Phil Lord and Christopher Miller Quit Han Solo Movie

>Phil Lord and Christopher Miller are no longer directing the Han Solo Star Wars spin-off.

>"Phil Lord and Christopher Miller are talented filmmakers who have assembled an incredible cast and crew, but it’s become clear that we had different creative visions on this film, and we’ve decided to part ways. A new director will be announced soon,” said Kathleen Kennedy, president of Lucasfilm in a statement.

>“Unfortunately, our vision and process weren’t aligned with our partners on this project. We normally aren’t fans of the phrase ‘creative differences’ but for once this cliché is true. We are really proud of the amazing and world-class work of our cast and crew,” stated Phil Lord and Christopher Miller.

>Lord and Miller, the helmers of The LEGO Movie and 21 Jump Street and its sequel 22 Jump Street, signed on to direct the Star Wars stand-alone in July 2015. The film will star Alden Ehrenreich as Han Solo, while Emilia Clarke, Woody Harrelson and Donald Glover also star.

>The film has been shooting in London since January. The release date of May 25, 2018, remains unchanged.

gg mouse

Other urls found in this thread:

hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/star-wars-han-solo-film-loses-directors-1015419
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Nobody wants this.

I don't care about this movie but how the fuck do they quit when the film has been shooting since February? It sounds like 90% of the film has been shot, are they completely gutting what has been shot and reshooting everything like those shitty "Exorcist" prequels in 2004? This is very bizarre. Has to kill a lot of hype people had for this.

Didn't everyone love R1? People really want to see more Star Wars prequels that answer open questions of the original trilogy.

>Film undergoes massive upheaval
>Loses TWO directors
>The release date of May 25, 2018, remains unchanged.

>our vision and process weren’t aligned with our partners on this project

Cause disney just wants to make the same movie 20 times in a row

>leaving a blockbuster film in the middle of shooting
Is that even legal?

>ten years from now there will be articles written about this titled "The Han Solo movie we almost got".

It's massive reshoots, just like Rogue One. I applaud them for maintaining their integrity.

They can't replace Harrison Ford. This movie is gonna be a trainwreck.

They Will do the Flash.

Holy shit. Usually directors leave BEFORE the start of production if there is creative differences. Director(s) leaving DURING the actual filming means something major must of happened between them and Disney.

No one wants this movie.

>drop a film while in pp
I cant recall the last time this has happened to a blockbuster especially disney, what the fuck did they do to make them quit like that

>directors of 21 Jump Street and its sequel 22 Jump Street
sounds good

I'm not sure why they've been shooting this film for nearly 4 months and just now decided to leave. These departures tend to happen early in pre-production, not halfway through principal photography.

Lord and Miller are comedy directors. Probably ended up not liking the "muh serious" tone Disney wanted. Why they are leaving this far into shooting is extremely strange and raises a lot of flags.

I'm smelling bitch cunt all over this. They probably were gearing towards a more serious film like Rogue One, but Kennedy and the Mouse crew want Guardians of the Galaxy: Star Wars edition and want to pander to fucking kids. I'd bail on that horseshit, too.

source?

The probably wanted to portray young Han Solo as a heroic white male character and Kennedy just wasn't having it.

Considering they're comedy directors I doubt it.

Star Wars are stupid chick flicks. Who cares?

I love Clone High, will I like 21 Jump Street? Yes my time is precious enough to warrant the question

hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/star-wars-han-solo-film-loses-directors-1015419

I don't know since they are comedy directors, so it might be that they wanted it to be too quirky like lego movie

um, you do know the directors make comedies right?

maybe tone down your obvious misogyny a minute

>letting straight women run anything
I can almost guarantee you that this is the result of ideological pestering from Kathleen Kennedy.

Rumor has it that the script focuses more on the Emilia Clarke character than it does on Han Solo.

Oh for fucks sake. That'll be three for three then

All Disney Wars movies have been below 2/10

Fucking old piece of shit didn't know what he had.

