So here it is

So here it is.
video in the link
adweek.com/news/television/king-hill-s-hank-returns-promote-ufc-200-new-adult-swim-branded-spot-172298

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=C_KpzgeQGEI
johnkstuff.blogspot.com/2007/07/taking-cartooniness-out-of-cartoon-does.html
kickstarter.com/projects/1056985656/john-ks-cans-without-labels/comments
youtube.com/watch?v=sVEEOZ80Na4
vocaroo.com/i/s1t0me9bnrmW
twitter.com/AnonBabble

It sounds like the voices were recorded inside of a tin can.

That sure was a cartoon, yes sir.

Nice one, John.

Now, please pray tell when you're going to finish Cans without labels.

>One more thing George.
>Yeah?
>How do you do all that crap with your face?

I can't be the only one who laughed at this.

Did the can have a label?

It better be the one without, if Johnny-boy knows what's best for his rump!

Yeah, I agree - John K. is a genius!

I liked it. Good job John. Kudos to his handlers that reigned him in just enough.

It says there are going to be four shorts. Assuming they're not all Kricfalusi's, I imagine one of them will be from Shmorky and KC Green.

So is the short angry guy John K's insert or something? I feel like he's in everything John K does.

Could also ask the same for "Hank Hill" and Mike Judge.

Not to mention the article says they'll be making new characters for those shorts.

Kind of understandable if you ask me.

George is technically a character from Ren and Stimpy. John K voices him though so I guess you can say that he is his insert in a way.

Geez. Normally I like John K's animation, but this looks like garbage. The art style is unmistakably John K, but the animation is so fragmented and employs virtually none of the fundamentals of animation. What gives? Did he outsource the actual animation to an intern or something?

I thought John K hated King of the Hill (and Family Guy) since they had no reason to be animated cartoons

Did you ever see his Simpsons couch gags?

>White reached out to Judge about creating an animated short, and Judge tapped friend and fellow UFC fan Kricfalusi.
>friend

Apparently not.

Shmorky the diaperfur tranny?

Ew, no thank you.

Guy might know his animation trivia but like a lot of 'masters' of art forms he thinks he's above the rule novices have to atick to

if you aren't a huge douche you can usually be friends with people and disagree with them.

Pretty sure John K loves "King of the Hill" and "Beavis and Butthead". Don't care how he may rationalize it.

Does anybody in the industry even dislike Mike Judge?

He's been losing his touch. He used to be so good at making characters look stiff for comedic effect, and only managed to muster just a little bit of it for Hank in this short so the line at the end would work.

He sorta likes king of the hill, and he's friends with Mike Judge
>When I watch King of The hill, I'm pretty sure I can tell which scenes are Mike unfiltered and which are teams of writers trying to evoke fake pathos. I'm caught off guard by Mike's jokes and laugh really loud, then it quickly switches to someone trying to manipulate me to cry over some writer's contrivance. It's a weird combination of elements.

>been doing webtoons and freelancing for over a decade
>still can't properly mix audio

He fucking adored Beavis and Butt-Head though.

That quote sounds like Sup Forums any time a cartoon ever tries to have an emotional moment.

is John K. just incapable of viewing cartoons as anything other than short humorous vignettes?

Yes

>So is the short angry guy John K's insert or something? I feel like he's in everything John K does.

John K. claims that George Liquor represents many of the traits his own father had.

"Cans without labels" is - as John K. himself explained - a story taken from his own upbringing at the hands of his discipline-loving dad:

youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=C_KpzgeQGEI

>Hank spitting out his beer
Triggered.

>By the way, how do you do all that crap with your face?
Heh

>Hank drinking anything but Alamo

>that time John K made a one-off character based on his dad
>He got pissed because John "made him look too soft"

What else got me was
>Hank bare foot with his jeans cuffed
I don't even know why, but this looked so damn weird to me.

Fucking hell, I hope Mike Judge was just doing the guy a favor and he's not like, hard up for money or something.

Yes, this is a good read

johnkstuff.blogspot.com/2007/07/taking-cartooniness-out-of-cartoon-does.html

>If you don't want to animate silly cartoony characters, and you really have a talent for a more acute observation of human nature, if you understand honest motivations and psychology, you would create characters that aren't cliches torn from previous Disney cartoons, Saturday Morning Cartoons or sitcoms.

>I have NEVER poured out beer. Not even to put out a grass fire.

Judge is currently handling a popular HBO show. He's doing fine.

Thank Christ, thanks for letting me know

Why does he always use the same shitty sound effects in all his cartoons?

You should watch it.

It's good.

Then again he also said this is preventing him from doing more B&B.

John must have had quite a childhood with someone who gets upset over being depicted as breaking into tears at the sight of his bruised son.

Maybe Anthony's dad was a muffled "This is the only thing I ever wanted from you, father!" cry from John himself?

it already had its chance in the sun, silicon valley is a treasure that must be protected

I always had the impression that not too many people liked the 2011 season. Is that just a wrong impression or are people really that stupid?

I'll pass, I briefly read his blog but John's view of animation is bluntly alien to me. The man's priorities are bizarre and avante garde, it's no surprise he couldn't cut it in the industry.

honestly I doubt it was that traumatic. He just won't fucking let go of the dact that his dad was kind of a dick who ft his son failed him.

Plenty of people have that issue and they don't carry it around for the rest of their life.

