Where did he get his powers? Is Spinach really that good for you? From a can no less? Tastes like watery vomit to me

Where did he get his powers? Is Spinach really that good for you? From a can no less? Tastes like watery vomit to me.

spinach
yes
yes
that's because you're a faggot

Back in those days, Spinach was believed to have absurdly high amounts of iron due to a misplaced decimal point, so as an exaggerated joke, Popeye would eat it and become superpowered.

Though even without the spinach, Popeye is pretty fucking powerful. He lassoed the grand canyon shut, punched a shark so hard it's teeth went through its head, took a shot to the back of the head and bent all the nails in an iron maiden before even dipping into his spinach.

Does he have mastery of Toonforce?

Actually, that accidental report was published after popeye cartoons existed
The reason popeye eats spinach is because of all the vitamins, like vitamin A

both wrong, the story about the decimal point was made up in the 70's and supposedly happened sometime in the 1800s. But it turned out to be bullshit, there actually is a lot of iron in spinach.

The spinach is a placebo, his power really comes from within.

In Thimble Theatre he claimed to be descended from Hercules. And don't forget he killed Zeus by punching his lightning bolts back at him seems so I guess Popeye is now king of the gods.

Popeye is murder.

Spinach was just for the cartoon. Popeye is super strong but when he's on death's door, he touches the feathers of the Wifflehen to get back on his feet.

Popeye was my jam as a kid, since I was 5. It even made me eat spinach a the time.

I hope if Genndy gets another crack at this he re-accesses how everyone moved in his movie pitch. I love the rhythm of the old cartoons, they don't need to be high-strung Hotel Transylvania characters.

Popeye made Spinach the third most popular food among kids during the Depression. I know it was a much 'simpler' time but that stuns me

He got his powers from petting a Whiffle Hen.

He caught some lightning punched it and threw it in the ocean
It drowned

I've never had spinach Sup Forums. Should I try it? If so, how?

Eat a whole can at once

Do you have the one where Popeye meets Sinbad
gives him a twister punch then goes all fist of the north star on him

Awesome thanks

Weren't Sony going to make a gritty popeye movie? Whatever happened to that, and what can we expect?

Did they say that? I haven't heard anything about a movie since Tartakovsky's was sunk. I would honestly love to see that but Sony pictures is such irredeemable shit I'd rather they fucked off.

I seriously want to fuck Olive Oyl

She reminds me of a girl I knew in HS who was super fucking cute, then discovered makeup in Senior Year and never went back.

Is Bluto the closest thing in Popeye to an actual human

Popeye has pretty high toonforce but its more that he is just absurdly strong.

There's a difference between toonforce and raw power. Most of the "toony" things popeye does are attributed to his own strength rather than cartoon world-breaking

I dunno man he blurs the lines a lot

>Robin is still dead

He's a Coastie. Coasties are fucking tough mate, much more so than those nancies over in the navy.

well who would win?