Regular Show Season 7 Finale Pre-Discussion Thread

The Regular Show Season 7 half-hour special finale airs tomorrow at 7:30 PM (EST) with the following plotline:
Rigby has to write and give a speech at his high school graduation. The speech will be broadcast live on a TV show called "Inspire America," and Rigby wants to make it memorable.

This episode is described by Toby (link below) as something all 4 of the boarders that worked on it had made with all the humor and emotion they could get into it.

2 minute starting clip: b.1339.cf/rrqgowg.mp4

2 clips officially put up by CN:
youtube.com/watch?v=j5HZ8fTwiXs
youtube.com/watch?v=XcKNcpd8CT8

JG talking about it:
twitter.com/JGQuintel/status/748015507731783680
twitter.com/JGQuintel/status/746855602035404800
twitter.com/JGQuintel/status/739643266149187584
twitter.com/JGQuintel/status/739135727640805376

As well as this interview:
idigitaltimes.com/regular-show-creators-cast-talk-about-movie-and-season-7s-finale-486599

and some Toby and Owen talk on it
tobyjones.tumblr.com/post/146542326161/thursday-is-the-last-regular-show-episode-that-i
oweeeeendennis.tumblr.com/post/145381734317/rigbys-graduation-day-is-now-on-the-schedule
tobyjones.tumblr.com/post/144064418341/what-types-of-rs-episodes-did-you-like-working-on
oweeeeendennis.tumblr.com/post/144628916027/i-know-youve-said-before-not-to-ask-about-next
tobyjones.tumblr.com/post/143875333576/one-of-my-favorite-regular-show-episodes-ive
twitter.com/tobytobyjones/status/740947349988478979

Those are pretty much all the links I can think of at the moment, I can link new ones or forgotten ones later. I'll be dumping some guides and special stuff for the occasion soon. Hope to see some people talking about it, it'll either live up to most of the hype, or just be a dud, either way it's not going to hurt to wonder and discuss.

Other urls found in this thread:

soundcloud.com/unofficial-rs-podcast/tracks
youtube.com/watch?v=FzZT6VT4Cy4
youtube.com/watch?v=U0w6YeeXUzE
youtube.com/watch?v=RY0-X0S_GXw
youtube.com/watch?v=f4G2dvtgVaY
youtube.com/watch?v=5MtL_O4tq6E
youtube.com/watch?v=4AxpAFBX-Gw
youtube.com/watch?v=129fqY7jfjo
youtube.com/watch?v=jYUBNY4sKtM
youtube.com/watch?v=k5w3p3NwwZ4
youtube.com/watch?v=0xoHqsIa1UE
youtube.com/watch?v=2s7q7Vw3DPg
youtube.com/watch?v=Hk1cNT3UBmE
amazon.ca/clouddrive/share/gykcPRrtGn2wzDGHlyrIlmKTDBXYtDootPSSaKIhPtH
amazon.ca/clouddrive/share/wmpRqwJaMKuacRZHFf4UrnHuzP7HW7bSEedJglYR1RZ
amazon.ca/clouddrive/share/qjl8s0i847S20yHPp2k6ABVf6N0tENsxIyKS36BZfZg
amazon.ca/clouddrive/share/MGKB89w1O8XoMgSDN43bX4CZTOGpNKBunFOwdPt6iTU
amazon.ca/clouddrive/share/oqTnk5GB7EnATDgSTJezVZzrpr0bFZNauWbsr18Ut89?ref_=cd_ph_share_link_copy
amazon.ca/clouddrive/share/gVlRiNfnJTII64z9H3b4TOQIJXBLaaKfrBSTTQNp0es?ref_=cd_ph_share_link_copy
mega.nz/#F!3MoGHLaY!25IuFb-_GZoRLlTxEx5gWg
mega.nz/#F!h0c3CRRC!v3Tn5JAzyBAUgG4Nm6sLgA
amazon.ca/clouddrive/share/YSz6ljP10hP9z1FXcFMk15bU2LJwclMDZvTUsXEPXj1
amazon.ca/clouddrive/share/IjYKY0M7DswAvfkmTT0oi7SgiGkqd2wDRxPaeGNmB1J
mega.nz/#!Yp83CYQD!7XiVu_wJ0OeD1ZXmqLrlKpzEaIsAJ2MK41qer7iaO8E
mega.nz/#!lwFl2SLD!-lXBHdE5G31RwLqA2fJZp6D9bIRaiKiDAu2wlLJIyhg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

The promo art larger, I'm finishing up the episode guide now, with downloads for all of them, it's a long list and it's a little rough looking, but it should tell you what you need to know, plus you still get download links. Some of them are Mega but I tried something new with links from an Amazon CloudDrive thing, if they don't work I'll try my best to get them back up on Mega or something else.

