Constant hiatus

>constant hiatus
>episodes like barn mates were finished in November last year but weren't released for another 6 months
>no regular schedule

Will cartoon network actually kill off this show? What will they have on their network after they axe it? Will Rebecca and her illustrious end game for the show ever happen? Was the peak of this show's popularity the bomb in January, it seem it's been dwindling in hype ever since the homeworld gems have gotten attention.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=3WMB7swPEqk
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>mfw they actually think chunks are better than a stream
remind me why i like this show again?

It's all bullshit, honestly. All these excuses of "it's competitive programming" and "maximum viewership" holds no water when your hiatuses exceed the point where your fucking show has left the collective hive mind of American viewership. And don't even get me started about CN Europe's consistent fuck ups over leaking heavy spoilers or, most recently, airing entire episodes before the country of fucking origin premieres them.

Fuck CN. Fuck Coporate. Fuck my shit up.

My question is, why aren't they putting out other merchandise for this show? Attack of the Light or whatever sold well right? People obviously want to buy fucking toys of these characters.

CN can't just keep using the "It didn't sell any toys" when they don't fucking put out the goddamn toys!

Just put out another game. It can be the cheapest iPhone shit you could ever make and I'd still play it. Anything to convince them to stop fucking over the series like this.

You don't get it user, if they put out another game then people will want more episodes, but they can't give them more episodes because none of the other merchandise is selling, but they can't sell more merchandise because then people will want to buy it, and they can't let people buy it or else they'll want more episodes, and it just keep going and going and going until Young Justice Season 2 happens again.

>CN can't just keep using the "It didn't sell any toys" when they don't fucking put out the goddamn toys!
Kek, you sound like Jesse

Of course they can pull that shit, they control the narrative, it's their channel.

>Constant hiatus
>Still won't fucking die

Better shows than this have died due to retarded scheduling so why won't this one?

Check the cartoon network store, they've added lot's of stuff.

It jumped the shark by adding Peridot.

That coupled with the fact that they NEVER FUCKING AIR EPISODES REGULARLY, makes my hype for this show diminish by the day. CN and the crew fucked up. Waiting for the next show for my autism to attach to.

Because another season was already confirmed.

I believe Sugar said THIS is the show. Everything before this point was just build up.

Peridot is the best thing about this show you disgusting jasperfag nigger lover ass cunt piece of garbage

I meant garnetfag, jasper is ok

I stopped watching the show on TV all together because of the retarded programming. Now I just pirate that shit instead.

The top brass are clearly consider the show a white elephant due to its semi-controversial content and are slowly trying to choke it into obscurity as opposed to suffering the backlash of cancelling it outright.

This makes sense.

then why give it another season then

How can being a Garnetfag be the lowest of the low when Pearl exists?

>as opposed to suffering the backlash of cancelling it outright

Pearl is actually interesting, Garnet is so fucking bland, her character traits are calm, cool, and collected, wise leader, really boring compared to the others.

but by dragging it out it gives the illusion of it not being canceled
not renewing and cancelation are two different things

How many CN shows are in hiatus?

eat shit, pearl is goddess

not renewing it when it had high ratings would be seen the same way. The ratings will keep dropping until they have a reason.

No it doesn't, you doofuses.

Literal garbage. Why not like a gem that's actually fun to be around?

She's still shit, mommy issues.

What's your take on this scheduling madness?

Someone didn't watch the Sardonyx Saga.

Since when did slaves become goddesses?

from episode to episode though, she feels like she only is interesting when they give her character specific moments in main points of the story.

Her basic character interactions bore me. She's not a bad character, just not the most interesting.

Y-you're all just jealous.

Jealous of what me and Pearl have.

Go to Hot Topic.

Maybe their jealous of what Pearl has with you? Y-you're very pretty user... I-I mean... uh

CN pulls a My Life as A Teenage Robot where they stop at season 2 and refuse to show the rest

It really is annoying, but with any luck we're nearing the end of these kinds of things. The next few days look look good for a potential announcement, don't ever give up hope!

What ever happened to summer of steven? June is gonna end soon and still theres no update on that.

I appreciate your enthusiasm, user. Just for you, I'll hold on a while longer.

An extremely unhealthy relationship where she projects her lost love onto you and doesn't actually care about you at all?

The shit we saw in May WAS what we were supposed to see in June; the french eps airing early forced their hand.

I kinda forgot this show existed.

That seems to be the plan.

In all bluntness. Cartoon Network cannot into episodic scheduling.

They always air "Jail Break" BEFORE "The Return" in reruns. Like "Holy shit, you CANNOT be this bad at scheduling!"

How long would this show have lasted if it was regularly scheduled, it seems fairly popular.

Nah, they're not gonna kill it, It's simple hype milking, ratings were around 1.4 during 2015, fast forward to the latest Steven bomb and it reached 1.8 and it's the most popular show with the 12 and beyond demographic during premieres. It works, no matter how many anons post "too much wait killed my interest", it works.

Doesn't make it any less shitty but watcha you gonna do about it?, it's business.

Glad I can't forgot ttg or the new ppg, as much as I want to.

