Better call Saul thread

Better call Saul thread

So what did you guys think?
Jimmy is one the best characters in tv history. He almost went the route of Lester Nygaard but came back to sanity.

Discuss

Really like the show, but it will be sad to watch Jimmy slip in terms of his sharpness. I think him forgetting to turn off the mic when talking to Erin was just the beginning.

this is going to be an epic meme

Still really slow, and like with everyone I am really anticipating the moment the show starts to heat up, but it's the best show on tv, it's just the best. I love it. Season three was great, it didn't blow my hair all the way back but there was some 10/10 shit and it's still my favorite show. I'd rank it like
First season is best
Third season is second best
Second season is third

I have to echo this sentiment, but with Kim also. As end of S3E9 and all of S3E10 showed, Kim's actions call into question whether she has the gravitas and dedication to strike it out on her own as a solo practitioner.

are you serious ?

I don't think that's her problem, I think she's got everything it takes to be a solo lawyer. I just think she doesn't really like it at the moment.

honestly main disappointment is still the way they are and aren't using the guy playing nacho. if you ever played farcry 3, that actor plays a mean psycho cunt, i was really looking forward to seeing that at some point in BCS. oh well.

this

lowqualitybait.jpg

Who says that still isn't coming? We are going to see these characters change a lot. But yeah, no, Nacho is not Vaas, they're very different. I like Nacho though, he's chill.

>if you ever played farcry 3

SHUT THE FUCK UP ABOUT HIS FARCRY 3 SHIT, HE'S NOT PLAYING THE SAME FUCKING CHARACTER SO WHY ARE YOU BITCHING THAT HE'S NOT PLAYING THAT CHARACTER AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

So how do you guys think it's going to end? Personally I think Jimmy will end up getting disbarred, losing Kim, going to jail, and being one of Mike's guys that was killed by Walter and the skinhead gang. It would be a nice bow on a stellar show.

I know. Its so cringe.

Actually I think next season Jimmy will die and it will be revealed that Walter was Saul all along

because he was great at it? stop getting upset at such a minor thing that :('s me. it is pretty cringe.

how do you even live with yourself

>So how do you guys think it's going to end?
when it gets canceled after failing to get a season 4

When BB finished and I heard about BCS, I was excited. But it took them 2 years to deliver the serie and I totally lost interest. I'll never watch it

why would it get cancelled? it has more viewers per episode than Breaking Bad did in Season 3. Explain yourself pleb.

don't get your hopes up, kid. word around is that it's getting cancelled. i can't say more than that

Yeah, he should have just used the shrink rays like Westworld

Are you crazy?
Do you want to get hit by a piss flood?

I hope so, this was a perfect finale

I could have screamed during the chair yoga scene

alright, question regarding the chair yoga scene.
why the fuck did jimmy do that? he could have done it in a much easier way, that would make him look like way way less of an asshole, for instance, just telling them the truth and that he pressured nancy to settle because he knew shes too naive and stupid to understand the lawyer jargon.
why did he burn literally all bridges regarding elder law? it was an unneccessary overkill imo.

>i personally think he did it because he knew he actually doesnt enjoy elder law, and this way even if he comes to a point where he thinks about going back, he can not. he burnt these bridges to prevent his future self from going back and doing something he doesnt enjoy doing.

>Jimmy slipping in terms of sharpness
>Slipping Jimmy
Bravo, simply bravo

He couldn't bear to tell them face to face

>slips professionally at chair yoga
>slips literally in music store
he's getting careless and airheaded

i suspect the magnetic hypersensitivity is hereditary and jimmy has it as well. this will probably be the focus of season four.

he felt so guilty he wanted to punish himself

How much do you think they'll milk the series?
I mean, Kim still has to disappear, probably they still have to settle some things at HHM and Sandpiper, they still have to grow the bond between Mike and Gus, some "during BB" shit... all this before the Gene phase.

If he did it nicely, they would just think he was lying to protect granny. He needed to do it in a way that they would never suspect he was lying.

hats not true. he didnt even try it nicely, he tried some bullshit stuff like giving them fucking cupcakes.

A R T
R
T

Why did Jimmy give Chuck a battery in the courtroom? They're brothers, he could have just brought the battery with him when he visits Chuck at home.

My favorite character is Howard. That guy is swell and I'd like a Howard episode.

s3e10: fell asleep/10.

I liked this season so far, but that was bad.
Also im getting tired of Jimmy sounding like he is clinically depressed all the fucking time.

