New Spider-Man movie takes place in Washington, DC

comicbookmovie.com/spider-man/spider-man-homecoming-will-take-the-web-slinger-to-a-surprising-new-a143061

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=bfqwFyx9B5w
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Is the title ironic?

>first MCU Spider-Man film isn't set in New York
Well, better luck next reboot.

youtube.com/watch?v=bfqwFyx9B5w

You know, when I went to DC, one of my first thoughts was "Wow, it'd suck to be Spider-Man here. There are no tall buildings."

Because of the height laws, buildings have to be built more horizontally.

Mr. Osborn, you mind a little electric guitar?

>Taking place in washington DC

Well, He is dead and useless. It is like putting aquaman in the desert.

The plot revolves around his homecoming dance.

It's also a play on him joining the MCU.

There are literal height regulations on buildings to make the Washington Monument like the Eiffel Tower. Spidey's fucked.

He'll manage. He'll have to adjust, big time, but he will manage.

Movies don't care. Look at the third Bay Transformers flick.

I'm not opposed to putting Spidey in a new location, but like others have said, he needs tall buildings to be functional.

You guys are over reacting. It could just be a school field trip where a scene takes place in D.C. There's no way they'd set the entire film there.

Field trip? We'll get plenty of NY stuff though right?

I going to make up a theory that He can webshoot the moon and start swinging from that.

Or he going to do a superman thing, And jump really high. Or He going to used vulture as a building. Or he got a webshooters that can teleport into any location like this ()

Hreen Globlin will nuke DC.

>he goes on a field trip with his class
OH MY GOD

I just hope we won't have to deal with the fucking Green Goblin AGAIN. Not sure why he's Spidey's arch enemy, he fucking sucks. Even more overrated and overused than the Joker

They already blacked half of the cast. Retconing Peter in Dc won't be a surprise.
underated

But he lives in Queens, they've "blacked" half the cast because he lives and goes to school in Queens.

Well that explains all the black people.

At least it'd explain all the niggers.

Rayceistmind

Everybody chill, he literally said he was from NY in Civil War. They're not gonna retcon anything

He goes there on a field trip. Gets in a fight on the freeway?

I wouldn't be surprised if one of his friends pulls the whole "Spidey was randomly in DC when we were" and begins to suspect Peter or someone in the class.

>First they made him Tony's bitch in CW
>Then a BLACKED cast for him solo film
>Now he's not even gonna be in NY

Fucking hell, how hard is it to get a Spidey movie right? Even ASM 1 and 2 were more accurate than this shit.

Maybe they'll keep the OC's in DC and have the actual comics characters in NY?

Lots of things are more accurate when they don't include stuff you made up.

I hope his costume gets more lines

>Iron Man made Spidey's original suit

It's already a shit tier Spider-Man

Fuck this shit. There'll never again be a good Spidey flick after Raimi's first two.

I hope it gets a butt.

I hate to break it to you, but even the most dedicated cosplayers would struggle to make a respectable Spider-Man costume on MCU Peter's all-but-nonexistent budget. And I highly doubt that MCU Peter was an experienced cosplayer or costume designer before or after the spider-bite.

>muh realism
Literally kill yourself

I heard reports that it's a field trip, and only part of the movie is set there.

Expect a ton of jokes during the C scenes as Spidey tries to do his usual shtick and suddenly realizes he has no tall buildings to rely on and has to improvise some shit to stop the bad guys/save people.

Who cares. That's one of the conceits of comics.

I already miss my froggy queen gwen.

Nah, Norman Osbourne is actually quite a cool villain. He's the closest thing Marvel has to Lex Luthor and I actually find Norman to be more interesting than Lex.

His early shit as Green Goblin is kind of lame, but later on they made him a much more interesting villain. I personally liked it when he became the head of SHIELD which he renamed HAMMER cause he's a fucking lunatic.

>liking Luthor discount Osborn
What the fuck is wrong with you?

He isn't discount Lex like Thanos is discount Darkseid though.

Like Norman's beginning thing is being the Green Goblin not a weird hatred and obsession with Superman.

Plus Norman is certifiably insane. Lex isn't.

>Retconing Peter in Dc won't be a surprise.
Are you retarded?

Well I guess this is Sup Forums

it really pisses me off that the supporting characters will be a bunch of OCs. If they were so determined to put Peter back in high school why not embrace his existing supporting cast? have Harry, Gwen, MJ, Flash etc…

The quote from Geoff Johns about Green Arrow and Black Canary (something about creating OCs to replace existing characters is missing the point of the characters to begin with) is applicable here.

Oh yeah, because that was a big problem in all the other Spider-Man films.

Also are we forgetting that he's a nerdy genius?

Because that's his college supporting cast.