>implying it will ever be finished in your lifetime

>that time John K. sent anonymous death threats to Games Animation personnel
>that time John K. spiked Bob Camp's beer with rat poison
>that time John K. sent anonymous bomb threats to Nickelodeon Studios offices
>that time John K. cut the brake lines on Vanessa Coffey's car

what a wacky guy :^)

I thought he finished it not long ago

It was popular enough. Judge gave an interview on Howard Stern and said it was the #2 most watched show on MTV at the time (behind Jersey Shore). But MTV's demographic was teen girls, which B&B didn't bring in.

He was going to shop it around to a different network but now he's busy with Silicon Valley.

He finished it for the Annecy.

>caustic manchild incapable of getting along with others had daddy issues
who would have thought!

King of the Hill reboot confirmed?

For real man? You got sauce on that shit?

yes

king of the hill budokai Z

It's like a retarded meme this guy is trying to start.

John K's father was a soldier

As a son of a soldier I totally understand how fucked up his farther is.

What an ugly animation, those movements doesn't seem right

>He finished it for the Annecy.

And - if his Kickstarter backers are to be believed, they didn't get the memo on it from John, despite the fact that it is them who are next in line to watch it.

kickstarter.com/projects/1056985656/john-ks-cans-without-labels/comments

>retarded meme
Redundant

John's dad additionally went through the Great Depression of the 30s, so you have a double combo.

Also he survived holodomor

John K is a genius.

Nope. Even in the Cartoon Wars South Park 2-parter, they made sure to have a shout out to King of the Hill and show how adults conduct themselves instead of getting into petty feuds (like SP was doing by calling out FamGam.)

>bluntly alien to me
How so? This seems pretty reasonable.
>This my biggest complaint about modern animation and it goes back to Disney. If you are going to go to great lengths to take the cartooniness, magic and imagination out of your cartoon characters, then you better replace it with something else - like maybe good specific designs and and an understanding of human nature and individual multi-layered characters.

There's some anime that he likes. John's an old fart who knows his shit. Stop taking his opinions too seriously.

He has completely legitimate criticisms of the industry, it's just then he goes on to say a bunch of inconsistent, redundant things about character and story that he never really demonstrated and definitely doesn't now.

what says. his complaints about the industry are bluntly irrelevant. he wants the age of movie serials back and that's gone. we may very well see the death of the nielson rating in our lifetime. the saturday morning cartoon block is extinct.

all john has are technical observations which are useless to the layman. ( he doesn't like anime because one show had a story he liked or a gag he likes their use of colour. who fucking cares about a cartoon show's colour pallete?) his opinions, and cartoon trivia.

he has no industry cred, no shows, and he rarely has those stupid rants he used to go off on which had bile attraction.

I'm not taking his opinions seriously.

I'm not taking any part of him seriously, he's utterly uselesd unless you give a fuck about highly technical aspects of animation or want to hear what a wildly out of touch animator thinks about a popular show's use of shapes and contrast.

John K. get your ass off Sup Forums

George Liquor isn't as funny as John K thinks

I thought George Liquor was supposed to be a caricature of his father or something

I don't know what your problem with making things look good is. And it doesn't take a genius to know there is a severe lack of originality and entertainment value in animation today. People surprisingly aspire for mediocrity now and it's good to have at least one person pointing it out.

Nothing John makes actually looks good.

>who fucking cares about a cartoon show's colour pallete?

anyone who has even a passing interest in animation

Someone post the bug goatse

Here you go, John K's specialty is on the house!

Yeah, he might be a freak, but his art is good.

I've never quite agreed with John's philosophy of x-treme lolsorandumb fart and booger jokes. Even as a kid, I liked Hey Arnold better than Cow & Chicken.

yeah but the drawings themselves are pretty golden. He just doesn't understand how to connect them.

watching the live action John K is pretty fun. He's super animated, which is clearly a result of being insane.

Yes indeed

youtube.com/watch?v=sVEEOZ80Na4

Whenever I see George all I can think about is how sad
John K is trying to get people to like him. I also cringed
when I first saw George in this video.

In all honesty, if this wasn't about George Liquor I'd like it, the character seems just so forced, from his design to his expressions.
Or, even, keep George but make this 2D, it would look way better in general.

I'm pretty dn sure at this point that john k was basically Bobby Hill as a child (the odd and artsy child with the ultra conservative father). I kind of like the idea of the conservative Canadian, I prefer him to George Liquor character. Many people think Canucks are a bunch of wimpy liberal DUDE WEEEEEEED LMAOs and it's not surprising why that is.

Most animators are like that bro. Ever seen Richard Williams give a speech, shit is hilarious.

His timing is a bit weird since he likes to do straight ahead animation a lot. But I think the real jumpiness is because he has a very loose drawing style and his cleanup artists aren't as good as the ones he had when he was a big shot animator.

The hipster DUDE WEED people are all in Vancouver and Toronto. You don't find them out in the west which is full of manly lumberjacks who firebomb the only gay bar in the province twice a year.

excuse me

that was...underwhelming

If you like bug girls, this is really sexy.

My dad was a soldier too but all he ever had was a drug problem.

He made Flinstones cuckoldry comic

I adore John K's stuff

Uncensored version plz?

I need sauce

>schmorky
vocaroo.com/i/s1t0me9bnrmW

Nevermind, found it.

I don't know how to word this, so bare with me.
Why does it sound like Mike Judge is doing a Hank Hill impression?
Like, he doesn't sound like Hank, he sounds like some amatuer doing an impression of Hank.

Doesn't help that it sounds like the voices were recorded through a Goddamn phone.

He's out of practice?