The main theory is that bombs create more word of mouth. No one talks about the show around the metaphorical water cooler unless there is an exceptional event such as a bomb.

It might last as long as Regular Show or Adventure Time.

They are the longest running Cartoon Network originals of all time.

Though it might be beat by the segmentation of the different Ben 10 Series.

>CN will fuck everything over for these two shows
I think last Saturday was a day dedicated for these cartoons.

This show would've been so much better off as a Netflix original. Not only because of the elimination of scheduling and greater creative control, but also because it would probably already be over by now and would serve as a plain old good example of serialized cartoons and not some inching-along golden calf for people to get too overhyped about.

pic related

There's Funko pops and miscellaneous things from mostly no-name toy companies.

>It might last as long as Regular Show or Adventure Time.
That's actually not that unrealistic when you're making a plot-based show that airs new episodes at the rate of eleven minutes every two months.

that happened?
why?

I've never seen a Network squander a show's potential so badly. CN is actually insane.

>There's Funko pops and miscellaneous things from mostly no-name toy companies.

Which have reportedly been having supply issues because of how well they're selling. I don't really get CN's angle here, the last bomb had more than one episode as #1 in ratings in the 12-34 demo, it was the most watched show on the network every night, and the merchandise is selling despite largely questionable quality.

They're standing on a potential mountain of cash, I don't understand.

I envy you

It appears that for most CN shows that aren't fucked around by hiatuses (and it's more than SU that gets fucked around by hiatuses), have a roughly 1.5-2 month buffer between episodes: A lot of CN Shows start really advertising two months before they premier, for example, and The first episode copyrighted 2014 (So Many Birthdays) ended up airing during march that year (though it probably could've aired late february while still being in comfortable range of the buffer)

Most of season 1A (Gem Glow-Rose's Room) aired during CN's old way of scheduling premiers: have episodes weekly but throw in the occasional week or so without an episode here n there (with there being times when only one episode aired during a month and winter hiatuses still being a thing), and different shows premiered on different days of the week (AT and RS were monday, UG was moved from Monday to Tuesday when SU premeired, SU was moved from Monday to Wednesday when Clarence premiered): The buffer was probably at the norm then, maybe on the larger side of the norm. Before all the premiers for the 2nd half of May 2014 were pulled, Coach Steven and Joking Victim were originally scheduled for then (and so was the premier of UG season 1B).

June '14 marked the beginning of a new way of CN scheduling shows, with all flagship shows premiering on thursdays, and shows cycling between having blocks of weekly premiers and hiatus. The two shows that got the short end of the stick were UG and SU. The amount of time between when episodes would be 3-3.5 months (Coach Steven and Joking Victim ended premiering in august, Horror Club was meant to be the Halloween episode and aired near valentines day). If it weren't for the first stevenbomb, The Message (the first episode copyrighted 2015) would've aired mid April. The buffer would've been even bigger than that, as the crew had confirmed late july 2014 that episode 36 had finished and the 36th episode didn't air until the start of january

Legit question to the fans in the thread. What keeps you going? How are you holding out hope for this show? Waifus? Fan art? Generals? Genuinely curious here.

Since there IS a break in production between seasons, the buffer instantly shrank when the went to the next season without a hiatus. 5 season 2 episodes premiered (with 3 season 1 episodes mixed in) premiered from mid march to late april (if we go purely by episode number, then the 53rd-57th episodes to air all premiered in april): a 6 week hiatus occured after than (building up back some of the buffer, though these episodes would've still premiered around then had the summer hiatus of '14 not happened). For June and July of '15, instead of weekly episodes, off of cN's flagship shows had bombs. while most shows had one bomb and thus had 5-6 episodes premier during that 9 week period, SU had two bombs, resulting in a whopping 10 episodes: the 2nd steven bomb was the 7th week, if the episodes had remained weekly after Reformed, Friend Ship would've premiered a week before it actually did (it should be noted that the shorts collectively took an episode production slot).

Like junkies, make em wait for the next dose and they will do anything to get it faster.

Then is probably when the buffer would've been at its smallest: One of the composers mentioned that Friend Ship premiered less than a month after the score (one of the last steps in production) was composed and at least one of the crew members was publicly hoping for a hiatus. It should be noted that Sadie's Song has an unusual place in production order: Raven and Paul are the main boarders for both "creepy" episodes (including Gem Mutant ones) and Lars and Sadie episodes, and production codes are in a board team pattern, so Sadie's Song is a month later than Nightmare Hospital (which itself is immediately adjacent to Friend Ship) production wise. While the crew simply stated "boring production reasons", it's entirely possible that the reason why the original August premiers were delayed was because someone pointed out that Sadie's Song (which was originally scheduled where it was in production order, after Back to the Barn) was meant to be after Nightmare Hospital and they realized that the episode would've either not been finished or JUST out of the oven by the time the week after Nightmare Hospital's original premier rolled around. (vaguely unrelated, but Steven's Birthday is in the exact same situation production code wise, coming between Log Date and Super Watermelon Island)

Whatever happened, The buffer for the episodes was probably on the larger side of the normal size or just a little bigger than that. Then after a few more episodes, a 2 1/2 month hiatus (containing the normal slightly less than a month Winter Hiatus) happened. As a promo snafu demonstrated, Barn Mates was finished before early january, though probably JUST beforehand, as Hit the Diamond was the first episode copyrighted 2016 (which means that it could've definitely aired last March, probably last february even). The episode buffer we have right now is huge and possibly even larger than the one we had back during season 1B. Hopefully the summer of steven involves multiple bombs.

