The disease called aging is about to get cured

Scientists are working on medicine that would rejuvenate old people and then, with regular therapy, maintain their youth. So you could be 87 and physically still look and feel like 22 - you'll still have your experience, memories, skills and so on, of course. This might also lead to living longer, who knows - there might be a limit in human longevity so that even if you are completely healthy, you'll drop dead at 135. But if not, theoretically, you could live for thousands of years.

Btw, this is not about immortality. You can still die if you get hit by an asteroid or a drunk driver or the sun expands or you jump from a plane with no parachute or a Green anaconda crushes you etc.

What are your thoughts about this?

jackpstephens.com/the-pursuit-of-immortality/
youtube.com/watch?v=szRmUADW8gQ

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turritopsis_dohrnii
rawstory.com/2016/08/billionaire-peter-thiel-thinks-young-peoples-blood-can-keep-him-young-forever/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Osteoporosis#Medications
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Endogenous_regeneration
telegraph.co.uk/news/science/science-news/10584927/Brains-of-elderly-slow-because-they-know-so-much.html
youtube.com/watch?v=T0lvxTm2iLg
sens.org/outreach/press-releases/michael-greve-commits-10-million
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

The disease called tooth decay, std, aids, cardiovascular disease and alzheimer's will still get you eventually. People will have to go to the doctor once a week to make sure their body isn't going to self destruct.

Immortality is pointless with 18-29 year olds on Sup Forums have done everything they ever wanted to and want to die.

There is no point in immortality unless you are a filthy jew billionaire that wants to maintain power.

The only "medicine" that could do that would cause cells multiply like they do when you're growing from fetus to infant.

The problem with this is that the medicine can't discriminate between good cells and bad ones. So, such a chemical would likely just cause cancer.

>cardiovascular disease and alzheimer's

Both of those are symptoms of aging.

>tooth decay
My grandfather had a face full of rotted black/brown teeth for decades because he was afraid of dentists. He lived for a long time, into his 80s.

Where's my spinal cord fix i want to walk again

Living to be over 30 is hell enough by itself, why live longer? For what OP?

Once we hit this, God is gonna be on His way.

Maybe there is no point for you Faggot

Are you the guy on that thread that fell two years ago and said your sex life was over or something?

>Chillin mindin' my own buisness
>see qt 3.14 go on a date with her
>she's talking about shit from the 1950's but decide to still bang
>pussy is fresh as fuck
>find out later she's actually a 100 year old woman

Who here is ready to slay some granny pussy?

>want to die
>projecting depression

Not everyone's existence is as bleak as yours.

>dutch doc
>not available in your country
literally what?

Death is one of the things I look forward to

The Jews are taking that from me too. I want to cry

Holy shit yeah

when will scientists find a way to cure death?

>The problem with this is that the medicine can't discriminate between good cells and bad ones. So, such a chemical would likely just cause cancer.

and the body isn't equipped to shed all the old tissue and bones when the new stuff takes over

it's just not possible to rejuvenate a human body

We might be able to activate genes to grow a new set of teeth but the entire body? No way.

Haha good luck bro, I'm sure science is getting closer and closer to curing spinal injuries.

When we become immortal jellyfish.

>is going to be

It already has been, faggot, in a few separate ways.

Peter Thiel, for example, follows the Clinton model of vampirism.

rawstory.com/2016/08/billionaire-peter-thiel-thinks-young-peoples-blood-can-keep-him-young-forever/

Where as the lizards have released an enzyme that reverses telomere shortening.

This bitch used the lizard method, I think she's ~50.

>tooth decay
>gif related

Read about CRISPR

>it's the near future
>fema camps were real
>zog brainwashed troops kidnap people from their homes and take them to a camp
>given treatments for increased longevity
>forced to suck black cock for infinity

Those filthy jews are going for the long con

>and the body isn't equipped to shed all the old tissue and bones when the new stuff takes over
Your body sheds skin yearly, you get a new layer of skin every year. Your bones also grow/shrink with age. The body IS equipped to shed old tissue it does it all the time.

>it's just not possible to rejuvenate the human body
Science says otherwise

>The problem with this is that the medicine can't discriminate between good cells and bad ones. So, such a chemical would likely just cause cancer.
I don't believe this. There is more to cancer than simply fast cell division. It's old people 60+ whose cell division has slowed down that are more prone to cancer for whatever reason.

There is an organism that is biologically immortal. I'm not saying we can become jelly fish overnight though.

>granny
Grandparents mean that they are the parents of your parents. Has nothing to do with age.

Senile is what you become when you reach an "elderly" age. If people stay young they just become elders.

>Your body sheds skin yearly, you get a new layer of skin every year. Your bones also grow/shrink with age. The body IS equipped to shed old tissue it does it all the time.

Sure, you pick skin — the most obvious organ that is replenished.

Try again with the bones.

You think your skull is going to just fall off in favor of a newly-grown one?

Buy a clue

>There is an organism that is biologically immortal.
Good for it.

Dental health has an effect on heart health.