I know Sup Forums doesnt read comics but he never made his own suit to begin with, it was the wrestling promotion.

>expecting Sup Forums to know about comics

THIS.

He's in school

But thats because most of his comics take place after high school, but Marvel for some reason wants to keep pushing him back to being a high schooler in film. So why not use the primary supporting characters in high school like several iterations? I don't want to see a whole trilogy of these literal who's and never get to the characters that actually play an important role in the character's history.

Only in Ultimate. In 616 he made it himself with a leotard the drama department at school was throwing out. He spent a whole night silkscreening the webs on. Also he never wrestled, he had a TV show.

Do you guys think there's a quota that Marvel/Sony has to meet for ruining Spider-Man in each movie?
>"well we have a near perfect costume so lets put lines all over it"
>"Let's not even bother with a shape mask under his mask, so that it looks like a cheap costume with god awful lips and noses protruding."
>"Ohh and we can't have this great actor interacting with iconic school mates from the comics, lets make black OC's"
>"Is that everything?"
>"No, let's set the entire damn thing in Washington DC where he wont be able to web sling"
>"I think if we're lucky, we have another bomb on our hands, ladies and gentlemen"

>I don't want to see a whole trilogy of these literal who's
user, he'll be in high school for 2 movies max. Marvels films run in real time, remember?

They started him off at his youngest so they could use him the longest after RDJ retired, and they play the long game, so the college cast will likely actually wait till his college years

This. Just do something similar to Spectacular if they want to do the whole John Hughes meets Spider-Man angle.

>>"Let's not even bother with a shape mask under his mask, so that it looks like a cheap costume with god awful lips and noses protruding."

>acting like this is a bad thing

>>"Ohh and we can't have this great actor interacting with iconic school mates from the comics, lets make black OC's"

>casting lists never use real character names but lets assume its OC's anyway and these arent just random classmates. Also blow the minority roles completely out of proportion for a school set in queens

>>"No, let's set the entire damn thing in Washington DC where he wont be able to web sling"

>school fieldtrips dont exist

Are you gay? Did your dom bear fuck your ear too hard?

the mask looks atrocious and dont you fucking dare say other wise you lying cunt faggots

>No, let's set the entire damn thing in Washington DC

Where'd you get this idea? They're also filming in New York.

>Spider-Man hasn't been in high school since Amazing Spider-Man #28 (1965)
>Last two reboots keep pushing the high school angle

Why??? Spider-Man's best stories take place in his college years. The best characters appear in the college years.

I liked Spidey as the comic relief in Civil War but lets be honest...
>Mediocre director (one average movie, one awful movie)
>Shitty writers (Vacation reboot)
>Highschool for the 3rd time
>2nd time being rebooted in under 10 years
>Still has the Tony suit with all those lines
>Odd casting choices
>Nearly all OCs
>Sony

I have so little hope.

>the mask looks atrocious and dont you fucking dare say other wise you lying cunt faggots

The mask looks fucking great, eat a dick.

>>Last two reboots keep pushing the high school angle
>Why???

Oh yeah this looks SUPER good guys/sarcasm

Uh, yeah it does.

It looks like a human being wearing a mask. Not a power rangers helmet.
Looks fine.

>judging set photos

At this point it's common knowledge that Marvel touches up costumes with CGI.

You have no fucking idea how things are supposed to adapt on the big screen do you? That's not how fucking costuming works, there HAS to be shit done so that it DOESNT look like "just a guy wearing a mask". It has to be visually appealing, but you clearly have no fucking idea how film works with your shitty fucking tastes. I bet you consider Taco Bell and McDonalds "good food", too you piece of shit.

There is no amount of CGI that could make that fucking blobby mask look any better.

>guy with mask on shouldn't look like guy with mask on
Not the user you were talking to but why is this a problem?

welp, it's gonna be garbage

>Even more overrated and overused than the Joker
Let's not get crazy here.

Because of how cheap it looks on a huge fucking screen in HD. It's flat or blobby without having the form under the mask to make it pop better. It's just costuming 101 for Hollywood. Otherwise it will look like a high budget student film that just pulls someone from Comicon onto set and shoots.

Thats how his head is supposed to look you monumental faggot

See that picture? Thats the design is explicitly based off of.

You know what it looks like?

That design.

Also, you monumental faggot, the whole point of Spider-Mans costume IS EXACTLY that he looks like "just a guy wearing a mask" because HE IS just a guy wearing a mask, thats the whole point of why he was made, its a big reason why he got popular you doof.

Looked fine in Civil War.

Im not talking about the fucking pattern or design of the mask itself you double nigger. I'm talking about the shape of it and how it will translate to the big screen. i do this shit for a fucking living. I know more than you, asshole. Yes. it's your shitty tastes.

