So has anyone made a list of all comic book characters that ranks how well they're known...

So has anyone made a list of all comic book characters that ranks how well they're known? Like listing the A-listers such as Batman and Spiderman, and the B-listers such as Captain Atom and Moon Knight?

>Moon-Knight
>Captain Atom
>B-List

I can see why you're looking for the list

Sure, let me just dust off the ol' telepathy machine. It lets me scan the brains of every single human on Earth to see how many of them are aware of the existence of Captain Atom, how many are aware of Moon Knight's existence, how many are aware of Batman, how many for Spider-Man, and so on. It's a good thing that scientists invented my telepathy machine, because otherwise I'm not sure how I could measure all this data.

>Captain Atom and Moon Knight
Try C list.

That's pretty subjective especially with the whole movie shit going down.
But in what fucking world are Moon Knight and Captain Atom C-List?

>Moon Knight = B-list

Bait.

Not him but I feel like Lists like this should be held by a normie standard.

A-List: Every normie knows exactly who it is and can describe them
B-List: Normie remembers its name and can maybe describe them a bit
C-List: Normie will pretend to know who this is because they've heard the name before
D and Below: Who?

Well after hearing about him potentially getting his TV show, I was thinking that a lot of the B-listers are people that are popular enough to get a TV show or movie, but aren't fully known yet by the normies, but pretty much the average comic book fans knows about them.

basically, I thought that Moon Knight was in the same position as Green Arrow before the Arrow TV series.

I don't think even with a tv show that Green Arrow is a b-lister.

Green Arrow was ACTUALLY B-List before the show. Shit, he was soft A-List since he's been in cartoons frequently enough to garner a reputation.

Literally no one, who doesn't follow Marvel Comics, knows who Moon Knight is.

>Moon Knight
>B-Lister

marveldrones are this stupid

Moon Knight is only getting a show because he's the closest thing to Batman that Marvel has and they want that sweet Batman cash.

Dude, you can't ever get a list like that because the whole thing is fight fuel for fans.
You always end up in slap-fights about how powerful Ant-man and Aquaman are.

Power is irrelevant in Listing charts

Okay, so is Antman a B-lister or is Giantman an A-lister? ... I don't need to ask that about Aquaman. We all know.

Aquaman is an B-Lister

Before MCU Ant-Man was a Q-Lister
After he's probably a B to A

A Q-Lister? That's quite low isn't it? Wouldn't a Q-lister be somebody who even other comic book fans would need a wiki to find out who they are?

Only Batman, Superman and Spider-man count as A lister.

The Hulk should be an A-lister as well. He's most definitely a household name and he seems to have the most fanboys out of Spiderman, Superman, and Batman.

I'd say that he's a former A-lister now, like Wolverine and Captain Marvel.

Yeah Q Listers would be like unnamed background characters. Even Skateman would rank higher than that

Maybe wonder woman too just by virtue of the amount of tat you can buy with her logo on it

instead of using telepathy, you coulg go out, show images of superheroes to people, and write down their answer.

Wolverine has had his own movies, there's no way he's not an A lister
Unless you plan on making an S class, wolverine is still up there on popularity
Hulk is up there too, he has his own cartoon series
I don't know how good it is, but they made it which should show how popular he is

What about the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles?
They seem to fit most of the criteria for A list status.
Multiple live action movies
Recognised even by Normies
Multiple and ongoing cartoon series
Very successful toy and merchandiseing lines

The problem is, there's what's known to comic fans and what's known to the general public. So b-list to a comic fan is d-list to everyone else.

Arguably still b-list. Just because he has a show doesn't mean people watch it or know that it's based on a comic.

Poll 100 random people and see what kind of results you get. Do they recognize them? Name them?

>Wolverine has had his own movies, there's no way he's not an A lister
Go to a nursing home and show them pictures of Superman, Batman and Wolverine and see how recognized he is there.

>Go to a nursing home and show them pictures of Superman, Batman and Wolverine and see how recognized he is there.

Go to a nursing home and they'll only know Superman and Batman. Maybe Wonder Woman and Cap. Old people don't go out to the movies or anything so you're working with preconceived views from long ago. Wolverine is pretty out there in terms of popularity with young-adults due to his many appearances in cartoons, movies and vidya.

>Wolverine is pretty out there in terms of popularity with young-adults due to his many appearances in cartoons, movies and vidya.
Anyone other than young-ish males and nerds might have a hard time putting the image of the masked superhero together with the more familiar image of Hugh Jackman.

They're S-Listers. Arguably Wonder Woman could be put in this position, but Superman, Batman and Spider-Man are absolutely S-List.

I mean, I'll give you that, but the X-men cartoon was pretty fucking popular for its time, and a lot of folks who wouldn't put two and two together would still recognize that version of Wolverine.

You pretty much have to put Superman, Batman and Spider-Man in their own tier.

If you're generous you could put the X-Men in there too.

After that you can put reasonably high-profile heroes from the big two. The Hulk, the X-Men. Maybe generously bump up the MCU darlings since they've gone from D-listers that had to be rammed into the Avengers into titans of their own, or at least Captain America, Iron Man, and maybe Thor.

You could also put Green Lantern. Not any specific one, just Green Lantern, who may or may not be a black guy.

>B-listers such as Captain Atom and Moon Knight

>Captain Atom and Moon Knight

The most B-list thing Captain Atom ever did was being a Dr. Manhattan looking dude who got into a scuffle with Superman in that one episode of JLU.

>Go to a nursing home and show them pictures of Superman, Batman and Wolverine and see how recognized he is there
Well hulk would be recognize seeing as he had his own popular tv show in the 70s

If that's a factor, Punisher's at least a B-lister, maybe higher cause of Netflix

Swamp Thing had two movies and a show; is he A-list now?

S: spider-man
A: Batman, Superman, Cap and Iron man post MCU, wolverine

Are you saying he should be lower? Because he obviously isn't A-list

A-List
Marvel:
Spidey
Hulk
Thor
Cap
Wolverine
Deadpool

DC:
Superman
Batman
Harley Quinn

Image:
Spawn

Harley is A-List? Nahhhh.
B-List

>spawn

classic global recognized brand list
spiderman
batman
superman

a list (your mom probably knows these)
wonder woman
mcu core avengers (ie not war machine/panther)
hulk (if you dont count him in the avengers)
punisher (borderline)

b list
pretty much everyone else with a movie/tv series

S-Tier, head and shoulders above all others, no debate: Spider-Man, Batman, Superman

A-Tier: Wonder Woman, Captain America, Iron Man, Hulk, Wolverine, Flash, Green Lantern. Also the X-Men, Avengers, and Justice League as a whole. I would put the character of Robin on this list as well, though no specific version.

B-Tier: Characters like Daredevil and Aquaman, recognizable but not incredibly popular. Also some knock-offs like Batgirl and She-Hulk that are recognizable because of their association to other characters.