If everyone rode a bike instead of driving a car we'd all be more healthy, save more money...

If everyone rode a bike instead of driving a car we'd all be more healthy, save more money, and there would be less pollution? Why isn't this the norm?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=McxwoWsqc54
youtube.com/watch?v=LeLAidJl5aw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

then we'd be europoor tho

You'd rather stay fat?

We don't all live in urban areas where biking is always convenient.

Yes, that is a good point.

I would do this if I lived in a city where everything is close by, but I dont.

I wouldn't feel safe riding my bike to work unless everyone was riding a bike, my job is just off a busy crossroads. But I do like riding my bike, I just wish I didn't live in an area so close to the highway, I'm always afraid I'll get splattered by some jock asshole doing 50 in a 25.

I need to pick up my bike and drive it about 30 minutes from my house to get to my cities designated riding streets. That being said yes, I'd vote for some law that made bike riding more appealing, like a tax credit, I dunno, but in rural areas it's just impossible.

Very good point, very good

excellent point

Not everybody loves 10 miles from work.
I sure as hell wouldn't want to ride a bike from Illinois to Missouri, especially in summer.

Not all of us live five minutes from our job, you Yankee fuck

trump actually promised to promote cycling.

I don't live in a city. Biking is still the way to go, if possible. Biking 20 to 30 miles a day is like jogging 10. If you can't manage that, you're in bad shape. Also, the savings from not driving frees up money for deliveries and the like. Keeps me in great shape, too.

You actually can do this far more easily than you'd expect, and for a lot of people getting around by bike is quicker than car (although obviously this is only true for shorter journeys).

Also weather and night time. Snow, rain, and darkness suck for cycling, especially if you have to share the road with cars.

I do but not in Winter cause it's dark at 6am and I value my kidneys.

>ride a bike 45 miles to my job

Yeah nah

Commute would take more than an hour. I do bike to close places though.

>jog ten miles or you're out of shape
I remember doing ten mile battalion runs that lasted about, eh, 2 and a half hours, but that was like some kinda turkey trot shit, just barely faster than running. Anyone can do that, literally anyone.

Come back when you can ruck that ten miles in the same amount of time, or better yet actually RUN that ten miles.

Climbing hill is a pain in the ass...

Energy consumed, CO2 expelled, greater than cars. Fuck off poor faggot. Cars are good for the environment. Bikes more efficient than walking, less efficient than driving.

Nice bait

MOM MORE TENDIES!

>save money

unless you get mugged. Lots more people get mugged on bikes than in cars

Thoughtful, isn't it?

>Why isn't this the norm?
Because niggers steal bikes.

My city is far too hilly. Bicycles are most viable in flat cities.

Bike defence squad reporting in, cycling costs about 1000 GBP a year at absolute maximum, and this is assuming ridiculous things like your (high quality) bike gets nicked once a year and you get mugged once a year.

Realistically it costs about 50 GBP a year in maintenance once you've already got the bike, and a good bike costs about 500GBP. I've never got mugged cycling before if it means anything.

this desu. if there's a hill, i have to hop off and wheel it along or i'll just be spent by the time i reach the top

Combustion engines have an thermal efficiency of ~25%

and people drive a 1.5 tonnes vehicle meanwhile an average guy only weight ~75 kgs, so you burn fuel to move a mass of 1.575 tonnes. The efficiency is ((75*100)/1575)*(1/4) = 1.2%

%1.2 efficency It's kind of fucked up.

Because winter exists.

Im sure you know all about ass pain eh roach

rain, snow, cold, heat

Denver here: that's bullshit. People ride like assholes on and off roads here. The Cherry Creek bike path is a facsimile of Hell most days (not considering the bums).

the nearest anything from my house is 5 miles with a few hills
fuck that noise

Shit weather and I don't want to be sweaty in job.

groceries

You can put a basket on a bike

or a backpack
nigga

If you can bike, you can walk. Biking is for wannabe fucktards who ring their little faggot bells as they cut diagonally through intersections and expect the whole world to move aside for them.

Or the bags which go on the side of the wheels (panniers)

fatties

Biking is fun though.
And much faster than walking.
Better exercize too

Those are nice except when it rains, cause the they get splashed a lot.

R A R E
A
R
E

you can get along with the cold, the snow, the wind, the rain. these are obstacles, not enemies. comfort is more of an enemy, as it makes you soft.

It's 110 degrees here. I'm not riding a fucking bike. Shut up you damn hippie.

Ride 50km to work everyday,
Even in rain and snow
In the weekends I do 150+ km rides
Great workout ,
Fit as fuck now
Can eat as much as I want without getting fat
Save a lot of money on gas,insurance, road tax,car maintenance

I'd gladly trade my shitbox for one of these

youtube.com/watch?v=McxwoWsqc54

who is /MTB/ here?

>you can get along with the cold, the snow, the wind, the rain

Yeah and people can get along with shitting into a dug hole in the ground.

The whole leftist agenda is about decreasing our quality of life so we all live like peasants AND like it.

>muh tiny home
>muh organic subsistence farming
>muh efficient appliances that don't work as well
>muh carbon footprint

In my town even the Mormons drive in cars to go door to door. Its too dangerous to even walk because drivers see you as bonus points

Mass efficiency is difficult to achieve when you're not propelling it yourself, especially when consumers want additional features. Storage space for groceries, radios, comfortable seats that move on their own, and the ability to perform work that most humans would quickly tire out from (such as going up and down the 30-40 degree slopes in San Francisco). That all adds up, which is why mass efficiency is typically ignored. If you increase it, you're generally willing to do more of the work yourself.