Is there really a need for a pre-discussion thread? The threads can stick around for so long that it might just as well be the talkback.

What's with Mordecai's face? I don't like where this is going......

Well it can be if it ends up being that. I'm mostly doing this for the episode guide so people can have time to rewatch certain episodes that are related, getting the news out and stuff, stuff that might not be worth noting 5 minutes before the broadcast.

He's feeling bad about something Rigby says in the first 2 minutes of the episode, where he talks about how he's getting on with his life and Mordecai realizes in the past year he's done nothing noteworthy.

Anyway I'm trying my best to get all this stuff out, here's something else you can do in the meantime before the episode, Unofficial Online Commentaries. They're updated whenever they have time to do them.
soundcloud.com/unofficial-rs-podcast/tracks

Watch the previews. He is angry at himself for stagnating as a person while Rigby did more with his time over the season. He is jealous of that fact and used to Rigby being the bigger screwup, which is currently relatively reversed.

But you don't need to worry. Regular Show wouldn't be itself if it wasn't about with season 8 is around the corner.

I think they mention in the Local News Legend commentary how the episode works as a backdoor for a spinoff about Margaret being a reporter.

Which I don't think as really any demand. But this sort of backdoor creation is probably a common thing in episodic cartoon writing.

That opens up an interesting question: which character would make for the most interesting spin-off?

The shorts, thanks again from a few weeks back to Madrid for getting the Ninja Shoes one because it used to just be a camrip available. The Episode Finale Guide is laid out like this, just longer. Hopefully it's not too hard to look at.

SPECIAL:
>Mordecai and Rigby - Ringtoneers
youtube.com/watch?v=FzZT6VT4Cy4

OLD:
>USA! USA!
youtube.com/watch?v=U0w6YeeXUzE
>Fun Run
youtube.com/watch?v=RY0-X0S_GXw
>OOOHH!!!
youtube.com/watch?v=f4G2dvtgVaY
>Break Time
youtube.com/watch?v=5MtL_O4tq6E

NEW:
>Coming Soon:
youtube.com/watch?v=4AxpAFBX-Gw
>Sick Day
youtube.com/watch?v=129fqY7jfjo
>Pizza Pouch Drop:
youtube.com/watch?v=jYUBNY4sKtM
>1973 Tetherball Championship Trophy:
youtube.com/watch?v=k5w3p3NwwZ4
>Ninja Shoes:
youtube.com/watch?v=0xoHqsIa1UE

EXTRAS:
>2 In The AM PM
youtube.com/watch?v=2s7q7Vw3DPg
>Naive Man From Lolliland (1080p)
mega:///#!A5FRnKrK!EPwHKpFKQThmSvCWq056p7BgE0--AHSJNDJWuVa4-Yg
>Party Tonight Music Vide
youtube.com/watch?v=Hk1cNT3UBmE

Honestly, I think that none of the park workers have enough appeal for spinoffs. I was already surprised when Skips got his own comic miniseries.

I still think a spinoff or miniseries about Eileen, Margaret and CJ would be cool to make up for the lack of characterization.

Posting this before the episode guide, it's important and there's not enough character limit for it to be in the official post because of all the download links.

I know the titles are too close together but with all those layers it'd be horrible to move and adjust them again, it doesn't seem like it but it would likely take an hour or so to even do it. I hope it's good enough, anyway here are the downloads, all in 1080p, for each one listed.

My reasoning for Video Game Wizards being on there is because in Pops' Favorite Planet, it shows video games as some sort of prophecy, I figured that the monster they connected into might be reworked into a plan they have, or just a "you need to know they play games" listing, either way, it's not a dire important add on so feel free to skip it, you don't necessarily need it. These are based off of educated guesses and what the show lists as important.

The Skips episodes are because of the "checkered past" Steffen mentioned, these are past episodes of him, or related to it. If anything Skips' Story and maybe the Technology one are important enough to see.

Birthday Gift, Real Thomas, and Saving Time are in there because they have depictions of the park being lifted off the ground, nothing major and this image sums that up anyway, even though The Real Thomas has some connections to this event other than that, like phrases such as "on a need to know basis", and also the "taking the park to a destination" story.

