Child Rearing

This will be a thread devoted to ideas about child rearing. I'll give my model as concisely as I can.

1. No TV/video games/internet browsing

2. Forced to learn Latin and perhaps Greek. Possibly Spanish, but hopefully in won't be necessary in the future.

3. Home schooled. The purpose will for him to get as many 5 as possible in almost all the AP tests and get the highest scores he can in the ACT and SAT tests. Maybe a few classes on how to do well in college. The goal is to get him into HYPSM.

4. Brought up in the Catholic faith, with Confession and Mass every Saturday and Sunday respectively. Will try to make the faith engaging for him.

5. He will be permitted to have friends, but only those who won't have a negative influence on him.

6. He will learn an instrument, preferably the piano.

Other urls found in this thread:

theguardian.com/world/2015/nov/06/religious-children-less-altruistic-secular-kids-study
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Sounds like you want to raise a real shut in who's only 'friends' are the people that talk to him on a Japanese image board.

stale pasta is stale

I posted this thread before and I modified the fifth point accorance to what I learned in that thread.

I've gotten that claim before, but as I said, he won't have access to the internet, (or at least online forums dedicated to Chinese cartoons), so this won't be a problem. If he slacks off in his studies once he's in college, I'll cut him off financially.

This kid is going to end up being a whackjob social outcast molested by his priest.

Child rearing is OK if it's consenting. You deepen your bond with them and help your child learn about the body as a source of pleasure.

I said he would have friends. Would it really be that hard to have friends with similar interests just because he doesn't play Call of Duty, watch Buzzfeed, or Steven Universe?

Bump

>Homeschooling all year long with no breaks
>Graduating in only 8 years or doubling up on course work to lower the amount to 6 years legally
>The chance to finish all schooling between 12-14 and having your child learn a trade or take online classes

I'm doing this for my children currently. The no TV/Vidya isn't gonna happen though. I monitor their internet usage daily and I'll beat their ass if I find any smutty shit on it. My eldest 2 are 5 and 8.

Also if your child learns another language by the age of 4 it doubles their gray matter in their brain.

>teaching him spic (literally making him a cuck by learning the language of invading foreigners)
>falling for the (((liberal arts))) well rounded meme and taking "all the AP tests" rather than just one or two and developing a passion
>meme #BLM schools instead of Caltech or MIT
>turning him into a militant atheist by pushing religion so hard
2/10. You tried.

They're going to grow up to be Bern victims if you're already letting them on the Internet at 5 and 8.

Block the Internet indefinitely unless you want memelennials.

>Homeschooling all year long with no breaks
This could work, I guess, but they would have a slightly lower course load.

>Graduating in only 8 years or doubling up on course work to lower the amount to 6 years legally
I don't see the benefit of this. 14 is probably too young for most children to become independent, and when they are old enough, that's when they leave for higher education.

>or take online classes
Or go away to college?

>The no TV/Vidya isn't gonna happen though.
Why?

>I monitor their internet usage daily and I'll beat their ass if I find any smutty shit on it.
I suggest putting parental contrlols.

>Also if your child learns another language by the age of 4 it doubles their gray matter in their brain.
This is probably an exaggeration, and it would be someone difficult. The only practical language to learn in the US is Spanish. I wouldn't want to teach this though because it's one of the least cultivated languages, (some poetry, Don Quixote... that's it). Hopefully, America will vote to make itself great again so it won't be necessary to learn even this. if I were foreign, I would make sure he had perfect English, but I'm not, so it's either Spanish, or a language of my choice, which would be Latin.

ITT degenerate hypocrit dreaming about raising a puritan brat who will reject him when hes old enough.

>how to raise a bitter, future murderer
Please never procreate

>teaching him spic (literally making him a cuck by learning the language of invading foreigners)
This would be an entirely practical language, which I wouldn't want to have taught, but there's really no other language that would be practical except maybe Mandarin.
>falling for the (((liberal arts))) well rounded meme and taking "all the AP tests" rather than just one or two and developing a passion
This is for him to get into HYPSM.
>meme #BLM schools instead of Caltech or MIT
I don't consider Caltech to be better than Harvard and Princeton. Do you really not know what the "M" in "HYPSM" stands for?
>turning him into a militant atheist by pushing religion so hard
I wouldn't want to push it too hard, but make it pleasing to him somehow.

congratulations on artificially inducing autism in your kid.

>degenerate hypocrit
More or less true, but my biggest vice is spending so much time here. Also, laziness.

