DOOM FORCE

If you like Punisher 2099 and other SICK SHIT, prepare to have your ANUS blasted by the DOOM FORCE

Hell yeah, motherfuckers

Also if you like boring shit for nerds, you can read Doom Patrol
But that's so lame. Those issues probably won't be worth thousands of dollars someday like this one.

Are there any superhero comics that are like what Doom Patrol and Liefeld's were in the 90s? i.e. a totally modern and forward-thinking take on superheroes that didn't have anything to do with paying homage to what came before, or subverting the tropes of what came before.

Giffen delivering with this art.

Bump

Coming out right now, I mean.

A lot of later Vertigo stuff fits that bill. Arguably Transmetropolitan.

Oh, that's hard to say.

Invincible maybe? I'm not a fan but it's popular. Also One Punch Man is supposed to be good, though that's manga.

>boring shit for nerds
more like the comic that you can only understand Robotman and some of the philosophic/literature stuff. Still can't stop to enjoy this, I don't know why.

Aztek, although you can argue that the entire character is shitting on Azrael
X Statix
Stormwatch and The Authority, and if I hear anything about Middy/Apollo I cannot believe you've read it
Saga of the Swamp Thing to certain extent

I don't get it.

No lie, I haven't read a single word Morrison has written for DC since Invisibles but if he put out a Doom Force book as part of his Hypercrisis shit I would buy it

Morrison, Giffen and friends having a giggle because crummy action stuff with horrible art was beating DP's sales into the ground.

Dr. Girlfriend?

Meant to reply to

Oh, so it's a parody of Jim Lee's work.

Wonder if anyone's going to take the piss on modern comics like this.

>Oh, so it's a parody of Jim Lee's work.

I'm getting more of a Rob Liefeld vibe here.

How could Morrison write Liefield-tier edgy comic like that?

It joke

The whole thing is clearly a parody. It couldn't be any more obvious.

What clued you in, the oversize guns on the cover?

>who could draw this badly on purpose
>it's like a dozen people

Perhaps the ridiculous looking woman literally covered in sperm on the second page

I unironically love dumb Image books and their wacky posing and Claremont talk

Thank you for reading, and if you think comics like these are stupid, you could try something more cerebral over here

Are you fucking retarded?

Wait, there's ANOTHER one?

WildCATS, Youngblood by Liefield, Wolverine, and Claremont

Stronk womyn characters

Needs more Edgy

Thank you

My ANUS is ready. Hello.jpg

That was great. Thanks for storytiming

>Gorgeous bodies

> Mountain Lad is a photocopy from a previous page

it hurts so good

>gorgeous bodies
Uhh

>implying this isn't Hellmachine
, etc.
I know it's based on Judge Rock or whatever it was called

DOOM BUMP

Holy shit, these poses are brilliant.

Did Liefeld not finish his drawings or something? I mean, I heard he sucked at deadlines but were fill in artists a thing for him?

It's a generalized parody. Not just parodying Lee and Liefeld, but some pages sound like they're parodying X-Men. Like for instance Morgan = Logan
Mysterious Past
"He may not be the best at what he does... But fortunately, nobody else does it!" is a play on "I'm the best at what I do, and what I do isn't very nice".
And all the other obvious Wolverine comparisons.

It's my understanding this is entirely a Liefeld ripoff, as it contains every signature Liefeld trait, between exceptionally bad poses, way too many lines/teeth, lazy art work (cutting off hands and feet), panels that don't flow, lazy writing with poor editing....some more inconsistent art.

It's well known Liefeld inserts a cookie cutter Wolverine ripoff in just about everything he creates. It's his go to "wildcard" character. I could say he did it as a jab to the character but if that was the case he ran the joke into the ground...deep into the ground.

>It's my understanding this is entirely a Liefeld ripoff, as it contains every signature Liefeld trait, between exceptionally bad poses, way too many lines/teeth, lazy art work (cutting off hands and feet), panels that don't flow, lazy writing with poor editing....some more inconsistent art.

>It's well known Liefeld inserts a cookie cutter Wolverine ripoff in just about everything he creates. It's his go to "wildcard" character. I could say he did it as a jab to the character but if that was the case he ran the joke into the ground...deep into the ground.

Trust me, I read a lot of comics from the early 90's. Liefeld wasn't the only one to do most of the things you mention.

>Doom Patrol
>modern and forward-thinking
literally about a quarter of doom patrol issues are straight up parodies of other comics.

This guys almost nude form might be the most painful comic book image I've looked at in months.

>cock earrings

Bump for all to read

These guys seem genuinely rad as balls

perfect page

I find it funny some artists had a hard time
drawing like shit and couldn't contain themselves from drawing a cool thing here and there.