Why is he such a deceptive snake? Are all journalists like this?

Why is he such a deceptive snake? Are all journalists like this?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/BZabjNlrOEo
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>Why is he such a deceptive snake?
tbf he wasn't a serious journalist/documentary maker at first. His sarcastic style was perfect for the early stuff.

>Are all journalists deceptive snakes?
Yes. I've been in a popular womans magazine and a national newspaper, both times they lied about what I'd said and frankly just made shit up to sensationalise the story.

Aw op did he say something to hurt your feelings? Do you want to talk about it? It might make you feel better!

... I'll elaborate..

When I was 16 my gf and I were stopped in the street and asked questions by 2 journalists working for Womans Own magazine. A pretty big magazine in England. They were doing a story on kids buying Lottery scratchcards. We answered a bunch of questions, had some pictures taken and gave them our details. A few weeks later the double page article appeared, and, apart from our names, they'd literally just made the rest up, They'd said I was 14, hooked on scratchcards/gambling 24/7 etc and made up a bunch of shit about what I'd do if I won the lottery.. buy Cars, Jets whatever, even though I'd told them I never play the lottery, and if I won I'd share it between family etc

Few years later I was interviewed for a local paper after scoring 2 goals on my debut for a local football team. I can't remember what I'd said, or what the article said, but what they printed was just 100% made up BS.

NEVER trust what you read in the papers. It's printed purely to sell papers

He's just a copy of Jon Ronson who isn't as thoughtful.

If you find joy in lying, what else would you rather be doing?

Is that defamation? Couldn't you sue them for blatantly lying about you?

no one asked you to elaborate. we simply don't care. go to reddit they will care. i'm not even saying that to be a dick they will genuinely care.

What makes you say that OP?

When I was 12 I was asked to write a column for the local newspaper. I wrote one and they printed it verbatim. The newspaper gave me all the mail they received in response to what I wrote and had me write more columns. I became a local sensation. Eventually I was asked to pose for the cover of a magazine which had an article in it about me. The article was exactly accurate.

I was just happy to be "famous" at the time. I think I bought 10 magazines to show friends/family. The football one was only a few lines. But looking back I should have sued the cunts yeah.

I always liked Louis. Recently rewatched pretty much all of his stuff for the first time in a few years and found myself disgusted a lot of the time. He's very nice in Weird Weekends but is a dishonest cunt who treats everyone he doesn't agree with like shit in everything else. Anyone with a view outside the mainstream narrative is an enemy to him.

What a fucking tool

Slightly different situation. The magazine in question was trying to blow-up the issue of children gambling and make a story out of it.

Good for you though. Do you still write?

Damn, you daft.

That's because English media is the worst right-wing horsecrap in the world. Not all of us live in dead empires.

i write for a major newspaper in a major city, yes. i write for the video game section. its easy because my dad knows a bunch of people at nintendo from his old job, so i've got a lot of connections no one else can get. its really all about who you know these days or how well you can sensationalize.

Hey, thanks for the response. I don't really want to post more information here now though, given the responses that your response to me has generated. I feel like we're the only two people communicating earnestly here and it's a little spooky. Are you a girl? In any case, I think I'm done contributing to this thread.

>English media
>right-wing

What did he do, OP?

I was a kid man. You're right though, I was quite wet behind the ears.

Awesome. Do you get "bribes" for giving good reviews or can you just write what you want?

i am a girl. its funny you ask because my titties were literally tingling as i read the rest of this post. unrelated, if you give me your social i'll arrange to make lovings to you at a time of your discretion. please respond rapidly.

Talking is good. Shitposting is overrated.

Yeah I'd never post my magazine article because I know what would happen.

i can write whatever i want all the time. i basically run the nintendo department because my dad worked for nintendo. i did a whole expose on how to get mew but they redacted it because i wasn't supposed to have that information. boy did my ass get spanked when i got home.

LONDON

Fuckoff retard, trying to pretend you're me.

ok I'm out.

cheers dude, later..

hah so right. london doesn't have socials. please giving me your bank number now for sex.

come back we want to hear more about how cool you are. you have such a unique view of the world. tell us more stories. we care we care so goddamn much about you.

Who else in here /etsubatsu/ ?

in the 90s a reporter from our city paper came to my 4th grade class and asked us about pokemon, which was just starting to sweep the nation
my friends got quoted but i didnt
end communication

Jealousy will age you like a motherfucker

>it's a Louis covers a very depressing subject episode

i don't understand what i'm meant to be jealous about.

what this

i do. i really do. except for how painfully jealous it makes me.

>seething this much

i just want to be in the papers... i have gambling problems too and no one writes about that.

If I recall correctly he's interviewing a man who's being held in a psychiatric facility for murdering his dad and being found not guilty by reason of insanity.

youtu.be/BZabjNlrOEo
reminder that this exists

>That's because English media is the worst right-wing horsecrap in the world
>right-wing

There's one conservative tabloid (and tons of left-wing and neutral ones) so some people act like the tabloids are all right-wing

>that awkward interview of Louis Theroux on the WTF podcast

Alternative reality posting at its finest

Jesus, that was hard to watch.

It was good. When I go on WTF I am going to shit on Marc heavy.