What was his fucking problem?

What was his fucking problem?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Problem_of_evil
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

His daddy was mean to him

Plus every petty controlling douche-canoes' problem [see Marvel's Manlet-Man; Snyder's Batfleck; 9.5 out of every 10 Image writers]:

teeny peen

Did you really not get him?
Just think about it for a while this character was written perfect if you understand it

Autism

superman was the only obstacle between him and owning the entire soon-to-be west coast of america

This.

Which is stupid. I like how people defend him when Lex's motivations have ALWAYS been more complex and deeper than just, "My daddy would hit me," along with some bullshit notions of Hollywood atheism.

No part of this Luthor was good.

Autism.

No, really.

The character was alright, but it sure as shit wasn't muh Luthor.

>but it sure as shit wasn't muh Luthor.
It really wasn't.

Fedora tipping autist

He was in denial about being gay.

>Lex's motivations have ALWAYS been more complex and deeper than just, "My daddy would hit me,"

thats what Lex would like you that to think, that he has valid reasons to not trust or hate superman but its always been petty jealousy.

>noone is greater than me

DC did too much of a rush job on his character to try and catch up to marvels level and they dropped the ball while doing so. Their world building is still several movies behind

You can 100% like the character better if you change his name in your head from Lex to any random OC billionaire genius you'd like

Even he was aware of how horrendous of a casting choice he was so gave a performance akin to someone ejecting every bodily fluid out of every orifice of his body simultaneously.

Also his tough voice is a joke, he always sound so weak, unsure, his voice about to crack it's not the voice of a threatening person.

Miscast, that was it.

Thats because this version of Lex is not a threatening person. He is a pathetic one.

Whether that was the intent is up for debate, but this version of Lex:

Isn't charismatic or able to sway a crowd, as evidenced by his inability to get through a short speech at his own party without rambling as fuck and finally sperging out so hard he has to leave the stage.

Isn't terribly smart, not just because his plans don't make much sense but also because the only thing keeping him from being arrested for the shit he pulled in Africa after being connected to it BECAUSE OF COURSE HE WAS, was that the CIA was there and it would be inconvenient to expose that fact. If Jimmy Olsen had not blown his cover and died, Lex would have been behind bars within the first 20 minutes of the movie.

Isn't physically powerful. Not that we would expect him to be against Superman, but the fact remains that without the ability to oppose Superman directly he needs to have some other way to threaten him.

And he isn't even a good businessman. He inherited all of his money, he isn't a self made man. His greatest achievement in life is not pissing away the family fortune, and eventually throwing billions of dollars at making Superman's life marginally more shitty because of a misplaced sense of militant atheism that only works if you take at face value the Snyder forced narrative that Superman is LITERALLY Jesus.

>thinking Lex's motivations have ever been deeper than "I HATE SUPERMAN AND WANT TO KILL HIM"

Yeah, it doesn't even make sense that Luthor would think of Superman as divine, becasuse Luthor thinks nothing is divine. He would see Superman as just a big palooka doing his best and failing because, as we've established, he's not perfect. Superman let a ton of people die in MoS, not because he's evil, but because he's just kind of dumb.

Yeah. Honestly, the courthouse scene could easily have been Lex's entire payoff and it would have made for a MUCH better movie.

Because it proves that Superman is not all-powerful. He failed, in a spectacular fashion, and people died as a result.

In that moment, Lex has gotten his catharsis by proving that Superman is no god, affirming that god is a fake.

He doesn't NEED to do the stupid BvS cagematch fight or Doomsday plans anymore. His emotional payoff should have been right there.

Instead, its a scene that ultimately contributes fucking nothing to the movie aside from making Superman sort of mopey for the next 8 minutes.

hang on I thought the thing at the end with "i'm crazy lmao" was to let us know that it was all a ruse - him constantly bringing up his dad was to make it seem like he was unhinged, but really he was just the same old lex from the comics (as we could see from his plans)

He was a poorly-written character in a poorly-written movie.

urolagnia

That's some of it, hell, a whole lot of it, but there are other aspects.

My basic understanding of comic Lex is that he has three guiding facets:

1) The futurist that beleives that mankind can only live up to it's true potential (with himself as first amongst equals) when 99% of the population stop being so complacent with their lot thanks to the superpowered 1% wiping their asses.

2) The 9th level superintellect that is so far advanced from his common man that he can no longer relate to them and can only see them as insects, pets or tools.

3) The irresistable need to dick dastardly himself in his moments of triumph.

He also hates that Kryptonian as much as a certain other villainous genius hates that one specific Erinaceus europaeus.

Kind of like how MoS Superman is a Martian Manhunter movie and BvS is better as Red Tornado VS Green Arrow.

Isn't it more like Lex Luthor uses Superman as scape goat to do his evil shit, justifying without Supes he would save mankind on his own?

Depends on the writers.
Sometimes without Supes he just keeps building giant robots to take over the world, sometimes he makes a utopia.

He had a very clear hatred of meta humans and vigilantes. So much so that he tried to pin Batman and Superman to wipe each other out.

He'said also been tracking the Flash, Cyborg and Wondy for a while, trying to secure weapons to eliminate them.

The reason being...daddy spanked him?

He's the envoy of Darkseid and it's literally fucking with his brain. Fucking casuals.

He was an autistic weirdo before that.

>before
You don't see before that, it's the entire movie. Everything Lex does is being influenced to prepare for Darkseid's arrival.

Lex literally finds out about Darkseid when he gets onto the ship halfway through, its even on the extended version where we see him learn about it.

The only thing he did was create Doomsday afterwards, since the cagematch plan was already in motion.

Eisenberg playing Eisenberg was his problem.

except nobody wants a pathetic Lex.

That's why most folks hate it.

we wanted DCAU Lex onscreen.

And they did nothing to save him.

Blown out by the ultimate cut.

>What was his fucking problem?
All y'all nigga's is just hatin' on my boy. Best Arcade by a country mile.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Problem_of_evil