Why is beth and jerry's demonized version of themselves cooperating with each other supposed to be so much of a sign of...

why is beth and jerry's demonized version of themselves cooperating with each other supposed to be so much of a sign of how terrible their relationship is? is this even supposed to make any sense?

It's okay user, I'm smarter than you so I can explain.

It was meant to imply that even though they have a hostile, unfun relationship, they also need each other.

other broken relationships just destroy each other. Their broken relationship kills everybody else and is far more destructive.

Haha, oh wow.

They even said it in the show, their relationship is toxic but codependent. Beth hates how spineless and weak Jerry is but she emotionally feeds on his adulation and sycophantic tendencies. Jerry hates how mean and belittling Beth is but at the same time is aimless without her and sees her as his better in every way

Codependence makes for an unhealthy but stable relationship. The facility they were at clearly wasn't prepared to deal with monsters that cooperate instead of killing each other. The alien was just angry that their monsters were wrecking his shit.

I'm sorry - how the hell is "needing each other" supposed to be a sign of a terrible relationship? I mean, anyone who has ever watched this series knows that there's a ton of reasons to why their marriage is a mess, but the fact that they need each other is what cements it as "the worst in the universe"? nope, you're actually just pretty fucking dumb. think before you talk shit, yarr.

Codependence is not a good thing.

Stop posting Garnet.

?

>I'm sorry - how the hell is "needing each other" supposed to be a sign of a terrible relationship?
Because they use each other as crutches.

Beth uses Jerry's inferiority and neediness to inflate her sense of self-worth, which is constantly undermined by her own insecurities. Jerry craves validation from others and has an external locus of control, both of which are provided by his marriage to Beth.

Codependency is not, "OH we LOVE each other SO MUCH we could never BE APART!"; it's "I literally would not be able to properly function without you."

Thus, it is ironically humorous that the horrific nature of their biophysical manifestations of one another are amplified by the one thing that truly binds them together.

>how the hell is "needing each other" supposed to be a sign of a terrible relationship?
It's not. Their relationship is horrible by normal standards but they'd be much worse emotionally without each other. They even show that in Rixty Minutes. They're like two unstable elements coming together to form a slightly more stable molecule.

I guess my question is, how the hell did this guy become the greatest marriage counselor in the universe if he couldn't even deal with a single toxic codependency?

Both of their negative traits feed into each other, creating a miserable but functional cycle.

It's how toxic relationships work.

I don't want to pull the 'humans are special' card, but I think it may apply here.

>I'm sorry - how the hell is "needing each other" supposed to be a sign of a terrible relationship?
It absolutely is. A healthy relationship is between two healthy people. It's not healthy to be dependent on anyone. On top of that, it's unfair to be putting pressure on someone you supposedly love because you can't handle life on your own and it puts stress on a relationship. And in many cases two people who aren't right for each other will maintain a relationship because they don't know how to function without each other. A relationship is supposed to be based on love, not need.

lel not a very strong argument when the guy specifically stated that humans are primitive and their relationships are therefore simpler.

>yfw the whole demonizations breaking out and going berserk was all part of the therapy session

I think he was full of shit.
Or it's just humor about how shit Beth and Jerry are.

Season 2 of rick and morty was a lot less consistently enjoyable than season 1

Rick convinced them to go. I guess other codependent couples never got to the stage of considering help and brushed it off for later.

Chris-Chan and Barbra Chandler are a perfect example of why codependency is awful. They need each other in order to function but living together is a relationship sinkhole that is making both of their lives worse (Chris continues to be emotionally, socially, and mentally stunted by relying on an unhealthy fixation with his mother and Barbs physically well being is compromised by having an inept caretaker).

The fact that they are able to work together to scam donations out of people online doesn't mean they have a healthy relationship.

Don't... call... ANYBODY.

Anyone know what happened to the Kiwfarm thread where it was revealed that the wallflower was using MKultra techniques to encourage chris to become a tomgirl? It was there last night and now you have to be a member to look at it.

On Nigel Nebula, Garnet is quite literally the epitome of an unhealthy, codependent relationship who constantly dishes out vague rants about how important relationships are and implies that hers is the best because of how astoundingly codependent it is.

Needing eachother isn't a sign that they're a bad relationship. They ARE a bad relationship for all of their obvious flaws and differences. The co-dependance part is just the reason it's self sustaining. Other bad relationships are bad and just stop working, but their flaws feed on eachother so they can't stop.
It's like the difference between a guy who goes on an alcohol binge, finds out how shitty it is, then stops, and a guy who does the same thing but develops alcoholism and does it again and again no matter how bad it gets.

Kek look at this guy thats only ever been in broken relationships and laugh.

A healthy relationship is being two independent people that want to be together. Not two people that need to be together to make themselves feel better.

Why would I laugh at that? That's just sad.

