NYCC

NYCC tickets go on sale today, anyone else going?

There was a thread last year so I'd figure I'd make one since it's about an hour till they go on sale.

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/NY_Comic_Con/status/748191465365348353
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Last year the queue fucked up so bad on me I only got to buy Thursday and Friday. It scarred me and now even though I'm better prepared I feel like I'm gonna fuck it up.

Also, every year I buy tickets online I get this anxiety like someone is standing behind me and I haven't decided what I'm gonna order to eat yet.

Holy shit same. I had to buy 3 days off a guy I knew because of the limited time the queue gave you once your in.

Shit kicked me out before I had a chance to actually buy it, that shit sucked. Now I'm standing ready inside my own home with my brother on his wifi. But my connection is unstable and can go under at any second.

I'm so fucking scared.

WALLETS AT THE READY GENTLEMEN!

Sitting in queue, same garbage as last year.

All the tickets are going to evaporate to scalpers and second hand sellers again.

Got 2 accounts open on 2 computers. May kek be with us Sup Forumsmrades

I honestly miss when this shit wasn't SDCC tier shitstorm and you didn't need an autographed picture of the Virgin Mary to get tickets.

>off from work
>today the rx480 comes out
>"oh boy now i can get to microcenter early to pick it up"
>friend texts me comic con tickets go on sale today @ 12

FUCK NOW I WONT GET EITHER OF THEM

Same here this virtual queue was and still is shit.

This guy gets it

WAITING

2 friends already got theirs

one paid with welfare

one paid from daddy's credit card

I use NoScript. Do I need to allow "google-analytics" to get the queue moving on my end? This is important.

meanwhile my wageslave self had to actually do some work at 12pm sharp and didn't get in the queue till 12:10.

rip my 3 day pass.

Seriously fuck NYCC queue. 30 minute wait? Fucking dicks.

Been waiting for 33 minutes now

>internet was good all week
>decides to shit out now

thanks

if this means little scalpres I'll take it. On the other hand desperate scalpers came in clutch for me last year and I got an $85 3 day.

Scalpers are probably a necessary evil and provide a way for people who get fucked due to circumstance another chance to go.

You guys didn't do a group buy?

All will be well, guys.
twitter.com/NY_Comic_Con/status/748191465365348353
Leddit is saying all types are still available as well.

40 minutes reporting in

a friend has an extra 3-day and he said he'll sell it to me since his brother didn't register, BUTTTTTTTTTT i know for a fact he's going to at the last minute give it away to someone else because he did something shitty like that last time.

>4 day
>3 day
>50% sold out

WELP

overrated con imo.

Queues for everything, limited capacity, overcrowded. Usually same(ish) celebs that are on the con circuit anyway. It's a lot of fun but at the risk of sounding like a hipster you get to see\do more at the smaller cons.

>"4-Day Tickets are 50% sold out, 3-Day Tickets are 50% sold out, all other ticket types have good availability remaining"

4-day and 3-day tickets halfway gone....

Like an idiot I forgot to do the fan verification so I'm fucked and can't get a ticket

>smaller cons

Name some

Ugh, do I wanna go or hold off for yet another year...

Yeah, he's a dick. Good luck brah.

Apparently SE:NYC was great for comics, but I don't live there so I couldn't go.

Out of curiosity, what are some good northern cons? I've been on the southern circuit this year, but the writer I work with lives up there now and we're trying to find some we can go to together.

Any recs? Even if it's for next year (which is pretty likely since booths get sold out so quickly)

>Please remember NYCC Tickets are in extremely high demand and there is a large volume of people online to purchase NYCC Tickets right now. Here's a quick status update to keep you in the loop about which NYCC Ticket types are still available and which are almost sold out as you wait your turn to purchase them so you can plan ahead: 4-Day Tickets are 50% sold out, 3-Day Tickets are 75% sold out, all other ticket types have good availability remaining.

Fuck you

>scalpers already have tickets online

My friends dad is probably right - its a conspiracy. They sell all to scalpers first

Never mind then.

Eternal con in Garden City. Big Apple Con on 34th street. That's all I got. I usually try to make it to one of them every year.

I mean there are loads- pretty much every state holds them. Florida for example has Tampa, Orlando(megacon) and Miami (biggest of the three) all smaller -all great cons

I thought the whole purpose of the "application" was to avoid scalpers?

>got in queue at exactly 12
>still in queue nearly an hour later
>4-days might be sold out before I even get in

i want to die

>friend got in @ 12
>got his ticket within 5 minutes

Showclix is wanting me to fill out some shit but not giving me an option to fill out the form. What the fuck?

Same here friendo.

that makes me wonder if something i'm doing is keeping me from moving up in the queue

i havent actually done anything like refresh so i really can't imagine what it would be

>56 min now

Ever since this queue shit started years ago, I've only ever got Thursday tickets, always had to buy from the scalpers outside. I'm sure this year will be no different.

>3-Day are 75% sold out with the remaining on hold due to them being in the process of being sold.

Fuck. Off.

>3 days are sold out
>got mine +2 others for friends at the last possible second

I CAN'T BELIEVE I DIDN'T GET KEKED HOLY SHIT

>you will never violently murder the person who decided this queue was a good idea

friend of mine said she got three 4 day passes since the 3 days were sold out.

happened a few minutes ago.

NYCC just trying to keep everyone in queue to get money.

Tickets acquired!