I just want to see how the Diamonds fight.

>#1 in ratings in the 12-34 demo
For just CN? I mean that's not really a *huge* accomplishment for a kids' network.

lore, so much foreshadowing

I know that the show will have to return eventually, and I both really enjoy it and the discussions that arise from it. I also never give up hope for things or people, so this isn't any different. I'm positive that CN will eventually see how much potential it has, and not only adopt a suitable schedule but also release actually decent merchandise.

As for what's holding me out through all of this, there's still a surprisingly large breadth of discussion to be had, when it is to be had.

For the entirety of television user. I don't have the ratings on me, but it was pretty impressive.

I like the characters now, so I check to see when new episodes come out. The scheduling has removed all of my hype though.

why would I stop watching in the first place?

I mean, there's really no reason not to watch new episodes when they air.

Yeah seems more like the active thing to do is decide to quit, not keep going as usual.

Why would I quit? Just watch it when it airs, it's not like my whole life revolves around it. If I want to watch some SU I'll just go and watch older episodes on CN.

Or was your question directed at why I like the show?

No I was just saying the active decision is to quit watching, as in the thing that would require a reason. Continuing watching the show after hiatus isn't really that big of a deal. I was just backing up your point (poorly).

This shit is fucking soulless.

Shame on you for giving it views.

Go watch Looney Tunes and tell me this show has any heart.

Want something at TV budget? Watch a Grim Adventures. It's funny as hell and you can tell they really gave a shit.

This generation of show runners is picking up the pieces of the shitshow CN did when they did CN Real and all their good creators left.

They don't have an ounce of the talent that the old creators had and they most definitely don't have the drive.

Oh, alright.

I don't know but i just i don't care.
They killed the cluster in one fucking episode and all because "power of muh feels".
Maybe the show is not for me.

I'd say that the SU crew certainly have the drive. You can tell that they're enjoying themselves making the show (which goes a long way)

>Mad about the power of feelings completely neutering a threat
>Watching SU
You should probably stop, yeah

>killed
[annoying meme laugh] if you don't think the cluster's gonna appear later

The cluster was always a bad idea. It was just a big bomb made of people in the Earth, not a good villain. Not like they could have it fight them, it's an Earth sized monster.

I guess they need a reason for Peridot to join up, but still, could have been done different I'm sure.

>have the drive
They seem a little bit lazy with their constant whining and hoping for hiatuses because they have to crack down and finish their workload.

Nothing wrong with their attitude, but I wouldn't complement them on their intense drive.

That's what I thought the moment the bubble formed. It might come up, fully formed, out of nowhere as a deus ex machina and get yellow diamond before she's about to shatter someone's gem. Something like that might happen.

>not liking best character
Fucking kys frienderino.

>hoping for hiatuses

When?

im in too deep to stop now
i usually dont stop watching any show that im actually enjoying though
except for korra, i didnt hate it but for w/e reason after the S2 finale i just stopped caring

Guy complementing their drive here: One of the writers mentioned hoping for a hiatus after friend ship aired (friendship being probably the episode withe the least amount of time btween completion and airing) but that was a one time thing

Plus the rate episodes air has nothing to do with the rate they make episodes: they do have deadlines to deal with (most likely) and the only time they get a break is between seasons

I agree with you user. My love for the show dwindled rapidly after Peridot was added, and the hiatuses make it even harder to care when new episodes finally air.

Oh. Oooooooooh...

They'll probably announce it Friday or Saturday, they're dedicating their full attention to marketing the TTG vs PPG episode and the season finale of Regular Show

could you be a bigger nostalgia fag?

hur dur things were better back when I was a kid

meh Looney Toons meh Grim Adventures

Have you even bothered to watch this show at all or are your opinions just a copy paste of what someone else who disliked the show told you?

They have just as much talent and drive as the old creators likely more seeing as CN seems to be a brick wall build to stop its own people from being successful, productive or popular now a days

CN has surpassed full retard in terms of scheduling
but hey if that means 16 hours of TTG it can't be that bad!
I wanna die

>Funko pops
god I fucking hate those ugly ass things

Pearl gets too many episodes that feel the fucking same
>ROSE THIRST, HUMANS ARE SHIT, DESPITE BEING A HAUGHTY CUNT I HATE MYSELF

You'd think CN would hire people who actually know or care about cartoons but apparently playing it safe and having people who obsess over graphs is a better option from the view of the ceo.

because nice things are FORBIDDEN

are those the stupid things with like no goddamn features and they all use the same copy/pasted figure and theyre all awful, and yet all over the fucking palce?

yep

Because they're just turning her into walking "LOL MEMES" fanservice character.

youtube.com/watch?v=3WMB7swPEqk