It is nice to see some smaller car designs out there now, though, which is a step in the right direction. If they can mitigate and improve the safety concerns I have for them, I could see myself buying one someday. I do loves me some good efficiency.

you forgot to
>

this, i dont have a license/drive
live in Boston
can literally walk across the city in a day
many normies take the trains/busses
or bike

Some of us have a commute to work that makes bicycling very inconvenient if not impossible.

Because unlike you, some people have to get to work.

This. Walking is the ultimate healthy transportation.

Valencia, Spain. You can bike anywhere.

That is monodiet-tier bullshit.

Electric vehicles are way to go user. They have great efficiency.

- If I rode my bike to work everyday, I'd have 1 hour less in my day.
- My joints would wear out faster
- I would freeze to death because I'm a Canadian.
-My productivity at work would be reduced because of having to ride my bike to work.

1 hour is nothing

But I do.

so being hooked on technology you can not produce, maintain, technology that means constant expenses, technology you potentially don't even need is good cause it goes against leftist agenda? how is being less dependent not a positive thing?

I'm going to buy this next week, planing to use it for 100 kms a week. I think my colleagues will hate it, because of sweat smell and shit.

and even when im in the closet town with is 25 miles away there are no bike lanes and its illegal to ride on sidewalks.
so you just hold up traffic like a fucking douche anyway

Because most modern (American) cities were built with the assumption that everyone had a car.

>- I would freeze to death because I'm a Canadian.
You know if you were a real Canadian you have a natural magical resistance to the cold just like the Nords, so you must be Chinese or Indian.

/n/ here. OP is a fag, his bike is a sack of crap and only good for commuting if you live in a shithole with New Jersey class roads or worse.

Just don't go all critical mass on me and we're cool.

Being able to move a few miles under your own power isn't exactly calling for a commie revolution.

Maybe for some combinations of big ass hills, and weak riders.

It sure is easy to haul around stuff with a fucking bike.

Nigger,
Thermal Efficiency of a car is much higher during the winter since the waste heat is expelled into the cabin.
Modern cars can have 30% or higher thermal efficiency due to turbos.
Diesel turbo engines are 40% efficient.

Also, the human body isn't 100% efficient.

>roachsweat
bad idea senpai
change your clothes when you arrive and apply more deodorant

>I wouldn't feel safe riding my bike to work unless everyone was riding a bike

That's what OP said.

>If everyone rode a bike instead of driving a car

The thing is that this is pretty much impossible (the "everyone" part) because of
Still, if every resident of large urban centers (lets say the 10 most populated cities of each country), rode a bicycle, then we would all enjoy the benefits op mentioned, AND additionally we would not be in any danger by cars.

There is still the issue of trucks and buses, but they could be easily contained in the right-most lane.

LOL
kid who lives in parents basement with no responsibility telling me 1 hour is nothing. fuckoff, go work 12 hour shifts 7 days a week like an adult and ride your bike to work. Then come home cook for yourself, cut the lawn, pay your bills, do other things around the house. Then tell me an hour is nothing.

>12 hour shifts 7 days a week

We didn't know you were actually a chink.
I mean the flag is a giveaway, but still.

Why isn't this the norm?

In my case here (North Carolina):
1. Everything's too spread out unless I lived in certain areas of Charlotte.
2. Too many areas with lack of sidewalks/bike areas away from cars making it unsafe as hell.
3. Weather issues with rain/storms/heat etc especially in the summer since it's the south.

Also forgot: No way in hell would I be able to carry my groceries and other shit off my bike

>lack of sidewalks

No one on a bicycle should ride on the sidewalk. Bicycles belong on the road.

I get to work by bike and train

I am actually open to using things like subway and light rail though for alternate means of transit, I rode Charlotte's light rail once (it's now even expanding to go to the college I used to go to) we need more of this.

SENPAI, don't show me this. The more I see a CRF or DRZ, the more I want one :(((

Yeah well then have bike paths that are "separate" from cars not just tiny sections on the edge of an existing road where cars could still fuck you up.

>Strong work ethic
>Assumes china man

And this is why the white race is in decline. Lazy 30 year olds living in moms basement. Don't want to work hard jobs. Whatcha going to do when mommy dies?

That's not my bike

I do at least 20 km a day.

Some people feel the rain, others just get wet.

I was a postman and I've cycled through some shit, shit weather.

Stay mad wagie

Also what do you guys think of the Chinese prototype bus that basically glides over cars. Seems like a big accident waiting to happen?
youtube.com/watch?v=LeLAidJl5aw

Laziness and for reasons like what said

So many tanned germans in that photo, aren't you afraid one of them might axe you a question?

>>Why isn't this the norm?

Jewish bankers won't like to see this.

Ehh, if it's in China then I'm sure everyone's well aware they can expect a bullet to the head if they drive a tall vehicle into one of these things. Otherwise, looks safe to me.

Someone stole my bike while I was working the other day. I hope they get run over by a truck

Yeah the lazy white race is not sporting you fatso.
I cycle at least one hour a day, what's so hard about it?

>Why isn't this the norm?
Outside of California (hold on to your ass, this will blow your mind) there's a thing called *rain* and a thing called *snow*.

See, that's the nice thing about harvesting organs in winter, you don't need to whole bunch of ice packs ready. You just drag the guy into the alley, cut em open, pull the kidney out and stuff it in a cooler with some snow, stitch him up and leave.

Because the Urban Planning Jew made it so that public transit and cycling were no longer feasible so that you'd have to pay the Car Dealership Jew, the Oil Company Jew and the Car Insurance Jew just to get to work and slave away for the Corporate Boardroom Jew.

I rode for years in the shit back in Boston. Nothing like being out in driving snow on your mountain bike with just plows and joyriders around.

> Harden the fuck up.