>who will reject him when hes old enough
Let's see him reject me when I'm his only lifeline.

I might adopt a kid.

>Autist trying to raise an advanced autist: The post

Not a death sentence or an argument.

Somewhat true, but this "autism" has its positive aspects.

Don't be surprised when he kills you or someone else

1. No TV/video games/internet browsing
>If your child had a reason to live, he wouldn't waste it's life on these things and you're actually better off showing him good TV shows/video games/websites that would educate your kid.

2. Forced to learn Latin and perhaps Greek. Possibly Spanish, but hopefully in won't be necessary in the future.
>A dead language? Are you retarded?? Spanish, Chinese, or Russian. Almost anything else is a waste of time.

3. Home schooled. The purpose will for him to get as many 5 as possible in almost all the AP tests and get the highest scores he can in the ACT and SAT tests. Maybe a few classes on how to do well in college. The goal is to get him into HYPSM.
>Do you want to raise an autist who's self esteem is entirely based on worthless test scores? and honestly only MIT is respectable, the rest are full of nepotism and bs. It doesn't even matter where your kid goes as long as he majors in STEM and has a 3.5gpa ffs.

4. Brought up in the Catholic faith, with Confession and Mass every Saturday and Sunday respectively. Will try to make the faith engaging for him.
>Don't push your stupid religion on your kid, you can teach morals without religion.

5. He will be permitted to have friends, but only those who won't have a negative influence on him.
>If your kid succumbs to peer pressure, you failed as a parent. If he turn out well, then his bad friends are more likely to help him from being naive. I easily got my degenerate friends to respect my abstinence and morals.

6. He will learn an instrument, preferably the piano.
>The most degenerate people I've ever met were the band geeks. I'd much rather hang out with ghetto niggers or libtards than band geeks. Piano is fine but he's better off learning sports or games like chess or rubik's cube; variety is key.

Honestly kys, don't have a kid. Dictator me would have you sterilized for your stupidity.

So you're going to raise a kid who's intelligent, but socially inept basically to the point of autistic behavior. Then once he grows out of your protective sandbox and takes his first step into the real world, he's going to kill himself because nobody likes a snide loser who doesn't know when to shut the fuck up about piano.

Change the title to: "How to make sure your kid becomes a shut-in and eventually rebels"

>practical language
You mean, you're forcing him to bow down to illegals who refuse to integrate. There is nothing to be gained from interacting with those """people""". It's not practical in the same way Somalian or Abo "language" isn't practical.
>Do you really not know what the "M" in "HYPSM" stands for?
I actually didn't realize it stood for MIT. Regardless though Caltech is superior to any of those other communist schools. I went to a (((top four))) school and one of the teachers literally said that capitalism is an evil institution created by white males, and that we were too small minded to understand the genius of Marx. Anything other than a tech school like Caltech or MIT is a joke.

>good TV shows/video games/websites that would educate your kid.
I'll consider it, but most video games are made for the lowest common denominator, rarely intellectually challenging, and a waste of time. Maybe something like Portal or strategy games would do.

>A dead language? Are you retarded?? Spanish, Chinese, or Russian. Almost anything else is a waste of time.
I have a particular admiration for scholasticism, or the classical education of the 18th century, in which Latin and Greek were seen as pure and refined, from which the most polished of the European tongues are little more than barbarous degenerations. I also think that Latin is more effective at improving English, (which I think is backed by evidence). because the most astute and highfalutin words derive from Latin

>Do you want to raise an autist who's self esteem is entirely based on worthless test scores?
They aren't worthless if he gets into a top university and is respected by other people.

>and honestly only MIT is respectable, the rest are full of nepotism and bs.
If he wants to become a lawyer, the other schools would be preferable. There are plenty of professions for which Harvard and Princeton would be superior to MIT.

>Don't push your stupid religion on your kid, you can teach morals without religion.
Opinion noted, but I'm not here to debate the merits of religion here.

> I easily got my degenerate friends to respect my abstinence and morals.
He wouldn't make friends to improve them. This is difficult, and I might be lax at first, but if I see my kid developing bad habits or loose morals because of his friends, I would have to step it for his own sake.

>The most degenerate people I've ever met were the band geeks.

So far from the mark in assuming what sort of music he would learn.

> Piano is fine but he's better off learning sports or games like chess or rubik's cube; variety is key.
I don't have much esteem for sports and the rubik's cube isn't a hobby, (unless you have dangerous levels of autism), but I'll strongly consider it, but I think learning an instrument would be beneficial for him.

