and make excuses for Little Angel's bad behavoir, society has declined to the point where the Pussy Generation thinks they have a right to occupy bridges and shut down traffic. Spoiled punks with no empathy who only care about themselves.

>Bible thumper

My pops was a Buddhist, but he still put a whoopin on my ass when I fucked up. You can't just tell a kid "no you can't do that" because they won't expect consequences. But when you give that little shit the belt, they'll learn what's coming when they fuck up. Simple as that.

My parents beat the hell out of me and now i'm a good boy.
If they don't i probably shit on them at this age or become a fag

I was never hit or spanked and I'm perfectly adjusted. If you're not a retard you don't need to beat your child. Why the fuck do people defend hitting your kid? It is abuse. It's literally the most nigger thing you can do to your kid.

Yep. I've seen idiots who would let their kid stick a knife into an electric outlet rather than swat their hand away. I no longer associate with such folks.

This, If one can not find a better way to discipline their children.
Then they should never had children in the first place.
White trash and niggers should be sterilized in my book.

Old man here

For the past several decades, I've heard

>spanking bad
>everyone gets a trophy good

and every time, someone retorts with

>real world isn't so gracious
>they won't be able to compete

Well, here we are. I guess we figured out who was right

Pic related

>bible: beat your child
>fool: yeah but isn't that figurative?

I got spanked. I shitpost on pol. Case closed

Might want to rethink that.
You hate someone who might just lightly swat a child in its terrible twos enough that you'd endorse forced sterilizations by the State? Maybe take away their existing children and put them down since foster care is dangerous? Hmm

Garbage ,it depends on the child's character which is moulded by the parent unless they are retarded . Kids are like dogs, no such thing as a bad dog just bad owners .If you are a shitty parent you are likely to have shitty kids.

russians don't spank?

>spanking children is bad
>shooting children like trayvon and Tamir is fine tho

I've never been spanked and I hate niggers.

Chasten != beat

Spanking is gay, head slaps rule.

Spanking is for pussies. Beat them until you see bare bones and meat.

Great answer! I've trained dogs for people with no patience who thought their dogs were stupid. Patience and consistency, that's the key.

Niggers are sterilized because of obvious reasons.
Degenerates aka white-trash are also sterilized to prevent them from getting children.
Children whom have unsuitable parents will be placed in foster families.
I also want to sterilize prosititutes and others from having children.
As we did in Sweden back in the days.
>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Compulsory_sterilisation_in_Sweden

She is so sexy pls post more

Got spanked, and I only hurt other people, so I don't see a problem.

Define mental health problems because the same ''''''''experts''''''' claim that trannies aren't mentally ill.

Heh, foster care is where most abuse occurs.
Again, there's a difference between discipline and cruelty. You don't seem to understand this.

>niggers are low IQ and uncivilised
>niggers spank their children
>"See goy! If you raise your children right their IQ will be 80 and they'll be criminals!"

White families spanking
>le slap on the bottom xdd!

Asian families spanking
>belts
>pans
>golf club

Its fucking awful. Also way to guarantee that your children will fucking hate you and resent you as soon as they reach 13.

Let's hope you're talking about the mom.

Explain me this meme? What does "t. shit" mean?

t. vitgin and shit. Tips?

Plebs beat their children of course, usually when drunk. But that weird ritualized spanking thing - I don't even.

It's from reddit

> there's a difference between discipline and cruelty.
Spanking your children is borderline cruelty, Unless they really really really deserved to be spanked.
I belive there is better ways to discipline children than spanking.
But then again it comes down to scenario and why they need to be disciplined.

it's like "signed, ______"

if you quote it at someone's post like like
>t. homosexual
you're implying that the post you're replying to's author loves the cock.
or you can sign your own like this:

t. helpful person

If you were EVER spanked by your parents you're a pussy cuckold slave.

If my parents touched me like that they would be harshly disciplined.

Very good. That's what I've been saying all along.

thank you.

btw, new captcha is so new it could be fooled

FALSE. Common misconception my muslim brother.

>spanking as a custom goes down over the last decades
>people are more insane than ever, cutting their dicks off and shooting cops

?

= profit?

People have been cutting off their dicks since Antiquity and probably before.

pure cohencidence, goy

It doesn't surprise me then, but it's fake, i was born with mental problems.
That is why i fucking browse this site.

>world bee population decreasing
>number of school shootings increasing

PURE coincidence

Personally by the time I was about 7 spankings stopped working as a punishment because I saw them more as a way for my father to vent his own anger rather than something he was using to consciously punish me

There are better ways to punish children

Depends on the child. My oldest is 14 and I have never had to lay a hand against him, ever.
My daughter is 11 and way more rebellious and disobedient than her older brother. I've had to spank her two maybe three times when she was younger, but not in the last several years.

I was beaten by my parents and bullies in school, severely. And now I'm on Sup Forums because this is the comfiest place that has given me even a shred of respect.

>because this is the comfiest place that has given me even a shred of respect.
Eat shit faggot

Post pics of your kids.

>the relationship between how a generation is raised and how that generation comports itself is similar to bee population and school shootings

this guy wasn't spanked and he's clearly retarded. i rest my case.

You use violence to curve behaviour, it's the same logic as electrocuting a monkey to not touch a banana. You wouldn't slap a man to behave so you shouldn't slap a child. Children should be spoken to rationally and calmly so they understand what is the consequence of their actions rather than the pain behind it.

There have been decades of numerous studies proving how spanking is related to issues in children, so it's astonishing how arrogant people like you can be about preserving your right to hit the weakest members of society.

>not feeling up your daughter's butt every chance you get

Faggot.

Raising your kids too peacefully makes the more mentally ill. They need to be hit so they're prepared for the real world. Sorry Stefan, I can't follow you on the NAP.

this made me laugh more than it should

Wrong post. That's the second time I've done that recently. I think I'm going senile.

>ITT: Childless faggots debating on how to raise children

It's way better than the threads that have childless losers telling other people to have children.

They're equally shit.

>I need to beat my children do they understand what's it's like when they get screwed by their boss

Absolutely retarded logic, I'm sure a toddler understands this