Shame there hasn't been a comic book movie on par with Punisher: WarZone

Shame there hasn't been a comic book movie on par with Punisher: WarZone.

>literally who female director
>kino
how?

there has been plenty of terrible super hero movies

>catwoman
>elektra
>DD (movie)
>f4 (latest)

Funny how the worst one had the best punisher. The movie would improve a lot if they didn't have that annoying looney Bin Jim.

The ending shootout is still one of the best comic book movie scenes.

Daily reminder that Punisher War Zone > Punisher 2004

>no Dolph Punisher

Better bad guy
Better direction
Better cinematography
Best Frank
Best kills
Correct Backstory
Best body count.

Saw it twice in theaters. It's cheesy and most of the acting is bad but Ray nailed it.

Also, Wayne Knight as Microchip is a great casting

>Best Frank
Tom Jane was a million times better.

At what? Looking bored? Wearing a stupid trenchcoat? Being a shit actor? Not having the right haircut? Not looking grizzled enough? Not looking Italian? I'm usually respectful of other's opinion but yours is shit and objectively wrong. Stevenson was born to play Francis "Frank "The Punisher" Castle" Castiglione

>At what?
Better stage presence, better voice.
>Looking bored?
Ray was the one acting bored. There was zero charisma coming out of him the entire movie, which is a shame because he's great in other material.
>Not looking grizzled enough?
Tom was pretty grizzly mate, what's your problem?
>Not looking Italian?
Ray doesn't look Italian either.

Maybe you should go to bed Ray.

You sir are wrong. Ray was no nonsense punisher. Tom's punisher lived with two neets and A waitress. Then he sets up an elaborate trick to fool Howard Saint. Nope.

How can one person be so wrong about everything? Enjoy having shit taste and being retarded

wow you have shit taste

Care to elaborate or actually present any points or will you just continue being butthurt?

3rd party observer here. Dirty Laundry was pretty tight though. I hope we can all at least agree on that, main actor aside.

Stupid claims like "better stage presence, better voice" is just plain wrong. It's not true. And you're a subhuman for even having this """"""""""opinion""""""""""

Took way too long to react. Not muh Punisher

lol not butthurt. also not worth my time trying to convince you. i hope one day to runk a 5k for whatever mental illness plagues you.

>Stupid claims like "better stage presence, better voice" is just plain wrong.
Tom Jane's voice was great, so good he voiced The Punisher again for the video game. There's no need to be upset user.

tobey maguire voiced peter parker in the video game. this means he's good.

In Spiderman, it was merely done as it was a movie tie in game. The Punisher game was based on the comics and they specifically sought out Thomas Jane because they liked his voice.

Tom was way better in the 2005 game. So:
Tom Jane voice acting in the game>Stevenson> Bernthal> Tom in the 2004 movie. I haven't seen the 1989 movie however

this movie works really well if you pretend it's a gritty dick tracy reboot.

look Sup Forums i don't really care. i'm just pointing out dumb that reasoning is.

>The Punisher game was based on the comics
Eh, it was half comics half movie. Iron Man and shit were in it, but Jigsaw was this guy who survived the mine explosion in the game and they reference the movie.

And I pointed out why your analogy was shit. Clearly the game makers and many other people liked the man's voice for Punisher. There's no need to sperg out over it.

lol i'm not sperging. a cynic might say they chose jane because he was more famous. i don't personally pick favorites between either actor but it amuses me how much you know about this retarded subject.

I bet people who prefer War Zone to 2004 are the same bozos who think Punisher MAX is better than Marvel Knights Punisher.

The Max comics are bad like this movie?

>it amuses me how much you know about this retarded subject.
Knowing he also did the same character in another project is too much information? Ok user, I guess I'll try to not retain information on anything anymore.

cool. google the definition of sperg out while you're at it.

MAX is fucking amazing though. Polite sage for responding

No need, you're demonstrating it pretty well.

The only capeshit on par with Punisher: War Zone is Batman Returns and Spider-Man 2.

I think if the Injustice comics were made to exact specifications where Batman won you would have an insanely good movie series.

>Do you remember when you were going to tell me that Lois was pregnant?
>heh, you already knew
>that was a good day, Clark
>,,,,,those were good times

War Zone is way closer in tone to MK Punisher than MAX. It uses characters from MAX, but doesn't take itself nearly as seriously as MAX.

MAX is a way better run though.

Tom Jane was pretty much the only thing '04 had going for it and a good Punisher, but Ray is still better.

SM 2 & Batman Returns are really good warzone not

He's right user. You're the one who sperg'd out.

Tom Janes voice was only good in the Punisher video game. And that's only because the games punisher looked nothing like him.

>Titus Pullo dosen't look Italian

I don't think he looks Italian either. Looks very tough guy British.

Bernthal looks Italian?

I don't care for Jon. He's very one note.