If I need to explain some other listing let me know.

Again, sorry about the clutter, this is the best I could to in my time working on it, even though it's been awhile. If you really need 720p copies I can try for you.

Volume 1 (Grilled Cheese Deluxe, Don, and others)
amazon.ca/clouddrive/share/gykcPRrtGn2wzDGHlyrIlmKTDBXYtDootPSSaKIhPtH

Volume 2 (Dizzy, and others)
amazon.ca/clouddrive/share/wmpRqwJaMKuacRZHFf4UrnHuzP7HW7bSEedJglYR1RZ

Volume 3 (Fortune Cookie, and others)
amazon.ca/clouddrive/share/qjl8s0i847S20yHPp2k6ABVf6N0tENsxIyKS36BZfZg

Volume 4 (Skips Vs. Technology, Video Game Wizard, Prankless, and others)
amazon.ca/clouddrive/share/MGKB89w1O8XoMgSDN43bX4CZTOGpNKBunFOwdPt6iTU

Volume 7 (Every Meat Burritos, A Skips in Time, Tants, and others)
amazon.ca/clouddrive/share/oqTnk5GB7EnATDgSTJezVZzrpr0bFZNauWbsr18Ut89?ref_=cd_ph_share_link_copy

Volume 8 (Saving Time, Skips' Story, and others)
amazon.ca/clouddrive/share/gVlRiNfnJTII64z9H3b4TOQIJXBLaaKfrBSTTQNp0es?ref_=cd_ph_share_link_copy

Season 6 (The Real Thomas, Park Manager's Lunch, Brilliant Century Duck Crisis, Lunch Break, Dumped at the Altar, and others)
mega.nz/#F!3MoGHLaY!25IuFb-_GZoRLlTxEx5gWg

Season 7 up to Snow Tubing (The Dome Experiment Special, Birthday Gift, The Eileen Plan, Hello China, Crazy Fake Plan, and others)
mega.nz/#F!h0c3CRRC!v3Tn5JAzyBAUgG4Nm6sLgA

Volume 11 (Chili Cook Off, Gymblonski, Maellard's Package, Rigby Goes to the Prom, and others)
amazon.ca/clouddrive/share/YSz6ljP10hP9z1FXcFMk15bU2LJwclMDZvTUsXEPXj1

Volume 12 (The Button through Lame Lockdown)
amazon.ca/clouddrive/share/IjYKY0M7DswAvfkmTT0oi7SgiGkqd2wDRxPaeGNmB1J

VIP Members Only/Deez Keys
mega.nz/#!Yp83CYQD!7XiVu_wJ0OeD1ZXmqLrlKpzEaIsAJ2MK41qer7iaO8E
mega.nz/#!lwFl2SLD!-lXBHdE5G31RwLqA2fJZp6D9bIRaiKiDAu2wlLJIyhg

I would post the Highschool Arc Guide photo, but it's just The Eileen Plan, Hello China, Gymblonski, and Rigby Goes To The Prom, all of which can be downloaded up there.

Actually I think that's all I was going to post. I thought I had more unless I'm forgetting stuff. Anyway hope this thread becomes active at some point, if not I'm fine waiting until tomorrow to just talk about it live, just putting all this out there.

Oh I forgot about the leaked images from what I assume is just the first half. Spoilers obviously.

Where are these from?

CN's servers post random images at certain points in the episode, 9 in total each time. They're private just like the 2 minute clips that are released, but they get put out by people.

Here's that special one.

HA! I can't believe they got away with that

This is from right before the banana man clip on youtube, you can see this partially right at the beginning during the fade.

I'm assuming it's just a minute or so later, so add 9 1 minute segments between each picture or a little over, and it's pretty much 11 minutes, a little less I suppose, so this likely is all from just the first half, good thing too.

A scene from the clip up there. 2 more.

This one is connected to

Last one.

Heh, this is interesting. According to that flag the town is somewhere in California.

is that coffee? the first time i looked at these i thought it was soda and he was driving out to clear his head, and in this scene was planning on driving back

fuck i think i get what's so emotional about it, he doesn't come back and if he does it's right before the dome does it's thing

Yea people have been talking about that for a little while about their location, and I think it was shown before in some background art or something other things, and also the mordecai pictures, where he's at.

Ok, can someone fucking explain to me why this show isn't getting advertised at all by CN? Like they don't even include it in the "Yoursday" block promos. Are they trying to burn it off silently and not renew it? Even though it still does fairly well?

