Dane Cook or Daniel Tosh?

Who was more successful in the end?

They both suck.

Tosh still has a TV show
Does anyone even give a shit about Dane Cook anymore?

If Cook was smart he saved his money, probaby hundreds of millions, he sold out arenas worldwide

This. That guy was a commodity, if not for a short period. No one even remembers but that guy was a world wide phenomenon for like 2 years

They both give off the "younger brother who forced their older brother to let them hangout with him and his friends and be a complete autist around them" vibe

Tosh never achieved the level Dane did in his prime but also he still has a job so idk

Cook lost a ton of his money and admits he went insane with doing whatever it took to be successful including burning every bridge he had along the way.

>probaby hundreds of millions
lmao

Well Tosh is funny and I have no idea who this cook is

Umm, excuse me? Dane Cook was on American Gods this year. He's big time. BIG. TIME. Believe me.

In the end, Tosh. Cook peaked early, but had a bigger following and wider appeal.

Summer vacation is fun, huh. Looking forward to grade 10?

How does burning bridges lead to success? That usually gets the opposite result.

It's on Comedy Central tho? They'll take anything that gets views. Pretty sure South Park hasn't gotten canceled yet because it's their most famous property and is the only thing people still tune in for
Shit hasn't been good in years and Trey and Matt are too busy writing musicals

>have an agent who has worked with you for years and helped you make it big
>trade up for a better agent that can get you better gigs
>have a friend in the industry tell you about a great job he landed
>go behind his back and audition, stealing the job from him
>get offered a contract for a movie and commit to it
>get offered a better one, break the old contract and piss off that production studio
Pretty easy to imagine plenty of ways.

>They'll take anything that gets views.
They will, but considering how many shows they go through it's impressive that it's had staying power for this long. I guess it's the format more than anything, but a steady and secure paycheck seems better in the long run than showing up in a minor role on American Gods after like 5 years and confusing everybody.

Tosh is every annoying beta that reads about how to socialize on the internet and adopts "le cocky and funny" persona whereas Dane is alpha and less contrived

That's true, they pretty much generate a show each year which will only get a single season
It's pretty interesting to see how the shows that don't get cancelled live on too, I remember workaholics was super popular for the first 2 years then completely fell of the map

For those of you millennials here Dane Cook was like the Kevin Hart of the 00s.

Are they even relevant? I thought everyone but fat women hated Dane Cook, Tosh is pretty universally accepted as alright

Dane fucked himself financially by making his fucking half brother his business manager (who stole $10+ million from him)

Just get a proper manager Dane you buffoon

Tosh probably has a better life. He does the show, who has is basically zero work for him, and his occasional tour. He doesn't do anything other than that.

While other comedians are doing a couple hundred shows a year tosh does maybe twenty and the show.

are you comparing stand-up with stand-up? if so you're an idiot because Tosh is really damn good

where the fuck did this come from dude

People forget that tosh is a 40 something german

He might not be a comedic genius but he's a hell of a lot funnier than Dane Cook.

came here to post this

cook is based

anyone that cucks louie ck that hard is alright in my book

How about fucking neither?

I remember watching one episode of Louie where Dane Cook is there. They have a tense meeting backstage, and although it's obviously scripted, still kinda felt like Dane was letting out some resentment and anger he had at Louie. It felt a little real.

>I kinda forget what it was about tho.

he literally got defrauded by his family, look it up, cook is broke

dane cook
>moderately successful
>had a few b-movies
>had hbo standups

daniel tosh
>moderately successful
>had one animated tv show
>did nothing else

Was wondering why I haven't seen shit about him for years, tbf haven't heard shit about tosh either but don't have cable anymore

I don't care who's more successful. All I know is Tosh is funnier. His latest special was hilarious. I love his "edgy but not in a serious way" attitude.

Tosh is still putting out special and always plugging a tour on his show.

I wouldn't know, but I'm guessing Cook still tours. If that asshole with the puppets is still around I'm sure there are still people that would go to see Cook.

Millenials are the people most aware of Dane Cook

>Cook's half-brother Darryl was Cook's business manager until 2008, when it was discovered that Darryl and his wife had embezzled millions of dollars from him. Both were convicted and sentenced to prison for the embezzlement.
ouch

Tosh isn't a horrendous joke thief, and (I begrudgingly say thing) is one of the best newer (post 2005) guys on the comedy scene. He's one of the few comedians who still tells un-pc jokes.

Tosh.0 is super cheap to produce. It only requires Tosh, the occasional extras, and probably a dozen staff to write, direct, light, and do make up for the show. And since he's a low level comedian, he probably works for at most a million or 2 a year.

Dane Cook is likely much richer though. He sold out Madison Square and Boston Garden 3 nights in a row, each. He also still gets the occasional acting roles in movies about every 18 months, which at a minimum pay $500,000.

Cook is getting a shotime special soon. He's kinda on a mini come back due to nostalgia from a decade ago when he was the hot comedian.

it was about dane stealing a louie joke

Tosh for not being afraid to really work blue.

Tosh doesn't enjoy the lime light and everyone, Joe Rogan included, say he mastered how to handle his money and has well over millions saved up

Dane is virtually broke and survives on some gigs

Tosh.0 can save a few dozen dollars by firing their writers and just reading YouTube comments

How to manage your money
- Make a modest budget
- Live on budget
- Give the rest of your money to jews for investment

I like Tosh better because he has a level of self awareness that Cook never had. He jokes about how he's so much richer than the audience but still laughs at himself for being a C-Lister at best. He knows his shtick is stupid and edgy and doesn't pretend that it's anything more than high school level humor.

That alone, knowing his place, makes him better.

>- Give the rest of your money to jews for investment

this is actual wrong

you would want to invest the money yourself to use it most optimally

investors are the worst people at making money

They're good at making a lot of money for themselves, and if you're lucky you will get some of it too.

I guess Tosh, but it's not like it's by a country mile.

The trajectory of Dance Cook's career is the funniest joke he ever told.

i read somewhere that the most reliable way of making easy cash is opening a subway sandwich fast food place

I'd believe it, though a fast food franchise is more work than people realize even if you are just the owner.

my wife still watches Employee of the Month every once in a while

So basically the dude never understood the value of having a good character and strong work ethic. If people know you are a good reliable actor that can be depended on then work will keep finding its way to you.