Who in their right mind would try to make Emilia Clarke keep happening after she tanked the last Terminator movie?

>1 loses directors midshoot
>1 had massive reshoots
>1 had significant re-editing

god damn kathy, what the fuck are you doing?

It's not misogyny if it's fact, bitch. Kennedy's the reason we have Rebels instead of three more seasons of Clone Wars.

probably really shitty editing

like in rouge 1

RIP the potential of this movie

>blames Kennedy
>for cartoons
o I am laffin

way to out yourself as a retarded child

>Probably ended up not liking the "muh serious" tone Disney wanted.

>Disney SW
>Serious

>directors leave with only 3 weeks of filming left
>movie being reshot over the summer with new director

disagreements must have been pretty substantial for them to leave the project with only a few weeks of filming left.

>what is Rogue One
>Jar Jar Binks, multiple comedic scenes in the OT and prequels

at least try and make sense, you faggots

Rebels is getting cancelled this season, cutting things short from the originally planned 5 season to just 4.

The ratings have been total garbage.

Filoni said it was her idea to terminate Clone Wars rather than negotiate with Cartoon Network and run with a Y7 kiddie cartoon.

That would be totally retarded

Any high profile instances where such a departure happened before, besides The Exorcist Prequel and Superman II?

This is extremely rare as far as I know.

the film is made in the editing room anyway.

It's almost as if women are bad at running studios.

Apparently she's his mom.

? Kennedy's Star Wars films have gotten much better critical and audience reactions than George's prequels.

She also co-founded ran Amblin, you nonsensical bigot.

>disagreements must have been pretty substantial for them to leave the project with only a few weeks of filming left.

Yeah that's what I'm thinking. What the hell is going on?

>leaving a progressive feminist in charge

What did they think was going to happen?

such an obvious studio committe film good, they're too good for that bitch Kennedy

Not pre-production. They have been in production for 4 months

While I have no doubt that The Last Jedi will make a billion dollars on name alone, I also expect that it will be a total train wreck.

*saves your movie*

>people on Sup Forums shitpost about how EpVII was awful
>ep7 was the only new star wars so far that doesnt suck

principal photography dill weed

No, pretty sure Ep7 is terrible.

WELP

fuck this, it's officially going to suck dicks now. notice how the only good directorsto work with disney have to quit? Edgar Wright and now Lord + Miller

aw, the triggered faggot is still mad a female is a lead character.

episode 7 doesn't suck, quit trying to be contrarian

inb4
>its just episode 4 durr

>tfw you used to complain about him being mediocre
>tfw you realize everyone else is worse

Episode 7 is complete garbage only made to cater to casual fans and rake in money. There was bothing else behind the film.

>implying anything after the first movie wasn't the same

These two directors are completely retarded. They KNEW they weren't gonna have 100% control of their movie, right? The script (by Kasden, who wrote ESB and TFA) was finished. It wasn't the script. It wasn't the control. Then what was it? What could possibly come up in the FOUR MONTHS IN THE MIDDLE OF PRODUCTION that would make a director want to leave and look like that guy who directed Fantastic Four? Who's gonna hire them now? Those dummies are probably reading this thread right now like that other retard. "Creative differences"... from the highly planned production that you agreed to work on with the full knowledge of what was gonna happen? What a bunch of dopes. They should go into fashion with their retarded director duo name "Lord & Miller" lol fags

so, just like the original trilogy. got it.

Get ready for the first female directed Starshit "film."

I think these two have ruined their careers now

First they were lined up to do Flash at WB, then they ditched that to do Han Solo, but now they've left that with filming still ongoing.

Nobody is going to touch them now since they can't guarantee the pair won't stay for the entire duration of production.

>pp
>pre-production?
>principal photography?
>post-production?
Nice one bro

I really need a tell all from Edgar Wright and now these guys. But DIsney probably makes them sign centuries-long NDA's.

I wonder who's behind this post.

Maybe Joss Whedon will finish it.

