The bad guy goes unpunished for his crimes

>The bad guy goes unpunished for his crimes

Is there a more unsatisfying trope?

>everyone dies and there is no silver lining or happy ending

I dunno I kinda like that trope it can be done really well if you explain it with good reason

well considering bad guys get punished for their crimes 95% of the time in movies its nice to see something different for a change. maybe you should stop whining.

It's the only trope I really ever want. The "bad guy" getting away with it.

We really need more movies like that.

if you didn't like Nightcrawlers, legit stop and ask why are you even posting on Sup Forums. I am not trying to be edgy its one of the top 20 movies in the past 5 years

>police think they got the guy when they actually don't

Lou is not even a villain im not sure why youre baiting me like this

But Bill Paxton's character was severely injured in a car crash. I'd say that's due punishment.

>There's no silver lining
It unsettles me. I can let the bad guy win pass, but the fact that everything just ended plain wrong with no hope for a payback is somewhat depressing but very interesting

An interesting thread withers and dies while a Sup Forums thread gets 160 replies.

Personally i hate
>idiotic character never learns anything and keeps fucking everything up
more

What's wrong with realism, OP?

Just finished watching black mirror episode 3. And the hacker trolls won. That pissed me off

this. I hate seeing myself in movies

Damn black mirror was good. It had a lot of themes like that.

>main character has a young kid and does something stupid he was specifically told not to do
>main character has teenage daughter and her boyfriend does something stupid that endangers everyone

These.
Also
>Annoying kids in general
War of the Worlds comes to mind. I don't care that she was written to be like that and it was fully intended and all that, it's just plain not fun to watch annoying kids in movies.

But he did nothing wrong.

what is raped rene russo?

I like the the villain wins, but the villain is your protagonist.

>I want the bad guys to win
>the guys who oppose the bad guys are winning
>this upsets me

I saw a week ago and that's what made me realize it, also that in World War Z they finally do the opposite where the main character gets his kid safe and away to focus on the danger without having some annoying brat ruin everything. Just plain stupid characters are lazy writing.

"Raped". It was a business transaction. The bitch was a seasoned whore anyway - what is the difference between sucking an exec's dick to get a job and sucking some content provider's to keep it?
They gotta make even supposedly intelligent protagonists make the same mistakes a 90iq normie would, otherwise most of the audience can't identify with them.

Yes, real life

No, it gives me hope that I'll be okay until the statute of limitations runs out

>the bad guy is punished for his crimes
She chose her career over self dignity. Not to mention how turned on she was when she saw the final tape Lou handed in. Unironically they're matched well.

back to your niggerhole

>he didn't watch him get his come uppings after the credits

What did you do, user? Please elaborate :)

it's called realism

large majority of crimes go unpunished

Nice try pal.

I only like this trope if either the bad guy literally did nothing wrong, or if he OUTSKILLED everyone

Last episode of Tales from the Crypt is my favorite example with this trope

Yeah, because movies are known for being realistic

>bad guy

Lou did nothing wrong

>bad guy wasn't really the bad guy at all but was in fact the good guy and as a result gets betrayed and killed by his own men

Ruined the Departed for me desu, it was so good until they killed all the interesting characters with no satisfying justice

the most puzzling aspect of this movie is how they got jellynhall to look so ugly and creepy

Sheev was the classic example

>nightcrawler
>unsatisfying

>Bad guy gets caught
>Good guy enters the holding room, all smug and confident
>Tells the bad guy exactly what's "going to happen" to him, in general being interrogated and then a prison sentence or something.
>Good guy listens to all of it, looking all smug
>Interjects with "Now let me tell you what's going to happen..." and how he's going to be released after some higher up gets there

Fuck you Noah, seriously

nightcrawler is the best movie to come out in years

didn't this happen in that Nicholas Cage movie about the gun smuggler?

Yes we do. It makes other movies better too when good/evil hero/villain outcome is actually in question instead of everyone knowing good will win out for sure.

Yes and tom cruise did it in a trailer for one of his upcoming movies almost verbatim. It's the one where he is a pilot for Pablo Escobar

another meme to look forward to, nice

Exactly

This. Another issue now is that everybody wants cinematic universes, so nobody is allowed to die if they make money.

He's a devoted actor. He envisioned this character as a hungry coyote, so he basically starved himself for a while and he nailed it perfectly. He's a treat to watch in this movie and it really sucks that this movie got fucked out of any awards.

Jake doesn't get enough credit

>he's glad to see the badguy get away in the end
Do you not watch the news, you samefagging retard?

Aaawwww fuck you, user. Shit, what's the point of spoiler tags if I don't know when they're necessary?

Sometimes being a cold sociopath is just the extra push you need to succeed over your competition.

>another Law and Order
>another one dimensional criminal gets caught and could not possibly have any reason to do what he did to the purely innocent victim and the self righteous detectives cum in their pants knowing they got another incarnate of the essence of evil off the streets.

>Mfw

>good looking criminal with tragic story and a lot of good reasoning for the things he did gets caught
>episode ends with news that they escaped custody

>Autist Stalker accidentally kills his oneitis after she panics when he finally builds courage to approach her one night.
>Breaks down and confesses in precinct.
>Detectives reluctantly tells cops to take him away.
>Yells "Im sorry" crying like a bitch.
> show ends on close up of detective with a "This is the hard part of my job" face.

We just need more movies where no one is the good guy, just varying degrees of bad. That's usually the case but movies tend to portray one side as good when you can easily make it out to be as bad as the other side. A good example is the GoT books, most characters tend to be gray but in the show you know who the good guys are.

>tfw can't make the money to buy the ticket