>My grandfather had a face full of rotted black/brown teeth for decades because he was afraid of dentists. He lived for a long time, into his 80s.

So what? There are people who smoke several packs a day into their 80s; I still wouldn't recommend anyone start smoking.

When I was little I thought I wouldn't have to worry about death because science would cure death by the time I got old enough to die

Well I'm still little cuz I'm a manlet but I still feel that way. The only death I have to fear is me killing myself.

>The disease called tooth decay, std, aids, cardiovascular disease and alzheimer's will still get you eventually.

All of those are already being treated and we will soon have a cure for all of them.

>People will have to go to the doctor once a week to make sure their body isn't going to self destruct.

People will barely have to go to the doctor at all. Their body will be like that of a 22 year old. How often do you think they go to the doctor?

>Immortality is pointless with 18-29 year olds on Sup Forums have done everything they ever wanted to and want to die.

None of that has to do with aging, though. Also, nobody forces you to keep yourself alive.

>There is no point in immortality unless you are a filthy jew billionaire that wants to maintain power.

Again, you are welcome to suicide.

But what is important from this is not that people live longer, it is that people are young for longer. Meaning that we won't have to deal with millions of medical problems as a result of aging. 70 year olds will be much happier. They will be as high energy as Trump, while having the body of an olympic athlete.

You might not want this, but your government definetily does. They are sick and tired of spending billions and billions of tax dollars on old people who can't work or contribute to society. It's really all they are talking about in Europe and Asia. How do we get old people to work for longer? This is the answer.
People will likely be forced to take anti-aging medication if they want to receive welfare.

>neither op nor op's sources understand basic biology

Thanks man only time will tell

>Try again with the bones.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Osteoporosis#Medications

>Fixing up Telomeres is the same as being beautiful as you were 22
I hate people that sensationalize real advances like this

You guys realize that only the beautiful people will be kept alive and the rest of people will be allowed to die unless they're filthy rich.
Lmao.

Yes, allowing people to have the choice to keep their organs working, will allow people to eat more, take up more space, and effectively either kill more trees, animals, pollute more, and more useless people, poor people, and of course, an even greater class divide. Also, "The Island" is looking more and more likely to happen.

>Whites are about to find a way to not die from age

>Niggers are still trying to break the coconut

We will know it has worked once old rich people begin looking young

>You think your skull is going to just fall off in favor of a newly-grown one?
old skullbone cells would go through cell death and new ones would replace them through mitosis

Educate us.

You don't understand.

There are enzymes to reverse the actual effects of aging on your DNA itself (telomere shortening).

>Dental health has an effect on heart health

You really think that when we get medicine that lets humans live for thousands of years as 22 year olds, we'll still get rotten teeth? How fucking stup... oh, just looked at your flag, never mind.

Well, technically you'll need to go to the doctor at least once a year to rejuvenate and maintain your youth.

>But what is important from this is not that people live longer, it is that people are young for longer
This is important. In 2040, over 30% of the GDP of the United States will be spent on elderly care. That's fucking insane.

try again with your brain

strengthening bone by having the body deposit something into it is completely different than shedding old bones for new ones

and, unless you do that you are not rejuvenated — especially since bones store toxins like lead that periodically leach into the body to do damage

Shit my grandfather is 98 and going strong. If those fucks didn't mess him up until now they won't stop young men. They prey on the weak

Old people are slow because their brains have too much information so it slowa down their ability to recall stuff compared to a younger person not because their brains are getting worse. This means people who are gonna live for two centuries will have to delete years of their life from their brains just to function.

>old skullbone cells would go through cell death and new ones would replace them through mitosis

You really think we can shed our skulls and other bones?

haha

>There are enzymes to reverse the actual effects of aging on your DNA itself (telomere shortening).
I wasn't talking about that. I was talking about rejuvenation.

Actual full rejuvenation...

>High School Education

it's totally ok as long as they don't make a lot of that stuff for everyone

>tfw the old globalist banking scum who are way older than you will not die in your lifetime

>Brains are slow because of too much information
Bahamas science right here

>try again with your brain
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Endogenous_regeneration

We degrade through wear and tear but "aging" as it is is simply pre-programmed death for us as individuals. It's preprogrammed self-culling imo.

>yfw you have a chance at a young Jennifer Connelly

That 1997 esque website and the youtube clip provided totally convinced me.

>You really think that when we get medicine that lets humans live for thousands of years as 22 year olds, we'll still get rotten teeth? How fucking stup... oh, just looked at your flag, never mind.

I never implied that. I merely pointed out that dental health isn't something to be scoffed at as not a thing to worry about killing you.

Three words faggot
>Anti
>Telomerase
>Enzime

I feel for you man. My sister was in a bad car accident and is paralyzed from her chest down. She was incredibly unhappy for a long time but she seems much happier now. She has kids and a husband and lives a relatively normal life. She even drives with special hand controls.

Anyways my point is that I hope you're doing alright and coping well.

The fuck,
fuck off I'm 31 and I want immortality like a motherfucker
If you're immortal you have eternity to amass wealth and think of ideas

Literally a Jewish plot

This is not how it works
Go back to fapping you degenerate

Print the fucking bone inside the body.