>Dictator me would have you sterilized for your stupidity.
Then I'm glad you are't a dictator over me.

>Homeschooling lessons only take 4-5 hours tops based on the curriculum and your child isn't being held back by other students or incompetent teachers

And lemme tell you that a parent teaching their child is so easy. Especially since you can be as strict as you want and you follow them with everything they learn.

Graduating early is good. It means that you can have them take career center courses. Its a place kids can learn a trade during high school. I took electronics and had an associates by 18. A 12-14 year old could have a masters as early as 18. Plus if they did the courses online like most colleges do nowadays they wouldn't be exposed to a lot of the shit going on nowadays.

Because I play games maybe 1-2 hours a day. Enough for 2-3 Dota 2 games or a few MHG hunts with my son.

>Also people that think children become shut ins when homeschooled
>What's church, activities, group meetups with other kids being homeschooled

In HS you rarely socialized in class. It was usually being quiet or being in trouble. Gonna miss lunch time chit chat or hall travel time? Oh god no!

>but socially inept basically to the point of autistic behavior.
I said he would have friends. I would also force him to learn to socialize at social engagements. Why wouldn't this be enough?

>he's going to kill himself because nobody likes a snide loser who doesn't know when to shut the fuck up about piano.
I would teach him not to be a bore. I'm sure he could learn to make friends in college communities, which HYPSM has the best of.

>How to make sure your kid becomes a shut-in
>No TV/video games/internet browsing
>shut-in
Ok weeb, keep living your pokeman fantasy.

that honestly sounds like a horrible childhood, youre not treating it as a kid but a project you unloving joke of a parent

>and eventually rebels"
I should have made it clearer that if he does rebel, he would be cutoff. If you mean he'll rebel when he's in my care, that's unlikely, as what I'm asking from him isn't greater than what's asked by virtually all Chinese students.

oh ye of little (((((((FAITH))))))), abandon all hope for the day of happening is upon us!

aw man!

>You mean, you're forcing him to bow down to illegals who refuse to integrate. There is nothing to be gained from interacting with those """people""". It's not practical in the same way Somalian or Abo "language" isn't practical.
Right now, I live in Miami, and if I continued to live here, it would be unnecessarily debilitating him to not teach him Spanish. Even if he lived somewhere else in the US, I might have him learn Spanish anyway. I have as little partiality towards the language as possible, but no other language except Chinese would have much practical benefit, and I do not want to hear that spoken in my household.

>Regardless though Caltech is superior to any of those other communist schools
What is the basis of this? If he wants to be a writer or a lawyer, I would not tell him to go to Caltech. It would be worse for his career.

> I went to a (((top four))) school and one of the teachers literally said that capitalism is an evil institution created by white males, and that we were too small minded to understand the genius of Marx
This makes me concerned, but I still think it's in his best interest to go to the best possible school for his career. By the way, was this a necessary class for your major?

>Graduating early is good. It means that you can have them take career center courses. Its a place kids can learn a trade during high school. I took electronics and had an associates by 18. A 12-14 year old could have a masters as early as 18. Plus if they did the courses online like most colleges do nowadays they wouldn't be exposed to a lot of the shit going on nowadays.
I don't want to drive my child down a particular career, only give him the best possible chance at following his passion, which I believe would be giving him the straightest and surest path to a top university.

>Because I play games maybe 1-2 hours a day. Enough for 2-3 Dota 2 games or a few MHG hunts with my son.
And I would consider this less socially redeemable than learning a skill.

>In HS you rarely socialized in class.
This actually wasn't my experience, but the fact that socializing could be seen as a benefit to high school shows what an ineffective use of time it is. We should either work or play, not combine the two.

>sounds like a horrible childhood,
He would have it much worse if he were living in China, or in a country even worse that would force him to do hard labor.

...so? lol

So it's obviously bearable, and I think such pains will be well-rewarded by his future achievement.

get a dog and teach him some tricks, you clearly dont give a shit about your kid but just wanna see how cool it would be to raise a robot

Good to know you're not that autistic.

1. Age of empires, Zelda, and Pokemon are pretty good intellectually while being fun for a kid. Don't dismiss games like Call of Duty for it's simplicity, it helps with reaction time and quick practical thinking against other players. MMORPGS are also good for kids to learn how to socialize without the anxiety.

2. I think scholasticism and improving an already proficient language with big words is stupid but I respect your opinion. Just don't force your kid to like your opinion as well. I know Spanish perfectly but I completely rebelled as a kid from learning French getting straight Fs because of how useless it was and now it's hard af learning a new language but I'm slowly trying to learn Russian.