>their relationship breaks out and starts killing everyone
>WOW I DONT GET IT HOW IS THIS SUPPOSED TO SHOW THAT THEIR RELATIONSHIP IS BAD IT MAKES NO SENSE

I know that this isn't a Chris-Chan thread but are you saying that Wallflower is literally brainwashing Chris into being more feminine so as to possibly calm him down? Is this the source of the faux-tranny shit Chris has been pulling recently?

No.

It doesn't.

Wrong.

The monsters were personifications of their worst as perceived by each other. Them working together would imply that they fuel each other, as in not only are they awful for each other, but they make each other be terrible and are even worse together. Imagine the personifications of violent crime and addiction: horrible on their own, even worse if they fuel each other.

They did an OK job of explaining this in the show, how did so many people not get it?

Pretty much they keep each other in check. It's like building something without using screws or glue.

It only holds together because of how its built on top of each other and supports itself. But if you put just a little bit of stress on it, It will fall apart very easily.

They need each other to function,user. And that is not a healthy relationship.

Fuck! Why does he have to be a hideous greasy retard? This would be hot if he would be even the slightest bit good looking.

I think that's the right answer, only that by "special" the show intends "stupid"

It literally says in the episode OP, they're codependent. Did you even watch the episode?

I suppose its because it brought all their negative thoughts about one another into the light. No more passive aggressiveness or dishonesty, all the cards are laid on the table.

Their demons didn't really cooperate; Demon-Beth used Demon-Jerry because he was a soft little worm, and she was a she-devil.

I'd argue that bringing all your issues into the light is more healthy than just letting them grow.

I'm pretty sure that was literally the setup for the joke.

I disagree but I respect your opinion. Here's your (you).

just because it shows that it's bad doesn't mean it shows HOW it's bad, and you didn't even imply that in your post so go eat a big fat negro dick you dumb fudge.

that is a perfect metaphor

Monster Beth was hot as fuck.

Holy crud man thats a great way to put it!

And the idea of not being able to function at all alone is unhealthy especially while being co dependent they hate each other and thats apart of the reason it works making it a mess.

It shows that despite being horrible monsters, they can cooperate, and explains how they've remained together so long.

It's another one of those cases of aliens misunderstanding or else underestimating the complexities of humans. You'll remember that just before shit hit the fan, the therapist said something along the lines off "Here we have Beth and Jerry Smith from Earth, they're a more primitive species so their relationships..." and then he gets interrupted by the murder and mayhem.

It seems to me that alien relationships are more black and white. If they like each other, they stay together. If they hate each other, they separate. If they're halfway between the two, they go for therapy. Whereas with humans, even we don't know why we're with the people we're with sometimes.

Have you ever heard of people being in love because they make each other a better person? Well it's the opposite with Beth and Jerry. They make each other worse. They enable each others' character flaws. Beth has to feel to superior to others and she uses Jerry to feel superior. Jerry is lazy and spineless and with Beth he doesn't have to do anything because he can just wait until she does it. Beth doesn't mind doing it because it makes her feel superior.

So is Beth that manipulative to the point where her monster form is the only one that decides to fuck up the facility?

>we are functional
>we can find solutions
>we can adapt
>we can communicate
>and most importantly, we can work together
the implication here is that beth and jery cannot do these things and therefore cannot maintain a healty relationship. Why that equates to the worst in the universe I don't know

Not to mention that thier relationship also leaves a bad taste in others(ex. their marriage literally killed people, but in reality their negativity rubs off on others)

I think it was a joke just to show how horrible their marriage was.

Only the worst of themselves can communicate and work together. That's why their relationship is bad. If the best of you can't get along with the best of someone else then it's time to find another someone else.

I really wish they had just left Beth and Jerry's relationshit troubles with interdemensional cable I and actually gave them character development.

No, from what I read the wallflower was a troll called Ickeriss69 who made Chris a tranny because he was going to transition but wanted someone to look down to transition with. I know it sounds confusing but it was there in great detail last night and the thread is gone today.

Pic related, I got it from the thread. The guy in the beatles shirt is Ickeriss while he was friends with Chris, before the whole tomgirl/tranny shit started.

Heres the other pic I saved, apparently this is him receiving transitioning gifts. I think he might be friends with the KF mods which is why it got taken down.

Why are Chris' trolls more fucked up then him?

It was part of the therapy
Everything was staged

Shit, I forgot to clarify, the troll pretended to be a girl named Heather while befriending him. "She" had an anniversery cake on her FB years ago celebrating her friendship with Chris for 5 years, meaning this shit was planned since 2006 by the PVCC or whatever the fuck they're called.

Look at this fag who doesn't know welding/carpentry/etcetera

But the girl in the second picture looks exactly like the girl sitting closest to the camera in the first picture and looks very little like Beatles shirt guy.
They even have the same watch.