>Mordecai yelling at Skips as he hands the keys to him
So what, is he mad about the car being gone and he looks back and Skips is telling him it's somewhere else? He does get in it according to later pictures but it looks like Mordecai is more pissed at this point than self pitying.

It's dying.

No but in all seriousness I think it was because of the failed Adventure Show / Regular Time saturday block they did and how it ended so fast. They probably had these promos done ahead of time and it was before they knew that the saturday thing was going to fail.

Rigby's Graduation Day special is in the new yoursday promos for this week, thankfully. I've only caught the short version talking about PPG/TTG and RS in one, PPG/TGG has it's own promo, correct me if I'm wrong because I'd love to see it, but I don't think RS has it's own promo for this, which is disappointing as hell since they make some strong hype-inducing promos for half hour specials.

Here's another screenshot of the episode, it's from the Yoursday promo actually. I have a couple others, this one really shows Mordecai's attitude still.

Regular Show has always been very predictable. I'm pretty sure it is exactly going to happen as described here: Mordecai will drive off angrily before the speech. Then the whole dome thing happens at it, and he returns in the second half.

I would be very surprised if everything related to the dome was just a giant misdirection and nothing happens with it at all.

It's sort of a tactic networks use to make space for new shows.

This was posted on CN's tumblr.

Man, this is some case of stage fright.

why didn't you warn us thomas was a spy
why didn't you warn us about cj
why didn't you warn us pops was a god
why didn't you warn us randl was a ghost

holy shit is he having a heart attack? he looks like he's having a fucking heart attack.

Point taken, just mostly predictable.

Extreme performance anxiety. He does think the principal will still have him fail if he can't pull this off.

well he did say he'd eat the diploma

i guess it's another emotional plot point, I can't see this working out now that we see him fall over and grab his tail from anxiety, that's actually pretty fucking sad to look at

He would be fine without the pressure. I think. He didn't have a problem being on stage before because he always had Mordecai to back him up.

There is probably a good reason why Eileen can't or isn't doing it here. Those two are the most important people to Rigby that could make him feel at ease and pull it off.

Rigby might be one of my least favorite characters on the show but I don't want this for him.

>joking about potentially one of the bigger emotional moments of the episode
those FUCKS

the post is just weird completely

so is he on stage now and he's fell or is this before he goes on? kinda looks like he's behind the curtain but I can't tell

if he's in the front it's already over, once he falls in front of everyone I can't imagine him getting back up

Doesn't look like he is in the front.

There's 3 layers of curtain, at least that we see. The full back one, middle one, and front one. The wall stuff you see behind him could be in either of those 2 sections, back or the one before you come through the front of the platform. It's hard to say, hopefully he doesn't passout of freeze up on the ground on live television. If he does and Dean doesn't notice it's an issue and is instead motioning at him to get up I'm going to be pissed.

I wonder if it's because Mordecai is gone at the time plus everything else is working up on him, and maybe if Mordecai shows up he'll get enough courage to keep talking?

was this season worth watching?

Very.

Who talks on the commentary tracks,

Reminds me of these insane nightmares I had about this project my school gave to seniors in order for them to graduate. They all occurred after I had finished particular parts too.

Different people, usually boarders on the show, it's all official it's just called unofficial because it's more of a hanging out commentary, not for network release.

Mordecai is really looking like a piece of shit in these images.
he looks so unsupportive and jealous of rigby.

I watch this show for the relationship drama and this season had almost none. What a rip off.

The one where he couldn't figure out if he wanted to be with his mom or CJ was pretty good, made up for the lack of it this season in my opinion.

wew boy

weird, that was directed at pretty sure this time it's going to eb played straight as mrodecai being more in the wrong than something we should just be watching and thinking "aw poor mordo"

I hope Rigby does get his diploma eaten since he cheated through the language class.

Is Season 8 confirmed?

Of course. Season 9 though isn't.

I bet Langar was working out in Deez Keys because Benson standing up to him in Lame Lockdown gave him a realization he's weak.

I miss Dr. Dome though, unless he was just frozen and could be undone, I guess he died inside the first original dome in that first special, that's kind of weird.

I guess you can add "Being jealous of your friend getting further in life and being unsupportive" to this.

>WHY DON'T I JUST CALL SOMEONE WHOSE JOB IT IS TO FIX IT? YOU KNOW WHY? BECAUSE WHEN I JOB DONE I GET SOMEONE WITH A JOB TO DO THAT JOB!