3/4. Respected by nepotist like Bush and Obama. The real world respects skills not the school. A lot of lawyers just end up being trashy politicians or "fancy" litigators, I still highly recommend STEM.

>practical benefit
You keep repeating this, but what practical benefits are you going to obtain? It's the same with Chinese. Nobody, and I mean nobody will derive any economic benefit from learning Chinese. There will always be an intermediary even in the HIGHLY UNLIKELY situation where you conduct business with China. Furthermore, mainland China is basically one large polluted favela. There is little to be gained from living or traveling there. The "practical language" is a meme historically developed to sell liberal arts educations.

>writer or lawyer
Most kids don't even know what they want to do. Unless you are tailoring him to become a lawyer specifically, you are setting him up for needless indoctrination.

>By the way, was this a necessary class for your major?
HALF of the classes were like this and they were all required. I could have gone to MIT, and I should have. I repeat, do not fall for the shitty liberal arts meme. The prestige behind Harvard, Princeton, Stanford, and Yale is a kike facade.

This guy right here.
You're using your hypothetical kid as an extension of yourself in an attempt to get over your own failings.

You're not concerned about his happiness in the slightest, you're only concerned about his sucess.

This kinda sounds like a recipe for them to rebel as soon as they become a teenager.

Wow dude you've got some wishful thinking. Did the thought ever cross your mind that he might not want to do any of that? Oh wait that's cause OP doesn't deal with kids and thinks they're robots

You give them a list and let them pick from it. Show them videos of the career they chose. Its not like I'm gonna be telling him:
>Be a fucking lawyer go to medical school and become a surgeon come on faggot be a nuclear physicist

A trade is very respectable. My little 2 year degree has opened the door to several technician jobs across SC.

My kids start learning at 7 and usually stop at or before 12. Sometimes a little longer if they're struggling on a subject or couldn't answer our random quiz questions so we dedicate the ending of the lesson with something they forgot how to do.

Also after 12 they eat lunch and play for the rest of the day. Play with the neighbors kids after they get home at 4. We usually play games together or I watch them. Sad I cannot be back home with them till Wed next week.

This hyper authoritative parenting style always backfires. It makes children hate you and want to kill you. In their teenage / adult years, someone raised like this will get into drugs, sex, robbing people, etc. guaranteed. They will also be an atheist because they'll perceive it like Christians live a horrible shut-in lifestyle and they'll want to break away from it.

1. I'll consider the video game thing, but after a certain age, the activity is more atrophying than anything, and I speak from experience.

>an already proficient language with big words is stupid but I respect your opinion.
This would be to improve his English, which I think would be the effect of having him learn Latin.

>rebelled as a kid from learning French getting straight Fs
My mother tried to have me learn Spanish, to which I rebelled. I always did horribly in Spanish classes, and as I said before, I live in Miami, one of the few places in the US where you would benefit considerably not only by learning not only a second language, but Spanish. I regret not learning the language, not so much because I admire it or think I would have benefited more from it, but because it would have helped me to learn another language in the future if I were so inclined, (possibly Japanese because I'm a minor weeb)

> A lot of lawyers just end up being trashy politicians or "fancy" litigators, I still highly recommend STEM.
Are you telling me no profession outside STEM is valuable? Plenty of people are telling me I'm exerting too much pressure, but you're saying I should dissuade from the majority of careers merely because of some of the people its produced. If he wants to be a laywer, or an accountant, or an economist, or a writer, who am I to prohibit him? In which case, he should select the best liberal arts college, which would be HYPS, (I'm assuming those college have a better liberal arts program than MIT, but I could be wrong).

>economist
>accountant
>liberals arts
Lol.

Holy shit dude you're treating your future child like a fucking Morrowind character creation!! Are you going no to try and get him black genes so he does well in sports? Is it unacceptable if he's a Leo and not born under the Warrior? Are you going to pick his major skills for him?

Do your future son a favor and don't reproduce

Yeah surely kids aren't indecisive and make great logical choices! Oh man. Kid didn't want to go to school today. So I let him stay home! Can't have him doing stuff he doesn't want to do. He doesn't wanna learn about personal fiance, it doesn't interest him. Or how to maintain a lawn or fix up the house. I want what he wants because that makes him happy! Yeah let the bratty kid decide what his own future is.
>ITT: majority of people without kids tell people with kids how to raise kids

Luckily your autism will prevent you from reproducing and ruining some poor kids life.