BB only ran 5 seasons. At this pace, BCS might match.

Now that I'm caught up on Better Call Saul, should I watch Breaking Bad?

I'm on the fence, I could easily go either way.

I have liked Howard since it was revealed that he respected Jimmy all along and it was Chuck responsible for holding him back

You haven't watched BB?

Dude, yeah, you should see it through at least once. Don't even read people's opinions about it until you finish it.

BB is like prison break = season 1 is good, the rest is shit.
Saul appears in s3 and he is the sole guy interesting, since walt is a beta clihé

>he is the sole guy interesting
In English, we put the adjective before the noun. Remember that for next time, Yves.

Go watch it and report back about the experience of watching BCS first.

dammit jimmy

There's an interview with one of the writers discussing how limited the viewpoint of BB was in terms of scope. Just because some of these characters aren't there doesn't mean they have to disappear, necessarily. Before the show even came out, we were told Post BB events would eventually happen.

Assuming these aren't the black & white flash-forwards they've been showing, how do we think this is going to go down?

No one gonna mention Chuck's house burning down? Did he do it intentionally? Was that the last we'll see of Chuck?

I always suspected Chuck dies before Jimmy turns into Saul, just because it seems like it will give him more reason to become a dirty lawyer. IDK, thoughts on this?

I feel bad for Chuck

Is this the new shrinkray meme?

Rewatching season 1 now, the way they set up Howard as "typical asshole in a suit" is pretty fucking sweet. Since it turns out he isn't that at all, and is literally a nice guy stuck in between a brother's feud.

Have another (You), mister fisherman

No one is mentioning it because there's nothing to say. Chuck committed suicide. Now we speculate about what happens next

Would be a good way for him to go out but damn I enjoyed watching Michael Mckean play Chuck

Well his last words to him were basically...

"Just do it Jimmy, stop pretending to be someone you're not"

Once he's dead, I think it's going to go a long way towards Jimmy losing his morals. I think the final straw however will have to be something with Kim - My guess, he gets involved in some gangland shit, something bad happens and Kim has to go bye bye with a new life/identity.

>name of he show is better call saul
>for 3 seasons there have been no saul to call

Daily reminder that Kim survives BCS and ends up using Jimmy's scams to get to the good stuff

>Commercial selling commercials with film student fags

That was a refreshing surprise for the show imo, I wasn't expecting much at the start.

The commercial storyline was the "official introduction" to Saul, but he's used the psuedonym since his conman days in Cicero.

Keep up.

I agree, it will be sad to see him go. He's the best character in a cast of great characters.

If Marco's death had the change in Jimmy that it did, just imagine what Chuck's death will do.

Does anyone else get kind of creepy vibe from Jimmy interacting with Kim after her accident? I'm worried how he'll behave with her now that she's so vulnerable and he will literally be a walking open wound.

It definitely seems like season 4 will be the real turning point from Jimmy to Saul

I agree with next season being Jimmy's actual decline, but if you remember he freely gives away the information that his name is actually "Jimmy McGill" but that he changed it for the Jews. He says it in his first conversation with Walter.

My point is I don't think he ever goes with a legal name change or identity change. I think whatever happens will be an emotional/dramatic turn.

The story is turning into "Everything Jimmy touches turns to shit." And so far that's been true.

>Howard
>Chuck
>Kim
>Skater Boys
>Gus
>Mike

Jimmy is instrumental in the down fall for every one of these characters. Pretty scared to see what happens to poor Kim next season, desu.

Show is literally lower rated than Basketball Wives and Teen Mom.

Season 4 NOT GONNA HAPPEN

They'll keep it on the air. May have low ratings but there is a following and amc doesnt have shit else other than walking dead

Where were you when you realised Howard is the most stand up guy in this show?

At home.

Wonder if Jimmy will get that 3mil that Howard gave Chuck for leaving HHM

That's what I immediately thought when the episode ended. Jimmy is Chucks last living relative, they said so several times. Jimmy gets the million from the settlement and all of Chuck's money.

Wills. How do they work?

You mean that will that was in the burning house?

