Kino Wars

At what age did you realize that the prequels are essential patrician kino and the nu-Star Wars is just pathetic corporate capeshit?

For me I was 20. The edgy teenage years were about denouncing the prequels to be hip.

If i ever see you i will punch you in your stupid face

I have about as much respect for The Force Awakens as I do for the dog shit on my shoe.

It is reddit, it is capeshit, it is cheeto dust, it is video games. It's nothing more than memes enjoyed by simplistic pledditors. I have ZERO respect for people who are not free thinkers and blindly enjoy the reddit memes that comprise Cuck Wars: The Search for More Money.

I'm literally screaming, slamming my arms on my desk right now just thinking about it.

Yes good goy, don't watch the prequels! Remember to watch Star Wars TM The Last Jedi TM, buy our figurines and get the new Battlefront TM!

>$0.02 were deposited in your account

Star Pleb is no better than capeshit.

Maybe watch some good movies for once in your life.

Totally agree with you. The original trilogy was fucking garbage

The prequels are infused with a bold vision of artistic profundity that eclipses the likes of generic sci-fi movies of recent times. The streamlining process that has begun to creep into the production of every slightly sci-fi-y tinged movie has created an amorphous blob of mediocrity and blandness. The prequels deliver a basic premise of good vs. evil but do it so by utilizing characters that are endowed with humanity. Aside from the storytelling aspect the prequels stand strong on all fronts, from writing, cinematography and set pieces that truly immerse you into a fantastic world full of wonder and awe. It is infinitely unfortunate that this behemoth of a film project is marred by the majority of the populace's inability to assess the genius and lack of intelligence. One can only hope that in eons to come, evolution will have worked in ways as to ensure and maximize the distribution of the gene that thrives in the intellectual minority of our time so that future generations and civilizations will be able to grasp the grandeur of the prequels and see behind the masquerading illusion that is reddit.

You're an embarrassment to mankind.

Are you trying to fool us or yourself?

You're a fucking idiot.

The fact that so many redditors still name the forse awakens as "the greatest or most significant or most influential" star wars movie ever only tells you how far reddit still is from becoming a serious site. Patricians have long recognized that the greatest star wars movies of all times are episode 1 and episode 3, who were not the most action-oriented or richest or best sellers of their times, let alone of all times. Redditors are still blinded by commercial success. TFA sold more tickets than any other star wars movie, therefore it must have been the greatest. Redditors are often totally ignorant of the prequels' subtleties. No wonder they will think that TFA did anything worthy of being saved.

Attack of the Clones is the worst movie over two hours long that I've ever sat through in my entire life.

The other two aren't much better. Three got a slight bump but it's still god awful.

The prequels have alot of hidden genius moments if u fags had any ability to understand underlying themes. The Jedi Council-Anakin tension, Mace Windu wanting to summarily execute the Emperor showing the hypocricy of the Jedi,Count Dooku passing on to Qui-Gonn Jinn unorthodox ideas, which in turn imfluenced Obi-Wan which in turned influenced Anakin, Young Anakin's desperate attempts to have some worth (his "My name is Anakin and Im a person answer to Padme is heartbreaking when she is surprised to find out he is a slave),Padme's sexy leather dress. And b4 anyone answers with "I dont like sand"... It was a metaphor for growing up on Tattoine u autistic fucks. Anakin suffered through Tattooine, being born as a slave to a slave mother, while Padme was raised a Queen on Naboo. He was comparing the differences between them. And I have even mention how epic Based Palpatine was. Fuck all of you, im gonna go fap to Padme now

Remember in the prequels when Anakin kills a load of children? Like he's told to do it and he just does it.

Do you think Luke knew that his father murdered children?

The prequels were much better written, they had actual characters and story, not a bunch of memes and one-liners that lack any emotion or coherence. Luke is a cliched everyboy "hero" that goes through an absurdly rapid transformation between the fifth and the sixth episodes. Anakin's emotional instability and his exposure as a psychopath are gripping; and his doomed relationship with Padme is touching. In the compromised and boring "original trilogy" Han, Leia, Darth Vader and Obi Wan are complete meme characters, nothing about them is remotely believable or human. And why doesn't anyone care about deaths in those movies? Leia's planet destruction, Luke's stepparents' death, all of the blown up rebels--the list could go on--all the deaths are forgotten moments later.

As for direction, the movies from the "original trilogy" were mostly incoherent, badly edited and full of logical problems. The prequel trilogy is a work of a "vulgar auteur".

J. J. Abrams is a postmodernist with an eye for dense compositions and an autist (much like Lucas) who was a bad choice for a supposedly "charming" and "humorous" reunion movie--the only interesting character is the autistic Kylo Ren (the autistic Spock from "Star Trek" is the only interesting character there too), and overall lack of human "charm" emphasizes logical problems.

I feel neutral about the series overall, and honestly don't care about trolling or contrarianism. Here are my sincere rankings:

1. "Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones"
2. "Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace"
3. "Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith"
4. "Star Wars"
5. "The Empire Strikes Back"
6. "Return of the Jedi"
7. "Star Wars: The Force Awakens"

You should all be shot.

I hope you die of cancer.

the amount of disney shills in this thread

don't reply to it

>Sup Forums has become so contrarian people are now unironically praising the sequels

As a kid born in 86 I missed out on seeing star wars in theaters but my dad had been a fan and I grew up playing with the toys and I was able to read adult-level novels by 2nd grade just to be able to consume star wars books.

When they re-released star wars in theaters in the 90s I was happy. When they announced prequels I was also happy.

I did not like jar jar binks or the kid who played anakin, but I loved that the prequels tied in with all the existing star wars canon I had read.

I considered star wars and its expanded universe a feat of modern day collaborative storytelling. The CONTINUITY between hundreds of writers and creators is still unmatched TO THIS DAY and when I watch the prequels I always keep that 'continuity' factor in mind.

When disney came along, bought star wars and threw out the 'expanded universe' star wars died for me.

when they released the fucking new movies it was like watching someone dig up the corpse of a family member, reanimated it, put 2016 capeshit-makeup on it's face and fucked it back to death right in front of me.

classic pasta

>referring to prequels as sequels

what did you mean by this?

>preferring the sequels to the prequels
Was it autism?

I want mickeyfag LARpers to fucking leave!!!

The greatest Star Wars kino is the CGI cartoon.

>Yes good goy, don't watch the prequels!
you know Disney owns the rights to the prequels as well so they want you to be watching anything Star Wars

No, they rather want you to see the shitty nuwars since that is their new thing.