>kys
Stopped taking you seriously there you underaged faggot leaf.

Points 3, 4, and 5 will ostracize them. Do you want aspies with no friends? That can't socialize on a normal level and get made fun of in most public spaces?
Good luck.

>Nobody, and I mean nobody will derive any economic benefit from learning Chinese.
Now, this is highly false. Maybe it's the case that the majority of people wouldn't benefit, but not every person. There are plenty of people whose careers are based on the fact that they know Chinese and are proficient in some other field.

> Furthermore, mainland China is basically one large polluted favela.
This is very likely to change in the future. You spent a long time trying to convince me not to teach him a language I said I wouldn't teach him.

>The "practical language" is a meme historically developed to sell liberal arts educations.
In certain parts of the US, there is a practicality for Spanish. If I were foreign, (especially European), English would absolutely be a "practical language," and I would make sure he was extremely proficient in it, but I'm not. The question becomes whether I teach him any language at all, and I think I should, and Latin is as useful as French or Russian to him, I think, as well as having a large esteem in my eyes for various reasons.

>Most kids don't even know what they want to do. Unless you are tailoring him to become a lawyer specifically, you are setting him up for needless indoctrination.
Are you saying I should dissuade him from becoming that? I think I made clear that would permit him any career he wanted, (sans terrorist or porn start or something like that).

> I repeat, do not fall for the shitty liberal arts meme. The prestige behind Harvard, Princeton, Stanford, and Yale is a kike facade.
This is deeply concerning. Are you sure MIT isn't similar? If it isn't, I would take advantage of the fact that MIT isn't infected in a similar way, yet still has a similar level of prestige.

There's a difference between limiting and having a ridiculous level of control. If you railroad a kid through XY and Z he's going to rebel or hate himself/you. And the point of being a kid is you CAN MAKE STUPID CHOICES SO YOU CAN LEARN AND MATURE
So go ahead and throw up the Japanese and how good they do in school and why a lot of the motherfuckers just close the door to their rooms and never come out

>You're using your hypothetical kid as an extension of yourself in an attempt to get over your own failings.
Unfortunately, rather accurate, but not entirely. I would have other people raise their children like this if I could, and I really do believe that something like this would be the ideal way to raise children.

>You're not concerned about his happiness in the slightest, you're only concerned about his sucess.
Less accurate, as I'm equating success with happiness here.

Do kids rebel in China, where they work much harder and have much less freedom? If not, why not?

First comment to make me laugh.

underrated

I don't have ridiculous control. Read the post ID. I let my kids free after 12. Although every 2 weeks on Fri-Sat they go practice taekwondo at a nearby center. I also blame my mother for their strange addiction to watching Beverly Hillbillies.

>A trade is very respectable. My little 2 year degree has opened the door to several technician jobs across SC.
I like this post most because it gives a window into what it's like homeschooling children. I still think that college is the best way to give children the most opportunities and the easiest way for them to use any of them, which is why I would try to find ways for them to get into the best university at the usual age.

>There are plenty of people whose careers are based on the fact that they know Chinese
Outside of a translator name ONE.
>This is very likely to change in the future
Lol.
>I made clear that would permit him any career he wanted
Then why limit his options by choosing a liberals arts school? The only value will be in the name recognition of the diploma.

I assure you that while MIT is becoming more [current year], it is nowhere near the level of the other "top" schools.

You're not familiar with autism, huh?

1. Good and I agree about the age, but we're talking about a kid here.

>Latin to improve his English
I know, I just find it useless to improve it anymore. If you rebelled against Spanish, think of how much more likely he'll be at rebelling against Latin. I live in Broward, just vacationing in Canada, hello fellow Floridian. Japanese is a dead language, only learn it if you don't want to read subtitles fellow weeb.

>Are you telling me no profession outside STEM is valuable?
No. Paying thousands of dollars and wasting years of your life to study it, is. UF/UCF tier unis are fine dude, I go to Broward college because I get excess scholarships in cash and I'm already getting quite a bit of decent job offers. Higher education is a meme to exploit retards.

This is why I'd sterilize you OP. Learn to be happy about yourself before having kid.

>It makes children hate you and want to kill you. In their teenage / adult years, someone raised like this will get into drugs, sex, robbing people, etc. guaranteed.
The difficulty in my mind is how to make sure the child doesn't become a complete delinquent, (either becoming a drug addict or killing himself), or how I could monitor him to make sure this doesn't happen so I could more effectively threaten him with cutting him off.

