New Blade Runner 2049 footage from Entertainment Weekly

Well, Sup Forums?

ew.com/movies/2017/06/21/blade-runner-2049-footage-exclusive/

Other urls found in this thread:

ew.com/movies/2017/06/21/blade-runner-2049-footage-exclusive/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

All I see is ostentatious cinematography.

Just like the original then

Kek, fucking hypocritical Harrison Ford talking about what a pleasure it was to get back into the world of Blade Runner when he didn't even like the first movie and called his character "a detective without a case to solve" or some shit like that.

Deakins is really trying this year

I hope that Villenueve makes it good.
I'm worried he's getting into a rush, putting out a movie every year. It might hurt the actual quality.

Which will lose WB more money this or King Arthur?

Which films this year are looking likely to cuck him out of another Oscar?

Why is she so god damn lovely?

Is Jóhann Jóhannsson worth a shit? Is his score for this going to compare to the original?

>having harrison ford
>not having sean young

dropped

epic! I love sequels to 40 year old films!

Not hard enough. I was fucking shocked to see that a lot of the effects are in fact full sets and models, the substandard digital camera he's using for this took all that hard work and made it look like CGI anyway.

His score for Sicario is fucking fantastic

And although I really love Vangelis' soundtrack it kind of overwhelmed the images at times.

>Harrison Ford phoning it in again

I'll check out some stuff from Sicario on Youtube. I saw the movie but I can't say anything from the score stood out to me, which kinda seems to be the norm these days.

Rachel's probably dead, the date carved onto some wood Ryan looks at is pretty close to when she would expire

He did the soundtrack of Arrival and Prisoners too

The tracks The Beast and Caravan made the movie very tense for me.

wonder woman, obviously

I saw both of those as well...I feel like for the most part film music is more understated these days, or at least by the time you see the final product, that's how it comes across. Maybe it's all the modern composers consciously moving away from leitmotif.

I'll check 'em out, thanks.

why is her head so small?

So wait, in the first film Deckard wasn't a replicant, then he was a replicate? So now in this film we see old Duncan as an old man so he is a human? Does that mean Gosling is a decepticon? I'm very confused by this story. Goosling seems to imply he is a cyborg and damian isn't. But also "I have questions to ask" implies david was a terminator.

It isn't. Gosling has a huge head and she's a small petite woman.

Deckard should be dead too then

Yeah film music is shit now. Just like visuals, it's all dark brown gritty visuals, and music is just background noise to set tone, not to drive emotions.

Deckard was built to be all but human, probably had a much longer lifespan than the rest. The reason Batty and the rest were dying is because they were built to be short-lived and very strong/fast/smart

Fuck I hope they drop that LOL DECKARD IS A REPLICANT YOU GUYS bullshit.

god, it looks just awful. another wb misfire.

Deckard and Rachel's models were built with 60 year life spans

This film won't be anything except a massive letdown.

The older I get, I no longer feel compelled to watch something just because it is part of a franchise I was interested in.

I haven't watched that new Alien film and I probably never will. To me, everything about it's production looked like absolute shite. So why should I inflict banality on my brain when I know fine well it will do nothing but either cheapen the affaction I have or just plain annoy me.

I will never, EVER, watch this pile of shit either.

Thanks for reading my blog.

That's exactly how I feel, it's like they want the music to just stay out of the way, so most composers create these unmemorable soundscapes nowadays.

Remember when the computer program that shot Life of Pi won a Best Cinematography Oscar over Deakins?

Reminder that the Oscars are a fucking joke
Reminder that Rotten Tomatoes are a fucking joke

Saw the first cut last month (CGI about 90% complete), it exceeded my expectations.

Synopsis?

Effects and lighting look too subdued. The original was very contrasty and had a lot at night time filming. Also needs more rain and neon lights.

Biggest element missing?

Vangelis doing the soundtrack.

Yea this is complete bullshit.

This is one of the most hotly anticipated movies amongst nerds who leak shit about screenings in years. If there were screenings and shit to leak from them we would know.

should've been Trent Reznor desu.

What do you want to know?

Post a complete in-depth plot synopsis including specific information not shown in promotional material or fuck off right now.

Literally anyone can make up vague answers to specific questions. If you saw the movie then prove it.

She'll be a popular waifu when this comes out.

It was nice of them to shoot Harrison in whatever clothes he turned up to set in.

>PLS BE GOOD PLS BE GOOD PLS BE GOOD

THE DEAKMAN COMIN THRU, AS USUAL

heresy

I'm not dumping the entire plot. I will answers questions though. You ask for something not released yet? Lennie James plays a guy who runs an orphanage/labor camp where kids strip valuable parts off of old computer components in a city sized junk yard.

Year 2049.

> Trailer shows crowds of literally just white people.

Lol.

This does seem to be a recurring problem. Episode II & III both featured practical effects and full sets to some degree, but digital seems to produce an effect that said effects are instead CGI.

>I'm not dumping the entire plot. I will answers questions though.

Then fuck off. You're essentially admitting that you're making this up.

Just bulletpoint the plot then.

does deckard die

I saw at least one black person in the footage linked in the OP (I think it was the guy from TWD, wasn't it?).

Unless the setting has moved to a different city, shouldn't the crowds be mostly asian like the original?

Yes. It's a reveal in the third act that he actually was a replicant the whole time and Wallace gave him updates that allowed him to age. He sacrifices himself to save K and it's something of a reversal of the Batty's death in the original.

No

That's complete BS

Of course he does. Harrison Ford is a faggot who hates all the iconic characters he's ever portrayed.

We do it on my terms or not at all.

I already said I'm not spoiling the entire plot.

He lives

>most of the winners are jews
What a surprise

>We do it on my terms or not at all.

Because you're a fawning teenaged beta-virgin still going through puberty and easily lead around by the dick.

It looks great, but so did Prometheus.....which sucked goat balls.

Ford will be ass, as he has been in everything he's done in the past 20 years.

An X for Silence

Fucking hang

>digital camera
Into the trash it goes

>it's like walking on a knife edge
DROPPED

>look at this guy being ATTRACTED TO A WOMAN, what a FAG

Angel

How does this dogshit manage to look worse than a 30 year old movie?

lol how else should Blade Runner look you goof

The story....... the themes...... the stunning... visual.. environments...
It was a pleasure to get back to the world of brade unnerr again

>look at this guy WHITE KNIGHTING for another submissive fawning beta-virgin

What a faggot.

You seem mad.

Are you having trouble getting your dick up or something?

She's a hologram

Hollywood think tanks have realized it's racist to show nonwhites in a dystopian setting.

>mfw all this beta-virgin butthurt

The jews are careful to not reveal their plans to normies.

It looks so much worse than the original.

it looks fine
not as good as the original but its passable

>ew.com/movies/2017/06/21/blade-runner-2049-footage-exclusive/
The more i see of ryan gosling the more i'm convinced he's a shitty actor. Has he done anything other than stare without expression?

He's only like that in this movie because he knows he's a replicant so he acts like a machine and distances himself from others

You know I think the other user was kinda right.
I still think she looks cute but her head looks kinda small.
I think it's either her chin or the space between where her nose ends and her eyes that does it.

original set a very high bar desu. ridley/cronenweth killed it

What was Claudio Miranda's role in Life of Pi and Mauro Fiore in Avatar then? Honestly asking a question here.

DAY ONE FUCKING PURCHASE