This was Iron Man's best look, new suits stink

This was Iron Man's best look, new suits stink.

and coincidentally also Venom's best look.

I disagree.

>THEY HATE IT

Mk 2 from the comics is his best look

that's not silver centurion

That's not the original gray armor.

>Best look
>Not Silver Centurion

Shit taste OP.

Silver Centurion was a slight step forward at the time because IM's classic 70's-80's armor had become a little too... cloth-like, fabric-y to be a good representation of armor.

I mean, do we really need to see Tony's six-pack through the breastplate? Thats not a good armor visual, its the human form painted red and gold with a funky mask. And hell, I love this classic look but it just wasn't very armor-y.

Silver Centurion was a weird mix of taking it too far, being too bulky, while still tight enough to show the individual muscles in Tony's arms and legs. A good breakaway from the IM armor that had cemented into place for decades but ultimately it was just a stepping stone to much better designs later.

I agree. I hate this trend of making Venom pure black rather than the black and blue look.

It's comic books, metal can be body fitting because of scifi superior tech

They also gotta stop putting regular eyes on it, too. Most Venom designs since Millar's Spider-Man have been shit.

I understand that. Only speaking of personal preference, and that preference is for the armor to look like armor, to have bulk and depth, instead of looking like a lazy artist drawing the human form and coloring it metallic.

Visually its more interesting. And even storywise you rapidly get to the point where the tech becomes so high-tech that its liquid metal or nanobots, it might as well be metallic spandex or possibly not even visibly apparent on Tony. Do we really want Iron Man to advance to the point he is for all practical purposes a metahuman with internalized powers, put him in a bright costume with a cape and let him fly around on his own power? IMO thats vastly uninteresting, we have enough comicbook betas, Tony is more interesting as a mundane human who builds a technological suit of armor.

And this is coming from someone who thinks the idea of Extremis is nifty as hell. But that it just doesn't work in the context of Tony Stark and a world of a gazillion other metas.

comicbook *metas*, oops.

Silver Age a best

Regardless of whatever feelings you have for Bendis's shit tier writing, the current Iron-man armor is honestly the best looking one in my opinion.

>cloth-like, fabric-y to be a good representation of armor

Bob Layton, a long time co writer on Iron Man, believed that Tony's tech should advance so that his armor becomes less like armor over time.

Fucking how.

It looks like some 4th grader's version of the movie suits. That helmet, the incredibly small arc reactor, the asymmetrical toes and finger colors, its shit.

I like the MCU suits

The first one, the triangle and the ones used in AoU and CW looked nice. The fold up one from 2 and the Mark 32 looked like shit.

BACK
STREETS
BACK
ALRIGHT

Looks like shit