>They will also be an atheist because they'll perceive it like Christians live a horrible shut-in lifestyle and they'll want to break away from it.
This is also a concern, which I will take to heart. Perhaps I could have most of his social interaction connected with faith somehow.

I was wrong on accounting, but it's still a business degree, which isn't part of STEM, and I would think Harvard has a better business program than MIT.

Economics is a liberal arts subject, though.

This made me laugh pretty hard. I said in that post that I would give him the freedom to chose his career. How am I any worse than people saying they're going to teach their kids how hunt and shoot?

>there is a practicality for Spanish
Also, you didn't answer my question. What practicality specifically? Speaking with spics? If you consider that practical, then you're setting up your child for failure.

I am free to adopt, which might be easier than procreating, (though still perhaps rather difficult), so it's not impossible.

Thing is though most 2 year colleges in SC like Tri-County and Greenville tech course work is.. 1h30min in class once a week for each course. Everything else online. Then you have Clemson and UNSC for big named colleges which the 2 year community colleges let you transfer to. Then you have CLEP exams which is basically the same as taking the final tests of each class. So if my children know their shit (1 boy and 3 fucking girls) they can finish their general study in 3-6 months.

Wrong. Accounting and economics are not in any way liberal arts degrees. They are both highly mathematical and would benefit from a school like MIT or Caltech. You won't learn about applications of the heat equation or random walks in your black poetry slam classes.

Homeschooling shouldn't ostracize him if I find other ways in which he can socialize. I don't mean to make him a religious zealot. Finally, do your friends have a negative influence on you?

>a lot of the motherfuckers just close the door to their rooms and never come out
This would not be permitted.

>CAN MAKE STUPID CHOICES SO YOU CAN LEARN AND MATURE
There has to be a limit to this. You would naturally think that if your child wanted to be a truant, he's not acting in his best interest, despite the sacrifice to his inclination he would have to make in going to school. I'm doing the same thing, but making sure he not only goes to school, but goes to the best schools for higher education.

What can I say? Why is Zuckerjew learning Mandarin? There was an image going around on this board about some guy learning Chinese and talking how horrible it is dealing with them because they're inhuman, but it's undeniably furthered his career. I ask you, if you don't think Mandarin is practical, what language is? And if none is, why not Latin?

>Lol
I said likely, not certain. It's a possibility, in which case, Chinese might become a very compelling language for career advancement. I'm only speculating. I already said I wouldn't want to teach him the language.

>Then why limit his options by choosing a liberals arts school?
I said MIT.

>I assure you that while MIT is becoming more [current year], it is nowhere near the level of the other "top" schools.
Really? That wasn't my understanding. HYPSM has "M" for "MIT" for a reason. If not, what's the best STEM school?

This is a pretty shit role play but fuck it, I'll bite.

If before the theoretical kid is even born you're more concerned with coming up with ways of effectively "threatening him with cutting him off" then you've shit the bed right from the start. You're more concerned with your own investment and self image than the wellbeing of the individual.

Nowhere do you show even the slightest inclination of love or support towards the child. This is before you even get to the possibility of it being a daughter and not a son. They're not a pet, if they can't make mistakes and learn then they'll never realise their potential.

People have and need to have autonomy and agency. You're determined to reduce a person to a robot to compensate for your own failings and issues. Work on them first (for the next iteration of this role play).

You might not have an endearment towards sports. Why shouldn't the kid have a healthy body and be able to work both independently and as part of a team though?

Railroading the theoretical kid into Catholicism does no favours either. Faith needs to be a choice or its worthless. Also - Catholicism, growing up with a fucking neurosis and guilt complex... it's as though you want a completely dysfunctional child to turn into a dribbling robot.

Rather than having a theoretical kid, get a pet rock. You'd make a dog far too miserable.

>we're talking about a kid here
Well I'm talking about how he would be raised until he leaves for college.

>how much more likely he'll be at rebelling against Latin
As Samuel Johnson says, a good deal of Latin was "whipped into him," and it was practically a lingua franca among scholars for nearly a millennium

> I live in Broward, just vacationing in Canada, hello fellow Floridian.
Hello. How's the weather in Canad? I must have a poor memory because I don't remember the weather ever being this unbearable. It's like a sauna, though I am much fatter.

>. Japanese is a dead language, only learn it if you don't want to read subtitles fellow weeb.
Oh, I gave that up a long time ago.