Chuck ceases to be a partner only when he has the money and sign the paper. he has not signed the paper and has no money, so jim will inherit nothing

Chucks share just ceases to exist? Is that really how it works?

it depends on the legal status of the business. sometimes the partners must agree within X months that the inheriting guy becomes partner

So we got the plot for the next season already.

sometimes the business no longer exists as soon as partner X dies
sometimes, the business exists and is controlled only by the remaining partners
sometimes, the new guy is automatically partner, but with SAUL it would be ridiculous to have somebody who has lost his license.

sometimes, the status say that some guy not related to the dead takes over as partner

so once chuck dies, there will be an episode where the status of the business will be read carefully to know what will happen

HOLY FUG

Everybody on Howard's dick right now but next season y'all gonna hate him kek

I would give anything to fuck Erin silly

I'm watching the episode before last where I left off

Why the fuck is Jimmy fucking up this old lady's life so hard

Just for greed?

GOD DAMMIT JIMMY THAT'S ALL SHE'S GOT

THAT'S ALL SHE'S GOT IS HER SOCIAL LIFE

JIMMY STOP FUCKING UP IRENE'S LIFE JESUS

THIS IS SO HARD TO WATCH

I like Kim as a a character but I would hate to see her downfall into addiction. I have mixed feelings about this.

I can deal with the meth - hey, everybody needs some fun in their life. But Kim is addicted to work and that's something I simply can't be in approval of. It harms not just the people all around her but also herself.

She's so consumed by her professional that her pseudonym, Wendy, that it is who she really thinks she is. Who she really is.

And this is where it gets tricky. Chuck is a genius, we all know that. But so is Kim/Wendy. Chuck, at a young age, undertook gender reassignment surgery and changed his name to Kim Wexler and travelled to the future. I mean, has anyone seem them in the same room together? Yes, several times.

Bur remember, Chuck is a genius. He can time travel. That's what he is doing with the tinfoil lining in his house. It's his time machine.
Anyway, once Kim (formerly Chuck) becomes Wendy, her inner Chuck decides be wants to become Chuck again, and he does, and travels back in time back to where he left off, almost.
He came back six months after he had left, to explain his aged appearance, and lives a normal life and eventually finds a wife. One day his wife finds out his penis is prosthetic not real and she irrationally chooses to leave him.
When Chuck came back from his unexplained six months absence, he became an obscenely good lawyer. That's why HHM are so tolerant of his current condition. They'll know he'll come back as and be the best lawyer ever.

Just like Kim always wanted to be. Wendy is just an interim stage before his success in law.

>Still really slow, and like with everyone I am really anticipating the moment the show starts to heat up

After three seasons you'd think you would understand that just isn't going happen. That's not the style of this show.

If they would go with the Kim -> Wendy route it would make BB even more fucked up considering that Saul would be in the business that fucked her life up and he would be okay with it just because it makes him mad money.

Saul appears in season 2 and season 1 of BB is good, but objectively the worst.

Daily reminder that Kim is still in love with Jimmy in BB, just look at the balding, giant nose having guy she replaced him with.

I really wonder what'll drive them apart

youre all hooped up on goofballs arent you

are you people actually fucking nuts
first off, wendy isnt considerably older than kim, neither is the skank. also, how the hell do you expect kim to suddenly become a meth addict? you dont just wake up a methhead.

there is no way kim wexler becomes drug addicted trash.

Like BCS is even the type of show that would do a shitty epic twist like that

> you dont just wake up a methhead.

Not anyone you're replying to but you don't wake up and decide to be one either.

But since we're on the subject, painkillers legally prescribed for medicinal use have lead many, many people down the road to drug abuse and addiction. Schoolteachers, lawyers, engineers, you name it. Happens plenty frequently.

Kim already has an addictive personality

Cigarettes, coffee, work, and now "the good stuff, always the good stuff"?

>shitty twist
There's a reason why she's so adamant about not being a skank, user. It's because she's a bar accredited lawyer.

Mike wins

What do you guys think Chuck's death'll do to Jimmy? Will it fuck him up, or will Jimmy just kek and recall that he was right in saying Chuck would die alone
Will everyone know it's suicide or will it be passed off as an accident?

BCS is so much better than BB, if anything it makes me hate BB for ruining half the cast of BCS in that piece of shit garbage show.

If vince is smart theyre gonna play split timelines from now on and pretend breaking bad never happened.

PREDICTIONS
>chuck and hector wake up in the same hospital room

>mike was really sent to belize

Was mike in the last episode or did I miss something?

>pretend breaking bad never happened.
Why would he do this?

Because breaking bad is poorly written garbage compared to BCS and I'd rather see more of the kinotastic jimmy mcgill show than edgy mcheisenberg normiebait.

>tfw that guy also played the man who fixed Chuck's door and nobody on this board even noticed

Based.