Add more telomerase.

In the reality where it works as stated in the thread,

>rejuvenate

Now get the fuck out with your smart ass bullshit on a joke, you fucking autist

The mexicans and welfare niggera wont like it because that means they wont be able to shit out kids forever.

Unless were completely stupid and forget that population control would be a must.

Science seems pretty close user

How did you fall? Dont you have chairs in Spain?

>egocentrism
wew

Fucking retard

telegraph.co.uk/news/science/science-news/10584927/Brains-of-elderly-slow-because-they-know-so-much.html

What about DNA methylation?

> Meet a chick at the bar
> Take her home
> Go down on her
> "You do that just like Calvin Coolidge," she'll say between moans.

mfw

Then people with alzheimers should be fast thinkers, and it's not the case.

>single study
>"could"
>"scientist believe"

Into the trash it goes

I had a spinal injury but I can still feel my dick so girls ride me. My condolences.

The problem is that inevitable aging and death is the only thing that's a level playing field between us and the elites, and these treatments are going to cost a fortune.

Do you really want a Clinton or Soros that lives forever?

Fuck, good point.

Unethical frankly, dangerous for an already fragile planet.. just plain selfish. Jesus is shaking his head rn

You can't cure somatic DNA degredation, the cause for age related cellular and tissue function decline, and eventual "natural death"

No idea.

youtube.com/watch?v=T0lvxTm2iLg

>German Internet Entrepreneur Michael Greve today announced that his Forever Healthy Foundation will be committing $5 million in philanthropic support over the next five years to the SENS Research Foundation (SRF), a non-profit organization focused on transforming the way the world researches and treats age-related disease. In addition Michael Greve's company KIZOO Technology Ventures will be committing seed investments of $5 million in startups focused on bringing rejuvenation biotechnology treatments to market.
sens.org/outreach/press-releases/michael-greve-commits-10-million

Wellp. When yall get round to deguffin, yall cann gimme wonatwoadat wittid, yeah?

Skin cancer.

Death isn't going to fix that issue. Someone will just inherit their will and evil even when they die.

We have to deal with them ourselves. Even immortality means nothing if they're locked up for eternity.

user this is senile slowness but alzheimers which is your brain fucking itself.

I think so too, dude. They don't have to battle different immune systems as they do when they put heads on different bodies. They'll fix you up in 5-10 years guaranteed.

How is your daily life? What do you do and how do you do it?

If it's any help my life is probably shittier. No friends or family and I'm drinking myself to death because I can't even enjoy music or movies without it. Probably goes for most of forechannel.

5 million is peanuts. That might fund a dozen for a few years if they don't use too many fancy genetic animal models

Have you never read Dmitry Glukhovsky's FUTU.RE? Immortality is shit.

What's the best way to protect my spine? I'm always worried about this because I lift a lot at work, I'm a former NEET

>It's old people 60+ whose cell division has slowed down that are more prone to cancer for whatever reason.

Replication errors.
Cancer is part of being old. As you get older, your risk for cancer rises exponentially.

You can either pick to die of old age, or cancer.

what you could potentially do is change telomerase to not snip your dna like an idiot

it will probably happen when we are at our 70s. so it wont work for us

I'm all for it.

DESU, as much as I hate this world, life is pretty fun. I wouldn't want to die until I at least made it out into space.

>tfw 27

>tfw going to inherit 10 million plus in 10 years

>tfw you live for a thousand years and can discuss shitposting on pol to youngers

Pretty quickly we'll be able to fix fresh spinal injuries with autologous transplant of neurological stem cells harvested from the patient's own dental pulp. But fixing old spibal injuries is improbable.

It'll feel good to get it on the NHS while poor Amerifats can't get it because "insurance complications"

i despite nothing as much as i despite "transhumanists".

>Old people are slow because their brains have too much information so it slowa down their ability to recall stuff compared to a younger person not because their brains are getting worse. This means people who are gonna live for two centuries will have to delete years of their life from their brains just to function.

No, old people slow down because as people age they have fewer and fewer cells.

Children have a huge loss of brain cells around age 8. It's known as "pruning". That lets them think more quickly but it does not cause their fluid intelligence to go way down as with old people or for them to have time seem to speed up

Why?

Heynow whaddya want boy. Ill take a whiopajip you fancy negro,

Where is mine?

>We degrade through wear and tear but "aging" as it is is simply pre-programmed death for us as individuals. It's preprogrammed self-culling imo.

regardless you can't reprogram and replace every cell

the only thing that might work is changing the DNA of an egg and sperm

Telemorase isn't primarily responsible, all DNA polymerases are error prone, and corrective enymes aren't perfect

I'd really like if you could stay young like until 80 and just drop dead

>Born too late to sail the uncharted seas
>Born too early to be a space pirate
>Born just in time to fight in the eugenic wars

Maybe the future isn't too bad once we get past this coming dark period. Given this technology some of us maybe able to quietly ride out the apocalypse.

And again the European man does it for (((humanitarian))) reasons and not for his people.