>Paying thousands of dollars and wasting years of your life to study it, is.
Are you saying things have drastically changed, and recently? Look up virtually every extremely successful politician or businessman, and you'll see HYPSM or some other top university on their resume, even if they don't usually have a STEM degree. I would think, therefore, that having my child go to these schools would improve his chances at success. Also, because of their generous endowments, (at least Harvard and Princeton), the tuition isn't much greater than the average state school.

>If you consider that practical, then you're setting up your child for failure.
Speaking with foreign clients. It's getting so bad in Miami that one of my friend's friends was denied a job at Goldman Sachs because he didn't know Portuguese.

As someone who knows two languages fluently and one at an intermediate level (Czech, Russian, and German), no language is practical. You will always benefit career-wise by learning a skill before a language. Zuckerjew is only learning Mandarin, because his wife is a Ching Chong and it gets him free publicity.

>I said MIT.
I know, I'm just making sure you don't reconsider those other letters.

In my opinion, the best STEM school is split between MIT and Caltech with the latter possibly winning out. A hard third would be something like Carnegie Melon.

I haven't put much thought into how some states might have unusual programs, but I would think that the forms of matriculation are standard at the top universities. Again, I would rather the child graduates earlier than later, but that doesn't seem practical considering how much work he would have just to get 5s on all the AP exams, (even without taking a course), in addition to scoring the among extremely high on the ACT and SAT.

Well then let me assure you. Your friend was either making excuses or was never up for a serious position, because companies like Goldman Sachs do not let multi-billion dollar trade deals rest on someone who "kinda knows" Portuguese. In fact I'd be surprised if any trade deal was conducted in any language other than English. A foreign company will almost always use interpreters when cash is on the line.

My mom raised me the opposite way you want to raise your child. She monitored me, just in case I was about to royally fuck up, but she let me make mistakes and also let me hit the floor hard. I basically taught myself everything and I was essentially self-dependent by age 12. What you want to do is make your child completely dependent on you like a dog, and when they get into the real world, or you die, they will probably be depressed for 10 years and become alcoholics.

>no mention of sports, outdoorsman ship, etc.

>You're more concerned with your own investment and self image than the wellbeing of the individual.
Plausible, but not really. I'm concerned that he'll do things he regrets and that I could have done something to stop it.

>slightest inclination of love or support towards the child.
I'm rather young to be thinking of children, (at least by today's standards), and I'm only thinking about how I would raise him, but it's hard to love something in the abstract, as he doesn't exist yet.

>People have and need to have autonomy and agency.
And I think I'm giving him enough.

>Work on them first (for the next iteration of this role play).
Are you suggesting I'm being anything less than sincere in expressing my beliefs about how to raise a child?

>You might not have an endearment towards sports. Why shouldn't the kid have a healthy body and be able to work both independently and as part of a team though?
He probably should. I'll modify my list accordingly.

>Faith needs to be a choice or its worthless
At some point, it's clearly a choice.

>Also - Catholicism, growing up with a fucking neurosis and guilt complex
What you describe seems natural to me, regardless of the particular faith. Still, either he chooses it and disregards it, or keep it by choice.

>You'd make a dog far too miserable.
Again, laughed.

>You will always benefit career-wise by learning a skill before a language
Have you any idea what skill should be taught instead, or should that be just more free time for the kid?

>Zuckerjew is only learning Mandarin, because his wife is a Ching Chong and it gets him free publicity.
I knew that was a bullshit example, but I was hoping you wouldn't call me out.

>In my opinion, the best STEM school is split between MIT and Caltech with the latter possibly winning out.
Well I think MIT's prominence is growing, (even though there are several STEM programs which are better at Harvard, Princeton, and Yale), but he should really go to the university that has the program that is best for his intended career path.

>Goldman Sachs do not let multi-billion dollar trade deals rest on someone who "kinda knows" Portuguese.
It would have been an entry level position. I made a typo. I was my friend's friend, and my friend got his entry level job at Goldman Sachs because he knew Portuguese, (and he was qualified in other ways as well).

This.

Don't fall for the homeschooling meme unless you can make it work.

I was homeschooled and only had 2 or 3 friends outside of online forums and Steam (Inb4 underage b8, Steam has been around for ages)

>What you want to do is make your child completely dependent on you like a dog, and when they get into the real world, or you die, they will probably be depressed for 10 years and become alcoholics.
How could they afford alcohol if I'll cut them off? How do the glitterati bring up their children so as to ensure they also become successful? It's clearly not entirely backdoor deals and back rubbing because they later accomplish things that reveal true talent and intelligence.

I will amend my list for the future to include something like this.

