Daniel Day Lewis quits acting

Daniel Day Lewis quits acting.

He did not give a reason for his retirement. In a statement, Day-Lewis’ spokeswoman, Leslee Dart, confirmed the news: “Daniel Day-Lewis will no longer be working as an actor. He is immenselygrateful to all of his collaborators and audiences over the many years.This is a private decision and neither he nor his representatives willmake any further comment on this subject. ”

variety.com/2017/film/news/daniel-day-lewis-quits-acting-oscar-winner-1202472766/

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=gj635laKpY0
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

wut

is DDL the most based method actor of all time?

PTA and him will give us one final kino though. That's all that matters

>turning his back on PTA

doubts.

this is fake news

MILK WILL BE FINE

hasn't he done this before and then came back? he hasn't done anything worth a damn in 10 years anyway

WHAT A FAGGOT. FUCK YOU DDL YOU FUCKING TRAITOR. YOU WERE THE ONLY GOOD ACTOR LEFT. FUCK YOU FUCKO YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCKYOU FUCKYOU

good, better to retire with your reputation intact than to an de niro

if you checked the link you would see that the filming of that movie is done and he will still promote it

PR for getting another oscar till his return for acting again.

Phantom thread trailer when?

scientology

>TWBB came out 10 years ago

He's meme actor anyway.

ddl ded

His son coming out as a rapper broke him, poor guy

I'd say he quit because of his wife and/or kids. They got tired of him coming home as his characters. Or not coming home at all living in a prison for a role. He went to extremes to get into character. That's gotta take a toll on personal life. He's fucking great. A master wood worker aswell. Live long old chap!

Hey now, he's an artist too!

The era of movie stars is over.

Ew

Is it, dare I say it, the end of Days?

Good. I've gotten tired of that meme overacting ham.

DDL did one movie every 5 years or so and was very selective, he was never at risk of pulling a De Niro.

There Will Be Blood is his only good film.

Is this his GOAT performance?

NONONONONONONO

possibly, too bad Nardo brings the whole movie down

i saw this coming a long time ago. i'm suprised as hell he's doing phantom thread.

Why does he have to "announce" this?
Why can't he just slip out with dignity?

He must be going back to being a cobbler.

its a pr thing for award season to build hype

He didn't announce this. Some spokeswoman did

So the film with Paul Thomas Anderson coming out on Christmas will be his last film? Wow

>what is The Unbearable Lightness of Being
Sounds like you've seen only one if his films, being TWBB.

>Villains who did nothing wrong

maybe he should have been method acting as a good father all along?

This is all training for the role of an old retired actor called for one last movie that's somehow related to his past.

He knows that as soon as he does something new, given the climate of the day, tons of SJW and feminist shrills will shit all over him for being a white male method actor for some reaching reason or another, since those people hate true artists and are jealous of anyone with real talent.

>implying he's not quitting because PTA's a hack and he realizes how much time he wasted acting in hack flix

but thats morrissey

I'm fairly sure Daniel Day Lewis has better things to do than have the fears and insecurities of angry loners on the internet

then why is fassbender so admired? sjw blogs get miniscule readership and the only reason we keep reading about them here is because Sup Forums nerds deliberately trawl the weirdest corners of tumblr to fish them out. no-one cares.

someone being mean about you on a blog that 10 people read might be enough to make YOU quit your career, but to people who aren't total fucking losers it's water off a duck's back.

Daniel Plainview is the GOAT performance.

Bill was fantastic though. GoNY would have been pretty mediocre without him.

Or maybe he just wants to die in peace from whatever illness he has.

What's the image?

>people think this was his best performance
kys, it's literally the worst since the last of the mohicans

basically movies are shit now so what's the point in degrading yourself by being an actor

Sophie turners mag shoot.

Sophie Turner literally has the most dedicated fans

He probably thinks it's his best performance or something.

>PTAs latest movie was so intense it made him quit acting

or shitty

You dumb fucks.

His next role is playing a popular actor that quits acting.

Haven't you learned anything over the years about this overacting, talentless hack?

So how far did he take the method this time that made him quit acting ?

leave method acting to me

>Jared Leto ruined method acting for DDL
It all makes sense now

>why is fassbender so admired?

because he is a good goy

I mean clearly he will be back. I predict it'll be when he's really old, for a one-off final role.

he's dying. I'm not even joking, why would he retire even tough he has been very picky with his roles?

AIDS, alzheimers, parkinson's, you pick.

Unfortunately a strong chance for this.

What else has he got to prove? He's considered one of the best actors ever, why shouldn't he quit and do something else?

Method acting gave him diabetes.

i dont get it

He quit once before to become a "cobbler". Method.

DDL is the most overrated actor of all time desu.

>but muh method acting

Fuck off

Trump's fault

this meme needs to die

youtube.com/watch?v=gj635laKpY0

Underrated as fuck

>He is immenselygrateful
>willmake
Brilliant, Variety

it would break just about anyone senpai

F

Did he see his father's ghost again or what?

Mmmm, cobbler.

but thats dreadful

Why did De Niro do a De Niro? Does he need money or what?

I think so. There was something about it recently saying he did it to pay for shit for his wife.

celebrities who play to the script even when they are off camera are untouchable

who?

He BLANKS lots of colored women. This fits with Sup Forums's agenda. Although given the ironic use of the word "goy", maybe it goes directly against it? I have no idea at this point.

Good, all of his movies are boring garbage

Gangs is legitimately a good movie like 80% for having him alone.

A lot of those actors stopped giving a fuck, it's not just De Niro. Pacino, Brando, Burt Reynolds, etc.

DDL already fucked up his legacy with Nine, which I still have no idea why he starred in because he had already established being autistically selective with the roles he takes for years before that. He even didn't want to do Lincoln at first, but Spielberg eventually convinced him to take the part. Which begs the question, why the fuck did he do Nine?

On a side note I'm always so confused when I read about what DDL is apparently like on set and how he goes into seclusion all of the time because in interviews and when he accepts awards he always comes off as super normal and really warm/friendly. Like you'd think he's this super intense guy but every interview with him is the opposite of that.

>begs the question
begthequestion.info

But why do anything when you have 100m in the bank? It seems they only do it for the money that they don't need.

>But why do anything when you have 100m in the bank?

Ambition, acclaim, attention, more fucking money

How did he manage to raise such a degenerate, or was the problem that he didn't?

is bale our best bet for method acting left?
fuck people who mention leto

>people not realizing he's just preparing for the role of a retired actor

But we've already established that they stopped giving a fuck.

He did 91/2 or whatever shit musical. His reputation was almost over and then the Lincoln meme performance brought him back from the edge for whatever reason. Hopefully the Phantom Jeans doesn't suck.

Because he has passion for acting, but is a regular guy otherwise. I see this a lot with C-level executives or start-up guys.

Fuck.First PSH dies and now this. My vote for best actor still working goes to Joaquin Phoenix. What about you, Sup Forums?

meh, he has a love hate relationship with acting and is always drained after filming. He'll be back for another oscar in a couple of years.

>tfw he'll never play morrissey

True, but he still tried.

I was surprised to know he was the fabio character in that movie

Didn't Joaquin Phoenix do the exact same thing and then came right back a couple years later when he realized money runs out?

No he was doing an le epic social experiment

>THIS IS A KILL.