You can't murder a god

>got in queue at 12:15 cause was getting lunch

JUST

Ive started to prefer smaller cons anyway

Ive been going every year since inception. I fee betrayed...

can confirm - no more 3 days.

website says they still have them but they don't.

Bought my Friday and Sunday tickets

Cause holy shit, I'm so mad they sold out of 3 and 4 day when I got in at 12 and had to wait an hour.

Jesus fuck this queue, I just want Thursday and Sat tickets.

Got a Sat *sigh* How far its fallen

Still waiting...

Please respond! I need to know if this is keeping me from getting tickets or not.

>HEY user YOU GOTTA FILL OUT THIS FORM ON SHOWCLIX
>Literally can't fill it out, nothing to click or type into
>Call showclix customer support
>Get the sound of the phone being picked up hung up 3 times in a row now

I promised myself after last year I wouldn't give these people my fucking money anymore, their service is garbage. Im mad at myself for being weak.

JESUS FUCC I JUST WANT THURSDAY AND FRIDAY TICKETS LET ME IN REEE

I knew NYCC would be a problem when they took over NYAF

It opens tomorrow because Reedpop are fucking idiots.

So if you weren't aware of this fan verification ahead of time, you're fucked?

we're fucked even with fan verification

Yeah.

Yep

Is there any hope? Maybe next year it will be better?
kill me now

I wish we had an actual fucking NUMBER ticket or some sort of indication where we are in the queue because they can't expect me to stare at a fucking screen for an hour when I was pre-refreshing the minutes up to 12pm

Got in line around 12:10. Can I still hope for Thursday + Friday? I know last year it took a little while before they were sold out but with the craze going on right now I'm getting worried. Fucking Saturday passes are 50% gone.

Then you cant be swindled into buying thursday tickets just cause the opportunity to comes up on screen user-kun

WAITING 1HR 20MIN. JUST TO KNOW I CAN'T GET 4 or 3-DAY... I LOVE THIS!!!!

FUCK YOU REEDPOP!

>Fucking Saturday passes are 50% gone.
I swear to God if Friday sells out before my turn...

>friend bought two 3-day and two 4-day passes
>goes to fill in our names
>can't fill in the names

G R E A T

Assigning it to people starts tomorrow I believe

I'm not going either apparently, never got the e-mail verification on Monday so they probably cancelled my account (because that's a thing) because they felt I wasn't real enough.

there was no SE:NYC this year though... so its this and other tiny Jersey and other places ones... but F' those I need muh shitty big 2 companies talking about how inclusive they are for the third year in a row fix.

no, it is to make sure that the scalpers know who to sell to when they get the tickets. They have essentially made a dedicated database of people that are going to buy tickets from scalpers and scalpers wont have to deal with getting robbed or tricked by kids.

Wow, this is a really stupid system.

midtown comics isn't selling comiccon tickets this year

Saturday is now 75% sold out

I wonder if ReedPop will go back on the non-retailer tickets. I also am wondering if its going to be a different croud in the con since kids could not buy tickets (unless mommy's credit card) by making a line at comic retailers

Form on ShowClix doesn't open until tomorrow...

I've just gotta say this: Members of my family get tickets for events of all kinds on a regular basis. Sporting events, concerts, etc. Not once have I ever seen a ticketing process this disorganized and this unprofessional.

How many different third parties am I going to have to shake hands with before I can get my fucking ticket, after I just got hoodwinked into spending way more money than I had to because the multi-day passes sold out in under a fucking hour? ShowClix does not work. What the hell is going on?

I'm just not going to go. While I do adore the atmosphere, it's just not worth the headache anymore.

It's been like this since 2014.

Almost 2 hours now and still in the queue.

This "fan verification" thing did nothing.

How was san Diego tickets different this year? Was it this bad?

I got my shit but I literally counted down the seconds.

SURE STOPPED THOSE SCALPERS

KEK we'll never get ticket guys

scalpers have two weeks to sell them or they get refunded.

Saturday Tickets 75% sold out, and the rest are being held. GDI! I've been going every year since like 08, 3 day ticket each year. UNTIL THE NEW SYSTEM. Since it was implemented, I have never been able to buy a 3day ticket.

>mfw I signed up 10 accounts so was able to buy 10 tickets 3 days and Saturdays and 4 days and now will sell them for 3 times the markup

Wrong goyim. I signed up 10 accounts that means the 10 card I have are "valid" I can sell them whenever.

I've literally bought tickets from people leaving the con 6 years in a row, and have gone since 2006 when it was big apple con. I try to buy them this year and its fucking garbage. Guess I'm not going for the first time since I was 15

Unbelievable. Anyone having trouble logging into Showclix to assign the tickets? I reset my password five times and it still says the login is invalid!

You can't assign tickets until tomorrow.

Got in line at 12:10, just bought Thursday and Friday. Saturday is sold out.

Good luck anons.

Very well. Just need my brother's information then. He filled out that fan verification thing too. Wasn't aware they charge tax and shipping though. Expected $100 charged but instead $111.

They might ID people at the gate. I heard that might happen at san deigo.

I have been scalping for 4 years they never do this. You cannot get 30,000 people in Manhattan to wait as they slowly card everyone. San Diego is like in a desert that is why they can.

I literally got in line at 12:01 and couldn't get my 4day tickets

So I bought a 4 day for myself on ebay for over 2.5 times the price, as I was doing that the queue let me in and I got 2 saturdays. This is so fucked.