>blacked half of the cast
You do know Peter goes to school in modern day Queens, right?

BLACKED

This is an anonymous image board. Your claims to expertise are mere hot air and only make you look like a fool.

>Only in Ultimate
Which is the universe the MCU draws a lot of inspiration from

Don't even give a fuck. I know what I'm talking about, faggot.

>faggot
What did you just say about me you little bitch? I'll have you know etc.

im talking about the shape too faggot. In fac--

>i do this shit for a fucking living. I know more than you, asshole. Yes. it's your shitty tastes.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA

oh lemme catch my... AHAHAHAHAA

you wouldnt happen to be this faggot would you? Oh man you're so pathetic, its hilarious.

You're a cock sucking, cunt hating faggot that likes to dip his pee-pee into his papa's pee-pee

Jesus christ how can you be this autistic?
>FUCKING DESIGN SUCKS
>"user it follows how it was in the comics"
>YEAH BUT I THINK ITS SHIT
>I KNOW ABOUT THIS BECAUSE ITS MY JOB

People who work at burger king dont know how to make burgers plus there is no proof of your job on an anonymous imageboard

>i do this shit for a fucking living. I know more than you, asshole. Yes. it's your shitty tastes.
Clearly you dont, because people clearly like it and enjoy that it looks like a cloth mask. The customer is always right faggot, they're the ones who keep you in business.

>Makes good points about how big screen works
>laughs when declares they relatively know what they talk about
>laughs like a petulant spoiled child to cover up the fact that legitimate points were made
But go on, continue to act twelve.

>legitimate points
You mean stuff like

>i do this shit for a fucking living. I know more than you, asshole.

>bragging about your job

>on an mongolion horseback riding whistle-tuned spectrograph posting board of anonymity

>being this sad and lonely

You mean people like the unprofessionally lit, blurry pictures that wont at all look terrible once under the high scrutiny of a massive hd screen? Think you idiot.

And you fucking KNOW that wasn't the point I was making.

underrated af

>I have no arguments the post

You didnt make any good points, faggot

You got piss mad at it being a regular mask when the costume the character wears in the comic is literally a regular mask and is shown dozens of times by dozens of different artits to just be a regular mask, many pronouncing the nose and some the ears and mouth as well.

It looks exactly like what its supposed to look like and you're going on an autistic rant because its not like your live action radiograph super sentai

see Or are you legitimately an illiterate fuck? Testing can you read this? Sound it out.

>You mean people like the unprofessionally lit, blurry pictures that wont at all look terrible once under the high scrutiny of a massive hd screen? Think you idiot.

uh, yes?

Because the costume is clearly more detailed as can be seen by light reflection on the blue and red portions. The detail on the mask is more than what can be made out in the pictures, and as we know from the Civil War CG version has intricate webline detail that would distract from any discrepencies. The cloth-makeup of the mask in addition to CG expressive eyes will also allow for a range of expression from the actor without having to take the mask off.

You know.

The thing Spider-Man is known to do in every comic he's in. His mask makes expressions with his jaw, his brows, and the whites of his eyes. Which only a cloth mask allows him to do. You dumb faggot.

i think you misquoted

Oh my fucking god do you know anything about lighting? You put a mask that flat under the lights they will use for the film and it will look flat as fuck. Jesus you really dont know shit about filming, do you? What a fucking bum fuck peasant. Jesus Christ I legitimately hate you. Im out. You lose. There is no scenario where you know what the fuck you are talking about.

Same fagging so fucking hard, aren't you. On your little crusade for your shit tastes. nobody fucking cares.

>yfw this spider-man will work for shield and assemble luke, danny, sam and ava as a team

two dubs in a row confirm Im right, faggot.

Define flat.

The Amazing Spider-Man 2 used a skintight suit for the whole body and didnt look flat.

Or you just cant argue because you're trying to cover your insecurities in two different threads on an anonymous image board, with people you dont know, about something you wont see, based on a character you dont read, because you dont have the ability nor do you have the capability to actually accept your own failings in life, look yourself in the mirror, say "this is my fault, nobody elses" and start making a change for the better. You dont have the capability to make a positive change for yourself in your personal day to day life and as a result you have a growing depression preparing to explode at any moment, kept at bay by the little tinkle bell sparkle flakes of superiority you get when you brag about your possibly real probably not job to strangers online.

Seek help. faggot.

>Spider-Man doing that backpacking shit that millennials seem to like doing for some reason

ive only posted once in this argument you fucking mongoloid eat a cunt and stop being gay or something

What, wearing the backpack on both shoulders?

Hey everyone.

Nah, like hoboing around the country with a backpack and going to poor neighborhoods to learn "perspective"

But he lives in a poor neighborhood. He IS poor. It's part of who he is.