I would try to find ways for the child to socialize on the outsize. I'm sure this problem has been solved by people homeschooling their children.

>Until he leaves for college
He's a kid at least until he gets out of college lol, I consider most people under 35 kids.

>Practically a lingua franca among scholars for nearly a millennium.
Dead today though, whip him Español, send him on long trips to Latin America, he'll learn a ton more like that.

>Weather in Canada.
It's hotter than SoFlo but with little to no humidity so I rarely sweat, it's awesome.
Stop being fat lmao, hit the gym and do sports you degenerate, it'll make you feel better. Pokemon Go might be retarded but it makes it much easier for me to go out and run/skateboard 10km+.

>Gave up on Jap
But desu senpai japanese is sugoi kawaii

>Successful HYPSM
There's no pride or joy in nepotism, I'd rather work with humble laborers than rich brats. Success comes from having a happy family and great friends. You don't need a wiki to be happy, stop comparing yourself to these "successful" people.

Good luck, my friend!

Depending on the college they won't need to take ACT or SAT. Even then what's covered on both from my general knowledge is what my 8 year old already knows except Trig, precal, calculus and geometry. Otherwise hes well into algebra. I know fuck all what hes doing in his literature/english studies. My wife does that. I also have Developmental Mathematics course book and I make him lesson plans from that. Following along with the book. Here have a picture of my sons Zinogre from monster hunter.

>Have you any idea what skill should be taught instead
Generally? Mathematics, computer science, analytical writing, and engineering are all multifaceted and will take you far in many career paths. Teach him calculus by age 12, and he'll have a strong headstart.

>he should really go to the university that has the program that is best for his intended career path
Well then let's review:
>science, technology, engineering, mathematics, economics == MIT or Caltech
>doctor or pharmacist == good state school for undergrad
>lawyer or businessman == MIT or Caltech for undergrad, and then Harvard or Uchicago for grad school
>anything else == meme

>He's a kid at least until he gets out of college lol, I consider most people under 35 kids.
So what's your point? When should a "kid" stop playing vidya?

>Dead today though,
My point was that there is clearly a precedent for teaching children languages that are effectively dead, as children would have learned it so they could read Latin, not so much communicate in it.

>whip him Español, send him on long trips to Latin America, he'll learn a ton more like that.
Okay? Again, if I were foreign, he would be proficient in English, as this is undeniably the most practical language in the world. I don't think it's worth

>Stop being fat lmao, hit the gym and do sports you degenerate,
The best way to lose weight is through diet, which I will be regulating soon.

>There's no pride or joy in nepotism
You keep mentioning nepotism. Unless he went to Harvard, (my father is an alumnus), he would have no connection whatsoever to those schools, so it's not nepotism as making sure he has the best chance at getting the best career, which I think HYPSM allows. Also, I've heard they have the best communities in the world for college, which is even a better reason for him to go than the quality of education, which isn't much better than many and much lesser state schools.

>Depending on the college they won't need to take ACT or SAT.
I already mentioned the goal is HYPSM, and pretty much any college that wouldn't require them is pansy garbage.

You seem to be under the impression that I would be mostly teaching him how to do well on the SAT and ACT, which isn't entirely true, as he would spend most of his leaning trying to get fives on almost all the AP exams.

>4. Brought up in the Catholic faith, with Confession and Mass every Saturday and Sunday respectively. Will try to make the faith engaging for him.
Stupid. Why not teach your child about the World and the facts of its creation rather than indoctrinating him with your beliefs?
theguardian.com/world/2015/nov/06/religious-children-less-altruistic-secular-kids-study

Good thing you'll never get any pussy or we'd have to deal with the monster of a human you create with your "child rearing" skills.

>Teach him calculus by age 12, and he'll have a strong headstart.
That seems possible, but not practical. I would have him be able to get a five on the AP Calculus exam, so I'm placing a strong importance on math as well.

>science, technology, engineering, mathematics, economics == MIT or Caltech
Harvard has a higher rated economics and mathematics program.

>>doctor or pharmacist == good state school for undergrad
If I can afford it, (which I should be because of the generous financial aid the top universities provide), why shouldn't he matriculate in a top university?
>MIT or Caltech for undergrad, and then Harvard or Uchicago for grad school
Why?

>anything else == meme
And if he wants to be "anything else"? What should I tell him?

>trying to get fives on almost all the AP exams
Even meme schools won't demand this. They prefer someone with a passion over another who is a jack of all trades.

Be a master of one or a master of none.