>The Force Awakens has issues during pre-production, specifically regarding the time needed to write the script
>Rogue One has issues during post-production and has massive reshoots
>Untitled Han Solo Movie has the directors quitting with 3 weeks left in production

meanwhile Rian Johnson is coasting by making The Last Jedi. Based Rian.

No one gives a shit. it's just a bullshit fantasy movie. move on with your life.

Tfw they will save The Flash because WB always gets Disney's sloppy seconds

Why are you so triggered intern? I'm interested in the workings of the industry.

the only person who has proven himself to be a good director.

I still can't fucking believe they picked "Safety Not Guaranteed" and "Jurassic World" guy to direct a canon film. He is just terrible.

I bet he regrets the world not ending in 2012 like he thought it was going to.

Based Rian will produce the only good star warrs kino

The new director of the Han Solo film is...

Josh Trank.

Most of their films have made major blockbuster money. They will be fine. They just won't go near big budget franchise bullshit. Probably will make a decent comedy film next.

>four months into filming
>three weeks of filming left
IT MAKES NO SENSE

>mfw they get The Flash now.

Oh no, we'll get a bad Star Wars movie. That has totally never happened before. The franchise is doomed.

>mfw there's a chance Trevorrow will get replaced for Episode 9 after Book of Henry got panned and Lucasfilm realizes that he had nothing to do with Jurassic World's success

PRAYER CIRCLE FOR BRAD BIRD'S STAR WARS EPISODE IX

(JOE JOHNSTON AND EDGAR WRIGHT ALSO ACCEPTABLE)

>the triggered faggot is still mad a female is a lead character.

1. This angry language shows that you're the one who is triggered.

2. I liked Rey. It's still a bad movie.

Good, there's no room for a white male directing star wars in 2017, let alone two at the same time

As much as I'd like to blame feminism for this... I think there is a much more logical explanation;

The real blame here is the Lucasfilm "story group" run by asshat, beaner, and SJW Pablo Hildago, that has way, way too much story telling power and likely were trying to force Lord and Miller to shoehorn crap from the Marvel comics into the Han Solo film just so they can sell more shitty comics and books.

This is what happens when you let the people who played the Star Wars Roleplaying Game run Star Wars... they micromanage and kill the creativity of actually talented individuals.

>TLDR
Lucasfilm is hamstringing their directors to include shit from comics, books and Rebels. Directors hate it.

Did they get - dare I say it - Tranked?

At the end of the day Kennedy makes all the final creative decisions

>there couldn't possibly anything else about this movie that could make me care less
>Fucking Caloreesi and her animated eyebrows
k
I just went from completely indifferent to wanting this thing to die in a fire. Fucking Emilia Clarke? Really?

FUCKING FIRE KATHLEEN KENNEDY.

George,

I memed, I quoted RLM endlessly, I thought TFA would be fun and exciting, I believed Disney could do it

I am so sorry George

Any chance we get a third jump street now that their schedules are open? There were rumors about that MIB crossover but I haven't heard anything since.

>Lucasfilm "story group" run by asshat, beaner, and SJW Pablo Hildago
Kiri Hart is in charge of the Story Group

>we had different creative visions on this film, and we’ve decided to part ways. A new director will be announced soon,” said Kathleen Kennedy,

i hate this bitch

if only you faggots could make sw8 flop
it's time to abandon star wars

As much as people want to pretend that TFA is a good movie, it's not. It has many problems, too many to list. The worst of it's issues is that it's just a soulless remake of the original Star Wars. Using a Death Star for the third time is just pandering and lazy. I don't even care about the Mary Sue arguments. This film just isn't very good and deep inside you all know I'm right.

>$150 million action movies
>still having "directors"

why do they still pretend

>it's another alt-right blames SJWs for nu-Star Wars post
you people are seriously the dullest tools in the cuckshed.

So where are the editorials about Disney being in chaos and Star Wars needing a reboot?

t. privileged white male